There were a lot of things that spurred this idea from people in Rob’s Flat having weight loss goals to posts on Twitter wanting be in shape or blog posts that mention running a 5K or a marathon to even “Choosing” yourself, putting you first. What ever your goal is to be a better you; this is the place for it. It’s about Quality of Life, not the number of pounds you lose; it’s about how you feel in your own skin. It's 66 days until New Moon opens... Let's make some great changes and become the Losers we want to be
- * We’re here to motivate and encourage each other.
* This is a place where you can come and share what your successes were and what your flaws are.
* There is no platform scale, no ill fitting sports bras and spandex. If you want to share that your goal is to loose 10 pounds by October 5, then great. If you just want to say I lost 4 pounds this week, then great.
* If you are struggling and need help or suggestions with something, put it out there.
* If you have an answer or a recipe that you want to share, put it out there.
* If you want to share why you are doing what you are doing then great, otherwise know we love you anyway.
* It’s not a competition but we’ll have a countdown/goal date to coincide with the opening of New Moon.
* I’m also open to suggestions, other ways we can collaborate and share in the successes of others. Send me a PM.
I’m doing this because I want to be a better me. I have a goal to loose weight; I would say I want to loose a million pounds. I love food and I eat more then I should but I love to cook. Cooking for one makes it difficult to cook healthy. I’m always looking for great recipes that are quick but good for me. I have never been “little” even when I was in shape and played sports, I am tall, the middle blocker for volleyball. I don’t dream of being a size 2, just something smaller then what I am. I’m doing this for me.
Make this what you want it to be, do this for yourself. Harriet Beecher Stowe said:
Women are the real architects of society. Make your mark, be your own architect.
Just a little motivation to get you going...