Forgot to preface this with a note: We probably have one more week of Stephenie Interview recaps, but didn’t get it done in time for today. Forgive us, and enjoy this letter!
Remember when you were in school & worked & worked & worked your ass off and somehow got through finals and then at the end of the semester, usually right before a major holiday or a fabulous summer vacation with your friends, you crashed? And got strep throat/ear infection/threw up for 2 weeks straight (but hey! You fit into that new bikini) ? Was that just me? Well, that happened to me all the time at the end of a school semester…. and I feel like that’s where my life is right now. After Moon & I made our “announcement” that we’re blogging when we want instead of when you want (daily) I crashed. It was like all the stress & busyness of managing work/husband/friends/sisters/blogging/Robsessing for 1 year and 8 + months caught up to me, and I coudln’t keep my eyes opened. Remember when I talked about that task in my Outlook task manager that was 32 weeks overdue? Well, it was now 76 weeks overdue and…. dun dun dunnnn I completed it! I turned on the TV and actually paid attention to what was happening. I read! A book. NOT TWILIGHT. I went out on a worknight. I got to bed before the rooster crowed. It was magical. And exhausting. Doing nothing is just really boring. And makes me tired.
On Monday I was telling Moon how I felt a little “Blah.” I explained how tired I am and how I have nothing to look forward to- we have no trips planned. The summer is almost over. I’m completely moved into our Philly loft minus the 3 boxes that I don’t feel like unpacking & I swear to you will still be there a year from now. A week ago nothing was different- I just had LTT & LTR to worry about every second and so it kept me from thinking about how I really should unpack that box or how depressing it is that there was nothing planned to get me away from “real life” for even a long weekend. Now…. I have time to think about how bored I am. And besides an embarrassing show to a Emmy after party in what might as well have been sweats & a holey tshirt, Rob & the rest of the Twi cast has been just as boring as I’ve been. Moon knew just what I needed though:
Moon: its the lack of fierce kbitch in your life. i know. it’s alright you can say it to me
UC: you’re right. so right
Moon: you need a “bitch brow” to make your day better
UC: what’s that?
Moon: that’s what they call kstews look she gives- the bitch brow or something. or bitch face
UC: omg yes The Bitch Face. All I need is to go look at the monday bitch face & all my woes will be cheered
Moon: yes, reread over the krisbian oath & then you’re case of the mondays will be cured
So then I put my thinking cap on to try to come up with something to look forward to over the next few months- and I mean Twi-related stuff (But if you’re wondering my personal list looks like this: buy new underpants, go see that drew barrymore & justin long movie, @janetrigs birthday celebration in philly, christmas, my 28th birthday in June where I’ll be obliterated drunk b/c 28 sucks, having kids in 5 years, kids going to college and retirement) And this is the list I came up with:
Twilight things to look forward to
- Learning which of the Pageant moms who email us on a weekly basis insisting their child is the perfect Renesmee wins out and their toddler is ruined forever as the child star of a major motion picture and in the future gets into the kind of trouble that would make even Paris & Lindsey blush.
- Seeing Taylor Lautner on the big screen as one year older that way when I accidentally think he looks good in a scene or two I feel less creepy
- Finding out what color airbrush paint the cosmetic team uses on Rob’s abs this year and how they plan to make sure it doesn’t come off in the “Isle Esme” water when Edward goes skinny-dipping
- Watching Bella consume dozens of eggs. Do you think it’ll look like Gaston in Beauty & the Beast? That’s how I picture it in my head…
- Learning how many more marshmallow’s Mike Welch can fit in his mouth this time around since he’s confirmed for Breaking Dawn Part 1
- Slow mo-ing one of Leah’s many transformations into a wolf, hoping to catch a little boob action- what? she’s hot!
- Rockin’ my new pirate patch I picked up just for the Isle Esme scenes- so I can block out one person & keep my focus on the other
What am I missing!? What else can I start to look forward to!?