Go to footer

What's the Haps, Chaps?

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Driving by to ask - is the NYC meetup still on for April 20th weekend? I think I talked my DH into being ok handling things if Muffin's dance competition conflicts with the group meetup...
(off to hope I can catch up one day here).

And because I need to decorate this space with beauty, I leave a parting shot
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:56 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Amy: I LOVE YOU!! :D :D I just received my keychain in the mail, & it's lovely 8-) and part of me (the delusional part :P ) pretended that it really was from you and Richard :lol: :oops:

my daughter came home from school w/the mail and said in a teasing voice "Mom, you have a secret admirer that's sending you hugs & kisses! who's Richard?" :shock: :lol:

my DH hasn't seen it yet tho ;) I may have an uncomfortable night ahead of me :? but it's totally worth it :D

I'm assuming that your DH knows your fondness for Richard...but maybe not the fact that you two are in love?
Glad it got to you. He was worried with the weather that it might get there late...
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:03 pm

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 pm

amynkansas wrote:check this out...
Riff Trax wants to Riff the Worst Movie Ever (Twilight....of course) LIVE in Theaters across the USA in August...
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/90538351/rifftrax-wants-to-riff-twilight-live-in-theaters-n?utm_source=RiffTrax+Mail&utm_campaign=5fed635d21-Kickstarter_02212013&utm_medium=email&mc_cid=5fed635d21&mc_eid=1643c7fa52

With all due respect to Knight of the day, Hugh Jackman, The Fountain was the worst movie ever. But Twilight is probably easier to riff on.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:12 pm

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:Amy: I LOVE YOU!! :D :D I just received my keychain in the mail, & it's lovely 8-) and part of me (the delusional part :P ) pretended that it really was from you and Richard :lol: :oops:

my daughter came home from school w/the mail and said in a teasing voice "Mom, you have a secret admirer that's sending you hugs & kisses! who's Richard?" :shock: :lol:

my DH hasn't seen it yet tho ;) I may have an uncomfortable night ahead of me :? but it's totally worth it :D

I'm assuming that your DH knows your fondness for Richard...but maybe not the fact that you two are in love?
Glad it got to you. He was worried with the weather that it might get there late...

yes, he's aware of the fondness but not the love :P I think we're finding a happy balance tho.(he just smirked at the keychain, but didn't really start a fuss over it or anything; that is MAJOR progress from his past behavior towards my previous crushes :shock: )

he's come around w/Christian b/c he likes his movies, but he hates Rob's :? now I've always specified that Christian is my fav actor, while whoever else are my fav celebrities; b//c it's true that altho there are many relatable things I admire about Mr.Bale, it's his acting that wins hands down for me 8-) and then along comes Richard, who has both my personal admiration and my acting admiration, on top of the drool factor...he's thrown my "system" completely out of whack :shock: :D when Mr. KB (I usually call him the generic "DH", but some of you have referred to him as Mr. KB, & I like that; let him be defined by ME for once! :twisted: ) watched "the vicar of dibley" w/me the other night, I think he was pleasantly impressed that "Harry" was worlds apart from "Strike Back"'s John Porter; maybe this crush is one he could get on board with (Christian is too hot-headed & methodical, in his eyes; Rob's not respectable/responsible enough; & Ewan is too flirty :P )...or maybe poor Mr.KB has just given up & thinks if he has to pick one, Richard's not so bad :roll: :P

I was really having a blah day today too & in need of a major pick-me-up (photobucket is updating & wont let me play w/pics, even :( ) so when your gift came in the mail it REALLY brightened my day :D XOXO
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

so I'm not a vegetarian or anything, altho I am very high maintenance about the "texture" of my food :? but yesterday for dinner I ate venison (deer) for the first time, which is surprising if you take into consideration where I'm from originally & that my family has a lot of hunter/gatherers in it :? this is how it went:

first bite: impressed that it wasn't as "gamey" tasting as I expected
second bite: kind of dry, but totally okay w/that b/c I cannot stomach raw meat of any kind
third bite: this is deer...like from an actual deer, those graceful creatures that I've always been so fond of
fourth bite: images of deer hunting season & all that entails flash thru my head, from my childhood
fifth bite: stomach churning
sixth bite: I'm eating my spirit guide animal!!
*runs to the bathroom*
sometime later: curled up in a fetal position on the couch, crying

not one of my finer moments :oops:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 pm

kelbel75 wrote:so I'm not a vegetarian or anything, altho I am very high maintenance about the "texture" of my food :? but yesterday for dinner I ate venison (deer) for the first time, which is surprising if you take into consideration where I'm from originally & that my family has a lot of hunter/gatherers in it :? this is how it went:

second bite: kind of dry, but totally okay w/that b/c I cannot stomach raw meat of any kind
third bite: this is deer...like from an actual deer, those graceful creatures that I've always been so fond of
fourth bite: images of deer hunting season & all that entails flash thru my head, from my childhood
*runs to the bathroom*

I had some lamb a couple weeks ago. I took a small bite and it tasted icky and gamey. The End.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:09 am

Posting more pictures of my BFF. It's good to know she had the same opinion as EVERYONE.

Image Image
Image Image
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Kay Kay » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 am

So let's go back a couple days (yesterday? :? ) to some Twi news: Mike Newton got divorced??? When did he get married???? Is anyone else both simultaneously shocked and indifferent??? I didn't even know it was possible to feel those emotions as the same time. I learned something about myself.
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 am

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:so I'm not a vegetarian or anything, altho I am very high maintenance about the "texture" of my food :? but yesterday for dinner I ate venison (deer) for the first time, which is surprising if you take into consideration where I'm from originally & that my family has a lot of hunter/gatherers in it :? this is how it went:

*runs to the bathroom*

I had some lamb a couple weeks ago. I took a small bite and it tasted icky and gamey. The End.

I really like the taste of lamb, but it doesn't like me, so I don't eat it very often. I convince myself it's a sheep tho, & not a baby; a lot of my life is lived in denial :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 am

Kay Kay wrote:Posting more pictures of my BFF. It's good to know she had the same opinion as EVERYONE.

Image Image
Image Image

I like the little backstage interview where Jack Nicholson comes up & flirts w/her a bit, then when he goes away she makes the "OMG!!" face, but he's still behind her & can see :lol:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 am

Kay Kay wrote:So let's go back a couple days (yesterday? :? ) to some Twi news: Mike Newton got divorced??? When did he get married???? Is anyone else both simultaneously shocked and indifferent??? I didn't even know it was possible to feel those emotions as the same time. I learned something about myself.

my first reaction was the same: "I didn't even know he was married! :? " but then it was like "huh", and I went on about my business :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:33 am

kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:So let's go back a couple days (yesterday? :? ) to some Twi news: Mike Newton got divorced??? When did he get married???? Is anyone else both simultaneously shocked and indifferent??? I didn't even know it was possible to feel those emotions as the same time. I learned something about myself.

my first reaction was the same: "I didn't even know he was married! :? " but then it was like "huh", and I went on about my business :D

YES! This was my exact reaction, too!

Neither his imdb page nor his wiki page mention anything about a spouse...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 am

this needs to be mine 8-)

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:36 am

kelbel75 wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:Posting more pictures of my BFF. It's good to know she had the same opinion as EVERYONE.

Image Image
Image Image

I like the little backstage interview where Jack Nicholson comes up & flirts w/her a bit, then when he goes away she makes the "OMG!!" face, but he's still behind her & can see :lol:

That interview is hilarious! Mostly because I can't tell if she's excited that Jack Nicholson is talking to her or because he's being a big creepy creepster and she's afraid. I did love when she told him he was being rude, though. I love her.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 am

kelbel75 wrote:this needs to be mine 8-)

Whoah! That is pretty nice. I'd reupholster that cushion, but I could happily live in that room.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 am

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 am

it is Tuesday before vacation and it has become apparent that this week is going to be brutal. Why do things have to be the very definition of jacked up right as you are trying to wrap things up to be out of the office? :|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 am

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Gianna » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:15 am

Ok dream analyzers...I have dreamt about my grandad who passed away last summer for three nights in a row now:

1). I am supposed to pick him up at the bus station (?) and when the bus pulls up, I can see him through the window but he never a gets off the bus. I get on looking for him, but when I get inside he isn't there.

2). He has the cancer, but he recovers. He takes me in the same drive I took him just 5 days before he died. I am in the backseat and trying to talk to him, but he can't hear me.

3). He recovered from his cancer, but then it comes back. I take him into an empty house to care for him, but can't properly do so because there is a roller coaster running through the living room.

So, so bizarre. I am sure there are messages in all of that somewhere.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:32 am

Gianna wrote:Ok dream analyzers...I have dreamt about my grandad who passed away last summer for three nights in a row now:

1). I am supposed to pick him up at the bus station (?) and when the bus pulls up, I can see him through the window but he never a gets off the bus. I get on looking for him, but when I get inside he isn't there.

2). He has the cancer, but he recovers. He takes me in the same drive I took him just 5 days before he died. I am in the backseat and trying to talk to him, but he can't hear me.

3). He recovered from his cancer, but then it comes back. I take him into an empty house to care for him, but can't properly do so because there is a roller coaster running through the living room.

I'm no dream interpreter, but I used to have dreams about my Gramma after she passed. In the last year of her life she would talk about how much she missed riding bikes and going swimming and how she felt like a 16-year-old girl in a 96-year-old body. I actually live in her old apartment and whenever I would dream about her I would be in my living room looking out the window to the back yard and she would be there, in her 16-year-old body waving at me, and then she'd either jump into the ocean and swim off or she'd hop on a bike and ride away. I always took it to mean that she was telling me that she was ok now and wanted to say properly say goodbye since I didn't see her the night she died.

Maybe your grandpa is just letting you know that he's there with you even if he can't be present and as much as you wanted to care for him and protect him that there was nothing you could do to save him?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am

Muffinmom wrote:Driving by to ask - is the NYC meetup still on for April 20th weekend? I think I talked my DH into being ok handling things if Muffin's dance competition conflicts with the group meetup...

I think we were looking at the weekend after. I know Alex is in, and we're waiting on Jodie...
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 am

dancing_echoes wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Driving by to ask - is the NYC meetup still on for April 20th weekend? I think I talked my DH into being ok handling things if Muffin's dance competition conflicts with the group meetup...

I think we were looking at the weekend after. I know Alex is in, and we're waiting on Jodie...

Yes, that's the weekend I'm looking at as well. So long as the price of airfare stays firm I should be able to purchase tickets early next week. WHEEEEE!!!!!!

Which means we should probably figure out exactly which days we are going to hang...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:52 am

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

Yes, that's the weekend I'm looking at as well. So long as the price of airfare stays firm I should be able to purchase tickets early next week. WHEEEEE!!!!!!

Which means we should probably figure out exactly which days we are going to hang...

YAYYYYYYYYY!

I'm more than likely available that whole weekend, unless I have a riding lesson on Sunday....
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 am

JodieO wrote:
Gianna wrote:Ok dream analyzers...I have dreamt about my grandad who passed away last summer for three nights in a row now:

I'm no dream interpreter, but I used to have dreams about my Gramma after she passed. In the last year of her life she would talk about how much she missed riding bikes and going swimming and how she felt like a 16-year-old girl in a 96-year-old body. I actually live in her old apartment and whenever I would dream about her I would be in my living room looking out the window to the back yard and she would be there, in her 16-year-old body waving at me, and then she'd either jump into the ocean and swim off or she'd hop on a bike and ride away. I always took it to mean that she was telling me that she was ok now and wanted to say properly say goodbye since I didn't see her the night she died.

Maybe your grandpa is just letting you know that he's there with you even if he can't be present and as much as you wanted to care for him and protect him that there was nothing you could do to save him?

I agree w/this. I had similar dreams when my grandfather died, except in mine he wasn't dead but no one could see that but me; very upsetting!

but with these dreams of him not being able to hear you, or the roller-coaster of your life preventing you from doing a better job; sounds like guilt to me, and just not wanting to let go yet :(
kelbel75
Craft Services

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats