Go to footer

Black Friday

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Black Friday

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:26 am

Ok, so here in the states it's a phenomenon known as Black Friday. A day when people rush out in the middle of the night to fight over the last Elmo or the only 5 Guitar Heroes in town. Do you all have your Christmas wish lists made up? Have you overtly asked for all things Twi-related or are you being a little sneakier and asking for moonstone rings, Converse sneakers, or subscriptions to Vanity Fair and Entertainment Weekly? Or are you being *really* sneaky by buying your DH a grey peacoat and a blue button-down shirt? A giant Edward poster for your daughter's room?

Yeah... because SHE loves him SO much... ;)

Since I'm 'out' to my family I've asked them to buy me all things Rob related. They'll do it because it's easy and it keeps me from having to buy them myself. Ha!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Black Friday

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:29 am

I'm bringing this over from the last thread because it made me laugh so hard I snorted.

robsten4life wrote:This is so freaking hilarious, must watch... the Japanese always give the strangest/funniest interviews

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:52 am

On my Christmas wish list is the Kindle so that I can carry the Twilight saga around at all times natch! I will also fill it full of True Blood books for when I need a change :D

I am hoping my colleague gets me a RPattz calendar as we have a bit of a competition at work for Calendars. She is a huge Johnny Depp fan so she normally has one of those.

A friend and neighbour was at some bike convention last week and spotted an Edward doll and it did cross her mind to get it for me, but I might have been second-hand embarrassed if she actually did!

Happy shopping for all you bargain hunters out there!
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 am

Elsie_Tanner wrote:On my Christmas wish list is the Kindle so that I can carry the Twilight saga around at all times natch! I will also fill it full of True Blood books for when I need a change :D

I am hoping my colleague gets me a RPattz calendar as we have a bit of a competition at work for Calendars. She is a huge Johnny Depp fan so she normally has one of those.

A friend and neighbour was at some bike convention last week and spotted an Edward doll and it did cross her mind to get it for me, but I might have been second-hand embarrassed if she actually did!

Happy shopping for all you bargain hunters out there!

I also asked for a Rob calendar for Christmas. I wagged my finger at my mom and sister telling them they will have to pre-order it to make sure I get one. Then I figured I'd be too ashamed to hang that one up at work and bought myself another Harry Potter one. I can always hang the Rob one at home next to my bed
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby toooldforthis » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:12 pm

JodieO wrote: A giant Edward poster for your daughter's room?

Oh how I wish I could do that! I have two sons and no daughters so I have no one to hide behind. If I bought a poster or the VF magazine and said it was for my 13 year old:

a) My husband would be concerned
b) My son would never speak to me again

I hate being the only female in the house!!!
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:24 pm

toooldforthis wrote:

Oh how I wish I could do that! I have two sons and no daughters so I have no one to hide behind. If I bought a poster or the VF magazine and said it was for my 13 year old:

Oh no! Don't you have a wayward teenage niece who needs some firm guidance that can come live with you as a cover?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby toooldforthis » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:30 pm

JodieO wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:

Oh no! Don't you have a wayward teenage niece who needs some firm guidance that can come live with you as a cover?

:lol: How I wish! I have a 2 year old niece, but I would have a hard time convincing my husband that she really thinks Rob is sexy!
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:33 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
JodieO wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:Oh how I wish I could do that! I have two sons and no daughters so I have no one to hide behind. If I bought a poster or the VF magazine and said it was for my 13 year old:

:lol: How I wish! I have a 2 year old niece, but I would have a hard time convincing my husband that she really thinks Rob is sexy!

Hrmm.. yessss... that plan you might have to ease into... buy her an Edward Barbie doll, and when no one is around teach her to say "I love Edward". Then you can go hog wild!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby toooldforthis » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:22 pm

JodieO wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Hrmm.. yessss... that plan you might have to ease into... buy her an Edward Barbie doll, and when no one is around teach her to say "I love Edward". Then you can go hog wild!

Fantastic!! See, this is why I love hanging out here. You guys have such creative (and devious ;) ) minds. Since it's Black Friday, I wonder if I'll have to knock an old lady or very young child out of the way to get one of these Edward dolls. (I sure hope so. It's just no fun to go out on a day like today if you can't throw a few elbows.)
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:25 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
JodieO wrote:
toooldforthis wrote: :lol: How I wish! I have a 2 year old niece, but I would have a hard time convincing my husband that she really thinks Rob is sexy!

Fantastic!! See, this is why I love hanging out here. You guys have such creative (and devious ;) ) minds. Since it's Black Friday, I wonder if I'll have to knock an old lady or very young child out of the way to get one of these Edward dolls. (I sure hope so. It's just no fun to go out on a day like today if you can't throw a few elbows.)

WHAT?! :o It's almost 1:30 in the afternoon! The shelves must be pretty well bare of anything remotely interesting by now. Order it off Amazon. Then it's practically anonymous! ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Sparklegirl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:43 pm

JodieO wrote:I'm bringing this over from the last thread because it made me laugh so hard I snorted.

robsten4life wrote:This is so freaking hilarious, must watch... the Japanese always give the strangest/funniest interviews

I literally have no clue what was going on in this interview! But it made me laugh a lot :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Sparklegirl

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Sparklegirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:I'm bringing this over from the last thread because it made me laugh so hard I snorted.

I literally have no clue what was going on in this interview! But it made me laugh a lot :lol: :lol:

Me too. And I don't think either Rob or Chris had any idea. The mosquito and the cake? Hilarious. Poor Rob had this expression on his face that quite clearly said 'help me'.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Sparklegirl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Oh and I hope everyone inthe US got lots of lovely bargains today! I bought myself a copy of Bad Mother's Handbook :D
only £5 in HMV for anyone in the UK who might be interested. I was meant to be buying Christmas presents but got distracted! At least this time I actually made it to the shops, last time when I said I was going Christmas shopping I ended up at the cinema watching NM for the third time :oops:
ImageImage
Sparklegirl

Postby Sparklegirl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:52 pm

JodieO wrote:
Sparklegirl wrote:[I literally have no clue what was going on in this interview! But it made me laugh a lot :lol: :lol:

Me too. And I don't think either Rob or Chris had any idea. The mosquito and the cake? Hilarious. Poor Rob had this expression on his face that quite clearly said 'help me'.

That cake looked nothing like any cake I have ever seen! And judging by Rob's face, it didn't taste much like any either :lol:
ImageImage
Sparklegirl

Postby littleredfiat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:55 pm

In one and a half hours it is time. New Moon.
And I'm still in the dark about the jingly peen. Jodie, if you don't spill, no pumpkin pie recipe!!
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Sparklegirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Sparklegirl wrote:[I literally have no clue what was going on in this interview! But it made me laugh a lot :lol: :lol:

That cake looked nothing like any cake I have ever seen! And judging by Rob's face, it didn't taste much like any either :lol:

Yeah, it didn't look especially like cake to me, either. A friend of mine took me to a Japanese place in Queens one time for 'cake'. It was a roundish, squishy, soft, pastry type thing with some sort of gooey filling. Holding it in my hand it felt and looked just like a breast. Maybe they should have given him one of those instead?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:57 pm

littleredfiat wrote:In one and a half hours it is time. New Moon.
And I'm still in the dark about the jingly peen. Jodie, if you don't spill, no pumpkin pie recipe!!

Eep! *I* haven't actually seen this peen jiggle, but my understanding is that you should look for it when Alice has her vision of Edward running. Keep an eye out and report back! Hope you enjoy the movie!

Now gimme the pie! PIE! PIE! PIE!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Sparklegirl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:03 pm

JodieO wrote:

Eep! *I* haven't actually seen this peen jiggle, but my understanding is that you should look for it when Alice has her vision of Edward running. Keep an eye out and report back! Hope you enjoy the movie!

I have seen it, he is wearing very lightweight trousers and running! Just watch him closely in Alice's crappy vision ;)
ImageImage
Sparklegirl

Postby littleredfiat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:04 pm

JodieO wrote:

Hmm, ok, guess I'll have to be satisfied with that. Hubs just got home, he's not in the mood for telling me pie recipies yet. I'll go ... erm ... work on him.
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Sparklegirl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:06 pm

JodieO wrote:
Sparklegirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Yeah, it didn't look especially like cake to me, either. A friend of mine took me to a Japanese place in Queens one time for 'cake'. It was a roundish, squishy, soft, pastry type thing with some sort of gooey filling. Holding it in my hand it felt and looked just like a breast. Maybe they should have given him one of those instead?

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think he would have liked that much more!
Must remember to never go to a Japanese place for dessert!
ImageImage
Sparklegirl

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Sparklegirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:
Sparklegirl wrote:That cake looked nothing like any cake I have ever seen! And judging by Rob's face, it didn't taste much like any either :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think he would have liked that much more!
Must remember to never go to a Japanese place for dessert!

Just be safe and stick with the green tea ice cream. Delicious and full of antioxidants! ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby nikra » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Sparklegirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I have seen it, he is wearing very lightweight trousers and running! Just watch him closely in Alice's crappy vision ;)

I'm so happy that things like these are normal!
ImageImageImage I tried being normal. It sucked.
nikra
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:11 pm

littleredfiat wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Hmm, ok, guess I'll have to be satisfied with that. Hubs just got home, he's not in the mood for telling me pie recipies yet. I'll go ... erm ... work on him.

That's ok. I won't be making it today or anything. =) But for future reference... :)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby littleredfiat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:16 pm

DH said I can watch tomorrow when he makes it and take notes. So am I going to cry when Eddie leaves? And embarrass myself in front of my daughters?
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:27 pm

littleredfiat wrote:DH said I can watch tomorrow when he makes it and take notes. So am I going to cry when Eddie leaves? And embarrass myself in front of my daughters?

I didn't cry when Edward left, I cried during the months afterwards. Have a tissue handy.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 2009