Stuff we like other than Twilight: Paper Route
So Moon & I talk about this all the time, but that one day, back in December ’08 when we randomly decided to turn our instant messaging conversations into a blog? Yeah, we had no idea that we’d end up where we are (almost) TEN months later! Ya know- we’ve “made it.” I mean, a PR person from Toys R’ Us contacted us the other day, y’all. What else can you want from life? I can now die happy.
Every day Moon & I attempt to make you laugh or make you think Twilosophically and for some reason thousands of you read us and email us and follow us on twitter and make US laugh. But.. you don’t really know us. And that’s a shame. A CRYING shame. (And also it’s really good for us. Because I’m pretty sure you’d be so underwhelmed by our “normal-ness” that you’d stop reading LTT/LTR altogether. And we don’t want that.) A dear LTT/LTR friend turned real-life friend, Brookelockart, was kind enough to to force out this sentence when I talked to her about the difference between cyber-UC and real-life UC:
I’ve heard you say funny things… once or twice…
Thanks Brookie. Anyway, we like to share with you, from time to time, stuff we like other than Twilight so that we can prove to you we know how to live our mantra of “That’s Normal” and so you get to know us better. Since we’re awesome n’ stuff. (See our first post about this here, so you don’t miss learning about UC & Moon)
At press time (aka 1:42 am this morning when I’m 4 drinks in) Moon has not told me what she likes, so today just stars me, which is another thing to add to the list of things I like- stuff about me. Without further ado, UC likes:
- Music: but good music. You might call me a music snob. And I’m fine with that!
- California: I declared when I was 13 that I’m moving there. I’m still working on that, but it will happen.
- The Internet: I’m kinda obsessed with the internet. I blog personally (actually I apologize to my personal blog profusely since I don’t have time to blog there anymore!), I download and use EVERYTHING google and I love geeky new things that pop up online.
- Wearing big things in my hair- Flowers. Check. Feathers. Check. Bows. Check.
- Self-portraits. I’m the queen of self-portraits. I take them anywhere and everywhere. Usually I make a silly face. Sometimes I attempt to look sexy which people assume is my silly face. Sexy UC= Fail.:
So in the spirit of telling you about Moon & UC and sharing “Stuff we like other than Twilight,” I bring you something not exactly Twilight-related but also kinda still Twilight-related since, obviously, we do run a Twilight blog.
Paper Route is a band I LOVE! They are my husband’s college friends and have recently gotten a ton of really good press & I’m so happy because they deserve it. (PS they’re currently touring with Paramore which is not exactly Twilight-related but kinda is since they were on the soundtrack and we bow to Queen Hayley for partaking in one of our most favoritest interviews of Rob ever)
I happened across this New Moon trailer, which we’ve all seen, set to two amazing Paper Route songs:
Love them? They’re amazing, seriously. You can stream their whole album on Imeem. Clicky below for good times music finds!
Thus concludes today’s lesson on learning more about UC & stuff she likes.
and don’t forget about entering the “‘Imma Enter a Twilight Contest’ Contest“