Go to footer

2017- The Cullens don't come here

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

2017- The Cullens don't come here

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:00 pm

a new year, a new thread. not many of us check in here that often anymore, or maybe we lurk to see if anyone else has posted but we don't really have anything to say ourselves, so the thread title seemed appropriate to me :P

I've recently found a new rabbit hole to fall into: Dan Stevens. you 'Downton Abbey' fans know him as Matthew (I've still not seen any of that show, not one episode. or even clips from it, just screen captures :o ) but I just discovered him through the FX show 'Legion'. and I had no idea he was British until I clicked on an interview for 'Beauty and the Beast'! his voice is delicious.

I just started looking into him a few days ago, so who knows how deep into the rabbit hole I'll actually fall. it's nice to get excited about someone new now & then though, to supplement my Richard and Jamie obsessions ;)

real life has been uneventful for me. that's the way I like it though, too much stress isn't good for me. this past fall/winter with the election about did me in! politics is all anyone wants to talk about lately but I've sworn that subject off, so I've fallen back on reading Twi fanfic again and watching old reruns of Law & Order/SVU :)
that this moment would last forever,or,if it couldn't,that I would stop existing when it did
kelbel75
Craft Services

Re: 2017- The Cullens don't come here

Postby JodieO » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:05 pm

I love Dan Stevens! He seems like a sweetheart in interviews and things, but I miss when he was English and soft. When he left Downton to become an American star he dropped a crapton of weight he didn't need to drop resulting in that very angular face. So here's a tribute to Cousin Matthew and his sweet cheeks. RIP cheeks.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:26 pm

first: god damn it, photobucket! why you always screwing up?! :x *sends message to support and waits for condescending answer of 'clear cache'*

second: wow, he did lose a lot of weight! I like his angular face tho. the jaw and the adams apple and those lanky limbs...i'd post a pic to illustrate but photobucket :? so random vid instead;

I agree about the eyes but could you be a little less creepy about it? & OMG, quit interrupting him! :roll:
that this moment would last forever,or,if it couldn't,that I would stop existing when it did
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Stop screwing around with photofucket and go watch some Downton. It's worth it just for Maggie Smith.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:10 pm

JodieO wrote:Stop screwing around with photofucket and go watch some Downton. It's worth it just for Maggie Smith.

I did just watch a trailer thing for it, so now I can at least say I've watched some of it ;) it showed Matthew & his mom coming to the estate for the first time. Matthew talked about his job and that it wouldn't be a problem b/c he'd still help run the estate, even on the weekend. then Maggie's character asked what a weekend was :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:16 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:Stop screwing around with photofucket and go watch some Downton. It's worth it just for Maggie Smith.

I did just watch a trailer thing for it, so now I can at least say I've watched some of it ;) it showed Matthew & his mom coming to the estate for the first time. Matthew talked about his job and that it wouldn't be a problem b/c he'd still help run the estate, even on the weekend. then Maggie's character asked what a weekend was :P

My personal favorite has always been Mr. Branson.

With a special shoutout to Mr. Pamuk.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm

I had NO IDEA that the Beast was Matthew from DA!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby guitargirl » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Happy New Year People!!!

Bloody hell, the last time I tried to write a post was over a year ago. My computer was being a dick at the time and kept losing anything I typed so I gave up. Then it died! Guess I'm still shit with technology. :?

I may be the only person who hasn't seen Downton Abbey. Living in a house full of testosterone means it probably isnt an option, and I DO love me some Maggie Smith!

How is everyone?

Sorry to hear about ABS mum. Hugs ABS xxxx
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Sassy fucker :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:43 pm

photobucket is still not working for me. they did send an e-mail to say that they're aware of the problem & are working on it. do they not care that I'm in the midst of a new crush? I.need.to.post.all.the.pictures! :o :P

~~~
Interviewer: right now, when you think about your fans, who are they? for example, my mom is a really big fan.
Dan Stevens: there you go! your mom. I've always wanted that to be an answer to a question. Your mom.
~~~

here's some rob: https://twitter.com/extratv/status/850040985723613185
https://twitter.com/ETCanada/status/850020096751874053
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:09 pm

guitargirl wrote:Happy New Year People!!!

Bloody hell, the last time I tried to write a post was over a year ago. My computer was being a dick at the time and kept losing anything I typed so I gave up. Then it died! Guess I'm still shit with technology. :?

I may be the only person who hasn't seen Downton Abbey. Living in a house full of testosterone means it probably isnt an option, and I DO love me some Maggie Smith!

How is everyone?

My friend Jon was a HUGE fan of Downton and he's a sports-loving, skirt-chasing type of guy. I remember seeing a big thing about a group of men who were fans who called themselves something like Mantown Abbey. It's fun for the whole family! If your kids are old enough to understand why an unvirtuous woman was 'ruined'.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:13 am

JodieO wrote:

How is everyone?

My friend Jon was a HUGE fan of Downton and he's a sports-loving, skirt-chasing type of guy. I remember seeing a big thing about a group of men who were fans who called themselves something like Mantown Abbey. It's fun for the whole family! If your kids are old enough to understand why an unvirtuous woman was 'ruined'.

Hee! To be fair, my eldest (who is 18 in a fortnight eep!) would probably watch it but he's always studying. We bonded a few weeks ago over a couple of brandy and diet cokes and Bridget Jones's Baby. My youngest was horrified! :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:08 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

How is everyone?

Hee! To be fair, my eldest (who is 18 in a fortnight eep!) would probably watch it but he's always studying. We bonded a few weeks ago over a couple of brandy and diet cokes and Bridget Jones's Baby. My youngest was horrified! :D :D

18! Holy cannoli!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:04 pm

and this is why I won't let my daughter post videos on youtube :lol: speaking as a fangirl tho, this girl is awesome 8-)

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Have you been watching that supernatural show he's on? Legion or something? Is it any good?

You should check out his move The Guest. It's not a good movie, but there's eye-candy.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:13 pm

JodieO wrote:Have you been watching that supernatural show he's on? Legion or something? Is it any good?

You should check out his move The Guest. It's not a good movie, but there's eye-candy.

yes, 'Legion' is how I first found him. the season is over now but it's been renewed for a 2nd, so I'm really happy about that! the first episode was kinda weird, artsy, and you really weren't sure what was going on. after that though, it pulls you in; you're still confused but you want to stick with it to find out what's actually happening. as it goes along it gets creepy and fun and more weird- I really liked it. I haven't looked that forward to watching a show since 'Lost' ended 8-)

'The Guest'- I've seen a lot of press for that one (I've been spending an embarrassing amount of time on youtube watching interviews b/c I love his voice and his facial expressions :oops: ) it looks good, in a 'don't expect too much plot but have fun watching me beat people up' kind of way, and I'm all for that :P I found a crappy recording on youtube that I plan to watch soon. if I like it, I'll pay to watch a better version.

I also took my daughter to see 'Beauty and The Beast' this weekend. it was really good! I was never all that attached to the animated version. I watched it, of course, but we were what, 16-17 when it came out? but seeing it look so real was impressive.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:45 am

JodieO wrote:You should check out his move The Guest. It's not a good movie, but there's eye-candy.

just popping in again to say I watched the movie this morning & I LOVED it, LOL! it had a very 1980s feel to it, I miss those cheesy movies 8-) I love when bad guys skip the monologuing & just shoot people. it's unexpected, and then I laugh at myself for my vocal reactions :P

so now I can add twisted sense of humor to the 'things to know about Dan' list ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:23 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:You should check out his move The Guest. It's not a good movie, but there's eye-candy.

just popping in again to say I watched the movie this morning & I LOVED it, LOL! it had a very 1980s feel to it, I miss those cheesy movies 8-) I love when bad guys skip the monologuing & just shoot people. it's unexpected, and then I laugh at myself for my vocal reactions :P

so now I can add twisted sense of humor to the 'things to know about Dan' list ;)

BTW, he also played Hugh Grant in the miniseries version of Sense & Sensibility back when he was a young bucko.

RIP cheeks.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:04 pm

I just discovered the 'Carte Noire' series, where Dan Stevens reads excerpts from classic books.
Holy Shit! :shock: his voice, his facial expressions, his eyes... "are you sitting comfortably? then I'll begin"

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:57 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I just discovered the 'Carte Noire' series, where Dan Stevens reads excerpts from classic books.
Holy Shit! :shock: his voice, his facial expressions, his eyes... "are you sitting comfortably? then I'll begin"

I've seen him read something fun, but I forget what it was.. Pied Piper maybe? Something....

But I'm afraid these win always...

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 pm

I am heartbroken about the bombing yesterday. Has anyone heard from Jan... AKA guitar girl? I think she lives about an hour of Manchester.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:02 pm

just checking in to say: I'm still here. I'm still breathing. hope you are too.

I'm crushing HARD on Dan Stevens. I'd apologize for not having a thought in my head that doesn't concern him, but I'm not sorry.

a random vid, b/c I'm in love w/his eyes

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:24 pm

amynkansas wrote:I am heartbroken about the bombing yesterday. Has anyone heard from Jan... AKA guitar girl? I think she lives about an hour of Manchester.

I have not heard from her, but I do owe her an email...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:45 am

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I am heartbroken about the bombing yesterday. Has anyone heard from Jan... AKA guitar girl? I think she lives about an hour of Manchester.

I have not heard from her, but I do owe her an email...

I have heard from GG. She is ok.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm embarrassed that it just took me 6 tries to remember my correct username and password combination. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm glad you heard from GG. I reached out to Diamond (remember her?) of FB the night of the bombing to check in with her and she is fine. I knew that she'd be up-to-date on GG, but I didn't think the post here.

I miss our days in the Flat. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat