Go to footer

Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby BakingNath » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:17 pm

JodieO wrote:
BakingNath wrote:I m here .. just got home from work ..
I m sorry Marlowe was not better , i hope he ll improve soon.

Whatt do you want for entertainment ?

Hot dudes, funny gifs, whatever. I'm pretty easy to entertain.

Ok here s a selection of hot french dudes

Sorry im stopping here, damn iphone is too difficult for postig pics

Just to finish here s my last "song crush" i cannot stop playing it :

The song is a guy who s drunk because he s ben dumped and i am fascinated by the interpretation of the artist Stromae
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby JodieO » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:24 pm

BakingNath wrote:Image

Well hi there...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BakingNath » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:29 pm

JodieO wrote:

Well hi there...

He s Camille Lacourt , part of the swimming team..
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:03 pm

So I'm back. It was a clusterfuck but it wasn't traumatic at all. A tad bit painful and some light headiness but no passing out. My mom had to drive me because they still don't want me driving. She made me so crazy that I forgot the prescription. So I had to go back home. Driving with her is an experience so I was rattled when we got back to the lab a half an hour late. They did take me right away but the prescription did not state the number of hours or the amount of liquid to be ingested. Of course the Dr wouldn't be in until tomorrow so they told me I had to come back. I made them call back and let his partner look at my chart and give the info. They refused. I really don't ever take no for an answer so I got on the phone and explained my situation (fasted already, had to get a ride, nobody will be around to take me again, etc) so the receptionist agreed to ask the Dr. She comes back and says as long as I fasted I could take the test. (No shit). I told her I know that but I need to know the other info I asked for. Two more times until we got the correct info. Three hour test, four blood draws. Of course I tell them about my bad veins and could they use a butterfly needle (no) and they pooh poohed it and the first stick freaking hurt and I got lightheaded and dizzy but I didn't pass out even though she was digging around. Wasn't allowed to drink water for the test but I had put hot towels on my arms to raise the veins before I left but I'm sure by the time I got there they had gone back down. The drink was very good. The second and third stick were perfect, even though she took the blood from the same arm. The last stick was done by someone else (because my girl was out to lunch) and she drew from the other arm and also dug around. So as a treat and in case I do have diabetes, my mom and I went to IHOP and shared, stuffed french toast and cinnabon pancakes. So freaking good. So now my mood is

And this.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Jodie-did Marlowe get worse again?

Entertained yet?
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby JodieO » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:42 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:Jodie-did Marlowe get worse again?

Entertained yet?

I can so relate....

He did. He started peeing blood again, and was trying to go every few minutes and was all grumpy again and everything. Bleh. :( I took him back to the vet where they did xrays and a urinalysis and said that he's fine. No blockages or crystals, barely elevated white blood count. So they think it's just an inflamed bladder, which at this point is no big shocker. They gave him an antibiotic injection and an anti-inflammatory. The vet suggested that maybe he's stressed out about something and to get a pheromone diffuser to calm him down. Now I just need something to calm ME down. :?

Sorry you had a clusterfuck at your appointment, but I'm glad it was mostly clerical clusterfuck rather than passing out clusterfuck. Did they give a reason why they couldn't use a butterfly on you?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Some BS excuse-your veins are too thick, (but they always use them on me), we need to draw too much blood, (BS), blah, blah, blah. All BS if you ask me.

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby amynkansas » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 pm

this reminds me of a conversation we had with our UK mates.....Crisscross Applesauce

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:57 am

JodieO wrote:.

He did. He started peeing blood again, and was trying to go every few minutes and was all grumpy again and everything. Bleh. :( I took him back to the vet where they did xrays and a urinalysis and said that he's fine. No blockages or crystals, barely elevated white blood count. So they think it's just an inflamed bladder, which at this point is no big shocker. They gave him an antibiotic injection and an anti-inflammatory. The vet suggested that maybe he's stressed out about something and to get a pheromone diffuser to calm him down. Now I just need something to calm ME down. :?

Jodes, I spent a better part of my morning and again evening at the vets yesterday with Kitty Abs. I feel your agony :(
Waiting on blood and urinanalysis results today. :(

He s Camille Lacourt , part of the swimming team..

Oh, bon jour!
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 am

hope everyone is having a good cat day.

I have decided that today is going to be a good day. It has to be.

IT. HAS. TO. BE!!!!!
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:30 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:.

Jodes, I spent a better part of my morning and again evening at the vets yesterday with Kitty Abs. I feel your agony :(
Waiting on blood and urinanalysis results today. :(

Oh no! I hope kitty is ok!

Marlowe is still hiding from me. Except when he wants food. :(
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:21 am

I think we could all use some kitty snuggles today as my actual cat wants nothing to do with me...

My vet suggested that Marlowe's problems could be stemming from stress and I couldn't for my life figure out what he would have to be stressed about. Then I had to chase him all over the house to cram some medicine down his throat... :?

She suggested I get a feliway diffuser which looks like a Glade plug-in and lets off calming pheromones. She said it works well for urinary issues as well as problems when introducing a new cat into the house.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 am

JodieO wrote:I think we could all use some kitty snuggles today as my actual cat wants nothing to do with me...

My vet suggested that Marlowe's problems could be stemming from stress and I couldn't for my life figure out what he would have to be stressed about. Then I had to chase him all over the house to cram some medicine down his throat... :?

She suggested I get a feliway diffuser which looks like a Glade plug-in and lets off calming pheromones. She said it works well for urinary issues as well as problems when introducing a new cat into the house.

I've never heard of a feliway diffuser, but we could all use some calming pheromones from time to time. ;) I hope that Marlowe settles down and de-stresses this weekend! Do you have anything fun for you planned? (I mean, besides chasing Marlowe all over the house to cram medicine down his throat.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:41 am

Alexandra wrote:I've never heard of a feliway diffuser, but we could all use some calming pheromones from time to time. ;) I hope that Marlowe settles down and de-stresses this weekend! Do you have anything fun for you planned? (I mean, besides chasing Marlowe all over the house to cram medicine down his throat.)

Honestly, it's been such a rotten, stressful week between the cat, the bank account, and the car that I kind of can't wait to just hide in my apartment with the blinds drawn. IF I'm feeling up to it I'll go to the farmers' market. Sunday is laundry day at my parents' house. I might try to coax my mom out to a graveyard so I can take some photos as part of my homework from my lessons.

What are you up to this weekend? I hope something more fun than driving around all weekend!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:11 am

JodieO wrote:Honestly, it's been such a rotten, stressful week between the cat, the bank account, and the car that I kind of can't wait to just hide in my apartment with the blinds drawn. IF I'm feeling up to it I'll go to the farmers' market. Sunday is laundry day at my parents' house. I might try to coax my mom out to a graveyard so I can take some photos as part of my homework from my lessons.

What are you up to this weekend? I hope something more fun than driving around all weekend!

My weekends always involve some chauffeur duties, but fingers crossed they will be at a minimum this weekend. My 10 year old has a soccer game at 7:45 am. WTF? Ugh. I'm trying to convince Mr. A that he should cover that one. Probably not gonna happen, but worth a try. And then we have a game for the little guy at a more decent hour - 11 am. Then NOTHING is scheduled for the rest of the day!!!! Hopefully, I'll get some stuff done around the house and a nap in the afternoon!

On Sunday, I'm taking oldest and 2 friends to the International Spy Museum in DC around 11 am. I've never been, and it sounds like fun. Admission is normally what I'd call stupid expensive at $22/person. (Remember: I live in metro DC, the land of free Smithsonian Museums.) But I managed to snag a "2 tickets for the cost of 1" deal on Groupon last week. There's a couple of special exhibits that seem interesting - who doesn't love James Bond. And there's supposed to be an Argo exhibit. (That reminds me that I need to finish watching that movie on my DVR before Sunday.) The reason we decided to go this week is that one of the girls' favorite authors, Ally Carter, is going to be there signing books at 1 pm. They are so excited to meet her. (One series of her books is about a bunch of girls who go to a school for spies "I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You" and the final book came out last week.)

I'm hoping to catch up on some much needed sleep this weekend, but we'll have to see how that works out for me.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:19 am

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:Honestly, it's been such a rotten, stressful week between the cat, the bank account, and the car that I kind of can't wait to just hide in my apartment with the blinds drawn. IF I'm feeling up to it I'll go to the farmers' market. Sunday is laundry day at my parents' house. I might try to coax my mom out to a graveyard so I can take some photos as part of my homework from my lessons.

My weekends always involve some chauffeur duties, but fingers crossed they will be at a minimum this weekend. My 10 year old has a soccer game at 7:45 am. WTF? Ugh. I'm trying to convince Mr. A that he should cover that one. Probably not gonna happen, but worth a try. And then we have a game for the little guy at a more decent hour - 11 am. Then NOTHING is scheduled for the rest of the day!!!! Hopefully, I'll get some stuff done around the house and a nap in the afternoon!

On Sunday, I'm taking oldest and 2 friends to the International Spy Museum in DC around 11 am. I've never been, and it sounds like fun. Admission is normally what I'd call stupid expensive at $22/person. (Remember: I live in metro DC, the land of free Smithsonian Museums.) But I managed to snag a "2 tickets for the cost of 1" deal on Groupon last week. There's a couple of special exhibits that seem interesting - who doesn't love James Bond. And there's supposed to be an Argo exhibit. (That reminds me that I need to finish watching that movie on my DVR before Sunday.) The reason we decided to go this week is that one of the girls' favorite authors, Ally Carter, is going to be there signing books at 1 pm. They are so excited to meet her. (One series of her books is about a bunch of girls who go to a school for spies "I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You" and the final book came out last week.)

I'm hoping to catch up on some much needed sleep this weekend, but we'll have to see how that works out for me.

That DOES sound like fun! I wanna go! And now I"m kind of curious to read this book...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:00 pm

#365 Days of Rob - Remember Me - BTS filming

How can I not post the sleeping peen?

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:01 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:

That DOES sound like fun! I wanna go! And now I"m kind of curious to read this book...

DITTO!!!!
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:06 pm

JodieO wrote:I think we could all use some kitty snuggles today as my actual cat wants nothing to do with me...

Hope all the cats feel better soon.

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Alexandra » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:03 pm

I'll report back in if the International Spy Museum is fun, and if so, we can put it on our agenda when you guys come to DC for a visit! I've heard good things about it.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Has anybody here with cats ever done this treatment for kidney disease where you inject fluid under their skin between skin and muscle to help hydrate them?
My vet is recommending this, along with a whole host of other treatments (one of which was going to cost $3000 - $5000 and basically was a crap shoot as to if it would even work!!) and I've never even heard of it so I have no idea if it's worthwhile. If it will even make him feel better or improve his quality of life.
(PS - he's 18 human years old)

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:20 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Has anybody here with cats ever done this treatment for kidney disease where you inject fluid under their skin between skin and muscle to help hydrate them?
My vet is recommending this, along with a whole host of other treatments (one of which was going to cost $3000 - $5000 and basically was a crap shoot as to if it would even work!!) and I've never even heard of it so I have no idea if it's worthwhile. If it will even make him feel better or improve his quality of life.
(PS - he's 18 human years old)

What a handsome face!

Marlowe got a subcutaneous fluid injection at the vet earlier this week. It did help hydrate him and help with his UTI. But I didn't have to do it and it was a one time thing. It was slightly creepy to see that big lump under his skin, but it went away fairly quickly. Is it that he just needs more fluids? Is there no way to get him more fluids through his food? And I understand your dilemma. Marlowe is around 15 and I can see people starting to give me that "he's an old cat, you know.. " look when I ask to leave work for a vet emergency. :roll: In the end only you can decide what is best for him. HUGS.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:05 pm

I got my hair cut today. I think this says it all....

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:48 pm

amynkansas wrote:I got my hair cut today. I think this says it all....

That would be funny if it wasn't so true.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:42 am

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I got my hair cut today. I think this says it all....

That would be funny if it wasn't so true.

what makes it funny is it's true. what makes it sad is that my mom does my hair (she's a licensed cosmetologist).

She cut my son's hair today too. HIS looks great. Mine looks just the same.... but the fact that I am not a 12 year old boy is one of the problems.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats