Go to footer

The Boy Who Lived - HP Book Club, week 1

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

The Boy Who Lived - HP Book Club, week 1

Postby JodieO » Sat May 29, 2010 9:03 pm

It's time! It's time it's time it's time! We FINALLY get to start reading startinnnnnnnnggg.... NOW!

So the opinions on when to start discussing chapters were more or less split down the middle. And some of the people who voted to discuss during reading voted so because they were so excited to get going. So, Lindelle and I came up with a compromise, for now we are going to discuss chapters 1-7 and see how it works. If we like it we'll add in chapters 2-14 midweek. If we hate it and people are getting spoiled left and right we'll start discussing afterwards starting next week. Does that make sense?

So, if you are discussing anything beyond chapter 7 please remember to use the spoiler tag. When replying to a message along the top of the window there are various buttons. Second from the right is the spoiler= tag. This is your (and everyone else's) friend. When you click on it it will bring up a set of brackets. Type your spoiler between the two sets of brackets. Your cursor is set there by default. Then, because we want to know whether or not we dare reveal the spoiler we ask that you label it. Inside the first set of brackets it will say 'spoiler='. Please write a short description of the spoiler after the = sign. For example: spoiler=Chapter13 or spoiler=Book 4. If there are any questions on this, please ask.

If anyone still needs to access the introductory thread or has any questions about rules and regs you can find it here: http://letterstotwilight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4283
And the chapter list is here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tZK9bEcCOtKXrXos-tr7tkw&output=html

So let's get reading everyone! Be aware that if you haven't begun to read then there may be spoilers on this week's selection. Continue at your own risk!

I'm curious to hear how you HP virgins find the beginning. Does it automatically suck you in and make you want to read more or are you still wondering what all the fuss is about? For you old-timers, is there a specific point here in the beginning where you begin to really feel the magic?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: The Boy Who Lived - HP Book Club, week 1

Postby JenKB » Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 pm

JodieO wrote:It's time! It's time it's time it's time! We FINALLY get to start reading startinnnnnnnnggg.... NOW!

So the opinions on when to start discussing chapters were more or less split down the middle. And some of the people who voted to discuss during reading voted so because they were so excited to get going. So, Lindelle and I came up with a compromise, for now we are going to discuss chapters 1-7 and see how it works. If we like it we'll add in chapters 2-14 midweek. If we hate it and people are getting spoiled left and right we'll start discussing afterwards starting next week. Does that make sense?

So, if you are discussing anything beyond chapter 7 please remember to use the spoiler tag. When replying to a message along the top of the window there are various buttons. Second from the right is the spoiler= tag. This is your (and everyone else's) friend. When you click on it it will bring up a set of brackets. Type your spoiler between the two sets of brackets. Your cursor is set there by default. Then, because we want to know whether or not we dare reveal the spoiler we ask that you label it. Inside the first set of brackets it will say 'spoiler='. Please write a short description of the spoiler after the = sign. For example: spoiler=Chapter13 or spoiler=Book 4. If there are any questions on this, please ask.

If anyone still needs to access the introductory thread or has any questions about rules and regs you can find it here: http://letterstotwilight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4283
And the chapter list is here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tZK9bEcCOtKXrXos-tr7tkw&output=html

So let's get reading everyone! Be aware that if you haven't begun to read then there may be spoilers on this week's selection. Continue at your own risk!

I'm curious to hear how you HP virgins find the beginning. Does it automatically suck you in and make you want to read more or are you still wondering what all the fuss is about? For you old-timers, is there a specific point here in the beginning where you begin to really feel the magic?

I read book 1 for the first time just a few weeks ago, and now I am re-reading it (concurrently with book 3 because I’m impatient like that) again for the book club. I read the first two chapters again this morning.

Jodie, I’m not sure the first few chapters immediately sucked me in. I must say, though, that the introduction of the characters definitely piqued my interest, and I really like Rowling’s writing style. My first few observations included:

1. The warmth with which Hagrid, McGonagall and Dumbledore regard Harry immediately endeared the character of Harry to me.

2. I was appalled to read that the Dursley’s make Harry sleep in a cabinet underneath the stairs. What??!

3. I wonder if ever in the series any of the Dursley’s will ever have a redeeming quality.
ImageImageImageImageImage
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Postby natasha » Sun May 30, 2010 1:01 am

JenKB wrote:
I read book 1 for the first time just a few weeks ago, and now I am re-reading it (concurrently with book 3 because I’m impatient like that) again for the book club. I read the first two chapters again this morning.

Jodie, I’m not sure the first few chapters immediately sucked me in. I must say, though, that the introduction of the characters definitely piqued my interest, and I really like Rowling’s writing style.

I liked how she discribed Hagrids hands" he hand hands the size of trash can lids" That is HUGE

And how big or tiny is Dumbledore scar on his left knee? " I have one myself above my left knee that is a perfect map of the London Underground" Can you imagine this on your left knee? http://www.google.nl/images?hl=nl&source=imghp&q=map+of+the+London+Underground&btnG=Afbeeldingen+zoeken&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai= :D :D :D

I was wondering if schools in the UK have pupils walking with sticks like Dudley has (part of his uniform) Or is this just a fantasy of JK Rowling?

Was I the only one snickering when I read that Harry and the Dursley's went hiding to ISLE OF WIGHT? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Describing how Harry got his wand was EPIC! . Love it!

I thought that chpt 7 (the sorting hat) started a little bid boring.
You don't want to make me mad, give me some kool-aid Image

My twitter:http://twitter.com/Shahyra
natasha
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby cedvanhalen » Sun May 30, 2010 2:25 am

I actually haven't started re-reading yet (I know...shame shame..) but I just wanted to pop in and say that the first time I read it it took me a couple of chapters to get really sucked into the story. Don't get me wrong, I still liked the first chapters and all, it just took a couple to get REALLY excited about it. And I've tried to get my bf to read them a couple of times, but he always quits after the first chapter. Hey, at least he likes the movies....

I'm off to read now. It is def 1:30 am, but I will knock out a couple chapters tonight and be really ready to discuss tomorrow. It is never too late for some HP.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby JodieO » Sun May 30, 2010 11:30 am

natasha wrote:I was wondering if schools in the UK have pupils walking with sticks like Dudley has (part of his uniform) Or is this just a fantasy of JK Rowling?

Was I the only one snickering when I read that Harry and the Dursley's went hiding to ISLE OF WIGHT? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Describing how Harry got his wand was EPIC! . Love it!

I thought that chpt 7 (the sorting hat) started a little bid boring.[/b][/color]

I LOVE the description of Dudley's walking stick.
They also carried knobbly sticks, used for hitting each other while the teachers weren't looking. This was supposed to be good training for later life.

I also snickered over Marge vacationing in the Isle of Wight. I know now to never eat any welks should I go there. Whatever welks are... aren't they snails?

I never much cared for the Sorting Hat. I know it says important things, but I find it to be one of the more boring characters in the series.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby moaninmymouth » Sun May 30, 2010 2:39 pm

Yay, it started!

natasha wrote:
I liked how she discribed Hagrids hands" he hand hands the size of trash can lids" That is HUGE

I was wondering if schools in the UK have pupils walking with sticks like Dudley has (part of his uniform) Or is this just a fantasy of JK Rowling?

Yeah, she also described Hagrid's toes looking like little dolphins *snicker*

And I don't know about pupils in the UK, but I've been to Porto (a city in Portugal) this summer and I saw Harry Potters EVERYWHERE! They were strolling around in flocks, wearing these black uniforms, completed with black dress shoes and capes. The only thing missing were their wands. I didn't know whether to start laughing or ask to join them (kidding, that wasn't really an option.) Anyways, it turns out that they weren't maniacal HP fans, but that it was just their uniform (side note: not everyone had to wear it, the more conservative students chose to preserve tradition or something by doing so.) J.K. was apparently inspired by the outfit of Universidad de Porto students when she imagined the robes for Hogwarts (a friend and fellow fan told me so, I haven't checked to see if it's true.)
Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

it's twittah!
moaninmymouth
Fake Lesbian

Postby JellybeanRainbow » Sun May 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Book club started already? I'm already behind, as always, with everything. I have so many books on my nightstand at the moment. Plus I have to re-read Eclipse before LA trip. I'm starting to panic!!!!!! I hope I'll catch you by next week.
JellybeanRainbow
Fake Lesbian

Postby anna » Sun May 30, 2010 10:14 pm

I've started and have just finished chapter 6. I agree that the first chapters didn't do a lot to draw me in. As it got going and now that Harry has left the Dursley's I am finding it more interesting. I saw the first movie when it came out all those years ago and although I can't remember it much, little bits that I am reading have started to become familiar to me. I find it hard to read the descriptions of the main characters as my mind has already got them looking like the actors in the movies and I don't recall the gorgeous Emma Watson having large front teeth? I find it hard reading the book after seeing the movie and although I don't remember much about the movie I think I will enjoy the rest of the books more as my mind will be more of a clear slate regarding them.

I am in Australia so it's the middle of a cold winters day here (although I think my post will say that I typed it sometime in the early hours of the morning). So while some of you might be reading in the nice sunshine I am rugged up in front of the heater. Any other Aussies following these posts???

I was only able to get my hands on the 'Philosopher's Stone' version. Is their any major differences (besides the title of course) between this and the 'Sorcerer's Stone' version? I did read a post someone wrote stating that as of about book 3 there were no differences. Thought about doing a little google research about this and why and what had been changed but I don't want to come across any spoilers.

Thanks for organising this club. I look forward to reading what everyone thinks about the series as we go. :D
anna
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby JodieO » Sun May 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Bringing these two posts over from the intro thread...

Alexandra wrote:Like KayKay, I laughed during the introduction to the Dursleys and their Dudley. "No finer boy anywhere" indeed.

I absolutely love Hagrid. He may be my favorite character in the entire series. (Okay, not counting movie Cedric - there's just something about that boy. . . ;) )

I am reading the American versions, and I don't think I would have even noticed that some of the words have been Americanized if someone hadn't pointed it out. Now that I know, it makes me sad. They should have left it in the original form. It's not like it is a different language. Sheesh, we Americans aren't so stupid that they had to change the words for us, are we?

And when the snake says "Thanksss amigo." I LOL'd.

Kay Kay wrote:Okay, I'll start.
A) Virgins: These two chapters pretty much have really really really important information. Refer back to them throughout the series!
B) Those with the American versions- Does it bother you that the drawing on Ch1 is of an infant and Harry is supposed to be about 15 months?
C) I laughed about 15 times in the first 7 pages while it described the Dursleys. Hehe.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby natasha » Mon May 31, 2010 12:55 pm

JodieO wrote:Bringing these two posts over from the intro thread...

Alexandra wrote:Like KayKay, I laughed during the introduction to the Dursleys and their Dudley. "No finer boy anywhere" indeed.

I absolutely love Hagrid. He may be my favorite character in the entire series. (Okay, not counting movie Cedric - there's just something about that boy. . . ;) )

I am reading the American versions, and I don't think I would have even noticed that some of the words have been Americanized if someone hadn't pointed it out. Now that I know, it makes me sad. They should have left it in the original form. It's not like it is a different language. Sheesh, we Americans aren't so stupid that they had to change the words for us, are we?

And when the snake says "Thanksss amigo." I LOL'd.

Kay Kay wrote:Okay, I'll start.
A) Virgins: These two chapters pretty much have really really really important information. Refer back to them throughout the series!
B) Those with the American versions- Does it bother you that the drawing on Ch1 is of an infant and Harry is supposed to be about 15 months?
C) I laughed about 15 times in the first 7 pages while it described the Dursleys. Hehe.

I loved the " Thanksss amigo" too!
Lol I know right? (jessica stanley voice)
You don't want to make me mad, give me some kool-aid Image

My twitter:http://twitter.com/Shahyra
natasha
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby JodieO » Mon May 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Awwwh... SNIFF!

OliverPhelps Hair dye about to go on. The last time for George weasley. 10 years has come to this. I've lost count how many times it's been on. http://tweetphoto.com/24907432

James_Phelps People sometimes ask; how do I get ginger hair. My hair dresser Jenny has the secret... http://twitpic.com/1srkgo

Anyone else follow any of the HP peeps on Twitter? Sounds like filming for the last movie is winding down.
Mattdavelewis: So I rock up to Kings Cross. Been on the train a while. Rather tired. And some people are blocking the place up shooting a stupid movie.

TomFelton:@Mattdavelewis I got blocked by the same people! Such a nuisance! Sick of these little indie films jamming up London! Get a studio : ) x

Mattdavelewis: @TomFelton Haha, it's an outrage! Out of curiousity since I've now left King's Cross, how's it all gone? I heard it was...emotional!

TomFelton: @Mattdavelewis I'm tearing up as we tweet. It was special mate, What can I say......I'm tweetless x

TomFelton: what a wonderful few days at kings cross... its where it all started...[spoiler=Book 7 Prologue]i miss mrs malfoy and scorpius already
never felt so old than i did yesterday,not because of the make up&hair, but because of the kids we were working with, they were fantastic[/spoiler]
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby cedvanhalen » Mon May 31, 2010 4:08 pm

JodieO wrote:Awwwh... SNIFF!

OliverPhelps Hair dye about to go on. The last time for George weasley. 10 years has come to this. I've lost count how many times it's been on. http://tweetphoto.com/24907432

James_Phelps People sometimes ask; how do I get ginger hair. My hair dresser Jenny has the secret... http://twitpic.com/1srkgo

Anyone else follow any of the HP peeps on Twitter? Sounds like filming for the last movie is winding down.
Mattdavelewis: So I rock up to Kings Cross. Been on the train a while. Rather tired. And some people are blocking the place up shooting a stupid movie.

TomFelton:@Mattdavelewis I got blocked by the same people! Such a nuisance! Sick of these little indie films jamming up London! Get a studio : ) x

Mattdavelewis: @TomFelton Haha, it's an outrage! Out of curiousity since I've now left King's Cross, how's it all gone? I heard it was...emotional!

TomFelton: @Mattdavelewis I'm tearing up as we tweet. It was special mate, What can I say......I'm tweetless x

TomFelton: what a wonderful few days at kings cross... its where it all started...[spoiler=Book 7 Prologue]i miss mrs malfoy and scorpius already
never felt so old than i did yesterday,not because of the make up&hair, but because of the kids we were working with, they were fantastic[/spoiler]

Awwww..I follow Tom and Matt. When I saw this little convo go down the other day I got kinda sad. Not gonna lie. I can't believe it's almost all done.
ImageImageImageImage
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby sassysmart » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:56 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Finished through Chapter 7 last night and HELD off for Chapter 8 cause I didn't want to include my thoughts by mistake.

Chap 1:
- I agree with all about the illustration in the American version being a wee baby. [spoiler=Movie]He was a baby in the movie too and this just annoyed me[/spoiler]
- I love how JKR alluded to Dudley looking like a pig or how Harry always thought he did and then later what Hagrid did to him.
- JKR is a master at foreshadow.

Chap 3:
- The letters part drug on but once Chap 4 and harid came on it picked up. you can see JKR's immagination really start to unleash
- I also love how the letters are always addressed to where he is. The Cupboard, the Smallest Room, the Floor of the Hut
- I want to know what Dumbledore's letter to the Dursley's said...does anyone else wonder this?

Chap 5:
- The names of the course books crack me up, especially since the author names reflect the subject matter
pg. 66 (american HB) A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric SWITCH or The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self Protection by Quentin TRIMBLE
- Quirell [spoiler=Chap 17]How can he shake HP's hand now but can't touch him later? I thought because of his mothers protection charm Quirell (Voldemort) couldn't touch him. It was better explained and I think shown in the movie.[/spoiler]
- The description of the archway into Diagon Alley is wonderful. I love how every detail is there. I can just see the stacks of cauldrens and how Flourish and Blotts looks with all the whimsy and books to the ceiling.
- While they are shopping I really enjoy how Hagrid reels Harry in. Won't let him buy a solid gold cauldren but will allow him a good set of scales. I think it shows a responsible side of Hagrid
Where later with the dragon he isn't do muc

Chap 6:
- Besides Hagrid, Molly is my favorite character. I am not sure if it is the mother in me or what but I love how endeared she is to Harry right off the bat.

MY LAST POINT (I bet y'all are happy)

- Why was Ron allowed a RAT when the book list only said the students could have an OWL or a TOAD or a CAT?
[spoiler=Book 3]I know why come Prisoner but still[/spoiler]
SassySmart
sassysmart
Not a Bear

Postby J-9 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:50 am

JodieO wrote: For you old-timers, is there a specific point here in the beginning where you begin to really feel the magic?

I was really, really happy reading the first few chapters this weekend. You couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face, as I knew this was the beginning of it all. I've only read the books once through, so I actually feel like I'm reading them for the first time since I first read Sorcerer's Stone back in 2000 I think!

To answer the question, the magic has always began for me as soon as Harry enters Diagon Alley. In the movie I always feel as awe struck as Harry does, and I LOVE that the book's description is SO much like the movie. In fact, so much of the book is word for word in the movie, which I never noticed before. It is a real testament to JK Rowling's writing. She flippin rules!

Can't wait to read what the HP virgins think thus far!
J-9
Bouffant Brusher

Postby J-9 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 am

sassysmart wrote:- I want to know what Dumbledore's letter to the Dursley's said...does anyone else wonder this?

I've always wanted to know this too.

- Quirell [spoiler=Chap 17]How can he shake HP's hand now but can't touch him later? I thought because of his mothers protection charm Quirell (Voldemort) couldn't touch him. It was better explained and I think shown in the movie.[/spoiler]

I was JUST thinking this last night! I was actually trying to find a reasonable explanation for why he could. Like was he wearing gloves? [spoiler=Chap 17]Or is it because he's not completely possessed by Voldemort at this point?[/spoiler]
J-9
Bouffant Brusher

Postby lori_seals » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 am

JodieO wrote:I'm curious to hear how you HP virgins find the beginning. Does it automatically suck you in and make you want to read more or are you still wondering what all the fuss is about?

A book has to be REALLY bad for me to put it down. LOL! But I think it got me with the descriptions of Hagrid. Love it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 am

J-9 wrote:
sassysmart wrote:

I was JUST thinking this last night! I was actually trying to find a reasonable explanation for why he could. Like was he wearing gloves? [spoiler=Chap 17]Or is it because he's not completely possessed by Voldemort at this point?[/spoiler]

That's what I was thinking, too.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:30 am

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:I'm curious to hear how you HP virgins find the beginning. Does it automatically suck you in and make you want to read more or are you still wondering what all the fuss is about?

A book has to be REALLY bad for me to put it down. LOL! But I think it got me with the descriptions of Hagrid. Love it.

I LOVE Hagrid so much. He is the best part of the series, IMO. I just want to give him big hugs through the whole thing, though like Sassy, I absolutely love Molly Weasley. I'd love to spend a week at her house letting her mother all over me!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:35 am

sassysmart wrote:YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Finished through Chapter 7 last night and HELD off for Chapter 8 cause I didn't want to include my thoughts by mistake.

Chap 1:
- I agree with all about the illustration in the American version being a wee baby. [spoiler=Movie]He was a baby in the movie too and this just annoyed me[/spoiler]
- I love how JKR alluded to Dudley looking like a pig or how Harry always thought he did and then later what Hagrid did to him.
- JKR is a master at foreshadow.

- Why was Ron allowed a RAT when the book list only said the students could have an OWL or a TOAD or a CAT?
[spoiler=Book 3]I know why come Prisoner but still[/spoiler]

Sassy, you are one smart lady. I guess that's why it's your name! In the 8-10 times I have read this book I never picked up on any of those things. I'm reading the UK version of Sorcerer's Stone (thank you, BB!) and I'm totally sad that there are no illustrations at all. I do love the illustrations in the American version even if they don't look like how I picture the characters.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby sassysmart » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:27 pm

JodieO wrote:
J-9 wrote:"sassysmart"- Quirell [spoiler=Chap 17]How can he shake HP's hand now but can't touch him later? I thought because of his mothers protection charm Quirell (Voldemort) couldn't touch him. It was better explained and I think shown in the movie.[/spoiler]

That's what I was thinking, too.[/quote]

Not sure.
[spoiler=Chap 17]Cause he went to Gringots that day to steal the stone. So I would IMAGINE that he was. And speaking of...how creepy is it that the thing in the forest was QUIRELL drinking the unicorn blood? Gross.[/spoiler]
SassySmart
sassysmart
Not a Bear

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Jodie, thanks for bringing my post about the first 2 chapters over from the intro thread. Since I only included the first 2 chapters in my earlier post, here's my comments about chap 3-7.

I love when Hagrid gives Dudley the pig tail! He so deserved it! I like the fact that the book included that he had to be taken to London to have it removed before school started. (In the movie, Harry leaves with Hagrid and then after his visit to Diagon Alley, he goes straight to Platform 9 3/4.)

And speaking of Hagrid, poor Hagrid, he gets sick on the cart ride in Gringotts. :(

When they finally got to Platform 9 3/4 I loved the introduction of the whole Weasley clan.
Last edited by Alexandra on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Kaet » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:38 pm

J-9 wrote:
sassysmart wrote:- I want to know what Dumbledore's letter to the Dursley's said...does anyone else wonder this?

I've always wanted to know this too.

[spoiler=Chapter 17]I think it is that he's not properly possessed... he says to Harry that "When I failed to steal the Stone from Gringotts he was most displeased. He punished me... decided he would have to keep a closer watch on me..." so as he's not attempted to steal it just yet (as Hagrid removes it after meeting him in the Leaky Cauldron), Voldemort is just "using" him rather than sharing his body.[/spoiler]
Kaet
Swiftner Lover

Postby Kaet » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:47 pm

I love the way they describe Uncle Vernon and how he goes madder and madder in his attempts to stop the letters from reaching Harry:

"After burning all the letters he got out a hammer and nails and boarded up the cracks around the front and back doors so no one could go out. He hummed "Tiptoe through the Tulips" as he worked and jumped at small noises"

and later when he drives around getting out of the car in a forest, a field, a bridge and a carpark before going in the rowing boat to the island with "rations" of 4 packets of crisps and 4 bananas.

And the feast at Hogwarts, with all the food described and there's mint humbugs along with the dinner... I always think they must be a favourite of Dumbledore's along with the sherbet lemons that he offers Professor McGonagall in chapter 1.
Kaet
Swiftner Lover

Postby cedvanhalen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Ok, some thoughts on the first chapters:
1. I like how Aunt Petunia has all of these baby names for Dudley. And for some reason he just takes it without embarrassment. Even when his friends are around. (Also, I just realized that Petunia and Lily are both flowers....don't really mean anything, but still...)

2. Like everyone else is saying, I love Hagrid. I don't know if he is my very favorite character, but he is one of them. I love how he just kept pulling random crap out of his coat.

3. Like Sassy said, I have always wondered why Ron was allowed to bring a rat. And are a toad and a cat really all that useful?

4. I think Diagon Alley is where I really start to get into the story. We are finally able to see the wizarding world with Harry and this is where it gets interesting and more fun for me.

5. JK is the foreshadowing queen. [spoiler=Deathly Hallows]I started underlining the parts that would come up later and freaking out about how Hagrid was talking about Gringots and how you'd be crazy to try to rob it. And the dragon.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Prisoner of Azkaban]And when Hagrid says, "There's not a single witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin." Well, I do believe we have one bad Gryffindor with Wormtail here....[/spoiler]

6. I want to be a Weasley. They are my favorite fictional family. I want to hang out with Fred and George and marry Ron.
ImageImageImageImage
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby cedvanhalen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Oh! Also, I found this part funny:
"'I've g-got to p-pick up a new b-book on vampires, m-myself.' He looked terrified at the very thought"
Ohhhhhhh Prof Quirrell.....apparently he is not a Twilighter...
ImageImageImageImage
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Other