Go to footer

Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby emmeloowhoo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:19 pm

it's that time again -- to be a loser! it's fun and losers everywhere are keeping this going...

I hope to be around more this time since it's summer but if you need anything Cdubs can always help...

Here are the details:


You'll earn points (10 points per day, total of 70 points per week) and it's an honor system, up to you to enter your point totals in the google spreadsheet by Sunday night. If you want to be included, all you have to do is go to this Google Spreadsheetand enter the information requested. I'll communicate through here and we'll do 12 weeks (to September 26th) and see where we end up. If it's going well, we can always keep going!

Why would you do this? other then it's cool and you want to be one of the cool kids? The person with the most points will get a prize.

Points are earned for the following activities:


1) Sleep 7 hrs/per night (Naps can take up the slack)
2) Drink 64 oz. water
3) Exercise 20 minutes
4) Be ready to present myself to the world by 11am
5) Eat 3 servings of fruit or 2 servings of vegetables
6) Enjoy no more then two (2) small treats/per day
7) Take 20 minutes for yourself. Wheather you watch TV, read ff, sit in a dark closet and rock. Just something for you, to you and about you. You decide.
8) Spend 20 minutes outside. Walk, garden, pool, or just stand outside the door and curse us but be outside
9) Finish eating by 10 pm
10) Wild Card - this will change every week


Notes:
1. Because we need a day of rest, one day a week, you get the exercise point if you substitute the exercise for something in-kind, like a nap, reading a book.
2. You will receive 4 sick days. On the sick days, substitute sleep for both exercise AND make myself presentable to the world by 11am.
3. You will receive 3 vacation days. Use them for real vacations, staycations, your birthday or just because you feel like it. On these days you receive the full 10 points when you spend at least an 1 1/2 hours doing something that is very nurturing to you.

Wild Card


Week 1:(July 5-11) If you're in and going to do the challenge, introduce yourself. If you're new tell us why you decided to join. If you're a returning loser tell us why you're coming back. And everyone please tell us which of the twilight books is your favorite and why. You get all 7 wild card points when you do this.

Week 2: (July 12-18)Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We've all heard it and yet few of us do it. Let's start this right and committ ourselves to eating breakfast every morning this week. And then share with us what yummy breakfast you had. You get a wild card point for each day that you do this. No breakfast no point

Week 3: (July 19-25) Make it your goal this week to complete a project you've been putting off. Organizing the garage. Call your estranged whomever. Just do it! Tell us what it is and how it's going/went. You get all 7 wild card points when you do this

Week 4: (July 26-Aug 1) I see you overthere starting to slack off. Oh, I won't check today I'll do it tomorrow. Well, I'm on to you! This week, please check in with the thread every day. Even if it's just a quick drive by post "hey, im alive. can't talk" but please check in. It's good for everybody and we miss you when you're not around. You get a wild card point for each day that you do this. No post no point

Week 5:(Aug 2-8) Write a letter to someone. Everybody loves to get stuff in the mail. It reminds the person that they're loved and thought about. It can be anybody, relative, friend, estranged someone, significant other. You get all 7 wild card points when you do this.

Week 6: (Aug 9-15) This wild card is wild!! You get 2 choices this week. You can either find another LTT friend who has a blog and comment on their blog OR send a PM through LTT to someone who has less posts then you do (IE if you're Taylor's work out buddy send a PM to someone who is a Buttcrack Santa) Try to do someone you may not know well, make a new friend. If you're a Virgin, find someone who's newer then you! You can do one one day are the other one another day, it doesn't matter, but you must do either one of these things each day. You get a wild card point for each day you do this. No comment or PM no point for you

Week 7: (Aug 16-22) Do something nice for somebody. Help an old lady cross the street, make dinner for your friend who's sick, buy a coffee for a homeless person. The possibilites are endless. Just spread the love. You get all 7 wild card points when you do this

Week 8: (Aug 23-29) Make your meals everyday this week. This is a great way to save calories (since we always eat more when we go out) but also money and it's a great opportunity to finally get to that can of whatever that's been in the back of the pantry for a couple of years. You get a wild card point for each day that you do this. If you eat out, order in, or hit the grocery store deli (that's right, no loopholes) no point for you

Week 9: (Aug 30-Sept 5) This week we're going to find the silver lining if it kills us! Everday, please share with us something you're thankful for. It can be as big or small as you want it to be. You can be thankful for the fact that you're alive or because you have enough milk for your morning coffee. Just focus on the positive. You get a wild card point for each day that you do this.

Week 10: (Sept 6-12) Because we're not about one size fits all. This week, pick something YOU need to focus on. You get to pick your Wild Card but you must post in here and tell us what it is and why it deserves a wild card point.

Week 11: (Sept 3-19) We are almost to the end. You've worked hard, you've stuck with it, what do you say this week you push yourself just a bit. Whatever that may mean for you. If you've been walking for 20 minutes, this week walk for 30 or jog for 20. Whatever it is, push your exerscie a little bit and tell us how you do. You get a wild card point for day you do this. No pushing no point

Week 12: (Sept 20-26) You've made it! It's the last week! You've lost some weight. You need new clothes! Let's celebrate by buying one new piece of underwear, whether bra, sports bra, panties or even something SMEXY! This is to remind us that even though no one can see what we are wearing, we know we are wearing it -- and it feels great!
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
User avatar
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby cdubs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:10 am

Good morning all! Another hot sticky day here in TX. Had an awesome day both with points and just all around! We went to the arboretum which is just some fancy garden where they charge a lot of money to park and get it. Im not a flower kind of girl but they were having a petting zoo for the children and Eric and I have goat radars. If there's a goat within a 50 mile radius we will find and pet it! So it was nice, we had a good time - one of these days I'll get around to posting some pix.
Also, the guinea pig Pepita, had been lost since saturday and yesterday it was found!
Most importantly I went to see eclipse at the imax and holy sweet baby jesus! that was amazing! I did not have any butter smothered popcorn and there were 2 guys bythemselves sitting next to us! Amy, I wanted to give them our "rent-a-gay" card so they could come work for us!!! I couldn't muster up the courage to try to sneak a pix to show you guys.
And then I got a 10 so woot woot!
In other news, my computer is still broken - i am uber sad about it. I'm not the worst, but I'm certainly not the best at backing up so I'm looking at some serious data loss here. I'm still holding out hope but it's not looking good. I just can't even begin to think about it, i think when they finally say im screwed im going to loose it!
Sam help me out here with the lose and loose (im really bad with those)
Gina - I love the idea of the garden with your daughter, it totally makes sense! You're such a nice thoughful mom! And use us and abuse us girlfriend! we like it rough :)
Lisa - I am SO sad for you! I am so sorry you're having such a crappy time and Mr. seattle is behaving like a baby! it's not like you went around licking elevator buttons as part of an evil scheme to avoid his mother and ruin his (and yours) vacation. Because being sick is just so much fucking fun!
I hope Mr. seattle gets himself in check and that you feel better soon! I'll be sending positive healing thoughts your way!
Courtney - next time somebody says "hey, lets go on an awesome vacation to vegas and hawaii" i want you to say "no thanks my girls will miss me" we're glad to have you back!
Amy - I'm glad your brother in law quit the seminary - it sounds like he might not have been a good fit :)
User avatar
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: TX


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 am

cdubs wrote:...but they were having a petting zoo for the children and Eric and I have goat radars. If there's a goat within a 50 mile radius we will find and pet it!

Also, the guinea pig Pepita, had been lost since saturday and yesterday it was found!
Most importantly I went to see eclipse at the imax and holy sweet baby jesus! that was amazing!


okay i snorted while reading this...
1) i watched men who stare at goats yesterday, weird film but they were talking about sensing the goats and stuff - you made me think of the movie
2) my boss calls me emmelito me pepito which by nature of spanish verbage means i'm a boy and not pepita but i laugh that the guinea pig's name is pepita! heee! :D

3) and most importantly, don't shoot me... the imax that Rob and Kstew were at? yeah walking distance from my house. yeah, the theatre I saw imax in last week. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS!!! i totally would have gone last night. i was just cleaning my room and watching reruns of the other vampires (buffy) on netflix...
i am fan fail :(

As you may have seen today, the winners were announced as was this thread so hopefully going to get a few stragglers. both UC & Moon are moving/have moved so there might be a few more visitors to the thread then normal!
Congrats to all the winners and yay for v4! I promise to try and stop by more and better this thread!
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
User avatar
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby rpattzlawyer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:27 am

So, I'm rpattzlawyer. https://twitter.com/rpattzlawyer. Due to my ADHD, I've already forgotten what it is that we're supposed to write here. Fuck. Oh, I remember. So, my fave Twi book is a toss up between the first and Eclipse. The first just because it's such a compelling story, and Eclipse because its the funniest.

I decided to join bc, for the first time in my life, I'm actually trying to lose weight. Yup, in the 9 years that I've been with my Edward (that's really his name), I've managed to put on 75 lbs. I blame him entirely. Luckily, I'm tall. But with law school and all that crap, I never really had time to get back in shape (hard to believe, but I was a track star in high school/college). Also, I'm really lazy. :shock:

So I officially decided to start getting in shape at the end of March, when I started my new job. So far I've lost 15 lbs and 3 inches. That is largely due to Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred and the fact that, in the last month, I stopped eating meat. Anyway, I'm joining this because it looks like I can still be pretty lazy while doing it, and the 30 day shred actually fits within my 20 min. max workout time. Also because UC and I have the same name. SPELLED THE SAME!! It's crazy.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
rpattzlawyer
Swiftner Lover
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:39 pm
Location: NY


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:35 am

Morning! It's me! I'm gonna try to do this thing again. I'm always good for a few days and then I slack off, but I recently saw some photos of myself and HOLY MOLEY! Well, it wasn't good. I'll do my best this time, but as ever I will struggle with the water point (because if I added up all the liquid I drink in a day it still wouldn't add up to 64 oz) and the sleep point, because I'm a 6-hour sleeper, but I'm going to give it a try!

For those of you who don't know my I'm JodieO and I help mod the daily thread and the Harry Potter Book Club thread (which you are all still welcome to join). I live in Maine and I'm a crazy cat lady (see avi) and I have a love/hate relationship with summer. Hi, Everybody!

Lastly, my favorite book is Eclipse because I just love me a good brocade bedspread.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:40 am

emmeloowhoo wrote:3) and most importantly, don't shoot me... the imax that Rob and Kstew were at? yeah walking distance from my house. yeah, the theatre I saw imax in last week. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS!!! i totally would have gone last night. i was just cleaning my room and watching reruns of the other vampires (buffy) on netflix...
i am fan fail :(


Hah! I was watching reruns of Angel on netflix last night. Hee! =)

Sadly the nearest imax to me is 2.5 hours away and we wouldn't have even gotten Kid Killed By Jasper to come visit ours. Sad.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby cdubs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:15 pm

emmeloowhoo wrote:3) and most importantly, don't shoot me... the imax that Rob and Kstew were at? yeah walking distance from my house. yeah, the theatre I saw imax in last week. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS!!! i totally would have gone last night. i was just cleaning my room and watching reruns of the other vampires (buffy) on netflix...
i am fan fail :(

oh man! they made an appearance? together?? i thought it was agains the rules for them to show up anywhere without a chaprone! was it a surprise thing? man and an imax 2 blocks from your home? totes jealous! i had to drive 45 minutes! I guess that's not as bad as JodieO though so I shouldn't complaint!
Welcome rpattzlawyer! i'm so glad you're here! there's a bunch of us trying to run and love company/people who know stuff and if you were a track runner that qualifies you as our resident expert!
Welcome JoideO! 3rd time's the charm girlfriend! you can do it!! water and sleep: you're dead!
Ok, turtle tank is clean, guinea pig's cage has new bedding, dogs are bathed, nails are trimmed, stove, microwave and litter box are clean. picked up poop in the yard, went to the pool. ok, what's next?
User avatar
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: TX


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 pm

cdubs wrote:
emmeloowhoo wrote:3) and most importantly, don't shoot me... the imax that Rob and Kstew were at? yeah walking distance from my house. yeah, the theatre I saw imax in last week. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS!!! i totally would have gone last night. i was just cleaning my room and watching reruns of the other vampires (buffy) on netflix...
i am fan fail :(

oh man! they made an appearance? together?? i thought it was agains the rules for them to show up anywhere without a chaprone! was it a surprise thing? man and an imax 2 blocks from your home? totes jealous! i had to drive 45 minutes! I guess that's not as bad as JodieO though so I shouldn't complaint!
Welcome rpattzlawyer! i'm so glad you're here! there's a bunch of us trying to run and love company/people who know stuff and if you were a track runner that qualifies you as our resident expert!
Welcome JoideO! 3rd time's the charm girlfriend! you can do it!! water and sleep: you're dead!
Ok, turtle tank is clean, guinea pig's cage has new bedding, dogs are bathed, nails are trimmed, stove, microwave and litter box are clean. picked up poop in the yard, went to the pool. ok, what's next?


It's ok. Dean was there. ;)
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby cedvanhalen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi all! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Pretty much did nothing all day. It's my sister's birthday too (she was born 3 years later though..) so she came home. Went out to the grandparent's house for dinner, where my grandma made fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Let's just say I'm glad I can get the 10 points on my birthday.....It was also the bf's nephew's 2nd birthday (I share with a lot of people...) so I headed to his party for a little bit. Spongebob party FTW.

Ok, so re-introduction. Um..I'm doing this again because I enjoy you all. And Mom's getting married in a couple of weeks, so I could use some shaping up for that. Favorite Twilight book: Eclipse. I just feel like there's so much to it. The Edward/Bella/Jacob triangle. The Edward and Bella romance. The battle with the newborns. All awesome.

Alright, I have to go start packing. I move to the city tomorrow so I need to get some stuff together. Job starts on Thursday. Pretty excited.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
User avatar
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: MO yo!


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby SeattleLisa » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:28 pm

For the newcomers, here's part of yesterday's intro from the old thread:

Why am I returning to this challenge? Let me count the ways:

1. I love you all. Seriously. How can I not when you so courageously share your struggles, your triumphs, your tragedies, your bragging days, your love? I've made real friends here and I appreciate you so much.
2. I feel accepted here even though I feel like the outsider for being the (possibly) oldest, the heaviest, the most boringly sober (for now), the most tech-tarded woman here, the one who may dislike Breaking Dawn the most. haha
3. I have never been able to lose this much weight (25+ lbs) in one shot, keep (most of) it off and follow through as I have. I stumbled a lot in the last challenge but I did not quit. That's a first for me, in my 30 year struggle to lose weight.
4. You all accept my working through my issues in long winded posts, struggling with binge eating disorder and general whiney-ness without hurting my feelings, flaming me, telling me to suck it up and get a life, other people out there have real problems, etc. Again, acceptance. That is key. Your acceptance of me is helping me to love and accept myself more. <<<-----Also key to letting the weight go.
5. It is SO fun to get on here and brag about the cyclist I've become. *Still* over 200 lbs but it sure tickles me to kick the asses of other cyclists out on the trail. I LOVE to come back here and tell you about it.

Which is my favorite Twilight book? If we're talking "unofficial", that would have to be Midnight Sun because I love, love, love Edward and his POV is so much better than Bella's, IMO. Officially I love "Eclipse" the best because Edward has accepted his love for Bella, he doesn't struggle anymore to not kill her, I LOVED that he was *willing* to give into her sexual demands (in the meadow at the end- HOT!), the Leghitch, and finally, the tent scene was my favorite scene from all the books. (I haven't cracked open Eclipse in a long time <thank you, ff!> but I think I'm remembering all that correctly from the book- not the movie?) Well, the pillow biting scene from BD would have been my favorite scene had Edward not ruined it by harshing on Bella's afterglow groove the morning after.

Ok, back to my regularly scheduled vacation. I won't post again until next Tuesday. I hope you all had a great 4th and that you feel refreshed, rejuvenated and ready for this next challenge. I *am* going to take more weight off, put several hundred more miles on my bike and get closer to joining you runners out there. I SO want in your group and I know the only way in is to earn it through sweat!

(((((group hugs))))


Today's update:
I am technically on vacation with hubby but we have not been able to leave Seattle yet because I'm suffering from a bad cold. I'm on Day 2 of using my Challenge Sick Days but thankfully I'm feeling a bit better today compared to yesterday.

Em & Claudia- Will you please revise sick days a little? I was in my jammies all day yesterday and there was no going outside for me. Since I'm in a top floor apartment with no balcony, going outside onto the sidewalk isn't conducive to staying in jammies all day. ;) Instead I just doubled up on my 20 minutes of doing something for myself since I was bound and determined not to lose any points.

Ok, we're going to try and leave Seattle at some point today (fingers crossed) so I'll see you all in the forum next Tuesday. Have a great week!
User avatar
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:26 pm
Location: just east of Forks


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby cdubs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:44 pm

JodieO wrote:It's ok. Dean was there. ;)

wheew! thank goodness for dean!
User avatar
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: TX


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby obava » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Post 1 of 2:
Amy- Congrats on your new goal, and know that I’m so inspired by your having lost weight during the last challenge. Talk about the run all you want- you SHOULD be bragging! I learned everything I know about weight training from my friend’s husband who was in the Coast Guard- when they aren’t saving people, they are working out. So my suggestion is to find a friend who has a very hawt husband who is in the Coast Guard and will distract you during workouts with sexy talk and nice views of his very fine butt. Posting photos successfully is another goal of mine (see post 2 of 2)! Emme tried to explain it to me but I didn’t even understand some of the words she used. So I will go to my fall-back plan- fuck around with it until I get it to work :D . Imma go out on a limb here and say you cannot sub staring out the window for outside time, but you CAN sub staring IN the window. And yes, salsa counts as a veggie! I, too, am pro-gay and in desperate need of a gay bestie. Preferably one that I can make out with :o

Lisa- Yay for you losing all that weight and not quitting- you seriously have had a lot of shitty things going on this year, and you were always positive and supportive of us. You deserve that award, big time! And everytime I get on my bike, I think of you. Husbands being ginormous dicks and big fat babies are the #1 reason I am not married. Like I need that shit in my life. I applaud those of you who can still stand (and still love!) your husbands when they act like Mr. Seattle :lol: .

Courtney- Please remind me- did you get a job in PDX and that’s why you moved there? If so, I am the only new grad out of us 3 on here still without a job- I better get busy :?

Claudia- Sorry about your ‘puter. Saying "that sucks" prolly doesn’t help much, huh. But look at you getting the house and all the pets clean and de-pooped! “ok, what's next?” you ask? A cocktail (or 3) is next! :P

Emme- Nice to see you! You said “both UC & Moon are moving/have moved so there might be a few more visitors to the thread then normal!” I don’t understand this. What does their moving have to do with visitors to the thread?

Rpattzlawyer- WELCOME! It’s nice to see a new face here! Wow, that is really weird that your name is also “unintendedchoice.” What are the odds?? :lol:

JodieOOOOOO- Hiya lady! Welcome back! OK, help me out with this- I’ve gotten LTT and RL confused lately (actually, happens a lot with me)- is Steve or Dean his real name?

Whitney- As your fellow BLv3 RL graduate, CONGRATS on your move and new job! Are you & Amy going to meet up? I’m jealous!!!

Now, about me...
User avatar
obava
Twilosophy Major
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:43 am
Location: Rocky Mountains, USA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby obava » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Post 2 of 2:
Warning- food porn ahead! (maybe we should get those spoiler boxes like the HP thread has) Last night Sophie (my 14 year old daughter) and I went to The Melting Pot in the big(gish) city- my sister had taken her there on their way to Sasquatch and she loved it so much she begged me to take her (like it was really hard to talk me into going to the “best restaurant she’s ever been to”). So I took her for her moving away dinner. And it was really, really good! Sophie kept warning me not to eat too much because she said each course was going to be better than the last. We had the spinach artichoke cheese fondue with breads and veggies and apples, ceasar salads (I love caesars and am very picky and these were sooo good!), and meats (teriyaki sirloin, duck, white shrimp, some kinda pork, chicken breast, cedar smoked salmon, potstickers, and filet mignon) with all these awesome sauces (awesomesauce!). Then we had the dark chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, rice crispy treats, brownies, pound cake, and graham cracker & oreo marshmallows. I also had a glass of reisling, but nursed it for 3 hours and only finished half of it because I had over 55 miles to still drive to get home and despite my training, I am still somehwat of a lightweight. We both wore dresses with lots of food baby room, but were still so full we said we were going to have to take our underwear off as soon as we got back to the car :lol: . It was good food and we had fun, but it was brutally expensive. And you can’t just pick & choose the dippers you want- I hate shrimp, so I certainly would not have chosen to pay over a dollar per shrimp.

Whew I am hungry now!

I am cancelling my attempt to post pics of Sophie’s Faerie Garden. I forgot you can't see pics from my FB or my twitter accounts. :x

xo obava
User avatar
obava
Twilosophy Major
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:43 am
Location: Rocky Mountains, USA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:46 pm

obava wrote:Post 1 of 2:

Emme- Nice to see you! You said “both UC & Moon are moving/have moved so there might be a few more visitors to the thread then normal!” I don’t understand this. What does their moving have to do with visitors to the thread?



:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
um i blame this on the fact that i was 1/2 asleep when i wrote that post...

i meant that they didn't advertise the loser v.4 until today because they were busy with leghitch and moving... so now that they've advertised it in today's posts there will be visitors and newbies :)

there that is the train of my thought...
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
User avatar
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:47 pm

obava wrote:JodieOOOOOO- Hiya lady! Welcome back! OK, help me out with this- I’ve gotten LTT and RL confused lately (actually, happens a lot with me)- is Steve or Dean his real name?


His real name is Dean. I think they called him Steve before they learned what his real name is.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16138
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby cdubs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:32 pm

obava wrote: I, too, am pro-gay

i feel like that chapter from breaking dawn when all the different covens start declaring their allegiances.
"we'll fight with the cullens"
"I, too, am pro-gay"
i guess this is a good a time as any then to say that i hope hope hope that my kid is gay

Gina, your post about the melting pot was totally like skinemax for food - if you had said something like "as the warm velvety chocolate enveloped the hard cold strawberry with its warmth i took a bite not letting a single drop escape" i think i would have had a food orgasm. and thx for asking about the moving/visitors connection. i too wondered, but didn't know if i was just out of the loop. and if it's not prying - why is your daughter moving away? you really do sound like a cool mom, from your story it sounds like you and your daughter get along great! so she's not trying to escape from you and she's not going to college - she's 14...
and how do you think a 2 (almost 3) yo would do at the melting pot? there's one nearby and now i want to go to there
User avatar
cdubs
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: TX


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby txtwihard » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:08 pm

I never know what to say in these things... Hi my name is Lydia (txtwihard) and I wanna lose weight so that I can actually do some of positions that I read about in fanfic lemons, without giving my husband permanent back problems. Then if I ever get to meet Rob I have some chance of convincing him to reenact the wall sex scene from Remember Me. Right now, he would pull a groin muscle and have to get butt massages again (wait a minute maybe that's not such a bad thing).

All kidding aside I really need to do this for myself, I have let having children and being a wife take precedence over my own health and I need to put myself first for awhile. I know that my husband and kids will benefit too. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

My favorite Twilight book is the first because it was like the gateway drug that got me hooked on this craziness. Eclipse is a close second, Leg hitch anyone?
txtwihard
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:49 pm


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:10 pm

txtwihard wrote:I never know what to say in these things... Hi my name is Lydia (txtwihard) and I wanna lose weight so that I can actually do some of positions that I read about in fanfic lemons, without giving my husband permanent back problems. Then if I ever get to meet Rob I have some chance of convincing him to reenact the wall sex scene from Remember Me. Right now, he would pull a groin muscle and have to get butt massages again (wait a minute maybe that's not such a bad thing).

All kidding aside I really need to do this for myself, I have let having children and being a wife take precedence over my own health and I need to put myself first for awhile. I know that my husband and kids will benefit too. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

My favorite Twilight book is the first because it was like the gateway drug that got me hooked on this craziness. Eclipse is a close second, Leg hitch anyone?


welcome welcome - you're awesome and hysterical! i want to know what fanfics w/ lemons you're reading because that sounds acrobatic! :)

it's awesome to have you here!
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
User avatar
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby team_sixpack » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 pm

Week 1:(July 5-11) If you're in and going to do the challenge, introduce yourself. If you're new tell us why you decided to join. If you're a returning loser tell us why you're coming back. And everyone please tell us which of the twilight books is your favorite and why. You get all 7 wild card points when you do this


Hello, I'm team_sixpack aka laura. I'm brand spakin new to the forums, but read LTT and LTR pretty regularly. I'm a twi-blogger as well I can be found at various places on the interwebs... I wish I could think of more to say right now but I'm uber tired (played soccer in 99degree F weather tonight) and I have to get up at 5:30 am for bootcamp. I guess I'm one of those crazy active people that works out 5-6 days a week and I'm going to start half marathon training as well. I'm joining this because I still have another 20lbs+ to lose on my weight loss journey and I liked the idea that it was not just about stressing over diets but that we'll be doing good things for others and for ourselves.

My favorite book of the series is Eclipse because I liked the action and the heart felt conversations between Edward, Bella and Jacob.
Edward! Squeee!
User avatar
team_sixpack
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:14 pm


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby emmeloowhoo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 pm

team_sixpack wrote:
Week 1:(July 5-11) If you're in and going to do the challenge, introduce yourself. If you're new tell us why you decided to join. If you're a returning loser tell us why you're coming back. And everyone please tell us which of the twilight books is your favorite and why. You get all 7 wild card points when you do this


Hello, I'm team_sixpack aka laura. I'm brand spakin new to the forums, but read LTT and LTR pretty regularly. I'm a twi-blogger as well I can be found at various places on the interwebs... I wish I could think of more to say right now but I'm uber tired (played soccer in 99degree F weather tonight) and I have to get up at 5:30 am for bootcamp. I guess I'm one of those crazy active people that works out 5-6 days a week and I'm going to start half marathon training as well. I'm joining this because I still have another 20lbs+ to lose on my weight loss journey and I liked the idea that it was not just about stressing over diets but that we'll be doing good things for others and for ourselves.

My favorite book of the series is Eclipse because I liked the action and the heart felt conversations between Edward, Bella and Jacob.



Hi Laura and welcome!!! I heard you also have a blog... Share it with us! We're all quite supportive of everyone's journey and struggles!

Can't wait to get to know you better!
ImageImageImageImageImage
All's Fair in Love & Twilight
User avatar
emmeloowhoo
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby delilah439 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:36 am

Hello all!! This is my first post on the forum, normally I just skulk about here for fanfic recs ;). Anyhoozle my name is Delilah and I am joining up with this for a myriad of reasons. I have always been a busty curvy gal and been very loud and proud of it. Lately however it's been getting harder to be loud and proud 'cause I can't catch my breath after walking up the stairs! :( so for the most part it's cause I need to be healthy again. Also I love fashion and my ass is getting in the way of all the cute stuff I wanna buy!! So I joined weight watchers about 6 months ago and was doing well but I have lost some steam, so I'm hoping this will get me back on track. And I LOVE how y'all focus of stuff that's good for the soul as well as the belly!!!! That makes me super happy. Ohhh also I should mention, I work in catering and am obsessed with food so holla if u need recipes or cooking advice :). So food and ltt are pretty much my life. Oh and my dog. Oh and my hubby. :) but I digress. Right now I'm tempted to say that eclipse is my fave book but I'm not sure if that's only 'cause I just saw the movie and it's bangin!! But I do remember reading it and getting to the sexy gold brocade scene, calling my friend who got me into it and screaming "are they gonna do it????? I can't handle the sexual tension anymore!!!!". So yeah I think it always was eclipse :)
User avatar
delilah439
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:15 am


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby gabi20g » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:04 am

Hola everybody!!!! Im Gaby, and I just found out about this... Since I have been trying to lose weight (on my own, and not even the gym is helping) I've always been the chubby girl, and well getting tired of it.. Im graduating from College in a year and by then I want to look better... So I figure that motivation is what i needed so hopefully this will work!!!!

Is a two-way tie between New Moon and Eclipse.. In New Moon every time I read it I seem to get encouragement about something that is going on with me then, so I have become quite attached to it. Eclipse cause well is Eclipse!!! lol
Gracias!! for doing this yall and if there is anybody in the Katy area let me know that way we can be work out buddies or something... :)
gabi20g
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:21 pm
Location: Katy, Texas


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby Courtney_0624 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:23 am

Hey Ladies!

I just got back from watching Eclipse in IMAX! I have to say, Edward looks so gorgeous on the BIG, BIG screen! :)

I am trying really hard to get my head in the game because I have a wedding next weekend and the bride just informed me that she's trying to set me up with one of the groomsmen! It was always my plan to lose some weight before the wedding, but now she goes and puts the pressure on like that! Anyways, the dress is being hemmed so I won't be able to try it on until about 5 days before I leave for the wedding. I'm crossing my fingers I will look ok in it cause there's not much I can do at this point. Anyways, it's so nice to hear from everyone......

Claudia - Thanks for the welcome back! It's nice to be back! Hooray for Pepita being found!

rpattzlawyer - Welcome! I used to do the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred too! Someone took it from me, or I lent it to someone and can't remember who, but I really need to get it back! She kicks your ass! Literally!

JodieO - It's never too late to give the challenge another try! Glad your here! I might have to join the Harry Potter book club as soon as my Mom gives my back my copy of Deathly Hallows!

Whitney - Good luck with the first day on the job!!!!

Lisa - I'm busy getting your prize in the mail! I'll let you know when I send it out! Hope your feeling better and hubby is being nicer! Enjoy the rest of your vacation! :)

Obava - Your Melting Pot story has my mouth watering!!! It sounds so delicious!
And to answer your question, no I don't have a job! :( I moved up here because I needed a change from Reno, and Reno's job market is in very sad shape. I figured I'd have better luck up here. So far I've had no luck, but I'm hoping things will pick up soon!

Lydia – I love that your trying to save your husband from back problems caused by crazy fanfic lemony positions!!! I actually had to read that sentence twice! LOL. Glad your here!

Laura – Welcome! I'm very impressed you played soccer in 99 degree weather! I can barely take a walk in that kind of heat! I'm a big baby! Good luck with the extra 20 lbs you want to lose!

Delilah – I hear you with the clothes and the ass problem! My ass is always preventing me from buying the cutest things! Good luck with the challenge!

Gaby -You've come to the right place! Welcome and good luck! :)
User avatar
Courtney_0624
Phil's Baseball Coach
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Portland, OR


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby SharonMacross » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 am

Hi forum family
Sooo I'm Deb. New to the LTT forum (I've done my virgin post a few hours ago) and wanted to get back in the healthy swing of things and try out this challenge. I've never tried to loose weight on purpose but when I read the TS books (Twilight Saga) for the first time, especially New Moon, I lost err... I dunno 'cuz I don't own a scale but I dropped two pant/dress sizes. All that angst and stress that Bella went through I went through, I couldn't eat. It would be nauseating to even think about eating. Maybe that's why New Moon is my favorite. It connected to me on such an emotional plane that the others don't come close.. well BD does which is why it's #2. [And yea, I know not eating is super unhealthy but it re-shrank my stomach which has helped me to maintain my current pant size].

My goal is to drop one more pant size then I'll be good but it'll be tough. I know I'm going to have to make some tough decisions. I have a love affair with bread, cheese and chocolate.

Question: I work 10 hrs a day and might not do the whole 20min/day exercise thingy. How many steps would I have to take to equate 20 min of exercise? I work in a fairly sizable building and we walk all over the place. I figure if I could wear a pedometer and make sure I walk X amount of steps, I'll have fulfilled my exercise quota for the day. :)
User avatar
SharonMacross
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:03 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Re: Calling all Losers! V.4 up and going

Postby mandaliz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:49 am

Hi all, I'm mandaliz. I am rocking this challenge because I TOTALLY fell off the wagon last challenge. I blame it on a lot of the crap going on in my RL but I let myself do it so really it's my fault. My fave Twi book is Eclipse. I just watched the movie for the 3rd time yesterday. That Edward guy's kinda hot! ;)

Alright, I gotta run off. I'll do better this time!

(PS I was just rereading my post & I accidentally typed rub off instead of run off. I spent a large amount of time giggling about rubbing off because I'm a perv.)

Later Lovahs!
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests