Dear Twilight, Stephenie Meyer, Chris Weitz, Chris Hansen and everyone else that falls under those 5 titles,
Continuing with our weekend of thanks (aka Moon & UC take a break from blogging due to the pie-coma we’ve been in since Thursday), we opened it up to our readers to share what they are thankful to YOU for in the Twi-world!
Kristin, forum mod, incredible friend and list maker extraordinaire, kicks us off with a sappy, funny, THOROUGH list of thankfulness!
- I am thankful that Crazy Cathy is a cougar, without her prowess for Rob, we wouldn’t have gotten to see him come to life as Edward Cullen.
- I am thankful for DVD commentary, without that I wouldn’t have the pleasure of hearing “cheeseburgahs!”, “super human moron” and “there’s always something suspect about a guy who plucks his eyebrows”.
- I am thankful for DVD’s in general when it comes time to fast forward through Kristen/Bella stuttering in the hospital bed.
- I’m thankful that Stephanie Meyer had a dream. A dream about a meadow that has changed mine and countless other womens perspective on what constitutes the perfect man. However I am not thankful for repetitive use of the word “chagrin”.
- I am thankful for the leg hitch. David Slade, so help me God, that leg hitch better be in there.
- I shall give thanks to the man who restored my faith in the movies, Chris Wietz. I am so thankful for him, I would iron those mustard colored pants even. Lets try and remain proper, but there are many ways I would like to show just how thankful I am.
- Also thankful for Michael Sheen and Tweed. (say that last part very seriously)
- I am thankful that I while I am a mother and I love the Twilight Saga, I am not a twi-mom.
- I’m thankful that there is a forum, about twilight, that I moderate. Never thought in my life, those 3 things would be together in a sentence.
- I am thankful that I don’t go one day without thinking about Rob/Twilight/New Moon/LTT/LTR, they are my life now.
- (here comes LOTS of cheese) I am thankful that I have met people who will be my friends for life, all because of twilight. People I have met and will meet, that are so fabulous, it makes me sad to think I wouldn’t know them if I had just blown off this stupid “vampire book”.
The Twitters were abuzz with thankfulness
Random_Brunette i am thankful for Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone,Chris Weitz,ShirtFree-ness & Heineken,amen
RobwardisSEXX I’m thankful for Rob always having the right amount of scruff on his gorgeous face. & 4 s.meyer’s creations.God bless her.
PhyllmeupRob Im thankful that Rob and Twilight reminded me 2 act young & really feel lifes emotions again without guilt. Cheesy enough?
Follow the cut for so much more thankfulness that you’ll wish you were back in your pie-coma
Krystle shares her thanks
- Stephenie Meyer….the creator.
- (Not thankful for the stylist who cut the mullet)
- AngstGoddess – for so much awesomeness!
- Brit Pack – treats for the eyes and ears!
- Chris Hansen FOR NOT doing his good job. Where was he during the Rolling Stone shoot?? Protecting Dakota or Boo Boo?
- Paris Latsis for keeping Reed occupied and away from Rob and her her fake lesbian other half.
- LTT/LTR, NMM.org & Robsessedpattinson.com – My holy trinity
Thankful for Twi-Moms!?
Why am I thankful for Twilight Moms? Well, really, UC and Moon, where exactly were you and your blogs on August 4th 2008 when the novel that is “Breaking Dawn” was released. Hmm, let me see……….you were NOWHERE! LOL! I had to go SOMEWHERE to talk about…….well everything! I mean, my poor husband–“A baby? So are you saying there is a baby vampire or a baby werewolf?” I was almost incoherent really, by the end. So thankfully that website helped me through. I laugh whenever you start to make fun, but really, they are good people. Do you think Mrs. C-Dubs is a twi-mom? -Choo-Choo
I am thankful to whoever taught Taylor to say “DO ME” with his eyes in photoshoots.(admit it Rob! it was you!)..Even though most of us cannot touch you with a very long barge-pole (and in my case one that spans oceans and continents) for fear of the bad-ass jorted Hansen…thank you for making us all feel like we have a chance in Hale…
Personally…I’m thankful for you two and everyone on LTT…In less than 2 months I’ve found life support, laughs and family I <3 u. -IllegalWolfLover
And the list goes on…
- This year I am thankful for Chris Weitz and his ballsy-ness. Our DILF has his priorities in order, as evidenced by his making this movie for us and no one else. Damn the critics man, save the empire! We’ve got your back Chris!! If there is a downside to your movie, it’s that it has sucked me back into being a normal fan. I promise not to hold it against you ::wink:: -luludee
- I am thankful that my friends see something as disturbing as this list and immediately send it to me. Thank you, Twiworld. -fangbanger06
Don’t forget the men in our lives who haven’t seen us for WELL over a year!
I’m thankful for: My husband: for putting up with me and my obsession with all things Twilight. The man sat thru seeing Twilight on the big screen last Thursday with me, even though he had already seen it and didn’t care for it at all. I actually sent Rob a thank you letter, (thru LTR of course) awhile back, when my husband admittedly realized how much he actually appreciated Rob, and everything that he has brought to our lives. Our love life has never been better, thanks to Twilight, Rob and fan fiction. Feel free to use said letter, if it is needed.
Fan fiction: See explanation above. But a personal shout out to certain stories, Let Your Light Shine, A Life Extraordinary, and The Office. Right now, I am reading The Lost Boys, and can’t put into words how amazing this story is.
Chris Weitz: The work that he put into New Moon is so incredible that even my husband was impressed. There were very few issues with the movie for me, and that is saying something, because my expectations were pretty high. But I have to take this moment to comment on a few things. Jackson’s poor wig was AWFUL!! Seriously someone needs to be fired for that. Alice’s vision of Bella being a vampire with Edward for Aros, was REALLY LAME. COME ON, Stephanie never once envisioned Bella running through the forest with Edward, dressed like Laura from Little House on the Prairie (My husband’s words actually). Please, even Alice with her fashion sense, would have never put Bella in that dress, and Edward in that god-awful vest, to run thru the forest. Actually, Rob’s wardrobe in the movie was not quite right, for most of the movie, except when he was half-naked. There so many things that I loved about the movie, that it would take too long to list, so I won’t go into that now, so I am still very thankful.
To Whoever made this executive decision at Summit: THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! I just about lost my Junior Mints, when I saw the image of the subway train whizzing by, with Rob’s amazing face on the big screen, and knew full well that I was about to see the “Remember Me” trailer. My husband looked over at my face, and knew that I was toast. He leaned over and ask the all-important question, “Did you know about this?” I could only respond with heavy breathing and say, “Are you kidding me?” Never has the phrase, “So, I guess, it was just here to tease me.” caused me to want to jump out of my seat to lick/kiss the movie screen, before then. Seriously, the next three & 1/2 months until March, are going to be really, really long, to see the least. -KatieBird
Phew! I’m thankfulness-ed out. I’m ready to go back to being bitchy, complaining about stuff and offending people! Thanks to everyone who sent in stuff they were thankful for (and sorry if yours didn’t get posted. I blame it on the pie coma) and we’ll be back to our regular programming tomorrow! XO- UC & Moon, who are thankful for ALL OF YOU. And Rob. Duh