Go to footer

Kindle Lending!

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Kindle Lending!

Postby mandaliz » Sun May 20, 2012 10:16 am

I have the following books as lendable Books if anyone is interested:

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1629601.The_Disreputable_History_of_Frankie_Landau_Banks

Angelfall by Susan Ee (which is FANTASTIC)
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11500217-angelfall

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10626594-the-scorpio-races

The Maze Runner by James Dashner
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6186357-the-maze-runner
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Tue May 22, 2012 12:39 am

mandaliz wrote:I have the following books as lendable Books if anyone is interested:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1629601.The_Disreputable_History_of_Frankie_Landau_Banks

I've heard nothing but good things about Angelfall. Didn't the author self publish??? Either way, as I was typing to say YES LOAN IT TO ME, I saw it for 2.99 on Amazon and just bought it.

So I can loan it out too, ya cheapskates. ;)
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Wed May 23, 2012 6:43 am

Kay Kay wrote:
mandaliz wrote:I have the following books as lendable Books if anyone is interested:

I've heard nothing but good things about Angelfall. Didn't the author self publish??? Either way, as I was typing to say YES LOAN IT TO ME, I saw it for 2.99 on Amazon and just bought it.

YES It is one of the best books I've read this year. LOVE LOVE LOVED IT. If you read it you will love it too. When I bought it it was on sale for $0.99, though, so nanny nanny boo boo. :lol:
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Thu May 24, 2012 12:12 pm

mandaliz wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

YES It is one of the best books I've read this year. LOVE LOVE LOVED IT. If you read it you will love it too. When I bought it it was on sale for $0.99, though, so nanny nanny boo boo. :lol:

LOVED this book!!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 am

Kindle post (thought not about lending) - does anyone know of a way or an App that can be used to organize document/ books in a kindle? Kinda hard to find stuff when there's over a hundred documents to wade through.
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:42 am

Muffinmom wrote:Kindle post (thought not about lending) - does anyone know of a way or an App that can be used to organize document/ books in a kindle? Kinda hard to find stuff when there's over a hundred documents to wade through.

Your Kindle should have come with a user guide already installed in it. Go to the user guide and look for 'setting up collections' or something like that. You can group your books into collections to make them more organized.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Jodie - thx for the tip, sadly it doesn't work for Kindle Fire. Boo Hoo on Amazon! I wanted to organize the million fics I've been puting in my kindle, but I think I'll have to settle for creating a document listing the stuff I want to read so at least I can remember the titles. Bungles!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:42 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Jodie - thx for the tip, sadly it doesn't work for Kindle Fire. Boo Hoo on Amazon! I wanted to organize the million fics I've been puting in my kindle, but I think I'll have to settle for creating a document listing the stuff I want to read so at least I can remember the titles. Bungles!

Whaaa? That's weird. I just went through their user guide and it says you have to go on amazon.com and go into 'manage my kindle' in order to organize the content. I have no idea how much organizing they allow from there..
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:49 am

Oh, I know its weird, but watchagonnado? I have been googling like crazy hunting for ideas. About the ONLY useful idea is that you can mark documents (and books) as "favorites" and they'll show up in the "home" page if you scroll down.
I'm just going to track everything I drop into my kindle in a Word file, and mark unread stuff as "Favorite" so I can narrow down my searching when I'm reading.
Apparently Amazon is working on a fix but they're making no promises. :evil:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby mandaliz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:46 am

Muffinmom wrote:Kindle post (thought not about lending) - does anyone know of a way or an App that can be used to organize document/ books in a kindle? Kinda hard to find stuff when there's over a hundred documents to wade through.

On my kindle I can, when I go to a title, click on the right arrow & it takes me to a "Add to collection" page and organize them that way. I don't have a Fire though...
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby toooldforthis » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:03 pm

I just finished reading Divergent and Insurgent (and then Divergent again ;) ) and I'm kind of obsessed with that series the same way I was obsessed with Twilight when I first read it.

I've checked out the author's twitter and facebook page. She flat out stated that there will not be a love triangle which makes me very happy! Tris and Four cannot be with other people. I'm not a huge fan of love triangles. I'm okay with them if I know going into a series that there is a triangle. But I hate it when it's unexpected and unwanted *cough*Twilight*cough*.

I'm not a pro at book discussions. I usually just wind up rambling about what I liked and what I hated. :lol: So I'll just start out with the most obvious question: Which faction would you be in?

Abnegation? - Not likely. I'm too vain and selfish. If I knew I had to walk up 20 flights of stairs, I would knock a bitch down to get to the elevators.

Candor? - While I am an honest person and a terrible liar, I wouldn't want all of my secrets revealed.

Erudite? - I love to read. But the books I read probably aren't the type of intellectual books they would read. :lol: I picture Erudite filled with a bunch of engineering-type people.

Dauntless? - Hale no! I don't like to face my fears. I like to shove them deep down inside of me and hope they don't resurface. Although if I knew Four was there waiting to fall in love with me, I'd risk it.

Amity? - This is probably the one I would come the closest to fitting in. I'm not a "Miss Suzie Sunshine" or anything. But I hate confrontation. I avoid it like the plague. And I'm usually pleasant to people even if they don't deserve it. As long as I know I could go back to my room and be moody, I'd be fine. Besides, how cool would it be to get injected with happy serum? It usually takes 3 glasses of wine to get me there and then you have to deal with the morning after headache. :lol:

In reality I'd probably wind up factionless. Which is okay because I like to drink and they seem like they always have alcohol. :lol:
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 pm

toooldforthis wrote:I'm not a pro at book discussions. I usually just wind up rambling about what I liked and what I hated. :lol: So I'll just start out with the most obvious question: Which faction would you be in?

In reality I'd probably wind up factionless. Which is okay because I like to drink and they seem like they always have alcohol. :lol:

According to this quiz https://www.facebook.com/DivergentSeries?sk=app_203946119628644 I'd be an Erudite, which I think is what I'd choose. I really like learning new things and firmly believe in the power of knowledge and an education. Though I think I'd be better off factionless because I am a little of a couple of them and, like you suggested since I love the booze. I don't think I could deal with the happy happy of the Amnity. I don't like people so they would drive me up the damn wall and I'd have to stab someone with a pitch fork. I, too, am to vain and selfish to in Abnegation. Again, I don't like people so why would I want to deny myself and be nice and give to others? No way. Candor, nope along with the selfish thing, I'd lie for my own good. Dauntless? No freakin way! I would run down old people and small children to get away from a tiny spider so no way I could bring myself to face that fear. If I were put into dauntless, my nickname would be Four Hundred Eighty Seven, and then I'd be thrown out anyway for not being able to master my fears.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby toooldforthis » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:01 pm

mandaliz wrote:According to this quiz https://www.facebook.com/DivergentSeries?sk=app_203946119628644 I'd be an Erudite, which I think is what I'd choose. I really like learning new things and firmly believe in the power of knowledge and an education. Though I think I'd be better off factionless because I am a little of a couple of them and, like you suggested since I love the booze. I don't think I could deal with the happy happy of the Amnity. I don't like people so they would drive me up the damn wall and I'd have to stab someone with a pitch fork. I, too, am to vain and selfish to in Abnegation. Again, I don't like people so why would I want to deny myself and be nice and give to others? No way. Candor, nope along with the selfish thing, I'd lie for my own good. Dauntless? No freakin way! I would run down old people and small children to get away from a tiny spider so no way I could bring myself to face that fear. If I were put into dauntless, my nickname would be Four Hundred Eighty Seven, and then I'd be thrown out anyway for not being able to master my fears.

:lol:

I loved that quiz! But it may not have been accurate because I chose the cheese first, simply because I like to eat and who doesn't like cheese?

I came up Dauntless and there's no freakin' way I'd choose that. I'd wind up like that poor little kid who failed the first part of initiation because he didn't even make it on the train. There's no way I could haul my fat ass into a moving train. And I have an intense fear of heights. I'm not jumping off a roof into a black hole.

So what do you think about Tobias' mother?
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:05 pm

toooldforthis wrote:
mandaliz wrote:According to this quiz https://www.facebook.com/DivergentSeries?sk=app_203946119628644 I'd be an Erudite, which I think is what I'd choose. I really like learning new things and firmly believe in the power of knowledge and an education. Though I think I'd be better off factionless because I am a little of a couple of them and, like you suggested since I love the booze. I don't think I could deal with the happy happy of the Amnity. I don't like people so they would drive me up the damn wall and I'd have to stab someone with a pitch fork. I, too, am to vain and selfish to in Abnegation. Again, I don't like people so why would I want to deny myself and be nice and give to others? No way. Candor, nope along with the selfish thing, I'd lie for my own good. Dauntless? No freakin way! I would run down old people and small children to get away from a tiny spider so no way I could bring myself to face that fear. If I were put into dauntless, my nickname would be Four Hundred Eighty Seven, and then I'd be thrown out anyway for not being able to master my fears.

:lol:

I loved that quiz! But it may not have been accurate because I chose the cheese first, simply because I like to eat and who doesn't like cheese?

I came up Dauntless and there's no freakin' way I'd choose that. I'd wind up like that poor little kid who failed the first part of initiation because he didn't even make it on the train. There's no way I could haul my fat ass into a moving train. And I have an intense fear of heights. I'm not jumping off a roof into a black hole.

So what do you think about Tobias' mother?

I totally chose the cheese because I love cheese too! Cheese is like my 3rd favorite thing in the world. Yes my fears and lack of physical agility would keep me out of Dauntless too. No way.

I think Tobias's mom is an untrustworthy beotch.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby toooldforthis » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 pm

mandaliz wrote:I think Tobias's mom is an untrustworthy beotch.

Yeah. I hated her the moment she told Tris she was temporary in Four's life. But what's her goal? I think I need to go back and reread Insurgent. I was reading it too fast because I just wanted to get to the end and make sure that Four and Tris didn't break up. If Marcus (aka - AHole #1) was trying to reveal the secret, what was Evelyn (aka - AHole #2) trying to accomplish? Was she trying to unite the factionless? I can't remember. And if so, did she want the secret revealed or did she want it kept quiet? Was her goal to have the factionless in control?

I just hated that both of Four's parents are such jackholes. She's manipulating him and he's allowing it because he's so desperate for a decent parent.
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:03 am

toooldforthis wrote:

Yeah. I hated her the moment she told Tris she was temporary in Four's life. But what's her goal? I think I need to go back and reread Insurgent. I was reading it too fast because I just wanted to get to the end and make sure that Four and Tris didn't break up. If Marcus (aka - AHole #1) was trying to reveal the secret, what was Evelyn (aka - AHole #2) trying to accomplish? Was she trying to unite the factionless? I can't remember. And if so, did she want the secret revealed or did she want it kept quiet? Was her goal to have the factionless in control?

I just hated that both of Four's parents are such jackholes. She's manipulating him and he's allowing it because he's so desperate for a decent parent.

I am afraid of getting too spoilerific, which we may already have, for those who haven't read it yet. I can PM my email address to you for further discussion.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby toooldforthis » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:45 am

mandaliz wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:

I am afraid of getting too spoilerific, which we may already have, for those who haven't read it yet. I can PM my email address to you for further discussion.

Ooops! :oops: I didn't know this was a spoiler free zone.
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:44 pm

toooldforthis wrote:

Ooops! :oops: I didn't know this was a spoiler free zone.[/quote]

Not sure it is EXACTLY, just erring on the side of caution. :D
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby toooldforthis » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 pm

mandaliz wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:

Not sure it is EXACTLY, just erring on the side of caution. :D[/quote]

Good idea!

Did you read Free Four?

Also, did you hear that the trilogy will be made into movies?

Guess who bought the rights.

Wait for it........

Wait for it........

Summit.

Shit.
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

mandaliz wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:

Just use the spoiler box! Then people can choose whether or not to be spoiled. =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:30 am

toooldforthis wrote:
mandaliz wrote:
toooldforthis wrote:

Good idea!

Did you read Free Four?

Also, did you hear that the trilogy will be made into movies?

Guess who bought the rights.

Wait for it........

Wait for it........

Summit.

Shit.[/quote]

I have read Free Four and LOVED it. I did know the movie rights have been bought. Didn't know by Summit though. Whomp whomp. :roll:
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby toooldforthis » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 am

mandaliz wrote:I have read Free Four and LOVED it. I did know the movie rights have been bought. Didn't know by Summit though. Whomp whomp. :roll:

I'm hoping she decides to write the entire first book from his perspective (ala Midnight Sun - except completed) when she's finished with the last one. Although I would settle for a chapter here and there.
toooldforthis
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby littleredfiat » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:48 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:Does anyone have MOTU and MOTU 2 in PDF format. I only have it in Kindle and I want to lend it to a friend you can't seem to get the kindle reader to work.

Hi Bb, I have MotU complete if you want it. I also have, actually BOUGHT; I know, the trilogy Fifty Shades. If you want it. PM me.
littleredfiat
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 pm

looking for books and FF PDF's. My Nook is empty.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:50 am

My Audiobooks

Natural Born Charmer Susan Elizabeth Phillips*
Eleanor & Park Rainbow Rowell***
Shiver- Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 1 Maggie Stiefvater*
Linger - Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2 Maggie Stiefvater*
Forever- Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2 Maggie Stiefvater*
The Raven Boys Maggie Steifvater
Freedom Jonathan Franzen* (LONG book but enjoyable)
The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay Suzanne Collins
Truth in Advertising John Kenney*
Hey Nostradamus Douglas Coupland
HP and the Half-blood Prince J.K. Rowling
Anna And The French Stephanie Perkins
Lola And The Boy Next Door Stephanie Perkins
The Light Between Oceans M.L. Stedman* (Australian)
Beautiful Disaster Jamie McGuire
Walking Disaster Jamie McGuire
Jasper Jones Craig Silvey
Ship Breaker Paolo Bacigalupi
Warm Bodies Isaac Marion*
Ready Player One Ernest Cline
NW Zadie Smith >
Defending Jacob William Landay
Along For The Ride Sarah Dessen
Some Girls Are Courtney Summers
Into the Darkest Corner Elizabeth Haynes
Where She Went (book 2) Gayle Forman