Go to footer

Kindle Lending!

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Kindle Lending!

Postby robsten4life » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:49 pm

I know a lot of us have Kindles and Amazon recently enabled lending of kindle books so I thought this would be a good place to share what books we have. Also note, this is not just for the actual kindle, this will work with any kindle app.

Unfortunately since this is a new feature a lot of publishers haven't signed on yet so most of my books are not shareable but I'm hoping that in time as it catches on then more books will be able to be shared.

I think it might work best if everyone makes one post with their email address (which is needed for sharing, if you don't feel comfortable posting your email here then we can do it through pm's) and then listing all of the books they have that are currently shareable. As you purchase more books you can go back and edit your original post to keep a running list. Then if you see a book you would like to read on someone else's list just pm or email them and ask to share!

Directions from Amazon on how to share: http://www.amazon.com/kindle-lending

Happy Reading!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Re: Kindle Lending!

Postby robsten4life » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:03 pm

Email: melissa.palashoff@gmail.com

Books available for lending
Suite Scarlett
Persuasion
Finger Lickin' Fifteen
Jane Austen's Complete Works

I also have a few kindle books
il
legally downloaded that I can email out if anyone wants them:

The Harry Potter Series
Water for Elephants
The Hunger Games Trilogy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life

Postby JodieO » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:13 pm

This is awesome. You are awesome.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks for setting this up!

I'm: mandaliz2280@yahoo.com

Books I have so far are:
Shiver by Maggie Steifvater - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JWD6AS/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title
Linger by Maggie Steivater (sequel to Shiver, 3rd of trilogy comes out this July) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NHRGSQ/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title
Switched by Amanda Hocking (Haven't read this one yet, it was n amazon recc & was only $0.99 so I said what the hell) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VD1GBA/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title

The rest I have are either already free or unavailable for lending right now.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:59 pm

robsten4life wrote:[b]

I also have a few kindle books
il
legally downloaded that I can email out if anyone wants them:

The Harry Potter Series
The Hunger Games Trilogy

I wouldn't mind these. Right now the only loanable kindle book I have is Water for Elephants. All but one of my other books are free anyway.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:45 am

I have a nook and have already accidentally deleted the ONE book I bought (but it wasn't lendable) but I have big plans on this here real book readin, Oh, I do have one book that is lendable but it's an erotica one (don't judge).
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ean=9781599983226

amylahr@yahoo.com
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby robsten4life » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 pm

amynkansas wrote:I have a nook and have already accidentally deleted the ONE book I bought (but it wasn't lendable) but I have big plans on this here real book readin, Oh, I do have one book that is lendable but it's an erotica one (don't judge).

amylahr@yahoo.com

LOL dude, about 75% of my books are romance novels (aka filled with smut) sadly none of them are shareable yet but once they are you'll be more than welcome to read away!

However I don't think that nook books can be read on kindles or vice versa... stupid technology, my hope is that one day they will move to a generic format but for now it's a no go.

But that leads me to say that we should not discriminate here if you have a nook feel free to share with other nook users!
robsten4life

Postby mandaliz » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:37 am

robsten4life wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I have a nook and have already accidentally deleted the ONE book I bought (but it wasn't lendable) but I have big plans on this here real book readin, Oh, I do have one book that is lendable but it's an erotica one (don't judge).

amylahr@yahoo.com

LOL dude, about 75% of my books are romance novels (aka filled with smut) sadly none of them are shareable yet but once they are you'll be more than welcome to read away!

However I don't think that nook books can be read on kindles or vice versa... stupid technology, my hope is that one day they will move to a generic format but for now it's a no go.

But that leads me to say that we should not discriminate here if you have a nook feel free to share with other nook users!

I am assuming that you can also do the kindle book share between people with an actual kindle & those with the free kindle app on their phone or the free PC kindle version, yes?
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby robsten4life » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:49 am

mandaliz wrote:I am assuming that you can also do the kindle book share between people with an actual kindle & those with the free kindle app on their phone or the free PC kindle version, yes?

yup, you're sharing the .azw file so any app/device that will read those files will work!
robsten4life

Postby robzanne » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm

ok i have nothing but ff or the free ones, r4, how do i get my hands on ur totally legal copies of HG !
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robzanne
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:00 pm

robzanne wrote:ok i have nothing but ff or the free ones, r4, how do i get my hands on ur totally legal copies of HG !

Same here. I'd love to have both HP and HG.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby LCneiny » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:26 pm

amylahr@yahoo.com

Amy, I got a nook for Christmas and your book sounds MIGHTY interesting, we may need to swap ;) I don't have much yet but a few on my wish-list. I'll PM you!
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby BrooklynBabe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:58 pm

Alexandra wrote:
robzanne wrote:ok i have nothing but ff or the free ones, r4, how do i get my hands on ur totally legal copies of HG !

Same here. I'd love to have both HP and HG.

Would love to have the Hunger Games. Thanks much. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:59 pm

amylahr@yahoo.com

With your avatar, how come you don't visit us in the flat? :lol:
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:24 pm

FYI- Cosmopolis can be downloaded for free through google books.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:15 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:FYI- Cosmopolis can be downloaded for free through google books.

I just checked that site (I still am not exactly sure how to download to my Kindle from anything but Amazon, but iI'm working on it. ;) ) I don't think that is the same Cosmopolis as our boy is going to be filming. It is a different book. :?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 pm

holy shit you guys have some nice siggys. i was dazzled and I may or may not have started blinking and stuttering for a few minutes. I don't have any new books to lend but wanted to make sure you guys don't forget about the free eBooks that your library probly has. I have been downloading audiobooks for free for the past 6 months from my library. they stay on my ipod until i delete them off so i am guessing the same for the ebooks i've checked out. I watched the "how to download" video that they offered on their site and the process was pretty darn easy.
That is all.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby BrooklynBabe » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Alexandra wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:FYI- Cosmopolis can be downloaded for free through google books.

I just checked that site (I still am not exactly sure how to download to my Kindle from anything but Amazon, but iI'm working on it. ;) ) I don't think that is the same Cosmopolis as our boy is going to be filming. It is a different book. :?

Nope it's there too, there are a few different ones listed. Once you download it, it has to be converted into a Kindle file through a special program. R4L posted it in the flat and L40's actually posted the Kindle download there as well. I'm gonna bring them over.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:52 pm

robsten4life wrote:
Mobipocket willconvert a XML to a Kindle file. It's free and easy to use.
From XML and XSL

The Mobipocket Creator supports XML in the sense that it is capable of apply XSL stylesheets to transform XML into XHTML before building the publication. Therefore, creating a Mobipocket eBook file from XML requires knowledge of XSL and HTML.

Create a blank publication, add your XML file using the "Add File" link, then click on "properties" for the new XML item, fill in the "XSL stytlesheet" field and click on "Update". The XSL is automatically applied to the XML during the build process.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 pm

If anyone wants to read COSMOPOLIS in either Kindle or PDF shoot me out a PM.
Last edited by BrooklynBabe on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Does anyone know of a free program that will convert PDF files to a kindle file format on a MACBOOK. All the programs out there seem to be incompatible with Macs. Any suggestions?
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby littleredfiat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:21 pm

OMG I've been out of here for a bit and I just discovered this thread and I'm combusting!
I got an ereader for Christmas and I just love it. Most of you will know that I spent a lot of time in the past copying stories into word and printing out, but that is all in the past now. Ok, I mostly read fanfic, sorry Jodie I'm an addict, but I just loves me little gadget!!!
R4L, is the book WfE a lot different that the script? Can you mail it to me? PM me if you don't have my email anymore. Thanks.
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Cosmopolis. Has anyone read this yet? Is it worth reading or should I just wait for the movie? ;) If it IS good can I have the link to the google books thing where I can download it for free?
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:52 am

mandaliz wrote:Thanks for setting this up!

Books I have so far are:
Shiver by Maggie Steifvater - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JWD6AS/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title
Linger by Maggie Steivater (sequel to Shiver, 3rd of trilogy comes out this July) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NHRGSQ/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title
Switched by Amanda Hocking (Haven't read this one yet, it was n amazon recc & was only $0.99 so I said what the hell) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VD1GBA/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title

Oh oh oh oh! I have the two Maggie Steivater on hold at the library but I'm 30th in line! Alameda county library system sucks. I said it. How long can you loan them for and what are the steps??
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:33 pm

Kay Kay wrote:
mandaliz wrote:Thanks for setting this up!

Books I have so far are:

Oh oh oh oh! I have the two Maggie Steivater on hold at the library but I'm 30th in line! Alameda county library system sucks. I said it. How long can you loan them for and what are the steps??

They can be loaned for 14 days. I'd just enter your email address & it would be sent to you to be loaded on your kindle. Want me to send you Linger?
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat