Go to footer

Crush Crush

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Crush Crush

Postby Gianna » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 pm

KK - meant to comment on this earlier, but WELL DONE on your painting!!!!! I am now wanting to paint a room grey. :D I think I am going to do the half-bath on the main level. I would love to do our bedroom, but I just painted it not too long ago and it was a BITCH. The room is huge with 4 doors to trim around, and multiple windows. :|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:41 pm

JodieO wrote:BTW, is anyone else watching the crazy go down on That's Normal? I didn't even really know this was still a thing. I thought everyone was over it... :?

http://thats-normal.com/2013/02/confess ... n-stewart/

Oh this is entertaining. It is nice to know some things never change. ;)
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 pm

As if I couldn't love Helena more! Towards the beginning of this clip she admits she brings out her Bellatrix wand to frighten children she doesn't like.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:16 am

kelbel75 wrote:all right, all right, I feel like I have to defend the hunters (along w/Lori) before this all gets out of hand ;) altho I do know many men like you are all describing, there are those who do take it very seriously. they don't abuse the power that comes with hunting, trapping, fishing,etc. they DO enjoy the sport of it, but it's a skill that needs to be learned and respected; there's nothing wrong with that in my eyes. and there are laws in place to regulate the crazies :shock: we NEED hunters, you do know that right? environmentally speaking, they are necessary. also, you're all condemning something that is bread into men by nature. some of them have lost it thru modernization, and that's perfectly fine (I prefer scholars, myself 8-) ) but the same thing that makes boys get off on racing cars and beating each other senseless and then having a laugh about it afterwards over a beer, comes from the same place. the "next generation" of hunters are generally a lot diff't from the uncles and grandfathers that are being described here. altho I didn't enjoy walking into the cellar and facing skinned animals all of the time, I understood it and respected it. my grandfather HATES certain ways of hunting/fishing that are not humane and he'll give anyone an earful who he sees doing it, but he is desensitized to loving an animal, I think :( but really, it's kind of like the military or specialized surgeons, etc: they wouldn't be able to do what they do if they lived their life in colors instead of black and white :ugeek:

okay, that's my PSA in defense of my hillbilly brethren :geek:

ily. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:52 am

Ok, I just have to make it until 1:45 today and then I am OUT of here for 16 days. Baby steps to 1:45...baby steps to 1:45...
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:01 am

Gianna wrote:Ok, I just have to make it until 1:45 today and then I am OUT of here for 16 days. Baby steps to 1:45...baby steps to 1:45...

:| :| :| :| :| :| :|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:04 am

Gianna wrote:Ok, I just have to make it until 1:45 today and then I am OUT of here for 16 days. Baby steps to 1:45...baby steps to 1:45...

Bring me back someone cute!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:23 pm

OK, fine! I'll entertain myself!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:57 pm

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:11 pm

you know, I never think of any one of Richard's characters while watching the others; he does such a good job of making them distinct, even tho their looks aren't so wildly different from each other 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:13 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:25 pm

after reading thru ALL of the comments regarding the KStew post on "that's normal" yesterday, I did feel one very good point was made: there does seem to be a double-standard concerning jennifer lawrence. I think we're more likely to let certain behaviors slide by b/c we like her overall character/personality better than KStew's. I try not to do this in my everyday life, but I do on occasion crucify someone for the same behaviors that don't really bother me in someone else :? it's not fair, but it is what it is *shrugs* (I didn't like seeing her flip off the paps while posing for pics after the oscars tho :| )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:34 pm

JodieO wrote:

Ewan is so cute in that movie :D I love his singing voice too 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm

kelbel75 wrote:after reading thru ALL of the comments regarding the KStew post on "that's normal" yesterday, I did feel one very good point was made: there does seem to be a double-standard concerning jennifer lawrence. I think we're more likely to let certain behaviors slide by b/c we like her overall character/personality better than KStew's. I try not to do this in my everyday life, but I do on occasion crucify someone for the same behaviors that don't really bother me in someone else :? it's not fair, but it is what it is *shrugs* (I didn't like seeing her flip off the paps while posing for pics after the oscars tho :| )

Who flipping off? Jennifer Lawrence? It wasn't my favorite thing to see, either, but I kind of felt hers was more playful than anything. My understanding is as she was going up the stairs one of the photographers shouted "watch your step!" and she flipped him/her off. And then she immediately knew she did something stupid. Where KStew seems to make a habit of it.

ImageImage

Otherwise I'm not sure which behaviors they both share...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:after reading thru ALL of the comments regarding the KStew post on "that's normal" yesterday, I did feel one very good point was made: there does seem to be a double-standard concerning jennifer lawrence. I think we're more likely to let certain behaviors slide by b/c we like her overall character/personality better than KStew's. I try not to do this in my everyday life, but I do on occasion crucify someone for the same behaviors that don't really bother me in someone else :? it's not fair, but it is what it is *shrugs* (I didn't like seeing her flip off the paps while posing for pics after the oscars tho :| )

Who flipping off? Jennifer Lawrence? It wasn't my favorite thing to see, either, but I kind of felt hers was more playful than anything. My understanding is as she was going up the stairs one of the photographers shouted "watch your step!" and she flipped him/her off. And then she immediately knew she did something stupid. Where KStew seems to make a habit of it.

ImageImage

Otherwise I'm not sure which behaviors they both share...

that's what I mean tho, if you would have an aversion to seeing that gesture used, then it shouldn't matter if it's in childishness or in jest, just on principle :geek: like I said tho, I am very inconsistent in my judgements :P so I'm not arguing the fact, just thought it was a valid point.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm

kelbel75 wrote:that's what I mean tho, if you would have an aversion to seeing that gesture used, then it shouldn't matter if it's in childishness or in jest, just on principle :geek: like I said tho, I am very inconsistent in my judgements :P so I'm not arguing the fact, just thought it was a valid point.

Eh, I dunno.. if at the MTV Movie Awards someone in the press room had shouted "hold on to your popcorn!" and she flipped them off and then was immediately all "OH SHIT! I shouldn't have done that!" I would have thought it was kind of funny. But she's just constantly flip, flip, flip, flip, flip... It's like her 'thing' and as a 'thing' I don't like it.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:50 pm

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 pm

JodieO wrote:Image

back when she wasn't so annoying *sigh*
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:59 pm

I went to the dermatologist yesterday to get my yearly skin check for the 10,000 moles I have all over the place :roll: & the doc said "you know, you do have more than the average amount of moles on your person, but they're good looking moles; flat, perfectly round, & most of them are a nice chocolate brown in color." umm, thanks? :? :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Alexandra » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:that's what I mean tho, if you would have an aversion to seeing that gesture used, then it shouldn't matter if it's in childishness or in jest, just on principle :geek: like I said tho, I am very inconsistent in my judgements :P so I'm not arguing the fact, just thought it was a valid point.

Eh, I dunno.. if at the MTV Movie Awards someone in the press room had shouted "hold on to your popcorn!" and she flipped them off and then was immediately all "OH SHIT! I shouldn't have done that!" I would have thought it was kind of funny. But she's just constantly flip, flip, flip, flip, flip... It's like her 'thing' and as a 'thing' I don't like it.

The flipping off of someone in jest (or in traffic if they deserve it) doesn't per se bother me. But the constant flip off of people who are, I don't know, doing their job taking your picture on the red carpet at an event that you attended of your own choice (Cannes) when you are supposed to be representing your film - that annoys me. Calling said photographers See You Next Tuesdays - that annoys me. I don't at all see it as a double standard. If Jennifer Lawrence started acting like that, than I'd disapprove of her too.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

The flipping off of someone in jest (or in traffic if they deserve it) doesn't per se bother me. But the constant flip off of people who are, I don't know, doing their job taking your picture on the red carpet at an event that you attended of your own choice (Cannes) when you are supposed to be representing your film - that annoys me. Calling said photographers See You Next Tuesdays - that annoys me. I don't at all see it as a double standard. If Jennifer Lawrence started acting like that, than I'd disapprove of her too.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

it's kind of like when someone uses the f-word constantly, w/out any real meaning, vs someone who may use it a lot, but totally w/in context. (the first annoys me, the second doesn't)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:16 pm

JodieO wrote:Image

It appears you have a smirking theme going on here! I approve.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats