Go to footer

What's the Haps, Chaps?

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm

JodieO wrote:HAH! After four years of being utterly ignored Bobby retweeted me! Of course, the tweet was sort of suggesting that Nick Cave is cooler, but still! ;)

AND I'm watching your convo with Mark Reads and sqeeing! Weee!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 pm

LCneiny wrote:Oh hey I'm on YouTube again!! My buddy is a musician and he played a gig on my birthday...I told him I'd only go if he gave me a birthday shout-out :) He did one better and had me come up on stage! I was pretty nervous, but I had alcohol-induced bravery. Also, Tim's a GREAT artist so I hope you like the music too :D

Lookit you, Hot Mama!

You should start hiring yourself out as a professional stage girl.

They sound like a pretty awesome band. I'd defs go listen to them.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:HAH! After four years of being utterly ignored Bobby retweeted me! Of course, the tweet was sort of suggesting that Nick Cave is cooler, but still! ;)

Hee! We're totally bff's now.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 am

Alexandra wrote:
amynkansas wrote:Age... Smage...I still love him.

Age is just a number baby. I'm voting with Amy.

Me too! I think half of the appeal for me is that is IS young and more than a bit goofy. Maybe that's the reason I prefer him dressed down. Suited Rob is too grown up and business like. I like young, and free. Hmmm, a bit of self analysis going on here. :shock:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:04 am

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Soooo..... because I have SO much money to throw around I've just commissioned a video from Mark Does Stuff. I figure this is fair enough since he won't be coming close enough on tour for me to see him live. He does say that he will promote your blog or your website or credit you as any name you prefer. I'm thinking of having him put up a link to my graveyard photos page. I only do it for fun so I kind of feel like people should just find it on their own if graveyards are their thing and I would just be begging for more 'likes' on the page, but at the same time, I kind of feel like I should be promoting myself and opening my tiny little community a little broader...

What are your thoughts on this?

I often have this same problem (w/various things :roll: ) I like to share & want to let people know I have something that may interest them, but I feel icky "promoting" myself :| but in your instance, the page isn't your name or anything; yes, it's your stuff, but, IDK, it just seems diff't *shrugs* so i say go ahead and give him your page ;) (so "commission" means like a donor, in this instance? he's not like making a vid specifically for you, right? does he publicly thank those who buy from him, or have like an affiliates section or something?)

Mark is the guy who writes reviews (for lack of a better word) of books chapter by chapter. In general they are pretty hilarious. Sometimes people will commission him to read certain chapters or terrible fanfics Out Loud which he then films and puts up on youtube. He's done All the Twilights, Harry Potters, and Hunger Games series as well as lots of others. I highly recommend reading the back blogs of the HP and HG ones. He hated Twilight so much that it's actually as painful as it is funny to read them, IMO.

He also watches TV shows and blogs about each episode and sometimes people will commission him to film himself watching the episode. Which is more entertaining than it sounds because he's a pretty reactive person.

I have commissioned him to watch the pilot of Dead Like Me, which is one of my most favoritest shows ever and it's something I think he'd enjoy. And since the show is about a girl who dies and becomes a grim reaper, it sort of ties in with my photo page...

Ah, now I understand. Sounds like a good idea Jodes. You ought to post the link to your page on here where it can be easily found. I love looking at your photos but I'd feel an idiot having to keep asking where to look.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 am

amynkansas wrote:my boy is indeed sick. I am steam vac-ing with my SpotBot right now. ew.

I would much rather be painting and watching cute english men....

Ugh, cleaning up after sick kids is no fun. *grabs germ mask* :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:08 am

Bugger. I'm off to the cinema soon so I haven't time to go and sneak a look at Twitter. Go you Jodes!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:10 am

LCneiny wrote:Oh hey I'm on YouTube again!! My buddy is a musician and he played a gig on my birthday...I told him I'd only go if he gave me a birthday shout-out :) He did one better and had me come up on stage! I was pretty nervous, but I had alcohol-induced bravery. Also, Tim's a GREAT artist so I hope you like the music too :D

You look great! Yay for alcohol induced bravery. :D :D :D Also I'd definitely go and see your friends band.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 am

You are gorge!! And Tim is great! I'd totally go to a show.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 am

JodieO wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

Hee! We're totally bff's now.

the Mark Reads one was so cute! when he said it was "BETTER!" when he connected your username w/you, it felt like a cyber hug :D 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 am

kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:I bought paint! Going to watch North and South FINALLY and paint and eat cookie dough.

I support this plan :D tho I wouldn't really get much painting done...

and...after reading the tweets between you & JodieO, I see it was the other way 'round for you :? how is that possible? :o do you really love painting walls THAT MUCH, that it can distract you from Mr. Thorton? *shakes head in disappointment*

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 am

Gorgeous my dear! And the band sounds great. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 am

lori_seals wrote:

You are gorge!! And Tim is great! I'd totally go to a show.

his sound reminded me of the Gin Blossoms :) (he's not hard to look at either ;) ) whoever did the camerawork did a great job too 8-) plus, ya know, you were all blonde and pretty and smiley and fun; I kind of hated you, until I remembered I knew you... :roll: :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:59 am

guitargirl wrote:Ah, now I understand. Sounds like a good idea Jodes. You ought to post the link to your page on here where it can be easily found. I love looking at your photos but I'd feel an idiot having to keep asking where to look.

I ended up emailing back and forth with him a bit last night and he said he always offers people the choice of promoting whatever they are doing, but not many people take him up on it. I told him I didn't want to be the one who starts the trend of paying him to promote their dumb stuff, but he is going to use my GravePhotos name, so people can look for me if they are interested.

You can always find me here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/GravePhot ... 7946124341

Though I will warn you the past couple groups of photos I put up have included multiple sibling deaths. :? I wasn't going for any particular theme, it just worked out that way. Andover, MA must have been a rough place to raise a family back in the day.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am

kelbel75 wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:I bought paint! Going to watch North and South FINALLY and paint and eat cookie dough.

I support this plan :D tho I wouldn't really get much painting done...

and...after reading the tweets between you & JodieO, I see it was the other way 'round for you :? how is that possible? :o do you really love painting walls THAT MUCH, that it can distract you from Mr. Thorton? *shakes head in disappointment*

Image Image

Seriously. I can barely distract myself from the gifs...

Know what I need to do? I need to make a gif of him pulling off his cravat. *SWOON*
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LCneiny » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 am

Awwww you guuyyysss!! I feel the love, thanks for all your kind words :D :D :D And I'll be sure to tell Tim you all love him (music and looks ;)) so he gets an ego boost for the day. I really hope he "makes it" because he's so talented, driven, and just a great person. We hang out with him and his wife all the time and have so much fun.

And Kel, this comment totally made me snort out loud - :lol: I hope you like me again!
kelbel75 wrote: I kind of hated you, until I remembered I knew you... :roll: :lol:
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 am

JodieO wrote:Know what I need to do? I need to make a gif of him pulling off his cravat. *SWOON*

This makes me think of the Scarlett quote, something like "he looks at me like he knows what I look like without my shimmy"

And why is it so sexy when a male actor in a period piece like this is shown without the cravat after being all buttoned up most of the time? I'm thinking specifically of Matthew McFayden's Mr. Darcy (that's my *SWOON*)
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:19 am

LCneiny wrote:Awwww you guuyyysss!! I feel the love, thanks for all your kind words :D :D :D And I'll be sure to tell Tim you all love him (music and looks ;)) so he gets an ego boost for the day. I really hope he "makes it" because he's so talented, driven, and just a great person. We hang out with him and his wife all the time and have so much fun.

And Kel, this comment totally made me snort out loud - :lol: I hope you like me again!
kelbel75 wrote: I kind of hated you, until I remembered I knew you... :roll: :lol:

You just had to go and ruin everything, didn't you? RUINING RUINER!

Kidding. I'm glad you had fun!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:23 am

LCneiny wrote:
JodieO wrote:Know what I need to do? I need to make a gif of him pulling off his cravat. *SWOON*

This makes me think of the Scarlett quote, something like "he looks at me like he knows what I look like without my shimmy"

And why is it so sexy when a male actor in a period piece like this is shown without the cravat after being all buttoned up most of the time? I'm thinking specifically of Matthew McFayden's Mr. Darcy (that's my *SWOON*)

Right?! All of the sudden a neck becomes the sexiest thing ever and you need someone to bring you smelling salts.

BTW, google has just informed me that Matthew's name is actually MacFad-yen and not McFay-den. REALLY!? Was it always? I'm so confused.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am

I have a technical question: does anyone here live in a two iPhone household? As in, you and your spouse or children both have iPhones on the same account? If so, have you ever had the issue where someone starts getting the other person's text messages in addition to the intended recipient? If so, what did you do to fix it?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:22 pm

Gianna wrote:I have a technical question: does anyone here live in a two iPhone household? As in, you and your spouse or children both have iPhones on the same account? If so, have you ever had the issue where someone starts getting the other person's text messages in addition to the intended recipient? If so, what did you do to fix it?

The ex and I both had iPhones on the same account and we never had that happen.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 pm

I've just got back from seeing Les miz. I cried ALL the tears!!!! My mascara had run and my nose was red when I exited the cinema. :lol:
For the record, I went in not liking Anne Hathaway, and I've come out with a serious dose of respect for her. :shock: :shock: :shock: My kids both loved it and Piano boy gave it a 9 out of 10.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 pm

JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Ah, now I understand. Sounds like a good idea Jodes. You ought to post the link to your page on here where it can be easily found. I love looking at your photos but I'd feel an idiot having to keep asking where to look.

I ended up emailing back and forth with him a bit last night and he said he always offers people the choice of promoting whatever they are doing, but not many people take him up on it. I told him I didn't want to be the one who starts the trend of paying him to promote their dumb stuff, but he is going to use my GravePhotos name, so people can look for me if they are interested.

You can always find me here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/GravePhot ... 7946124341

Though I will warn you the past couple groups of photos I put up have included multiple sibling deaths. :? I wasn't going for any particular theme, it just worked out that way. Andover, MA must have been a rough place to raise a family back in the day.

Cheers Jodes!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

guitargirl wrote:I've just got back from seeing Les miz. I cried ALL the tears!!!! My mascara had run and my nose was red when I exited the cinema. :lol:
For the record, I went in not liking Anne Hathaway, and I've come out with a serious dose of respect for her. :shock: :shock: :shock: My kids both loved it and Piano boy gave it a 9 out of 10.

YAY! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Had I not been in a theater I'd have been howling through the whole movie, but my Yankee reserve kept me down to quiet sobbing. I'm also glad you enjoyed Anne's performance since she's a pretty pivotal character. I've loved her since Princess Diaries, so I was already all in with her. I'm so glad your boys enjoyed it, too. Over here boys would consider it 'too gay' to go see a musical, much less enjoy it.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:20 pm

JodieO wrote:
BTW, google has just informed me that Matthew's name is actually MacFad-yen and not McFay-den. REALLY!? Was it always? I'm so confused.

yes, it's always been that way ;) :P (btw, I'm getting dragged down by the beginning seasons of MI-5 :? Tom is such a dumbass, and yet he's supposed to be "the best" :roll: I actually whined to my DH last night "can't we skip ahead to Lucas yet, PLEASE?" he, of course, said no :x :P )
kelbel75
Craft Services

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats