Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:02 pm

my 13 yr. old son was being bitchy today at church (b/c he secretly tried to bring his i-pod & we took it away), not smiling at all, ignoring people when they talked to him, etc. :roll: so 8 yr. old daughter says "quit acting like Kristen Stewart!" :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:06 pm

kelbel75 wrote:my 13 yr. old son was being bitchy today at church (b/c he secretly tried to bring his i-pod & we took it away), not smiling at all, ignoring people when they talked to him, etc. :roll: so 8 yr. old daughter says "quit acting like Kristen Stewart!" :lol:

You guys have THE BEST kids!!!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Gianna » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:27 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:Sooo...apparently this happened somewhere:

http://inviteanddelight.blogspot.com/2012/09/fifty-shades-of-fun.html

:shock: :shock:

WOW! I read the whole post because I was amazed that someone did ALL that stuff. I want her to be my party planner... but with a normal theme. This chick has some time on her hands....

Right?? I couldn't stop reading because each themed item was crazier than the next. Of course I had peruse her blog for a minute and she also had a Twi-themed one, too. :geek:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:53 pm

So Gia, i will PM you some info. If you have some time this week (it is this week, right?) give me a call or text.

I'll see if I can WHIP up some sort of FSoG Welcome Basket for you. But it will probably just have a ping pong paddle and a half eaten bag of Hershey's Kisses (cuz they kiss in the book, right, and the foil is grey.....ish)
:D :D
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Gianna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:11 am

amynkansas wrote:So Gia, i will PM you some info. If you have some time this week (it is this week, right?) give me a call or text.

I'll see if I can WHIP up some sort of FSoG Welcome Basket for you. But it will probably just have a ping pong paddle and a half eaten bag of Hershey's Kisses (cuz they kiss in the book, right, and the foil is grey.....ish)

Hey! No - it is July 18/19! :D

EVery FSoG welcome basket should include these items, IMHO.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:41 am

kelbel75 wrote:my 13 yr. old son was being bitchy today at church (b/c he secretly tried to bring his i-pod & we took it away), not smiling at all, ignoring people when they talked to him, etc. :roll: so 8 yr. old daughter says "quit acting like Kristen Stewart!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 am

Morning, Chumskies! How are you all on this fine sunny Monday?

I'm itchy and sneezy because the whole world is covered in pollen. I've been at work for less than an hour and it feels like I've been here so long that I assumed it was around 2PM. :?

I decided to give Doctor Who another shot since so many people seem so... enthusiastic about it. Started with the Christopher Eccleston season. Watched 4 episodes last night.... how long am I supposed to wait before I'm totally hooked on it?

I just want to curl up at home and read some more. I'm already 3/4 of the way through book 4! Gia, we need to start Harry Potter to slow me down! I'm also feeling an overwhelming urge to research the time period in which these books are set as well as the historical figures included. But I also don't want to spoil the books for myself. Is anyone else this dorky?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 am

Jodie, when I first read your post I thought it said, "Good morning Chunkies!" And I was thinking, "OMG it's like she knows!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just finished my other book, so I am ready to start the first HP book. I just need to get it loaded onto my Kindle.

Went to see Man of Steel this weekend. The movie was ok (way toooooo muuuuuch of the fighting/action. Essentially the last 45min that's all it is...even Mr G checked his watch). But - - - Henry Cavill is delicious. Like, beyond yummy.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 am

Gianna wrote:Jodie, when I first read your post I thought it said, "Good morning Chunkies!" And I was thinking, "OMG it's like she knows!!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just finished my other book, so I am ready to start the first HP book. I just need to get it loaded onto my Kindle.

Went to see Man of Steel this weekend. The movie was ok (way toooooo muuuuuch of the fighting/action. Essentially the last 45min that's all it is...even Mr G checked his watch). But - - - Henry Cavill is delicious. Like, beyond yummy.

HAHAHAHA! oh my.

And yay for HP book club!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:45 am

I just looked at the calendar on my desk and realized that one year ago today, I was meeting up with GG, Elsie and Diamond for brandy and dinner. *sob*
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:46 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:my 13 yr. old son was being bitchy today at church (b/c he secretly tried to bring his i-pod & we took it away), not smiling at all, ignoring people when they talked to him, etc. :roll: so 8 yr. old daughter says "quit acting like Kristen Stewart!" :lol:

Your daughter is a wise woman! :D
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:17 am

Alexandra wrote:I just looked at the calendar on my desk and realized that one year ago today, I was meeting up with GG, Elsie and Diamond for brandy and dinner. *sob*

:(

I can't believe it has be a year since your trip already!!!
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:26 am

Gianna wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I just looked at the calendar on my desk and realized that one year ago today, I was meeting up with GG, Elsie and Diamond for brandy and dinner. *sob*

ME either! I thought it was like 4 months ago! :(
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:48 am

so i just got free screening tickets to see this tomorrow night. looks cute....

The Kings of Summer

I saw The Intership on Saturday. It wasn't terrible.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 am

speaking of movies...did you see that Taylor Lautner is in Grown Ups 2?

What a shame.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:07 pm

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:

ME either! I thought it was like 4 months ago! :(

Time Flies. I'd really rather be back there than sitting at my desk right now. :cry:
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Gianna wrote:
amynkansas wrote:So Gia, i will PM you some info. If you have some time this week (it is this week, right?) give me a call or text.

So I have a month to lose some weight... (yesterday I ate 2 samll bags of sour gummy worms and a bowl of shredded wheat and a diet ginger ale and lost 2 pounds from the day before. I think this will be the new diet craze to sweep the country.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Gianna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:20 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:

So I have a month to lose some weight... (yesterday I ate 2 samll bags of sour gummy worms and a bowl of shredded wheat and a diet ginger ale and lost 2 pounds from the day before. I think this will be the new diet craze to sweep the country.

Do you think I can substitute regular gummy worms for the sour variety? I can't do sour. But I do love your new diet.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:24 pm

JodieO wrote:I'm also feeling an overwhelming urge to research the time period in which these books are set as well as the historical figures included. But I also don't want to spoil the books for myself. Is anyone else this dorky?

did you forget you know me when you asked that question? ;) :oops:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:28 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I'm also feeling an overwhelming urge to research the time period in which these books are set as well as the historical figures included. But I also don't want to spoil the books for myself. Is anyone else this dorky?

HAHA! Ok, anyone besides the two of us...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:39 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

HAHA! Ok, anyone besides the two of us...

I love my nerdy friends.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi all!

Wow. Busy weekend was busy. It included a BBQ (and drinking) a birthday party (more drinking) Fathers Day, buying a 5th guitar (bass)for the GG household, full cooked breakfast duties for my BIL who was babysitting, and to top it off Guitarboy did his Duke of Edinburgh trial hiking and camping (jeez his rucksack weighed a tonne.) If he keeps it up it looks like I'll be going to the Palace in a few years! :D :D I hope they allow jeans :?

How is everyone?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:52 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
Gianna wrote:Apparently I would be a horrible parent. I didn't see an issue with a lot of the stuff they pointed out re: Twi ("a boy and a girl in the grass not touching but looking at each other")...I guess I wouldn't even think to consider any of that stuff! Some unborn has totally dodged a bullet with me taking my womb out of the potential gene pool. :D :lol: I mean, obviously I get the sexual references, etc but some of the other stuff I would never even think was anything at all.

I agree with you completely. I am not concerned about most of the stuff they point out. That's why I think it is a pretty good reference for me to use. I know they'll tell me everything and I won't have any unexpected sex scenes. I laugh at all the things they are concerned about and make my "educated" decision.

A boy and a girl stood near each other without touching?! MY EYES!! SINNERS! SINNNERRRRSSSS!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED BY THEIR SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ha, it looks like we'll all be burning in the fires of Hell. Well, at least we'll be in good company and it will be warm. It will also take the chill off our brandy nicely.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Well my kid will be exposed to witchcraft and the devil right away. I have every intention of taking Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone with me to the hospital. "hi I'm your mother....chapter one, the boy who lived...." My super Christian in laws would die.

Hee. Start as you mean to go on Kaykay!! I've corrupted both of my kids with HP. JK Rowling has made them fab readers! PS Don't give the outlaws an inch with your offspring, I learned the hard way. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:57 pm

I can't believe it's been a year already. *SOBS NOISILY* :shock: :shock: :shock: Our drunken fun was wonderful! :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats