Go to footer

What's the Haps, Chaps?

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:22 am

What's going down, ladies? What's everyone watching? What's everyone reading? What's everyone listening to? What's everyone doing?

I feel like the winter doldrums have really started setting in on us and we need to huddle together to survive until spring.

So here are my recs to get you through these cold and dull months.

Watch:
It's an older show, but that doesn't matter. It's so sweet and Dawn French is so funny and likable that nothing else matters. All episodes are available for streaming on netflix, and I believe some of them are available on youtube. And the best part is that you don't even have to believe in God to enjoy the show. I would even love it if this guy never showed up:

Read:
The Charley Davidson series. A series about a grim reaper who works as a PI and talks to the dead to help out the local cops. And it's totally hilarious. I want to be friends with Charley and Cookie so. much. If they ever make this series into films I want to play Cookie. I'll take acting lessons! I don't even care!

Listen:
An old theater buddy of mine came up late last summer to play Patsy Cline in a show at our local theater and I've been quietly obsessed with her music ever since.

(I can't listen to this at work, so I hope this video is actually the song it claims to be)

Doing:
Creating knitting patterns. I'm not especially great at it, but I'm learning. I tend to steal basic ideas from other knitters and then make it do what I want it to do. Although I'm utterly failing at making myself an awesome scarf. SIGH. It's just not working the way I want it to work. WORK, DAMMIT!

What about the rest of you?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:05 pm

FYI UC got her Tuck photo yesterday.

https://twitter.com/letter2twilight/sta ... 8336295936

Moon should get hers by Friday.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 pm

I was doing this last night...

did they change youtube AGAIN? i can't find the long form link anymore. argh.

Mod Edit ~ All fixed!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:07 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:I was doing this last night...

did they change youtube AGAIN? i can't find the long form link anymore. argh.

Mod Edit ~ All fixed!

Thank you, I'm dumb! :D
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:13 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:Thank you, I'm dumb! :D

Naw. Youtube is dumb. I just used the URL from the address box and removed everything after the &.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 pm

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:Thank you, I'm dumb! :D

Naw. Youtube is dumb. I just used the URL from the address box and removed everything after the &.

Huh, I'll have to remember that....
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:34 pm

I just managed to randomly catch BB on FB chat. She's been really ill this winter and for some reason the Flat is all fucked up on her new computer and she can't fix it. :( But she wanted me to tell everyone hello and that she misses us and is thinking about us. Let's all send her some love and good vibes and hope she can come back to play with us soon. I told her that I was systematically converting this place to Richard's Flat in her absence, so now she has more incentive to come back and represent for Rob. ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:44 pm

JodieO wrote:Listen:
An old theater buddy of mine came up late last summer to play Patsy Cline in a show at our local theater and I've been quietly obsessed with her music ever since.

(I can't listen to this at work, so I hope this video is actually the song it claims to be)

I'm glad no one is home w/me right now b/c I just belted my lungs out along w/this song :oops: :lol: Patsy Cline is very enjoyable, & that is my fav song of hers :D when I was 14 I went on a summer vacation w/a friend of mine and her parents. it was a car ride that took a couple of days, so my friend and I had our "Walk-Mans" and several cassette tapes to save us from listening to the old people music that her parents were listening to...then my batteries died :o so I was stuck listening to their music, which was mostly Patsy Cline; and I really liked it :) (keep in mind my tastes were quite varied, from NKOTB to Def Leppard to Buddy Holly to The Beach Boys; my friends thought I was so lame most of the time :roll: ) then a few weeks after returning home, my mom had to practice for a gig that she was despising, b/c she LOATHES country music, but she was doing it for a benefit or something. one of the songs was PC's "walkin after midnight" & my mom was just butchering it, so I stepped in and was like "no, NO! it goes like this...and you gotta go high and then low real quick...and put that warble to your voice" my mom was shocked into silence, wondering how the hell I knew this song :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 pm

JodieO wrote:I told her that I was systematically converting this place to Richard's Flat in her absence, so now she has more incentive to come back and represent for Rob. ;)

:lol: :lol: 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 pm

kelbel75 wrote:

I'm glad no one is home w/me right now b/c I just belted my lungs out along w/this song :oops: :lol: Patsy Cline is very enjoyable, & that is my fav song of hers :D when I was 14 I went on a summer vacation w/a friend of mine and her parents. it was a car ride that took a couple of days, so my friend and I had our "Walk-Mans" and several cassette tapes to save us from listening to the old people music that her parents were listening to...then my batteries died :o so I was stuck listening to their music, which was mostly Patsy Cline; and I really liked it :) (keep in mind my tastes were quite varied, from NKOTB to Def Leppard to Buddy Holly to The Beach Boys; my friends thought I was so lame most of the time :roll: ) then a few weeks after returning home, my mom had to practice for a gig that she was despising, b/c she LOATHES country music, but she was doing it for a benefit or something. one of the songs was PC's "walkin after midnight" & my mom was just butchering it, so I stepped in and was like "no, NO! it goes like this...and you gotta go high and then low real quick...and put that warble to your voice" my mom was shocked into silence, wondering how the hell I knew this song :lol:

WHY WERE WE NOT FRIENDS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL?!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:52 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:

WHY WERE WE NOT FRIENDS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL?!

IKR?! everything would have been so much easier if I hung out w/someone who actually liked the things that I liked :roll:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm

JodieO wrote:I just managed to randomly catch BB on FB chat. She's been really ill this winter and for some reason the Flat is all fucked up on her new computer and she can't fix it. :( But she wanted me to tell everyone hello and that she misses us and is thinking about us. Let's all send her some love and good vibes and hope she can come back to play with us soon. I told her that I was systematically converting this place to Richard's Flat in her absence, so now she has more incentive to come back and represent for Rob. ;)

Rob....is in the HOUSE!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:06 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:I just managed to randomly catch BB on FB chat. She's been really ill this winter and for some reason the Flat is all fucked up on her new computer and she can't fix it. :( But she wanted me to tell everyone hello and that she misses us and is thinking about us. Let's all send her some love and good vibes and hope she can come back to play with us soon. I told her that I was systematically converting this place to Richard's Flat in her absence, so now she has more incentive to come back and represent for Rob. ;)

Rob....is in the HOUSE!

I see your Rob, and I raise you a Richard.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 pm

JodieO wrote:Image

That reminds me...I owe you a key chain. post your favorites of him so I know which direction to go in.

anyone else need a new key chain....?

This is my current mail key key chain

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:24 pm

amynkansas wrote:

That reminds me...I owe you a key chain. post your favorites of him so I know which direction to go in.

This is my current mail key key chain

WHEE!!! There's nothing about that request I don't like! I'll do it from my home computer where I may or may not have a few photos saved up....
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Just for fun, and b/c I'm dying of boredom...my middle-school likes!

Movies: Empire of the Sun, La Bamba, Back to the Future, Platoon, Young Guns, White Water Summer, Flatliners, House I & II, Basketcase, The Night of the Comet, The Last Star Fighter, Stand By Me, & any John Hughes movie

Music: Buddy Holly, The Beach Boys, Juice Newton, The Beatles "White Album" (on vinyl, of course ;) ), Tiffany (I was caught belting out "I think we're alone now" in the grocery store just yesterday :P ) Def Leppard, Duran Duran, Led Zeppelin, NKOTB, Tommy Page

TV: Lassie, Mtv's "remote control", Abbott & Costello, The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock presents, Family Ties, Looney Tunes, Kung Fu, Wild, Wild West, Little House on the Prairie, The Brady Bunch, Andy Griffith, The Monkees, The Golden Girls, Star Trek: TNG

Books: Old Yeller, the "Black Stallion" series, Little Women, Black Beauty, Flowers in the Attic series, and many YA Harlequin romances, w/ a few of the shorter Stephen King thrillers thrown in ;)

Hobbies: (besides all of the above ;) ) roller-skating, riding my bike, pinning up pages from "bopp and tiger beat" until my fingers bled from the push-pins, incessantly making beaded "friendship bracelets" but never actually giving them away to friends :?

Clothes: pegged jeans w/hand-done embroidery (thanks mom!), stripped rugby shirts, LA gear high-tops, jean jacket w/safety-pin peace sign on the back (thanks again, mom!) tie-died t-shirts (mom again; damn she was awesome! :D )

so...lame, yes? :P b/c this was roughly 1986-1990, so more than half of these were way out of date :roll: how about you? share some of your favs :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 pm

amynkansas wrote:

Jumps Up and Down!!! ME, ME!! I want one of Richard :D 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Another drive by. I slept for 13 hours (I went to bed at 9, okay?) and I have to go turn in my apartment keys like...rightnow but I just wanted to say hello!

Kelbel: I keep having dreams that I'm showing people my boobs. What does this mean?

Jodie: SUPER excited that UC got her The Tuck! I wish she had posted a picture of the final product! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BB: COME HOME! I've been worried about you!

Amy: Ron is soooo in the house!

Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:38 pm

JodieO wrote:I'll do it from my home computer where I may or may not have a few photos saved up....

:P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Kelbel: I keep having dreams that I'm showing people my boobs. What does this mean?

your feeling confident & uninhibited? I'm not familiar w/this feeling, I'm always topless and trying to cover up :?
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Another drive by. I slept for 13 hours (I went to bed at 9, okay?) and I have to go turn in my apartment keys like...rightnow but I just wanted to say hello!

Kelbel: I keep having dreams that I'm showing people my boobs. What does this mean?

Jodie: SUPER excited that UC got her The Tuck! I wish she had posted a picture of the final product! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BB: COME HOME! I've been worried about you!

Amy: Ron is soooo in the house!

What the hell is this shirt?! It looks like he's wearing some sort of bizarre apron.. :?

YOU come home! We miss you, too!

Speaking of BB, does anyone want to chip in with me to send BB a little get well something? Some flowers or cookies or balloons or something?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Kay Kay wrote:[color=#008000]

You strut your stuff GIRL!!!!

I can make you a "the tuck" keychain if you need one.....

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats