Go to footer

What's the Haps, Chaps?

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What's the Haps, Chaps?

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Driving by to ask - is the NYC meetup still on for April 20th weekend? I think I talked my DH into being ok handling things if Muffin's dance competition conflicts with the group meetup...
(off to hope I can catch up one day here).

I think we were looking at the weekend after. I know Alex is in, and we're waiting on Jodie...

Weekend after works even better for me, I'm definitely IN!! Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Alexandra » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Driving by to ask - is the NYC meetup still on for April 20th weekend? I think I talked my DH into being ok handling things if Muffin's dance competition conflicts with the group meetup...

I think we were looking at the weekend after. I know Alex is in, and we're waiting on Jodie...

Yay! And I emailed VRL and she wants to join us, too!
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

boo, for living in the midwest. :(
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:17 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:boo, for living in the midwest. :(

The midwest is where most airlines put their hubs. HOP ABOARD!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:41 pm

JodieO wrote:
I'm no dream interpreter, but I used to have dreams about my Gramma after she passed. In the last year of her life she would talk about how much she missed riding bikes and going swimming and how she felt like a 16-year-old girl in a 96-year-old body. I actually live in her old apartment and whenever I would dream about her I would be in my living room looking out the window to the back yard and she would be there, in her 16-year-old body waving at me, and then she'd either jump into the ocean and swim off or she'd hop on a bike and ride away. I always took it to mean that she was telling me that she was ok now and wanted to say properly say goodbye since I didn't see her the night she died.

Maybe your grandpa is just letting you know that he's there with you even if he can't be present and as much as you wanted to care for him and protect him that there was nothing you could do to save him?

Gah - Jodie...your story made me all teary! I think you guys are on to something. All I know is that I miss my good friend. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

amynkansas wrote:boo, for living in the midwest. :(

THIS. We'll show them, Amy. We will have our own get-together! So what if there are only two of us. :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Gianna wrote:
JodieO wrote:
I'm no dream interpreter, but I used to have dreams about my Gramma after she passed. In the last year of her life she would talk about how much she missed riding bikes and going swimming and how she felt like a 16-year-old girl in a 96-year-old body. I actually live in her old apartment and whenever I would dream about her I would be in my living room looking out the window to the back yard and she would be there, in her 16-year-old body waving at me, and then she'd either jump into the ocean and swim off or she'd hop on a bike and ride away. I always took it to mean that she was telling me that she was ok now and wanted to say properly say goodbye since I didn't see her the night she died.

Maybe your grandpa is just letting you know that he's there with you even if he can't be present and as much as you wanted to care for him and protect him that there was nothing you could do to save him?

Gah - Jodie...your story made me all teary! I think you guys are on to something. All I know is that I miss my good friend. :(

HUGS. I know. Tomorrow with be Gramma's 6th Deathday and I still miss her, too.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:08 pm

kelbel75 wrote:Image

I just thought these required another look.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:33 pm

JodieO wrote:

I kid you not, I read that as lick. And I thought, "yes,ma'am. They do indeed."
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby JodieO » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:41 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I kid you not, I read that as lick. And I thought, "yes,ma'am. They do indeed."

That works as well.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 am

Sooo.....I've just watched a few youtube vids of RA reading/telling children's bedtime stories. I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I really want him to come read to my kids, as he did a fantastic job telling the stories. On the other hand, the other things I want him to do make me feel a bit skeevy about inviting him to my house to read stories to my kids.

LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby Gianna » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:15 am

I have a big issue in that I do NOT want to work today. Not one little bit. My boss is out today again, so I have no reason to get anything accomplished. This is a very bad combo for me.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 am

Gianna wrote:I have a big issue in that I do NOT want to work today. Not one little bit. My boss is out today again, so I have no reason to get anything accomplished. This is a very bad combo for me.

Sounds like a good day for that photobucket pick a page and post a picture game ;)
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 am

LittleSecrets wrote:Sooo.....I've just watched a few youtube vids of RA reading/telling children's bedtime stories. I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I really want him to come read to my kids, as he did a fantastic job telling the stories. On the other hand, the other things I want him to do make me feel a bit skeevy about inviting him to my house to read stories to my kids.

:D :D that's my favorite one 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 am

LittleSecrets wrote:
Gianna wrote:I have a big issue in that I do NOT want to work today. Not one little bit. My boss is out today again, so I have no reason to get anything accomplished. This is a very bad combo for me.

Sounds like a good day for that photobucket pick a page and post a picture game ;)

have you guys all switched over to the "new" PhotoBucket yet? (they forced me to :roll: ) it doesn't have pages anymore :x it's this continuous scroll that is fucking annoying as hell :shock:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 am

LittleSecrets wrote:Sooo.....I've just watched a few youtube vids of RA reading/telling children's bedtime stories. I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I really want him to come read to my kids, as he did a fantastic job telling the stories. On the other hand, the other things I want him to do make me feel a bit skeevy about inviting him to my house to read stories to my kids.

Yeah, I don't have kids, but I can see your dilemma. I also love this one. It cracks me up every time he said 'knickers', and I can recite most of the story with him.

I need help.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:02 am

PS. L'ilS, Richard reads adult stuff, too. Maybe that will help? ;)

DISCLAIMER: I'm at work and so can't actually listen to these, so I apologize if they aren't what they appear to be.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:09 pm

HULLO???

WHERE ARE YOU ALL?

You are going to force me to bring out the big guns!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:14 pm

JodieO wrote:Yeah, I don't have kids, but I can see your dilemma. I also love this one. It cracks me up every time he said 'knickers', and I can recite most of the story with him.

I need help.

When he tells me it's time for me to go to bed at the end, I sort of do this

His reading of Trouble at the Dinosaur Cafe is so much better than mine. I think it's the accent he gives T-Rex.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:17 pm

JodieO wrote:Image

Rob would totally be sent to time out in my house. Only rule around here for water gun fights is, no face shots. It's okay though, I'd make sure he was comfy in time out.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:21 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:

have you guys all switched over to the "new" PhotoBucket yet? (they forced me to :roll: ) it doesn't have pages anymore :x it's this continuous scroll that is fucking annoying as hell :shock:

I haven't cracked the seal on my photobucket acct in so long, I'm not sure if it changed me or not. But the continuous scroll description is doing nothing to persuade me to log in.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:22 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:
JodieO wrote:Yeah, I don't have kids, but I can see your dilemma. I also love this one. It cracks me up every time he said 'knickers', and I can recite most of the story with him.

I need help.

When he tells me it's time for me to go to bed at the end, I sort of do this

His reading of Trouble at the Dinosaur Cafe is so much better than mine. I think it's the accent he gives T-Rex.

That's the best part of ALL those stories. If I could add those little sound clips to some sort of an alarm that goes off around 10:30PM I might actually go to bed on time.

(I flove the TRex voice)

ETA: The lady in black over JLaw's left shoulder is kind of creepy and mesmerizing.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:24 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:
JodieO wrote:Image

Rob would totally be sent to time out in my house. Only rule around here for water gun fights is, no face shots. It's okay though, I'd make sure he was comfy in time out.

[Insert sex joke here]
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 pm

JodieO wrote:That's the best part of ALL those stories. If I could add those little sound clips to some sort of an alarm that goes off around 10:30PM I might actually go to bed on time.

There has GOT to be a way to make that happen. Who's our resident tech expert?

JodieO wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:Rob would totally be sent to time out in my house. Only rule around here for water gun fights is, no face shots. It's okay though, I'd make sure he was comfy in time out.

[Insert sex joke here]

For once, I didn't even mean for that part of my comment to be the sexual part. Ugh, I should have stated that differently. :oops:
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby LittleSecrets » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Any update on BB?
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats