Go to footer

You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: You brought a snack....It better be a healthy one!

Postby VintageRobLover » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:25 pm

I’m here! I tweeted a couple of times this week about the challenge, but haven’t posted in here yet. I should add posting once a day as a goal, but I know I’d fail at it. :roll:

My 3 goals are going to be:
1. Write down everything I eat. I remember the vegetables, but can forget a cookie 2 minutes after I’ve eaten it.
2. Clean one room each night during the week. I hate losing part of my weekend to cleaning.
3. Get out more. I’ve become a bit of hermit recently and need to get out of the house more.

The first week of the challenge went pretty well, but I had trouble with the water point. I was trying to drink too much at work and found that it was giving me heartburn. I’m going to cut back the amount at work and have water with dinner instead of diet Snapple.

I didn’t get the email with the spreadsheet either.

Hope everyone has a great week!
ImageImageImageImage
VintageRobLover
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby VintageRobLover » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:27 pm

amynkansas wrote:I feel a bit like this today....so watch out.

First time I've seen this. Where is it from?
ImageImageImageImage
VintageRobLover
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm

VintageRobLover wrote:
amynkansas wrote:I feel a bit like this today....so watch out.

First time I've seen this. Where is it from?

I think you can find the others from this photo shot here:

http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cinema/EXCLU-Robert-Pattinson-comme-vous-ne-l-avez-jamais-vu-dans-le-nouveau-Premiere-3357918?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:15 pm

roll call - I'm here!

Been total fail at the water point. Will.do.better.next.week. Exercise was kinda poop this week too cuz I've got a really bad sinus cold that's knocking me on my ass - but I'm still trying. Did some Pilates and weight training and that kind of stuff. Not a lot of aerobic activity though.

floss - check
posture - check
bathroom - meh, I'd rather watch the Golden Globes than tackle that tonight. So be it :D
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby LCneiny » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 pm

obava wrote:
How was your week? Mine was good- I struggled with the treat point and surprisingly with the not eating 2+ hours before bedtime. I thought that one would be easy, but since I go to bed at 8pm, it's difficult to stop eating at 6 :(

Can you teach me how to do this?? I'm trying to go to bed early, but for me that's shooting for 10:30. :?

Anyway, first week was actually really great for me - I legitimately had 6 10-point days, wow! I'm not sure that's ever happened before. It helps that I'm not drinking so I can be sure to go to bed, exercise, and get my water (esp on the weekend).

My 3 personal points per week:
1. Journal everything I eat/time/what I'm feeling/etc
2. Drink at least one: mug of green tea, kombucha, or kefir
3. At least one smoothie/shake per day
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 pm

guess who handed out a golden globe tonight....
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Is it bad I haven't picked out my 3 daily goals yet? :lol: I'm failing at the Challenge but I'm totally succeeding at getting my bicycling mojo back. 12.25 miles today. Around a very hilly neighborhood circuit that I haven't done in months, have been afraid to try again but those hills are so damn hard right now at this weight and I didn't even know I'd try to attempt this circuit today until I was actually on the ride.

Thanks to Gina for the text nudges to get my ass exercising again and to Hubby for not pissing me off when I'm all Period Psychotic right now. He stayed with me on every hill, encouraging me and told me how proud he was of me. It was a very hard ride BUT I DID IT ANYWAY! Damn, it feels good to type that and talk about Bike Bragging Days again. I was so afraid the mojo was gone since cycling has become so much harder over the past year. Also I am currently about 120 lbs overweight. BUT NOT FOR LONG! :D
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:44 am

amynkansas wrote:guess who handed out a golden globe tonight....

Is that Jamie Lee Curtis taking a photo of his butt? (J/K) :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Is that Jamie Lee Curtis taking a photo of his butt? (J/K) :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO! Image Aside from that - the pretty does look scrumptious! Image

I'm here though I have to confess I've had a mental block looking at the list to earn points...
Today I'm not working out during lunch cuz Af is making feel all kinds of lovely, so my goal instead is to plan for how I'm going to meet my points (including meals & workouts - my weaknesses!)Image

Amy - I didn't get a spreadsheet either, can you send me one? Will pm you my addy just in case you don't have it.
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Is that Jamie Lee Curtis taking a photo of his butt? (J/K) :lol: :lol: :lol:

GAW I love you!!!!! :lol: :lol:

but sometimes you need more that activia to get you going.....
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:52 am

I haven't heard from that job I interviewed for. They said they were going to make a decision by last Saturday so it doesn't look good. BUUUUTTTTTTTTT.....I recieved a call about a photo job (just one shoot) to do this Thursday. I am waiting back to hear from them... cross your fingers. It pays what 2 whole days of the care person job would pay but is only 2 hours long. Now if I could only get lots of photos job life would be good.

Oh look, it's shy Ron meeting Mr Q

and then there is eye fu(king ron ....
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby LCneiny » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:01 pm

amynkansas wrote:I haven't heard from that job I interviewed for. They said they were going to make a decision by last Saturday so it doesn't look good. BUUUUTTTTTTTTT.....I recieved a call about a photo job (just one shoot) to do this Thursday. I am waiting back to hear from them... cross your fingers. It pays what 2 whole days of the care person job would pay but is only 2 hours long. Now if I could only get lots of photos job life would be good.

Oh look, it's shy Ron meeting Mr Q

and then there is eye fu(king ron ....

Good luck with whichever job pans out for you!!
And OMG thank you for these gif's....magical. Imagine what Mr. Q could do with Ron in one of his batshit crazy movies!
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:09 pm

LADIES, NEED YOUR HELP!
I need to be kept accountable here - I'm really trying to get my sleep quality in check and I need to start going to bed earlier. This week I'm making a commitment to stop doing whatever I'm doing at 10 PM so I can shower and get ready for bed. This means if I'm washing dishes or writing an email, I need to shut off the water or close the laptop at 10 PM. This might be VERY difficult for me because I have a tendency to say "just 1 more" or "just 10 more minutes" and then before I know it, it's midnight and I'm not sleeping :( I have to remember that whatever it is, will be there the next day.

So please, help a sister out. Ask me every day how it's going, email/txt/tweet me at 10 PM and tell me to get my ass to bed. I would be eternally grateful!!

-----------------
Also, MM and VRL - PM me your emails and I will be happy to share the tracking spreadsheet!
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 pm

LCneiny wrote:LADIES, NEED YOUR HELP!
I need to be kept accountable here - I'm really trying to get my sleep quality in check and I need to start going to bed earlier. This week I'm making a commitment to stop doing whatever I'm doing at 10 PM so I can shower and get ready for bed. This means if I'm washing dishes or writing an email, I need to shut off the water or close the laptop at 10 PM. This might be VERY difficult for me because I have a tendency to say "just 1 more" or "just 10 more minutes" and then before I know it, it's midnight and I'm not sleeping :( I have to remember that whatever it is, will be there the next day.

So please, help a sister out. Ask me every day how it's going, email/txt/tweet me at 10 PM and tell me to get my ass to bed. I would be eternally grateful!!

-----------------
Also, MM and VRL - PM me your emails and I will be happy to share the tracking spreadsheet!

WHat if you aimed to finish at 9:30 to begin with, and that might make your true goal of 10pm easier? Obviously you know yourself best. Just an idea.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm

LCneiny wrote:
obava wrote:I go to bed at 8pm

Can you teach me how to do this?? I'm trying to go to bed early, but for me that's shooting for 10:30. :?

I think the trick is that I wake up at 5am & bust my ass all day so I'm exhausted by 7pm ;)
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:Is it bad I haven't picked out my 3 daily goals yet? :lol: I'm failing at the Challenge but I'm totally succeeding at getting my bicycling mojo back. 12.25 miles today. Around a very hilly neighborhood circuit that I haven't done in months, have been afraid to try again but those hills are so damn hard right now at this weight and I didn't even know I'd try to attempt this circuit today until I was actually on the ride.

Thanks to Gina for the text nudges to get my ass exercising again and to Hubby for not pissing me off when I'm all Period Psychotic right now. He stayed with me on every hill, encouraging me and told me how proud he was of me. It was a very hard ride BUT I DID IT ANYWAY! Damn, it feels good to type that and talk about Bike Bragging Days again. I was so afraid the mojo was gone since cycling has become so much harder over the past year. Also I am currently about 120 lbs overweight. BUT NOT FOR LONG! :D

YAAAAAY! I'm more than happy to be of help, dollface ;)
Re: losing your mojo forever- you should know by now that bike bragging mojo is never gone forever- you can always get it back!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:01 pm

amynkansas wrote:

GAW I love you!!!!! :lol: :lol:

but sometimes you need more that activia to get you going.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ily both!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 pm

LCneiny wrote: email/txt/tweet me at 10 PM and tell me to get my ass to bed. I would be eternally grateful!!

I would, but:
1) I don't have your cell #
and 2) I'll have been asleep for at least an hour by 10pm your time :D

But if you give me your cell # I will be more than happy to text you when I go to bed to say goodnight :P
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 pm

obava wrote:
LCneiny wrote: email/txt/tweet me at 10 PM and tell me to get my ass to bed. I would be eternally grateful!!

I would, but:

But if you give me your cell # I will be more than happy to text you when I go to bed to say goodnight :P

me too. I have international texting on my phone :D
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby LCneiny » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
obava wrote:

I would, but:

me too. I have international texting on my phone :D

OK we need to enact a text chain.

I needed someone last night, when I got home all I wanted to do was EAT.ALL.THE.THINGS. and drink a huge glass of wine. But I was able to resist! Instead I made an absolutely delicious dinner of baked tilapia with EVOO, lemon, garlic, and dill, roasted sweet potatoes and celeriac, and a side salad. Mr. LC was at at work function so I was on my own. Yay me! (I probably ate a little too many sweet potatoes but they were just too yummy and I had been craving them for a few days anyway, so I indulged myself.)
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:24 am

LCneiny wrote:

I needed someone last night, when I got home all I wanted to do was EAT.ALL.THE.THINGS. and drink a huge glass of wine. But I was able to resist! Instead I made an absolutely delicious dinner of baked tilapia with EVOO, lemon, garlic, and dill, roasted sweet potatoes and celeriac, and a side salad. Mr. LC was at at work function so I was on my own. Yay me! (I probably ate a little too many sweet potatoes but they were just too yummy and I had been craving them for a few days anyway, so I indulged myself.)

I love celeriac. That is all.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 am

Image I need to get my act together, in the meantime I'll leave you with some eye candy since it has no calories...

Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Image I need to get my act together, in the meantime I'll leave you with some eye candy since it has no calories...

I have a "cavity" from that sweet candy. (or should I say for it :D)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby LCneiny » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:51 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
LCneiny wrote:

I love celeriac. That is all.

It was my first time using it and I love it!! It's an ugly little thing but tastes wonderful. I roasted it as well as grated some raw in my salad. I always like to try new veggies but unfortunately they usually go bad before I can use them :( Or they just suck. Like the rutabaga I bought to try to make homemade terra chips - did.not.like.
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Beautiful article! Remember to love yourself and don't obsess over the little stuff...

http://www.myyogaonline.com/healthy-liv ... ight-loss/
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Biggest Loser