Go to footer

Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!


Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby JodieO » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 am

Discuss all your spoilers for the Eclipse movie here!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16164
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby toooldforthis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Alright, I'll go first.

Things I liked:

-The opening scene in the meadow looks like it will be sweet/cute.
-Even though there is no mention of the leg hitch :evil: , I like the proposal scene in the script better than what was in the movie. Bella doesn't seem quite so obnoxious and annoying in it.
-Charlie's reaction to Jacob force-kissing Bella is much better than in the book. I was hoping they would change that!

Things I didn't like:

- The scene in the parking lot at school where Bella jumps on the back of Jacob's bike and takes off right in front of Edward. Not a fan of that at all!!!
- I don't know if Jacob is coming across as the huge jerk he was in Eclipse. Sorry if I offend any Jacob fans out there. I liked him in NM (just as a friend for Bella, that's all). But what turned me against him in EC was his a-hole behavior. I don't know if they wrote all of that in the script. Even if they did, Taylor may be too nice to pull it off.

So that's what I have so far. What does everyone else think?
User avatar
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Michigan


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby JenKB » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 pm

toooldforthis wrote:Alright, I'll go first.

Things I liked:

-The opening scene in the meadow looks like it will be sweet/cute.
-Even though there is no mention of the leg hitch :evil: , I like the proposal scene in the script better than what was in the movie. Bella doesn't seem quite so obnoxious and annoying in it.
-Charlie's reaction to Jacob force-kissing Bella is much better than in the book. I was hoping they would change that!

Things I didn't like:

- The scene in the parking lot at school where Bella jumps on the back of Jacob's bike and takes off right in front of Edward. Not a fan of that at all!!!
- I don't know if Jacob is coming across as the huge jerk he was in Eclipse. Sorry if I offend any Jacob fans out there. I liked him in NM (just as a friend for Bella, that's all). But what turned me against him in EC was his a-hole behavior. I don't know if they wrote all of that in the script. Even if they did, Taylor may be too nice to pull it off.

So that's what I have so far. What does everyone else think?


I haven't read the script in its entirety, but I read through the proposal scene (which I totally agree with you...preferred much better in the script than the book), and I must say the last scene made me tear up when I read it (and I haven't cried once in any of my viewings of NM's breakup scene or the following months), so I'm hoping it comes out as strongly in its presentation as it does in the written word.

I also think the tent scene will be great and kiss with Jacob near the end didn't make me cringe as much in the book, not sure why.

Looking forward to everyone else's opinions...
:D
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits
 
Posts: 5388
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:16 am
Location: San Diego, CA


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby CarrieCee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 pm

JenKB wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:Alright, I'll go first.

Things I liked:

-The opening scene in the meadow looks like it will be sweet/cute.
-Even though there is no mention of the leg hitch :evil: , I like the proposal scene in the script better than what was in the movie. Bella doesn't seem quite so obnoxious and annoying in it.
-Charlie's reaction to Jacob force-kissing Bella is much better than in the book. I was hoping they would change that!

Things I didn't like:

- The scene in the parking lot at school where Bella jumps on the back of Jacob's bike and takes off right in front of Edward. Not a fan of that at all!!!
- I don't know if Jacob is coming across as the huge jerk he was in Eclipse. Sorry if I offend any Jacob fans out there. I liked him in NM (just as a friend for Bella, that's all). But what turned me against him in EC was his a-hole behavior. I don't know if they wrote all of that in the script. Even if they did, Taylor may be too nice to pull it off.

So that's what I have so far. What does everyone else think?


I haven't read the script in its entirety, but I read through the proposal scene (which I totally agree with you...preferred much better in the script than the book), and I must say the last scene made me tear up when I read it (and I haven't cried once in any of my viewings of NM's breakup scene or the following months), so I'm hoping it comes out as strongly in its presentation as it does in the written word.

I also think the tent scene will be great and kiss with Jacob near the end didn't make me cringe as much in the book, not sure why.

Looking forward to everyone else's opinions...
:D


Totally agree about the proposal scene - and I too was a little bit weepy at the end. LOVED the Meadow scene at the beginning, really looking forward to seeing that come to life.

I too am disappointed about the lack of specific instructions to "leg hitch" in the makeout scene. If there's no leg hitch, there's gonna be riots. I have to say my tummy got all fluttery when I read this section, though, mmm-mmm, topless Rob... just superimpose my head on Kristen's and the scenes all set.

I really like the way the whole thing flowed. When I read the NM script after it got leaked, I was disappointed, but with this I am more than satisfied. Eclipse is my favourite book of the lot, so I've got a lot of hopes and expectatiosn riding on this one, and from the looks of the script, I think I'm gonna be very happy with the outcome.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rosalie and Jasper's flashbacks on the screen.

Only one thing I didn't like - they changed the class valedictorian to Jessica. I can understand that it makes sense, movie-wise, seeing as she's the bigger character, etc, but to me it just doesn't make sense. The class valedictorian is meant to be like the smartest student, right? And to me, Jessica is dumb as a doornail. Anyway, I guess I'll get used to it...
User avatar
CarrieCee
Bouffant Brusher
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Melbourne, AUSTRALIA


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby toooldforthis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 pm

CarrieCee wrote:Only one thing I didn't like - they changed the class valedictorian to Jessica. I can understand that it makes sense, movie-wise, seeing as she's the bigger character, etc, but to me it just doesn't make sense. The class valedictorian is meant to be like the smartest student, right? And to me, Jessica is dumb as a doornail. Anyway, I guess I'll get used to it...


First of all, I'm glad I'm not the only spoiler whore out there :lol: . I was beginning to think I was the only one!

I don't understand the valedictorian thing either. Why would they choose Jessica? If you're going to change it from the book, why not choose Angela. She seemed much smarter.

But I've always wondered about this, even in the books. Why weren't any of the Cullens' valedictorians? We know they are the smartest. I thought there was even a reference in TW about them having perfect grades. Do they intentionally "throw" their grades at the last minute during senior year, so as not to draw attention to themselves.

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".
User avatar
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Michigan


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby CarrieCee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:08 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
CarrieCee wrote:Only one thing I didn't like - they changed the class valedictorian to Jessica. I can understand that it makes sense, movie-wise, seeing as she's the bigger character, etc, but to me it just doesn't make sense. The class valedictorian is meant to be like the smartest student, right? And to me, Jessica is dumb as a doornail. Anyway, I guess I'll get used to it...


First of all, I'm glad I'm not the only spoiler whore out there :lol: . I was beginning to think I was the only one!

I don't understand the valedictorian thing either. Why would they choose Jessica? If you're going to change it from the book, why not choose Angela. She seemed much smarter.

But I've always wondered about this, even in the books. Why weren't any of the Cullens' valedictorians? We know they are the smartest. I thought there was even a reference in TW about them having perfect grades. Do they intentionally "throw" their grades at the last minute during senior year, so as not to draw attention to themselves.

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".


That does make me go hmmmm actually, and I had never thought of that either, but it would make more sense. There is constant reference to them being intelligent and the smartest "kids" - especially Edward. It frustrates me when there aren't clearly explained logical reasons for this sort of stuff. Mind you, I can't blame SMeyer, no doubt she didn't think that there were people crazy enough to analyse every single word she's ever written down to the last letter like we do!!!
User avatar
CarrieCee
Bouffant Brusher
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Melbourne, AUSTRALIA


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby Jena » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:33 am

toooldforthis wrote:Alright, I'll go first.

Things I liked:

-The opening scene in the meadow looks like it will be sweet/cute.
-Even though there is no mention of the leg hitch :evil: , I like the proposal scene in the script better than what was in the movie. Bella doesn't seem quite so obnoxious and annoying in it.
-Charlie's reaction to Jacob force-kissing Bella is much better than in the book. I was hoping they would change that!

Things I didn't like:

- The scene in the parking lot at school where Bella jumps on the back of Jacob's bike and takes off right in front of Edward. Not a fan of that at all!!!
- I don't know if Jacob is coming across as the huge jerk he was in Eclipse. Sorry if I offend any Jacob fans out there. I liked him in NM (just as a friend for Bella, that's all). But what turned me against him in EC was his a-hole behavior. I don't know if they wrote all of that in the script. Even if they did, Taylor may be too nice to pull it off.

So that's what I have so far. What does everyone else think?


I loved loved loved the beginning with the meadow scene and how Edward was playful with Bella trying to kiss her when she's studying and then constantly at her to marry him. LOVED IT!

I love how touched Bella is by the proposal in the script vs the book. In the book I wanted to smack her.

I also like how they combined the proposal part with the huge making out fest where Edward gives in and then doesn't into one scene as it's in two different chapters in the book.

The tent scene is going to kick ass!

And they make Jacob out to be the jerk that I think he is in the book so I think that will be portrayed nicely.

I also hope we get a scene where Edward runs with Bella on his back. I miss seeing that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jena
TMZ Employee
 
Posts: 12306
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 am
Location: In Rob's hoodie microwaving carrots


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby toooldforthis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Jena wrote:I loved loved loved the beginning with the meadow scene and how Edward was playful with Bella trying to kiss her when she's studying and then constantly at her to marry him. LOVED IT!

I love how touched Bella is by the proposal in the script vs the book. In the book I wanted to smack her.

I also like how they combined the proposal part with the huge making out fest where Edward gives in and then doesn't into one scene as it's in two different chapters in the book.

The tent scene is going to kick ass!

And they make Jacob out to be the jerk that I think he is in the book so I think that will be portrayed nicely.

I also hope we get a scene where Edward runs with Bella on his back. I miss seeing that.


Yes! I knew there was something I was leaving out - Edward running with Bella on his back. I missed seeing that in NM. I hope that doesn't get cut out of EC.

As for Jacob being the huge jerk he was in the book, my main concern is how Taylor is going to pull it off. He seems like such a nice guy. For me, a lot of what irritated me about book Jacob was how he was always pouting and whining and manipulating Bella. So whether or not Jacob is going to be portrayed as he was in the book, will ultimately come down to how convincing TayTay can be.

I just hope it's perfectly clear how badly he manipulates her into kissing him right before the battle with the newborns. That really got my blood boiling when I read it. :evil: I kept thinking, "At least Edward wouldn't do something like that!"
User avatar
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Michigan


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby SingleStrand » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh hai girls. I am really torn about reading the script yet because Eclipse is my favorite book. Somehow reading spoilers online isn't the same to me as actually sitting down to read the full script. Not sure why, but in my head, that's the way it works. That said, could someone email it to me? I am wary of downloading things online ever since the New Moon script gave me a ton of malware...
bellascrappy@gmail.com
Thanks ladies, maybe I'll sack up and read it this weekend and have something to contribute to the thread! Knowing me though, I will have to read the book too to make a clear comparison and then obsess over it all until June. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
SingleStrand
Fake Lesbian
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:58 pm
Location: Camdenton, MO


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby x.rosa.lie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Where can I read this?!?!??!?!
Would someone please be so kind as to email it to me? :D
I am such a spoiler whore but I can't help myself..
xx_vintage_hearts@hotmail.co.uk
Thank you!
Being apart... it didn't work out so well for either of us.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
x.rosa.lie
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:24 am
Location: Manchester, UK


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby Jena » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:12 am

I emailed the script to you both!

Welcome to the forum! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jena
TMZ Employee
 
Posts: 12306
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 am
Location: In Rob's hoodie microwaving carrots


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby x.rosa.lie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:58 am

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! :D
Being apart... it didn't work out so well for either of us.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
x.rosa.lie
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:24 am
Location: Manchester, UK


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby toooldforthis » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a reference made in the EC script to Edward staying the night in Bella's bedroom? I can't remember.

This is something that bothered me in NM. There wasn't anything said about the fact that he regularly spent the night with her. Even though they weren't having sex, there is a certain level of intimacy about letting someone lie next to you in bed while you sleep. I think this speaks volumes about how close they are. I was disappointed that it wasn't in NM. I'm hoping it is included in Eclipse.
User avatar
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Michigan


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby x.rosa.lie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:00 pm

toooldforthis wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is a reference made in the EC script to Edward staying the night in Bella's bedroom? I can't remember.

This is something that bothered me in NM. There wasn't anything said about the fact that he regularly spent the night with her. Even though they weren't having sex, there is a certain level of intimacy about letting someone lie next to you in bed while you sleep. I think this speaks volumes about how close they are. I was disappointed that it wasn't in NM. I'm hoping it is included in Eclipse.


Nope, nothing :( .
Being apart... it didn't work out so well for either of us.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
x.rosa.lie
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:24 am
Location: Manchester, UK


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby toooldforthis » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:43 pm

x.rosa.lie wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is a reference made in the EC script to Edward staying the night in Bella's bedroom? I can't remember.

This is something that bothered me in NM. There wasn't anything said about the fact that he regularly spent the night with her. Even though they weren't having sex, there is a certain level of intimacy about letting someone lie next to you in bed while you sleep. I think this speaks volumes about how close they are. I was disappointed that it wasn't in NM. I'm hoping it is included in Eclipse.


Nope, nothing :( .


This seriously bothers me! It's as if Melissa Rosenburg (the screenwriter) is glossing over their relationship. This is the 3rd script she has screwed up (IMO). Most of us read these books for the romance and the relationships. Why is she omitting so much? I understand you can't have every single detail from the books included in the movies or they would be 4 hours long. But why exclude such an important (again, IMO) aspect of their relationship?
User avatar
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Michigan


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby x.rosa.lie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:26 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
x.rosa.lie wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is a reference made in the EC script to Edward staying the night in Bella's bedroom? I can't remember.

This is something that bothered me in NM. There wasn't anything said about the fact that he regularly spent the night with her. Even though they weren't having sex, there is a certain level of intimacy about letting someone lie next to you in bed while you sleep. I think this speaks volumes about how close they are. I was disappointed that it wasn't in NM. I'm hoping it is included in Eclipse.


Nope, nothing :( .


This seriously bothers me! It's as if Melissa Rosenburg (the screenwriter) is glossing over their relationship. This is the 3rd script she has screwed up (IMO). Most of us read these books for the romance and the relationships. Why is she omitting so much? I understand you can't have every single detail from the books included in the movies or they would be 4 hours long. But why exclude such an important (again, IMO) aspect of their relationship?


I agree! It's like without the romance there isn't much point in the whole drama of the rest of the story. In Twilight I felt like the people watching would think, "How can they fall in love so fast? They know nothing about each other.. they've been together for about a day..". I felt like it went from the meadow scene to the baseball scene waaaaaay too fast. Both films, and the leaked Eclipse script don't really show the intensity and the depth of Edward and Bella's relationship. You can only really understand it from the books. :(
Being apart... it didn't work out so well for either of us.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
x.rosa.lie
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:24 am
Location: Manchester, UK


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby guitargirl » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
x.rosa.lie wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is a reference made in the EC script to Edward staying the night in Bella's bedroom? I can't remember.

This is something that bothered me in NM. There wasn't anything said about the fact that he regularly spent the night with her. Even though they weren't having sex, there is a certain level of intimacy about letting someone lie next to you in bed while you sleep. I think this speaks volumes about how close they are. I was disappointed that it wasn't in NM. I'm hoping it is included in Eclipse.


Nope, nothing :( .


This seriously bothers me! It's as if Melissa Rosenburg (the screenwriter) is glossing over their relationship. This is the 3rd script she has screwed up (IMO). Most of us read these books for the romance and the relationships. Why is she omitting so much? I understand you can't have every single detail from the books included in the movies or they would be 4 hours long. But why exclude such an important (again, IMO) aspect of their relationship?


I have to admit that these points bother me too. i somehow get the impression that the last 2 scripts have been written with a view to drawing in a more male audience as they seem more action packed than romantic. I am really disappointed that neither MN or EC mention that Edwards sleeps there every night (I agree with TOFT as lets be honest, this is where alot of their intimacy comes from, considering they cant actually be 'intimate.')
I too feel like their relationship is constantly being glossed over and the films make it look like Jacob stands more of a chance than he ever does in the book.
It appears that some things are added unnecessarily (Bella never actually drew blood in the book, and I fail to see why this would need to be changed.) Also I agree with the person who didnt like Bella going off on the back of Jacobs bike right in front of Edward. Another unnecessary alteration.

Rant over. Anyway, the rest of it I really liked. The proposal definitely showed a less annoying Bella, and I'm hoping for the leg hitch. I hope this film will be more passionate than NM (where the kissing scenes fell a little flat IMO.) Cathy Cougar knew how to do some things right, as the kiss in Twilight (at least from Edwards POV made my breath hitch!) As EC sees an Edward free from the bloodlust for Bella, I hope the 'other kind of lust' will burst forth and have us squirming in our seats! :lol: Oh, and I loved Jasper and Rosalies histories. The tent scene was pretty good (though I'm not sure about Victoria getting Edward on his knees, I'm pretty sure that wasnt true to the book.) Loved the meadow scene, I thought that was very well done. Is it July yet?
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7477
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby CarrieCee » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:24 pm

I think we're all thinking the same way with this glossing over the romance thing. I too was disappointed in NM with no mention being made of their sleeping over, particularly where it should have been, when Edward drops Bella off after the birthday party - in the books she says to him "will you stay tonight" and he says no. Even just adding that in would have made a world of difference. I think they're so worried that it's going to seem like if they include the whole sleeping over thing then it will appear too "sexy" but that's totally not what it's about, and if they just took the time to write it into the script properly, it would be just as beautiful, intimate and innocent as it is in the books.

Alos in EC the book, one of my favourite chapters is in the Meadow, towards the end (I think it's chapter 21 - Compromises? I haven't got my book near me for reference, so I'm taking a stab in the dark here) where Edward tells her to forget the marriage proposal, and they're gonna do it right there and then, and then she is the one who has to tell him to stop. That scene is HOT!! I'm dissapointed it doesn't seem to be included in the EC script.
User avatar
CarrieCee
Bouffant Brusher
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Melbourne, AUSTRALIA


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby toooldforthis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 pm

guitargirl wrote:I have to admit that these points bother me too. i somehow get the impression that the last 2 scripts have been written with a view to drawing in a more male audience as they seem more action packed than romantic. I am really disappointed that neither MN or EC mention that Edwards sleeps there every night (I agree with TOFT as lets be honest, this is where alot of their intimacy comes from, considering they cant actually be 'intimate.')
I too feel like their relationship is constantly being glossed over and the films make it look like Jacob stands more of a chance than he ever does in the book.
It appears that some things are added unnecessarily (Bella never actually drew blood in the book, and I fail to see why this would need to be changed.) Also I agree with the person who didnt like Bella going off on the back of Jacobs bike right in front of Edward. Another unnecessary alteration.


Don't get me started on altering the Twilight movies to appeal to men! These are OUR movies, dangit! I definitely thought the action was ramped up in NM for the sole purpose of bringing in the guys. They were even advertising NM on Monday night football, for crying out loud. Aren't there enough male action movies out there? Can't we women just have thing one thing for ourselves. :)

And yes, I also feel Jacob is being given a bigger role for the movies, at the expense of Edward. The whole scene in NM when Jacob shows up at school to give her a birthday gift? WTF? That didn't happen. What did happen was Edward gave Bella a sweet gift of his piano music on a cd. But that didn't make it into the movie. I don't understand the purpose of that. Unless they are trying to appeal to the teen girls who are in love with Jacob? Eh, I don't know. I'll just have to watch Twilight again so I can enjoy me some Bioward!
User avatar
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Michigan


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby x.rosa.lie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 pm


This seriously bothers me! It's as if Melissa Rosenburg (the screenwriter) is glossing over their relationship. This is the 3rd script she has screwed up (IMO). Most of us read these books for the romance and the relationships. Why is she omitting so much? I understand you can't have every single detail from the books included in the movies or they would be 4 hours long. But why exclude such an important (again, IMO) aspect of their relationship?


I have to admit that these points bother me too. i somehow get the impression that the last 2 scripts have been written with a view to drawing in a more male audience as they seem more action packed than romantic. I am really disappointed that neither MN or EC mention that Edwards sleeps there every night (I agree with TOFT as lets be honest, this is where alot of their intimacy comes from, considering they cant actually be 'intimate.')
I too feel like their relationship is constantly being glossed over and the films make it look like Jacob stands more of a chance than he ever does in the book.
It appears that some things are added unnecessarily (Bella never actually drew blood in the book, and I fail to see why this would need to be changed.) Also I agree with the person who didnt like Bella going off on the back of Jacobs bike right in front of Edward. Another unnecessary alteration.

Rant over. Anyway, the rest of it I really liked. The proposal definitely showed a less annoying Bella, and I'm hoping for the leg hitch. I hope this film will be more passionate than NM (where the kissing scenes fell a little flat IMO.) Cathy Cougar knew how to do some things right, as the kiss in Twilight (at least from Edwards POV made my breath hitch!) As EC sees an Edward free from the bloodlust for Bella, I hope the 'other kind of lust' will burst forth and have us squirming in our seats! :lol: Oh, and I loved Jasper and Rosalies histories. The tent scene was pretty good (though I'm not sure about Victoria getting Edward on his knees, I'm pretty sure that wasnt true to the book.) Loved the meadow scene, I thought that was very well done. Is it July yet?



The whole Bella going off on Jacob's bike with Edward right there? Ugh, I know! As if Bella would do that.. I hate that they changed that from the book when she goes off with Jacob when Alice is meant to be watching her, that's the way it should be. It's like they're making her kind of contradict herself because she chooses Edward and says to Jacob "don't make me choose, because it'll be him, it's always been him," and yet she's choosing Jacob when Edward is RIGHT THERE. :x I read into things far too much, but whatever, I won't enjoy that scene unless somebody's topless.
Being apart... it didn't work out so well for either of us.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
x.rosa.lie
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:24 am
Location: Manchester, UK


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby toooldforthis » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 pm

x.rosa.lie wrote:
The whole Bella going off on Jacob's bike with Edward right there? Ugh, I know! As if Bella would do that.. I hate that they changed that from the book when she goes off with Jacob when Alice is meant to be watching her, that's the way it should be. It's like they're making her kind of contradict herself because she chooses Edward and says to Jacob "don't make me choose, because it'll be him, it's always been him," and yet she's choosing Jacob when Edward is RIGHT THERE. :x I read into things far too much, but whatever, I won't enjoy that scene unless somebody's topless.


I don't think you are reading too much into it. The way it read in the script, it seemed really snotty the way she just took off with him. Not a fan of that!

And I know I nitpick too much (it's just what I do :roll: ) but I was browsing through the script again, because I had skipped over some parts, and something caught my eye. When Jacob is running through the woods with Bella in order to disguise her scent, he's described as "throwing her on his back". My first thought was, "NOOOOOO"! I know I'm over-reacting, but that's Edward's special way of carrying her. It's their "thing" when they're running through the woods. In the book Jacob carries her in his arms.

So now you all think I'm hyper critical and insane :lol:
The funny thing is, some "bigger" things that bothered other people about the first two movies, didn't bother me. For instance, I know people got upset about his silver Volvo in TW not being the right model. Or in NM, people were upset that the Volvo was black. These things didn't bother me because they're just props. Small things that they change in regards to their relationship really irritate me.

Alright, rant over! (For now)
User avatar
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Michigan


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby x.rosa.lie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:43 am

I don't think you are reading too much into it. The way it read in the script, it seemed really snotty the way she just took off with him. Not a fan of that!

And I know I nitpick too much (it's just what I do :roll: ) but I was browsing through the script again, because I had skipped over some parts, and something caught my eye. When Jacob is running through the woods with Bella in order to disguise her scent, he's described as "throwing her on his back". My first thought was, "NOOOOOO"! I know I'm over-reacting, but that's Edward's special way of carrying her. It's their "thing" when they're running through the woods. In the book Jacob carries her in his arms.

So now you all think I'm hyper critical and insane :lol:
The funny thing is, some "bigger" things that bothered other people about the first two movies, didn't bother me. For instance, I know people got upset about his silver Volvo in TW not being the right model. Or in NM, people were upset that the Volvo was black. These things didn't bother me because they're just props. Small things that they change in regards to their relationship really irritate me.

Alright, rant over! (For now)


I think I love you.
Being apart... it didn't work out so well for either of us.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
x.rosa.lie
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:24 am
Location: Manchester, UK


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby toooldforthis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:54 am

x.rosa.lie wrote:
I don't think you are reading too much into it. The way it read in the script, it seemed really snotty the way she just took off with him. Not a fan of that!

And I know I nitpick too much (it's just what I do :roll: ) but I was browsing through the script again, because I had skipped over some parts, and something caught my eye. When Jacob is running through the woods with Bella in order to disguise her scent, he's described as "throwing her on his back". My first thought was, "NOOOOOO"! I know I'm over-reacting, but that's Edward's special way of carrying her. It's their "thing" when they're running through the woods. In the book Jacob carries her in his arms.

So now you all think I'm hyper critical and insane :lol:
The funny thing is, some "bigger" things that bothered other people about the first two movies, didn't bother me. For instance, I know people got upset about his silver Volvo in TW not being the right model. Or in NM, people were upset that the Volvo was black. These things didn't bother me because they're just props. Small things that they change in regards to their relationship really irritate me.

Alright, rant over! (For now)


I think I love you.


Back at ya! ;)
User avatar
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4125
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Michigan


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby Jena » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:46 am

toooldforthis wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is a reference made in the EC script to Edward staying the night in Bella's bedroom? I can't remember.

This is something that bothered me in NM. There wasn't anything said about the fact that he regularly spent the night with her. Even though they weren't having sex, there is a certain level of intimacy about letting someone lie next to you in bed while you sleep. I think this speaks volumes about how close they are. I was disappointed that it wasn't in NM. I'm hoping it is included in Eclipse.


Well time out for a second because there are a few parts in the script where Edward is with her in bed. There's one part where he sleeps over and wraps her up in the quilt her mom gave her when they went to visit Renee. So it's in there. Much more so than New Moon. I two was bummed about that. And in NM he stayed with her the night Jasper tried to attack her. He got her Tylenol and she used his chest as an ice pack. In the film he wandered off and didn't come back until the next day. That bothered me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jena
TMZ Employee
 
Posts: 12306
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 am
Location: In Rob's hoodie microwaving carrots


Re: Eclipse - Spoiler Zone!

Postby Jena » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:49 am

toooldforthis wrote:

So now you all think I'm hyper critical and insane :lol:
The funny thing is, some "bigger" things that bothered other people about the first two movies, didn't bother me. For instance, I know people got upset about his silver Volvo in TW not being the right model. Or in NM, people were upset that the Volvo was black. These things didn't bother me because they're just props. Small things that they change in regards to their relationship really irritate me.

Alright, rant over! (For now)


Yeah, that didn't bother me either about the Volvo. I actually liked this volvo better than the Twilight volvo. The Twilight volvo looked like a merth mobile (Wayne's World!) :lol: This one I like much better and there are more important things than the color of it imo.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Jena
TMZ Employee
 
Posts: 12306
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 am
Location: In Rob's hoodie microwaving carrots

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Eclipse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests