Go to footer

Life After Twilight

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Life After Twilight

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:I watch it like twice a week anyway. I'm totally up for it so long as it doesn't interfere with Vampire Diaries.

Confession: I've never seen the civil war thinger. :?

I thought this was required TV viewing in the mid-80s? (I know that some of you were too young to turn the TV on anything but Sesame Street at that point. No need to rub it in to your elders.)

I was so obsessed with this mini series!! I was resolved to name my first born Orry!!
(until Lonesome Dove came around a few years later, and then I was all "jooo-ly johnson is the coolest name evah!") ;)

Me, too. Years later I went on a weekend trip to Charleston with a friend who had never seen the mini series and I made her visit the plantation that they used as Orry's home. It is a beautiful house. But do you remember that long lane lined with oak trees? That part wasn't filmed there at all. (It was filmed at a plantation in Louisania.) I love the old southern homes.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 pm

[quote="kelbel75
I liked him fine in LOTR, but I think he needed to play that character a bit more gruff, & he should've bulked up some too :| I quite liked him in that movie where he was a former hitman, & his family didn't know? I forget what it was called. and I liked seeing his lighter side in that Sandra Bullock movie about rehab too :) but yes, the bath fight scene was disturbing :? [/quote]

A guys privates do not fair well when being thrown around. The bobbling around all over the place has scarred me for life. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 pm

guitargirl wrote:
JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I've never seen BH, and I would never have recognised him in the Hobbit. I was probably still seething over the loss of my chocolate peanuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: I also think I'd enjoy him. :twisted:

Damn, GG! If I send you more chocolate peanuts would you watch Being Human? It's totally worth it.

We dont have the technology just to watch anything at anytime. I'd have to get it on DVD (If its out :? ) :lol: :lol: :lol: However, I'm VERY tempted to find out, cause he's a hottie. :D :D

As for the chocolate peanuts. Have I told you how much I love them yet?

It's been on for a few years, so you should be able to rent the first few seasons. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but Mitchell is always pretty no matter what.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:27 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Image Image

oh, I forgot it was a mini-series, I was thinking it was a movie :roll: two a night, for two nights sounds good to me; I'm open to any combination tho :) what time are we starting? my kids go to bed between 8:30 & 9:00, but they're old enough that I can do it quick; Alex probably has a routine tho(?) I've not done a movie night before, you guys usually just open a chat window in the Facebook Flat, right?

Yes. Or we could con Alex into joining the Daily Dick and have our very first Dick chat. ;)

Kel, I forget.. you are in a different time zone, correct?

no, we changed our crazy ways a few years ago, so Indiana is on East-Coast time now ;) so it looks like Mon-Wed are our available nights?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:

oh, I forgot it was a mini-series, I was thinking it was a movie :roll: two a night, for two nights sounds good to me; I'm open to any combination tho :) what time are we starting? my kids go to bed between 8:30 & 9:00, but they're old enough that I can do it quick; Alex probably has a routine tho(?) I've not done a movie night before, you guys usually just open a chat window in the Facebook Flat, right?

Yes. Or we could con Alex into joining the Daily Dick and have our very first Dick chat. ;)

Kel, I forget.. you are in a different time zone, correct?

no, we changed our crazy ways a few years ago, so Indiana is on East-Coast time now ;) so it looks like Mon-Wed are our available nights?

Whoo hoo! Then I'm down for 9:30 PM for any of those nights.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:29 pm

JodieO wrote:
JodieO wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I've never seen BH, and I would never have recognised him in the Hobbit. I was probably still seething over the loss of my chocolate peanuts. :lol: :lol: :lol: I also think I'd enjoy him. :twisted:

Damn, GG! If I send you more chocolate peanuts would you watch Being Human? It's totally worth it.

We dont have the technology just to watch anything at anytime. I'd have to get it on DVD (If its out :? ) :lol: :lol: :lol: However, I'm VERY tempted to find out, cause he's a hottie. :D :D

As for the chocolate peanuts. Have I told you how much I love them yet?

It's been on for a few years, so you should be able to rent the first few seasons. It took me a few episodes to get into it, but Mitchell is always pretty no matter what.[/quote]

He certainly is! I want to eat him up. :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 pm

JodieO wrote:

so should we just start w/ Monday at 9:30 & see how it goes? (just to double check: it's on netflix live streaming, right?)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:

so should we just start w/ Monday at 9:30 & see how it goes? (just to double check: it's on netflix live streaming, right?)

Sounds good to me. And it is. There's also a slightly blurry version on youtube.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I just checked and it is available on AmazonPrime instantly streaming. So I should be good to go.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby LCneiny » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 pm

JodieO wrote:

Um hi this looks like my boyfriend Gavin Rossdale. Who is he and where can I see him? Being Human on SyFy?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby JodieO » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:16 pm

LCneiny wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Um hi this looks like my boyfriend Gavin Rossdale. Who is he and where can I see him? Being Human on SyFy?

I think the SyFy (god, that is still like chewing glass.. ) version is the American version. For the British ones with Mitchell you'll need to head to netflix or some other streaming/DVD service.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 am

Alexandra wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Image
I was so obsessed with this mini series!! I was resolved to name my first born Orry!!
(until Lonesome Dove came around a few years later, and then I was all "jooo-ly johnson is the coolest name evah!") ;)

Me, too. Years later I went on a weekend trip to Charleston with a friend who had never seen the mini series and I made her visit the plantation that they used as Orry's home. It is a beautiful house. But do you remember that long lane lined with oak trees? That part wasn't filmed there at all. (It was filmed at a plantation in Louisania.) I love the old southern homes.

I may or may not used to draw pictures of that house in my Dream Journal as the house i would own when I was all growed up :oops:

LCneiny wrote:Um hi this looks like my boyfriend Gavin Rossdale.

I was totally thinking that exact same thing!
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, D_E!!

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 am

Happy birthday DE, Kelbel, manda, and JenKB (although you never come here). Why do I not remember all your birthdays being on the same day?!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Hey Alex, I watched The Decoy Bride last night. And although I try to avoid romcoms I thought the movie was absolutely adorable. It just made me love Kelly McDonald that much more and I find it foolish that she doesn't get more work. I giggled and snickered through the whole thing and I was rather impressed with all the American accents being faked. However, I was a bit annoyed that David Tennant seemed to be doing an English accent. What's the point of having David in your Scottish movie if he's not going to be Scottish? hrmph! He was adorbs, though. I also adore Michael Urie and I've missed him terribly ever since Ugly Betty went off the air.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:17 pm

kelbel75 wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, D_E!!

Thanks! Hope yours was great!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Image Image

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 am

I may or may not have just spent an obscene amount of time staring at those.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 am

Mornin'!

Where the crap is everyone?? All hungover from the Beyonce Bowl last night?

Does anyone else follow Hugh Bonneville and Allen Leech (Lord Grantham & Tom Branson) on Twitter? Those guys crack me up when they interact with each other.

We'll be crunking the first two episodes of North & South tonight at 9:30 PM EST if anyone is interested.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am

JodieO wrote:Mornin'!

They're making me do actual work. On a Monday. I'm sure this is against the law somewhere.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 am

lori_seals wrote:

They're making me do actual work. On a Monday. I'm sure this is against the law somewhere.

I think you need to report them to the labor board and the ACLU.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:08 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

I think you need to report them to the labor board and the ACLU.

seriously. Today has been a pain in the ass from the moment I walked into the office. Gah!!!

The positives for today though: my cough has all but stopped and my kidney stones are GONE. Yes, I said stones plural...there were three. :shock: Ouchie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Gianna wrote:

The positives for today though: my cough has all but stopped and my kidney stones are GONE. Yes, I said stones plural...there were three. :shock: Ouchie.

I'm SO glad you're feeling better!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Gianna » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:14 pm

lori_seals wrote:
Gianna wrote:

I'm SO glad you're feeling better!

ME TOO. I was seriously starting to get super depressed about feeling like ass for so long. Wheeeeee!!!! :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Gianna wrote:seriously. Today has been a pain in the ass from the moment I walked into the office. Gah!!!

EEP! I'm glad you are all better!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats