Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 am

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:55 am

Abs - loooove those pics!! Where are you running that you're seeing all that flab? Don't know about you but I wear a shirt over my workout bra... Image

Interesting link with ideas on how to work out when its hot - but, honestly,l doing a mini triathlon is NOT my idea of a hot weather workout!!! Really!!!

SO Abs, did you end up doing any excercise after all?

TODAY is the day I restart my eating well - i felt so 'clean' last week when I challenged myself to eat all those greens, and the 100 sugar max target. So I'm restarting it today. No excuses!!

Woke up this AM before my alarm clock sounded and had a huge battle in my head about whether I should just get up and exercise first thing in the morning or stick to my lunchtime plans. Man I can be a whiny biatch in my head!! Lunchtime won. Today. Tomorrow I will *need* to do the 7am workout if its going to happen. Oh joy. At least I can console myself by reading while biking. Though for some reason I have a hankering to watch The Lost Boys instead. Decisions, decisions! Image

Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:45 am

Muffinmom wrote:TODAY is the day I restart my eating well - i felt so 'clean' last week when I challenged myself to eat all those greens, and the 100 sugar max target. So I'm restarting it today. No excuses!!

Errr, I meant TODAY MONDAY is when I restart eating well!! Um, yeah... I was pretty good on Friday but Saturday went out the window. We went to my nephew's party, and my choices were limited so.... and they had the most awesome cake ever... and um... at least I worked out Saturday AM.

Sunday's workout consisted of going blueberry picking with Muffin at a local farm.

Today I plan to do SOMETHING when I get home after work, either yoga or exercise bike. Will attempt to wake up for a before work workouts the rest of the week if I can sleep thru the night (Insomnia has been my friend lately unfortunately).
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:06 am

Someone please come to my house and force some goddamn vegetables down my throat tonight? The closest I have come to a vegetable was the tomato slice in my BLT on Friday.

It was my high school reunion weekend and old besties were in town so I've been running around and eating junk everywhere. Poutine and pie one night (SO GOOD), Saturday I had some toast and Pop Chips and then nothing until I got to the reunion and they only had cheese and crackers (which was a bad combo with all the liquor), then Sunday I was helping my friend with her audition and they brought me a donut and some chips and then we went out for hot dogs.

I need something that grew in dirt!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:17 am

JodieO wrote:Someone please come to my house and force some goddamn vegetables down my throat tonight? The closest I have come to a vegetable was the tomato slice in my BLT on Friday.

It was my high school reunion weekend and old besties were in town so I've been running around and eating junk everywhere. Poutine and pie one night (SO GOOD), Saturday I had some toast and Pop Chips and then nothing until I got to the reunion and they only had cheese and crackers (which was a bad combo with all the liquor), then Sunday I was helping my friend with her audition and they brought me a donut and some chips and then we went out for hot dogs.

So THAT's why you've been posting old (beautiful) pics of you!!

Veggies? First - do yo have any in your house? Any faves that could be used to tempt you? Are you a salad person or an "I hate salad" person? Wish you were closer, I'd make you my fave ratatouille (with a texmex twist). Hmmm maybe I should make that one day this week, cooks real nice in the crockpot.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 am

Muffinmom wrote:
JodieO wrote:Someone please come to my house and force some goddamn vegetables down my throat tonight? The closest I have come to a vegetable was the tomato slice in my BLT on Friday.

So THAT's why you've been posting old (beautiful) pics of you!!

Veggies? First - do yo have any in your house? Any faves that could be used to tempt you? Are you a salad person or an "I hate salad" person? Wish you were closer, I'd make you my fave ratatouille (with a texmex twist). Hmmm maybe I should make that one day this week, cooks real nice in the crockpot.

I actually love salad, but I never buy the stuff because it goes bad so quickly. I might just run out to the grocery store on lunch to grab one.
Usually I eat sandwiches of some variety for lunch and for dinner have a protein and two big bowls of veggies with it, but I haven't been home. :?

And yes, that's why I've been posting all those photos of me with an enormous spiral perm... 8-)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:51 pm

I hear ya - its real tough to eat well if you're barely eating at home. Between temptations and poor availability its real tough.
Any plans to decrease the outside eating?
As a corollary - do you keep any frozen, ez to cook veggies in your fridge (green beans, broccoli, etc)?
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Muffinmom wrote:I hear ya - its real tough to eat well if you're barely eating at home. Between temptations and poor availability its real tough.
Any plans to decrease the outside eating?
As a corollary - do you keep any frozen, ez to cook veggies in your fridge (green beans, broccoli, etc)?

Yes, the reunion is over and everyone has gone home for another 10 years, so it's back to home eating tomorrow. The freezer is usually stocked with 5-6 different kinds of frozen veggies. I rarely buy fresh because they usually go bad in about three seconds, and because living in Maine a lot of our produce gets trucked up from the South so it's not always so fresh. EXCEPT in the summer when I can go to the farmers' market.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Time for PILATES!!!!

so I can be buff, boo-ti-full and bitchin'!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMifqpIJ5wc[/youtube]
(ok, forget it, I've tried a million times and a bunch of different poster's links and I can't get any to embed. Just click the link if you want. It's Jim Carrey on In Living Colour)

Ps I wanna buy a fart machine
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Will have to check out those vids when I get home.

Tonight might be Margarita Wednesday - the neighbors are talking about doing a rotating margarita night thing. To drink or not to drink, that will be the question!

I woke myself up early this AM to do a 1/2 hr of exercise bike, go me! I've been pretty good with food too (aside from the 2 small chocolates I had after lunch...).

Abs, is it me or does this board feel like the Muffin & Abs & guests show? Image

Either way, as usual I'm in need of pretty so here's some:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:55 pm

HOLY CUPCAKES BATMAN! I'm a Lurking Third Wheel!!!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:22 pm

come on now, let's be reasonable. This is the health forum after all. And cupcakes are bad for you.

j/k. :lol: :lol: :lol:
and ps congrats :D and pps yes, yes it does feel like the Muffin and Abs hour here.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:20 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:come on now, let's be reasonable. This is the health forum after all. And cupcakes are bad for you.

Not if they're of the MALE cupcake variety Image

Playing hookie today - didn't feel like waking up early for my workout. Probably didn't help that I stayed up too late reading FF on my phone while in bed... Image

Perhaps I need to add FF to my diet plans... Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:51 am

random cute thing:

this is a Namaqua Rain Frog when it's angry!!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 am

That's one adorable frog! Image

I had a real tough food day yesterday- I'm guessing the blood donation somehow made me crave carbs and sugar like there's no tomorrow. No bueno.
Today my yoga teacher/trainer is giving me a food questionnaire and asked that we keep a food diary for the next 4 days to see where I can make positive changes. I'm kinda excited but scared about what she'll find and recommend. Image

You wouldn't see me this weekend, its Muffin's birthday tomorrow! She'll be barking up a storm tomorrow at her camp theatre production of 101 Dalmatians :) then we're going out to dinner at her fave Cuban restaurant (bye bye diet... sigh...).

Whatcha doing this weekend? Hopefully something fun!!Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:37 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:random cute thing:

HEE!

That IS cute! What freaky little eyes he has, too!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 pm

JodieO wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:random cute thing:

HEE!

That IS cute! What freaky little eyes he has, too!

All the better to see you with my dear :D
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:04 am

Another week begins........

Monday - neighbourhood wog - if the weather holds up. If not, Wii Fit +
Tuesday - Pilates
Wednesday - rest day/stretching
Thursday - strength training
Friday - I am leaving week early on Friday for the long weekend so I will wait and see what time "early" ends up being a decide
Saturday - beach volleyball
Sunday - rest day (plus house chores)

Muffin? (you know, since we're the only two here)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:30 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Another week begins........

Tuesday - Pilates
Friday - I am leaving week early on Friday for the long weekend so I will wait and see what time "early" ends up being a decide

HEY!

Hrmph.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:06 pm

ABS!! You keeping busy, good for you!! Image

I'm worried this week I might not make my 5x commitment... its a crazy crazy week between loads of work at the office plus prepping for my vacation starting Saturday. Here's my planned schedule:

Monday - bust. Stuck working thru lunch. Had planned an early AM workout but insomnia took care of that. Hrmph.
Tues - will try the early morning workout
Wed - either lunchtime yoga or workout when I get home
Thurs - strength training with yoga teacher
Friday - yoga class
Saturday - airport walking
Sunday - walking in Kennedy space center

not sure the last two qualify as workouts... Image

JodieO - I know you're visiting - care to share about your summer activities? Image

I'm sorry to say I'll barely be able to stop by here this week or next week... just so you don't worry if you dont' see me!Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:25 pm

JodieO wrote:

Tuesday - Pilates

HEY!

Hrmph.

I'll only take it back if you fashion me a kick ass Summit wig (need something to brush since Ron cut his bouffant )
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:40 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Tuesday - Pilates

HEY!

Hrmph.

I'll only take it back if you fashion me a kick ass Summit wig (need something to brush since Ron cut his bouffant )

Here you go! http://www.costumecraze.com/WIG714.html

I'm fairly certain that's a better quality than the Summit ones, so I hope you feel special!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Muffinmom wrote:JodieO - I know you're visiting - care to share about your summer activities?

It's hard for me to plan. My activities depend on whether or not I have to stay late at work and whether or not nature cooperates. Lately it has not cooperated. Any time I've actually HAD time to go out to do something it has either been 100 degrees or pouring rain. :roll: My mother and I are planning a day in the graveyards on Saturday, though, so there will at least be SOME activity.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:24 pm

my arms are basically spaghetti noodles right now.
How do Angela Basset and Madonna do it?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 am

Is that from doing pilates? When my body KILLS me like that after a workout I take it as a sign that I'm doing exactly what I need to, b/c clearly my body is not where I want it to be. Hang in there!!

I'm hoping to crash the Wednesday yoga class today (I usually just go Fridays) but since I'm away next week I'll sneak in today. MUCH NEEDED since I haven't done anything since last week and I"m SO feeling it!

And I was SO PROUD of myself last night - I was able to mostly ignore the chocolate cake leftover in our fridge, only took literally one nibble of frosting when I gave Muffin a slice for dessert.

My neighbors and DH are strongarming me into doing a "Girls Night" tonight, with Mojitos. Sigh. I may do as DH did last week with the boy's night, and bring my own (non-alcoholic) drink even though I'd rather have the mojitos. But with trying to get my digestion back into control and getting ready for vacation, not a good idea. Then again, I'm feeling mega antisocial for some reason. Bleah.

Here's a sunshiny smile for today:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat