Go to footer

This is the End

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: This is the End

Postby amynkansas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:22 pm

my dog and the neighbor's dog were playing outside today (they are BFF's) and I got this RARE perfectly timed shot with Ellie's paw around my little Sammi..

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 am

This is probably only new news to twitterless me, but look who came out to personally wish our NY ladies Happy Holidays

Last edited by LittleSecrets on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 am

amynkansas wrote:my dog and the neighbor's dog were playing outside today (they are BFF's) and I got this RARE perfectly timed shot with Ellie's paw around my little Sammi..

Oh come on, that is frigging adorable!
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby LCneiny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:44 am

kelbel75 wrote:
LCneiny wrote:UMMMMM did we know this existed?

http://www.amazon.com/Fifty-Shades-Grey ... B008PZ69T8

And is it wrong that I sorta want it? Or maybe I'll just buy each song individually so there's nothing on my playlist that references this literary masterpiece.

[color=#004080]are you normally a fan of classical music? b/c if you aren't familiar with these particular songs to begin with, I'd suggest just getting an actual classical music compilation album. this woman ruins everything she puts that grey tie on :(

speaking of: I just realized my DH has THAT tie :o (he never wears it b/c he doesn't like it to begin with) & when I noticed it on his tie rack, I screamed and then ripped it off and zipped it into an unused suitcase :lol: dramatic much? yes :P but it needed to be done :ugeek: [/color]

Yes I am. That's what I was thinking, just research these songs and see where it leads me then get something ELSE so I don't have to see that stupid picture on my ipod.

I love that you locked the tie away, never to be seen again!! :lol: :lol: That reminds me of the Friends episode when Joey gets scared reading a horror book and puts it in the freezer.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 am

amynkansas wrote:my dog and the neighbor's dog were playing outside today (they are BFF's) and I got this RARE perfectly timed shot with Ellie's paw around my little Sammi..

I love this, it's like a postcard!!
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:41 pm

HULLO?

Is this thing broken? Where is everyone?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LCneiny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:14 pm

JodieO wrote:HULLO?

I know, I was thinking this place would be rockin' since I'm assuming most people are, like me, getting into vacation mode. I have so much to do at work and I just don't have the motivation to do any of it, so here I am! (alone, it seems .... )
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm

LCneiny wrote:

I know, I was thinking this place would be rockin' since I'm assuming most people are, like me, getting into vacation mode. I have so much to do at work and I just don't have the motivation to do any of it, so here I am! (alone, it seems .... )

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:26 pm

okay, I will bore you all with kid stories...

my 12 year old boy came out of the bathroom today. He told me that there was no toilet paper in there.
Me: so what did you wipe with?
Him: those wet wipes under the sink.
Me: we don't have wet wipes. those were clorox disinfecting wipes!

My DD was in the middle of making Puppy Chow (choc chips, peanut butter melted and poured over chex like cereal). She calls to DS "hey, this looks just like diarrhea!" He rushes over to see.

My kids are odd...and gross.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby LCneiny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 pm

JodieO wrote:
LCneiny wrote:

My "vacation" isn't as great as what others have this year. We have this dumb rule where someone has to physically be in the office every day other than Christmas and New Year's. So we had to split up the time among all of us, I have next Thursday and Friday. So while Mr. LC is sleeping in and playing with the dog all day, I have to come in and be bored to tears at work.
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:02 pm

amynkansas wrote:okay, I will bore you all with kid stories...

my 12 year old boy came out of the bathroom today. He told me that there was no toilet paper in there.
Me: so what did you wipe with?
Him: those wet wipes under the sink.
Me: we don't have wet wipes. those were clorox disinfecting wipes!

My DD was in the middle of making Puppy Chow (choc chips, peanut butter melted and poured over chex like cereal). She calls to DS "hey, this looks just like diarrhea!" He rushes over to see.

My kids are odd...and gross.

and normal ;) :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:04 pm

I've been wrapping christmas presents, to the sounds of The Beastie Boys, David Bowie, and Duran Duran; totally normal :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm making myself a list of books (real ones ;) ) I'd like to read in 2013. I'd love any suggestions :geek: and if it's a few (or more) years old don't assume that I've read it already, b/c I've been stuck in fanfiction world for the past three years :oops: (I'm not quitting fanfic, I'd just like to get some "real" books back under my belt so I have something to discuss w/people at social gatherings :P ) so far my list includes:
-the Divergent series
-the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (tho it sounds like I should just concentrate on the first few, & not the most recent ones? )
-the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series
-the Mortal Instruments series

*I can't handle anything too sad or too dark/gory; tho after reading the list of suggested books on "That's Normal", I will be buying my mother "Breed" 8-) (I would more than welcome any fluff/light love stories too :D )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I'm making myself a list of books (real ones ;) ) I'd like to read in 2013. I'd love any suggestions :geek: and if it's a few (or more) years old don't assume that I've read it already, b/c I've been stuck in fanfiction world for the past three years :oops: (I'm not quitting fanfic, I'd just like to get some "real" books back under my belt so I have something to discuss w/people at social gatherings :P ) so far my list includes:
-the Divergent series
-the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (tho it sounds like I should just concentrate on the first few, & not the most recent ones? )

*I can't handle anything too sad or too dark/gory; tho after reading the list of suggested books on "That's Normal", I will be buying my mother "Breed" 8-) (I would more than welcome any fluff/light love stories too :D )

I have been reading First Grave on the Right, which is the first in a series, I believe. It's about a grim reaper who helps solve crime and by god it's hilarious. It reads like one of us wrote it, which I love.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:37 pm

JodieO wrote:I have been reading First Grave on the Right, which is the first in a series, I believe. It's about a grim reaper who helps solve crime and by god it's hilarious. It reads like one of us wrote it, which I love.

is it set in modern day? my DH loves those Terry Pratchett "DiscWorld" ones, but I don't find them all that funny :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:52 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:I have been reading First Grave on the Right, which is the first in a series, I believe. It's about a grim reaper who helps solve crime and by god it's hilarious. It reads like one of us wrote it, which I love.

is it set in modern day? my DH loves those Terry Pratchett "DiscWorld" ones, but I don't find them all that funny :?

It is modern day. I haven't heard of DiscWorld.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Kay Kay » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Drive by post:

Amy: The picture is SO CUTE! And your kids are normal. ;)

LC: boo that sucks! I only have M,T, W off and then a 1/2 day on the 31st. I feel your pain!

Okay, so I did a tragic twitter post that our lender backed out on Monday. They did. We had to scramble to get another one that day but luckily everything fell into place AND the closing fees look to be a bit less. YAY more money!

Ugh. It's taken me about 30 minutes to write this because people don't realize that I'm trying to play and not work. Boo on them!
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby LCneiny » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

kelbel75 wrote:I'm making myself a list of books (real ones ;) ) I'd like to read in 2013. I'd love any suggestions :geek: and if it's a few (or more) years old don't assume that I've read it already, b/c I've been stuck in fanfiction world for the past three years :oops: (I'm not quitting fanfic, I'd just like to get some "real" books back under my belt so I have something to discuss w/people at social gatherings :P ) so far my list includes:
-the Divergent series

I love them all, and am excited for each new one! Unlike the Sookie books, which I stopped reading because they started sucking.
I would however recommend not reading J.R. Ward's other series. I liked the first one, but subsequent books just aren't as good. I think there's only 4 books currently in this series.
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:14 pm

-the Divergent series

This year I really enjoyed
Gone GIrl
The Fault in our Stars (YA)
The light between oceans (get the audiobook because it's Aussie based)

Are you on Goodreads. I find some great books on there from lots of gals on here.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

DiscWorld has a whole bunch of books that focus on diff't characters, but it's basically a farce of a magical world ruled by incompetent wizards. the movies and cartoons are kind of enjoyable, but the books just don't do it for me :| I mentioned them b/c one of the characters is the Grim Reaper (voiced by Christopher Lee) & there's this one episode where the GR takes over Santa Claus's job, and sucks at it of course :P & his human daughter gets all pissed at him; it's odd in a quirky Kurt Vonnegut kind of way.

but your series sounds fun & light-hearted, like a Stephanie Plum novel (the fact that the Grim Reaper is a modern day girl, is intriguing :) )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:14 pm

amynkansas wrote:This year I really enjoyed
Gone GIrl
The Fault in our Stars (YA)
The light between oceans (get the audiobook because it's Aussie based)

Are you on Goodreads. I find some great books on there from lots of gals on here.

is "the fault in our stars" sad? I want to read it b/c it's set in the area that I live, but two kids with terminal cancer falling in love? I do not want to cry all of the tears :( "the light between oceans" sounds sad/heart-wrenching too :?

I'm not on Goodreads....b/c I only read twi fanfic :P in the last three years I've read:
-the beginning of "water for elephants" (started it after I just saw the movie, so I kind of lost interest)
-the first sookie stackhouse book(liked it, don't know why I didn't read more...)
-cosmopolis(liked that I had to use my brain for this one, but didn't really take anything away from it once I was finished)
-the hunger games series (well, all of #1, sped thru #2, and skimmed most of #3)
-anna and the french kiss/lola and the boy next door(liked both but felt they were too drawn out)

and I generally read between 4-8 fanfics a week :shock: I guess I'm just addicted to the instant gratification of already knowing my characters. I enjoy the smut, not gonna lie, but 70% of the time I just skip over it :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:28 pm

well, technically I've read more b/c I read out loud to my 8yr. old each night ;) :P so add to my "read" list: countless Disney channel/nickelodeon channel themed books, Humphrey the hamster series, countless pet fairy books, the diary of a wimpy kid series (my DH gets to read the fun stuff like harry potter :roll: ) and "the BFG" by Roald Dahl-which I really liked 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:[quote="JodieO"I have been reading First Grave on the Right, which is the first in a series, I believe. It's about a grim reaper who helps solve crime and by god it's hilarious. It reads like one of us wrote it, which I love.[/quote

DiscWorld has a whole bunch of books that focus on diff't characters, but it's basically a farce of a magical world ruled by incompetent wizards. the movies and cartoons are kind of enjoyable, but the books just don't do it for me :| I mentioned them b/c one of the characters is the Grim Reaper (voiced by Christopher Lee) & there's this one episode where the GR takes over Santa Claus's job, and sucks at it of course :P & his human daughter gets all pissed at him; it's odd in a quirky Kurt Vonnegut kind of way.

but your series sounds fun & light-hearted, like a Stephanie Plum novel (the fact that the Grim Reaper is a modern day girl, is intriguing :) )

I'd listen to Christopher Lee read pretty much anything, but no, these books aren't like that at all. Aside from Charley there is very little supernatural stuff and she spends a lot of time covering up the fact that she can speak to dead people who have not passed on. But she is totally hilarious and if she were a real person we'd be friends with her.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:41 pm

I like biographies and historical non-fiction too, tho I haven't read any in ages :( (that new book on the history of Leonard Cohen's song "Hallelujah" sounds really interesting :) ) I'm the nerd who passionately talks about the latest program she watched on the history channel (I frickin loved "the men who built america" 8-) ) or vehemently discounts things like the Paleo diet, b/c of it's historical inaccuracies :oops: so include some of those kind of suggestions too, if you have any :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:45 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:DiscWorld has a whole bunch of books that focus on diff't characters, but it's basically a farce of a magical world ruled by incompetent wizards. the movies and cartoons are kind of enjoyable, but the books just don't do it for me :| I mentioned them b/c one of the characters is the Grim Reaper (voiced by Christopher Lee) & there's this one episode where the GR takes over Santa Claus's job, and sucks at it of course :P & his human daughter gets all pissed at him; it's odd in a quirky Kurt Vonnegut kind of way.

I'd listen to Christopher Lee read pretty much anything, but no, these books aren't like that at all. Aside from Charley there is very little supernatural stuff and she spends a lot of time covering up the fact that she can speak to dead people who have not passed on. But she is totally hilarious and if she were a real person we'd be friends with her.

cool! I'm adding it to my list 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats