Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:58 pm

this debate came up on a blog I was conversing on, and I want your opinion: when you have to take pictures with men, co-workers or friends you don't know that well,etc. does how well you know them effect the pose? the actual debate was about men holding a woman's hip for a photo vs. an arm around the shoulders, and which is considered more intimate/too familiar, etc. I think the arm around shoulders-pulling you close, is more intimate than the arm around back-w/hand resting on opposite hip, or I should say upper hip really, between your hip and breast.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Fri May 24, 2013 2:06 pm

kelbel75 wrote:this debate came up on a blog I was conversing on, and I want your opinion: when you have to take pictures with men, co-workers or friends you don't know that well,etc. does how well you know them effect the pose? the actual debate was about men holding a woman's hip for a photo vs. an arm around the shoulders, and which is considered more intimate/too familiar, etc. I think the arm around shoulders-pulling you close, is more intimate than the arm around back-w/hand resting on opposite hip, or I should say upper hip really, between your hip and breast.

I would disagree. Your shoulders are more likely to be touched by strangers and acquaintances. They are sort of a safe zone. A hand on your hip or your side is more intimate and I would be icked out if someone I didn't know well held me like that.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri May 24, 2013 2:13 pm

For example:

Lucky bitch

Luckier bitch
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri May 24, 2013 2:56 pm

JodieO wrote:Where is everyone? On vacation already? I wish some of you lived closer to help me shop. I need something to wear for my 20th (EEK) high school reunion this summer and I need fashion advice. I've ordered a cute rockabilly dress from modcloth, but I'm afraid that it's going to look more like a costume on me than a fun fashion. If it fits at all. Being short and round makes it darn near impossible to find a dress (or any clothes, really) that fits properly.

I think this dress is so cute! I share your short and roundness pain. :| I wish I could find something that I like that fits.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:34 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:this debate came up on a blog I was conversing on, and I want your opinion: when you have to take pictures with men, co-workers or friends you don't know that well,etc. does how well you know them effect the pose? the actual debate was about men holding a woman's hip for a photo vs. an arm around the shoulders, and which is considered more intimate/too familiar, etc. I think the arm around shoulders-pulling you close, is more intimate than the arm around back-w/hand resting on opposite hip, or I should say upper hip really, between your hip and breast.

I would disagree. Your shoulders are more likely to be touched by strangers and acquaintances. They are sort of a safe zone. A hand on your hip or your side is more intimate and I would be icked out if someone I didn't know well held me like that.

this does seem to be the consensus. which means I'm surrounded by pervs who are trying to cop a feel & I'm too clueless to notice :? :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:37 pm

JodieO wrote:For example:

Lucky bitch

Luckier bitch

example #1 doesn't have much choice in the matter, he'd have to bend over to reach her hip :P & example #2 was once his girlfriend, so...lucky bitch indeed ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Fri May 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:Where is everyone? On vacation already? I wish some of you lived closer to help me shop. I need something to wear for my 20th (EEK) high school reunion this summer and I need fashion advice. I've ordered a cute rockabilly dress from modcloth, but I'm afraid that it's going to look more like a costume on me than a fun fashion. If it fits at all. Being short and round makes it darn near impossible to find a dress (or any clothes, really) that fits properly.

I think this dress is so cute! I share your short and roundness pain. :| I wish I could find something that I like that fits.

personally I wouldn't give a sh!t if someone liked what i was wearing to my HS reunion (but just because I have no love lost for most of my classmates). I think it's pretty darn cute!!! (and that's coming from a 5 foot tall person).
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 pm

JodieO wrote:

shoulder is for strangers. hip is for LOVAHS!!!
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

amynkansas wrote:personally I wouldn't give a sh!t if someone liked what i was wearing to my HS reunion (but just because I have no love lost for most of my classmates). I think it's pretty darn cute!!! (and that's coming from a 5 foot tall person).

Hee! I don't care whether or not they like it, I just care whether or not I look cute in it.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri May 24, 2013 4:57 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:

shoulder is for strangers. hip is for LOVAHS!!!

Eggsmackly.

Stranger

Friend

"We're Just Close Friends"
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Amy - your presence is requested in the Flat for a debrief on your travels. :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri May 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Cute dress, Jodie! What are you wearing for shoes?? :D
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:47 am

we're going to see the new Star Trek movie today, so last night I was looking at a review site to see what people were saying about it. every review, whether they liked the movie or not, praised Bennedict Cumberbatch. only, this must have been one of those sites that automatically censors certain words because it kept replacing the "um" in his last name w/asterisks. I was confused, until I realized the beginning of his name spells "cum" :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Sat May 25, 2013 10:06 am

Gianna wrote:Image

Cute dress, Jodie! What are you wearing for shoes?? :D

Hee! Well, I've got my red heels and some super comfy black sandals...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Sat May 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Gianna wrote:Amy - your presence is requested in the Flat for a debrief on your travels. :D :D :D

where do I start?!!!

Germany.....

Beer, beer and more beer. (the only time I wasn't drinking it was at breakfast...and that's only because they didn't serve it at our hotel in the morning.

This is a HUGE cathedral in Cologne (Koln). Our hotel was about a 2 minute walk from it.
it claims to hold the remains of the Three Wisemen (Magi)Image

Made me think of you guys....That's normal.

No. I did not purchase the mask...but i did consider it.

German Grocery Store

Cooking a meal with the business clients (who were SO much fun) at a castle

Wiener Art. I couldn't help my 12 year old self from snapping this...

thought of Jodie and other Clown Phobes..
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sat May 25, 2013 5:01 pm

PARIS!!!

we didn't really have the best time in France but heck! it's Paris!!!

on the train ride from Germany to Paris we kept seeing these beautiful bright yellow fields. If I am correct, they are canola (rapeseed) fields. I was in awe of them.

Paris Grocery store

this happened.

was not used to seeing this sort of security...

skinny jeans and scarves were EVERYWHERE!!!!

our visit to the love lock bridge in paris. there were 2 bridges. one for lovers and the other for committed love. We did committed love one (even though we did "christen" all 3 countries--huba huba)

at the louvre

Notre Dame....got sad news that the day after we were there, some man committed suicide inside the cathederal.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sat May 25, 2013 5:16 pm

LONDON!!!!!

neither me or my DH have ever been on a subway so once we discovered that we could navigate The Tube, we had a ball getting around the city.

Flat Mitch at The Beatles store

Flat Mitch as Buckingham Palace

Fish and Chips (and something made of peas)

the view of London from our hotel room

Tea with Elise and Jan!!!

Elsie Tanner and Guitar Girl gave me a tour of a grocery store...
Roast Beef flavored Crisps????

some of our Flat friends coke style!

Wine juice boxes. The Brits are so smart.

PIMM'S!!!! (yummy!)

the tea aisle is HUGE!!!!!!

Cereal

GG's iPhone 6

Pimm's and Brandy

treats from the girls!!!! I am currently going through Hobnob withdrawl
(i had them sign my Tweed Serious T-shirt....along side PFach, Mandaliz, Cedvanhalen (@cordray1)
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sat May 25, 2013 5:48 pm

the paris bridge wasn't very full but the one in germany was PACKED. we had a hard time finding a tiny bit of space. this is one panel out of about 50.

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby littleredfiat » Sun May 26, 2013 12:41 pm

OMG Amy, looks like you had so much fun! Love your pictures.

This. The only kind of German beer I like is Kölsch. My hubs drinks a different kind.

Umm, I might have one of these. :roll:

The rapeseed fields are everywhere around here. Beautiful, but god do they stink!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sun May 26, 2013 1:48 pm

littleredfiat wrote:OMG Amy, looks like you had so much fun! Love your pictures.

This. The only kind of German beer I like is Kölsch. My hubs drinks a different kind.

the beer in cologne (koln) was, by far, the best beer i have ever had. it will be hard to go back to amercian beer. and i don't think we can get Kolsch here :(
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sun May 26, 2013 1:51 pm

littleredfiat wrote:Image
The rapeseed fields are everywhere around here. Beautiful, but god do they stink!

I only saw the fields from afar (planes and trains) so i will still have fond, unstinky memories of them ;)
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Sun May 26, 2013 5:06 pm

amynkansas wrote:LONDON!!!!!
Tea with Elise and Jan!!!

some of our Flat friends coke style!

Whatever you guys ate I WANT SOME. OMG that looks GOOD.

Probably the only time I'll have a Coke bottle figure. ;)

We have mini wine boxes here, too!

I kind of love and hate that all our crap sugary cereals have made it into other countries. Though I am intrigued by this Nesquick cereal...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Sun May 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Love your photos, Amy! Looks as though you had a great time. It sounds like we are doing Mexico this winter and then I think we will be doing Germany. We have friends in Frankfurt (living there for a job) and we might go that route next time.

Thanks for sharing your photos!!! ♥♥♥
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby BakingNath » Mon May 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Your photos look great Amy, i am sorry i was not able to meet with you.
Tea with Elise and Jan must have been great, they are so nice and friendly..
Your Pimms picture make me think the bottle i have is almost empty -> Must think about buying one when i am in London in a few weeks
The name thing on Coca cola bottles just started in France, i find it funny that that kind of thing always arrives after other countries
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby Gianna » Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm

amynkansas wrote:

We have those here at Target! They make the multi-bottle sizes and then my personal fave is a 4-pack of individual one-glass servings. I may or may not have ingested one through a straw while having a pedicure one time. At least that is the rumor. :?

Gianna
Runs with Vampires

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats