Who wants to run… we mean WATCH a Twilight Marathon?!
Dear LTT-ers and Twihards alike –
When I texted UC with the news that there would be a HUGE Twilight Marathon the day of the release and she texted me back “rUnk!” I should have known she probably was wine glass high in some Shiraz and wouldn’t get that Summit will be releasing ALL the Twilight movies into the theaters including never before seen footage (!!!) leading up to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn Pt2 but rather she’d read my text and think we’d be running a REAL marathon in November with the rest of the fandom. Well folks, that’s EXACTLY what happened. No joke. UC thought I texted to tell her we’d be throwing on some busted converse, our “Twilighters DO IT better” shirts, Volturi cloaks (what else do you run in?), Bella’s walking cast, and tie Edward’s oatmeal seater around our waists (in case it gets cold) to run the streets with a bunch of Twilight fans. Well, thank God that’s not the case. We’d much rather sit in the dark for 5 hours stuffing popcorn in our mouth holes while yelling out “They’re NOT bears!” than run around LA. In fact we’d much rather this movie marathon turn into a Rock Horror Picture Show version of Twilight but maybe we’ll just have to put that on ourselves. I will be Bella and UC will be the creepy guy in Forks with a motorcycle. We’ll make an usher be Edward. It’s more fun that way.
So after the wine haze cleared we came up with this list of reasons why we’re glad it’s not a REAL marathon and after that you can find more information on the FILM marathon.
1. We’d have to partcipiate. Right?
2. Running with Twilight parafalia or an Edward cut out strapped to your back would be pretty difficult
3. Does Etsy even sell Breaking Dawn running shoes? I’ve only ever seen high-tops like these
4. The starting place would be downtown at the Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 Camp site and the end place would be the gates of Rob’s (now up for sale) home and that’s up hill like almost the whole way and we’re totally not in shape.
5. We’re pretty sure this wouldn’t be officially sanctioned by the city of Los Angeles so the streets wouldn’t be closed and we don’t want to be run over by KStew in a Mini Cooper on her way to “the gym” (file that joke under: NEVER LETTING IT GO)
6. Instead of water hydration stations they’d be featuring a speciality Twilight cocktail at stopping points and as much as we love drinking “Bella’s Blood” at parties it may not be so great at mile 18.4
7. Werewolf costumes do NOT breathe. we’d probably pass out in a ball of fake fur and polyester in front of the Olive Garden (the obligatory sponsor) mile marker.
8. Kellan running shirtless through the crowd passing out encouraging bible verses or passages from the Purpose Driven Life would be more distracting than helpful
9. If Jackson can run faster than us while pushing his baby in a stroller we’d probably just give up and go home. And by “home” we mean the Bella’s Blood hydration station
See you at the starting line… or the theaters. Whatever.
Moon & UC
The real info:
The marathon will take place on Thursday, November 15, 2012, at theaters across North America (US and Canada). The marathon will allow fans to see all 4 previous movies in the Saga back-to-back, leading into 10pm screenings of BREAKING DAWN – PART 2, all for one price.
Prices will vary and be set by the theaters, and locations & showtimes for the marathon will be available at the same time that showtimes are available for individual performances of BREAKING DAWN – PART 2. Marathon ticket holders will be treated to exclusive interstitial content played in between the films, and a special event-only lanyard.