Go to footer

Kindle Lending!

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Kindle Lending!

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:54 pm

mandaliz wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:
mandaliz wrote:Thanks for setting this up!

I'm: mandaliz2280@yahoo.com

Books I have so far are:
Shiver by Maggie Steifvater - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JWD6AS/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title
Linger by Maggie Steivater (sequel to Shiver, 3rd of trilogy comes out this July) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NHRGSQ/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title
Switched by Amanda Hocking (Haven't read this one yet, it was n amazon recc & was only $0.99 so I said what the hell) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VD1GBA/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title

The rest I have are either already free or unavailable for lending right now.

Oh oh oh oh! I have the two Maggie Steivater on hold at the library but I'm 30th in line! Alameda county library system sucks. I said it. How long can you loan them for and what are the steps??

They can be loaned for 14 days. I'd just enter your email address & it would be sent to you to be loaded on your kindle. Want me to send you Linger?

YES! Whichever one is the first one. I sent you an email about DoMF but I also mentioned this at the bottom. Wee!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 pm

amynkansas wrote: Cosmopolis. Has anyone read this yet? Is it worth reading or should I just wait for the movie? ;) If it IS good can I have the link to the google books thing where I can download it for free?

It's really weird and confusing and I don't understand a lot of it. Meaning I don't understand the characters motivation for doing most of the things he does. I would never have read it if Rob wasn't starring in it. That being said, it's only 84 pages and I was picturing Rob the whole time so for that it was worth the read. I'll PM you the links.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby cedvanhalen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:51 pm

I kinda wish I had a Kindle now so I could have fun with you guys in here.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:13 am

cedvanhalen wrote:I kinda wish I had a Kindle now so I could have fun with you guys in here.

If you don't mind reading off your computer you can download the kindle application for yor computer for free.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby cedvanhalen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 pm

mandaliz wrote:
cedvanhalen wrote:I kinda wish I had a Kindle now so I could have fun with you guys in here.

If you don't mind reading off your computer you can download the kindle application for yor computer for free.

I don't really know how I feel about reading off of my computer.....it tends to give me a headache after a while. But it is an option.
ImageImageImageImage
Because Silly Face Rob= Best Rob.
cedvanhalen
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby robsten4life » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:21 am

I have the Millennium Trilogy (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books) in kindle format. If anyone wants them let me know an I'll email them to you
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
robsten4life
Jackson's Riding Instructor

Postby mandaliz » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:04 am

robsten4life wrote:I have the Millennium Trilogy (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books) in kindle format. If anyone wants them let me know an I'll email them to you

Ohh I'll PM you. I have the first one but I'd like the next 2 please!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby robzanne » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:01 pm

robsten4life wrote:I have the Millennium Trilogy (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo books) in kindle format. If anyone wants them let me know an I'll email them to you

me
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robzanne
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby robzanne » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:01 pm

i have the five fever series books
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
robzanne
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby amynkansas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:47 pm

I am about to purchace Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #3) for my Nook and it is a LENDABLE BOOK, so before you buy it check with me.

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby mandaliz » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:58 pm

amynkansas wrote:I am about to purchace Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #3) for my Nook and it is a LENDABLE BOOK, so before you buy it check with me.

I have it as a lendable kindle book toooo. I started it yesterday. :)
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby BrooklynBabe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Any one have The Bronze Horseman trilogy by Paullina Simons on Kindle or pdf format? Supposed to be excellente.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby mandaliz » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:51 pm

In case anyone is interested I also have the following as lendable books:

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater
Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater (sequel to Lament)
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:Does anyone know of a free program that will convert PDF files to a kindle file format on a MACBOOK. All the programs out there seem to be incompatible with Macs. Any suggestions?

Hi BB - if you're trying to convert a PDF to be read on a kindle, I've succesfully done it by emailing the pdf directly to my kindle email address, the subject line should read "convert" and attach the PDF file to be converted (no text). It will show up in your kindle docs and you can then transfer it to your kindle.

I'd be interested in kindle book lending except that I'm too in love with reading my FF on the kindle to read anything else. Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:50 am

Muffinmom wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:Does anyone know of a free program that will convert PDF files to a kindle file format on a MACBOOK. All the programs out there seem to be incompatible with Macs. Any suggestions?

Hi BB - if you're trying to convert a PDF to be read on a kindle, I've succesfully done it by emailing the pdf directly to my kindle email address, the subject line should read "convert" and attach the PDF file to be converted (no text). It will show up in your kindle docs and you can then transfer it to your kindle.

I'd be interested in kindle book lending except that I'm too in love with reading my FF on the kindle to read anything else. Image

My husband has a Kindle (I have a Nook). How do you get a Kindle email address?

I read loads of FF on my Nook. Thru the web and thru PDF's (handy when there is no web to be found...and takes up less battery) you do know about the Google Docs Twilight Fic Database, right?
I think you have to have a goggle docs account to log in. It. Is. Awesome.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby mandaliz » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:22 pm

This website finds free books available for the Kindle and sometimes the Nook. You can "like" them on facebook and they'll come up in your timeline with available books. http://www.pixelofink.com/
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 pm

amynkansas wrote:My husband has a Kindle (I have a Nook). How do you get a Kindle email address?

Amy, you just go to your kindle account (via amazon), and look under 'Personal Documents Settings".
I forgot to mention - if you're emailing yourself any documents to your kindle account, you need to add the sender email address to your approved list (also in the'Personal Documents Settings").
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Muffinmom wrote:

I did everything you said but when I open it on my Kindle it's still in the PDF format.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby BrooklynBabe » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:33 pm

So I've failed at all my attempts to convert it through the kindle address. But I found a free program that does it so I'm on cloud nine. It's website is calibre-ebook.com and you download the software follow the instructions and viola you have a conversion.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:20 pm

I just bought Sempre (EP) that I can loan out of anyone is interested! I just finished it and want to talk to someone about it!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby amynkansas » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Kay Kay wrote:I just bought Sempre (EP) that I can loan out of anyone is interested! I just finished it and want to talk to someone about it!

I also have Sempre for the borrowing but in Nook format. I will be finishing it tonight so I will find you KayKay and discuss.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue May 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Does anyone have MOTU and MOTU 2 in PDF format. I only have it in Kindle and I want to lend it to a friend you can't seem to get the kindle reader to work.

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Tue May 01, 2012 3:33 pm

BB, I have the PDF for MOTU part 1 only, will email it you you in a minute. If you do get part 2, I'd love a copy!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue May 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Muffinmom wrote:BB, I have the PDF for MOTU part 1 only, will email it you you in a minute. If you do get part 2, I'd love a copy!

Thanks so much. And Kel sent me the PDF of MOTU2 so we can call off the dogs. :lol:

And I sent you MOTU 2 in kindle format.

BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Fri May 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Just an FYI about Kindle Fire, I was having trouble accessing the fanfiction.net site thru my KF. No matter what I typed, the captcha thingie was refusing to let me through. When I emailed FF tech support, I got this message:

"The default browser of Kindle Fire, Silk, is well known to be sluggish and have trouble rendering web pages. Please download another browser, such as BoatBrowser or Dolphin Browser HD. Others who have tried it have reported success."

Sure enough it worked!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat