Go to footer

Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Miz visiting here! Image

Work has started a million steps thing with a Fibit pedometer, I expect to be receiving mine today. If I meet the million steps by year end, I get a $100 gift card.

Had a bit of a rough time with my workouts this weekend - boohoo - but been trying to watch my wheat. I had pizza Friday night, after not eating wheat for like a month, and boy did I feel it! So glad I found a nice GF bread at TJ's, I was getting sick of soups. Now I need to figure out what other lunches I can have that are ez to prep. Image

My Treasure Map has been started but not completed - need to work on it asap! For some reason I was in a bleah funk all weekend and barely got stuff done. Weird how it being Monday suddenly perked up my attitude.

Looking forward to the meetup in two weeks!! Image

Amy - Will have to check out that PBS program. Would explain why some people are eternally thin! Thx for the rec! As for books, I can't get into real books anymore.. Apparently FF has completely corrupted me and all I find myself reading is FF. Glad you were able to do your reading marathon, I'm jealous! Image

Last Friday, my work friend's wife's rock band put on a free fan appreciation show at a local planetarium and I took Muffin - she is now a die hard rock fan, LOL! Which is a good counter to my DH's playing old 70's pop he keeps finding in Spotify Image

As usual I need some happineess so here's my smile for the day ;)
Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Miz visiting here! Image

Work has started a million steps thing with a Fibit pedometer, I expect to be receiving mine today. If I meet the million steps by year end, I get a $100 gift card.

Amy - As for books, I can't get into real books anymore.. Apparently FF has completely corrupted me and all I find myself reading is FF. Glad you were able to do your reading marathon, I'm jealous! [img]

As usual I need some happineess so here's my smile for the day ;)
Image


someone do the math, how many steps a day equals a million steps a year?
After watching that show i kind of want to get a big exercise ball so i can bounce on it while watching TV. (although I don't really watch a lot of TV.

Tell me what FF's you are reading and loving. I still read some but usually only when someone rec's them. and i REALLY want a completed or almost completed fic. post it here or email me or pm me stuff you like.

I really haven't enjoyed the books I got, except for my book i read on friday.

My DH comes home tonight and will turn around and leave again on Wednesday. (Muffin, how can you handle all your traveling?!) It's funny that when he and i go on that trip next month that we will be together for 2 whole weeks and that rarely happens. I hope we don't end up killing each other. He is gone about 130+ nights a year. I looked and i will be PMSing the week we are in Germany and M-ing while in Paris and London.....fun.

Image

I completed all of the health and safety online test so I start my training for my new job tomorrow. I haven't had my TB shot yet so I think it will just be with the camera equipment and a fake baby.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Amy, I'm lucky that my travel is fairly limited, I probably travel about 20-30 or so total days a year, so its not too bad.
As to how far is a million steps - its about 500 miles. I figure I'll keep it on my all the time, see how it goes. Worst that can happen is that I don’t get my gift card.
I'll go thru my FF list of things I've inhaled lately and send you a PM with some recs.

Having aunt flo tag along your trip ain't fun - but I promise you'll be having so much fun it will not matter so much.

Good luck with with your job training, how exciting! Though I have no clue why you need a TB shot or what you mean by camera & fake baby?
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby BrooklynBabe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Amy-I didn't realize you got the job-congrats. Sorry about Aunt Flo. I had her in LV and it wasn't pleasant but I made due. If you are on the pill maybe you want to adjust it so you don't get it. Also traveling sometimes messes it up so maybe you won't get it. I just had her 2 weeks or so ago and she came back-hence the terrible migraines from last week and this week.

MM-what do you mean you'll keep it on you all the time? A pedometer??? And what's up with the gift card? I'm confused.


Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
User avatar
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 pm


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:02 pm

:) darn it ! I'm trying to post from my phone, and I think I just accidentally "reported" my own post :(
Anyway, just wanted to say I'm loving that there's peeps here today. I've missed you all !
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Good luck with with your job training, how exciting! Though I have no clue why you need a TB shot or what you mean by camera & fake baby?


My new job is taking newborn photos. I have to have proof of all vaccinations and whatnot. it is for my protection as much as it is the babies and moms. I don't think i will be allowed to touch any babies until everything checks out. I think they will let me pose a fake baby (doll).

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:47 am

Working from home today, hoping being away from the office helps with getting paperwork done without distractions. And to make sure my house distractions don't call me I'm hiding in the basement, working on Muffin's playtable… plan is to buy a desk & tuck it in a corner here but for now the table will have to do (thankfully I’m short so its not too bad :lol: !)

BrooklynBabe wrote:MM-what do you mean you'll keep it on you all the time? A pedometer??? And what's up with the gift card? I'm confused.


BB, sorry if I was confusing - in order to qualify for the 'cheaper' health plan, work is forcing us to 'earn' points by doing 'health related' stuff like getting a physical, take classes, exercise, etc. Some of it is pretty cheesy (the phone coaching is practically a joke, for example). One way to earn points is by wearing a pedometer, if you reach a million steps you earn 500 points. If you reach 2000 points you get a giftcard.
BTW, I always looooove your RP pics, keep posting!!

Amy - let us know how the job works out, hope you like it!

I'm glad to be home - I got to sleep in and avoid 1 -1.5 hr commute home tonight, and will have time tonight to workout Image

For some reason Edward was on my mind today.I can never tell which movie each 'version' is from though..
Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:56 am

Muffinmom wrote:Working from home today, hoping being away from the office helps with getting paperwork done without distractions. And to make sure my house distractions don't call me I'm hiding in the basement, working on Muffin's playtable… plan is to buy a desk & tuck it in a corner here but for now the table will have to do (thankfully I’m short so its not too bad :lol: !)

BrooklynBabe wrote:MM-what do you mean you'll keep it on you all the time? A pedometer??? And what's up with the gift card? I'm confused.


BB, sorry if I was confusing - in order to qualify for the 'cheaper' health plan, work is forcing us to 'earn' points by doing 'health related' stuff like getting a physical, take classes, exercise, etc. Some of it is pretty cheesy (the phone coaching is practically a joke, for example). One way to earn points is by wearing a pedometer, if you reach a million steps you earn 500 points. If you reach 2000 points you get a giftcard.
BTW, I always looooove your RP pics, keep posting!!

Amy - let us know how the job works out, hope you like it!

I'm glad to be home - I got to sleep in and avoid 1 -1.5 hr commute home tonight, and will have time tonight to workout Image

For some reason Edward was on my mind today.I can never tell which movie each 'version' is from though..
Image


Eclipse and I love that pic.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
User avatar
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover
 
Posts: 10877
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 pm


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:18 pm

BrooklynBabe wrote:Eclipse and I love that pic.

I just KNEW I could count on you to tell me! Image

I suddenly realized that working from home I have access to my kitchen and to Muffin's candy stash Image but having DH here is my insurance policy that I don't raid the kitchen...
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Muffinmom wrote:I suddenly realized that working from home I have access to my kitchen and to Muffin's candy stash Image but having DH here is my insurance policy that I don't raid the kitchen...


Um, DH needs to start doing his job.... :oops:
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:07 am

How am I supposed to read an article like this and NOT want a big piece of cake

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-bu ... 41325.html

and to resign in a super creative way so that I can focus on my growing business - ah to dream.
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:44 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:How am I supposed to read an article like this and NOT want a big piece of cake

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-bu ... 41325.html

and to resign in a super creative way so that I can focus on my growing business - ah to dream.


That's too funny!! I'm just amazed at his being able to write so small on the cake. I'd love to resign but just so I can be a lazy rich bum (it would probably help if I played the lottery, LOL!) (not to mention this being a GUY starting a cake business... though I say that probably b/c DH can barely handle boiling water let alone baking :lol: )
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=litXW91UauE[/youtube]
I can't get this one to embedd↑, but this one↓ is a shortened version of the one above:
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby amynkansas » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:42 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=litXW91UauE[/youtube]
I can't get this one to embedd↑, but this one↓ is a shortened version of the one above:



"we should sepnd more time appreciating the things we do like (about ourselves)."
that was an extremely touching video (experiment). It gave me the warm fuzzies.
Thanks for sharing.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby amynkansas » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 am

Amy, I loooooove that Rob pic! *fans self!*Image

As to that Dove commercial - sigh - I felt uncomfortable watching it and when I saw this blogpost I knew why: http://jazzylittledrops.tumblr.com/post/48118645174/why-doves-real-beauty-sketches-video-makes-me Almost feels like its saying I'm supposed to feel insecure about my looks. Clearly looks are Very Important to All Women and We Should Worry About our Looks. Plus - all the women in the clip were trim, young, and mostly white, so if I'm not trim and young, and mostly white, am I ugly? Sorry, it just hits a raw nerve. Image

Yesterday I was soooo proud of me for not touching *any* sugar. Then I woke up at 3am with the munchies and had a sugar attack so I had a couple of DH's peppermint patties. Hrmph. Try again today! Image

On the frustrating side, I *hate* it when DH's emo side comes out. Like last night. Image And he can be Very Emo!

On the funny side, Muffin and I were torturing DH by singing Carpenters musicImage
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby amynkansas » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Muffinmom wrote:On the funny side, Muffin and I were torturing DH by singing Carpenters musicImage


keeping the carpenters theme and because it has been super rainy here...

Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:50 am

Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 am

Muffinmom wrote:As to that Dove commercial - sigh - I felt uncomfortable watching it and when I saw this blogpost I knew why: http://jazzylittledrops.tumblr.com/post/48118645174/why-doves-real-beauty-sketches-video-makes-me Almost feels like its saying I'm supposed to feel insecure about my looks. Clearly looks are Very Important to All Women and We Should Worry About our Looks. Plus - all the women in the clip were trim, young, and mostly white, so if I'm not trim and young, and mostly white, am I ugly? Sorry, it just hits a raw nerve. Image

I think the majority of white women are insecure about their looks vs. women who are more ethnic looking; this is not to say that ALL of one or the other group feels that way, but that has been my own personal observations. maybe that's why only the insecure white women were featured in that vid, it would make the biggest impact on the bigger target group (insecure white women :? ) IDK *shrugs* just like with any "real" reality based film spot like that, I'm sure there were MANY others who were rejected; they pick the ones that had the biggest difference. it's all in the marketing: the insecure ones with whom that whole experiment resonated with, will be the ones who will go out and buy Dove products now b/c "they understand me" ;) have you seen the spoof of the one they did with men? it was supposed to be funny & show how conceited men are, but THAT one hit a sore spot with me :| maybe I'm just too sensitive, but it was mean and it wrongly assumed that all decent looking men are conceited and think they look like movie stars :roll:
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 am

kelbel75 wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:As to that Dove commercial - sigh - I felt uncomfortable watching it and when I saw this blogpost I knew why: http://jazzylittledrops.tumblr.com/post/48118645174/why-doves-real-beauty-sketches-video-makes-me Almost feels like its saying I'm supposed to feel insecure about my looks. Clearly looks are Very Important to All Women and We Should Worry About our Looks. Plus - all the women in the clip were trim, young, and mostly white, so if I'm not trim and young, and mostly white, am I ugly? Sorry, it just hits a raw nerve. Image

I think the majority of white women are insecure about their looks vs. women who are more ethnic looking; this is not to say that ALL of one or the other group feels that way, but that has been my own personal observations. maybe that's why only the insecure white women were featured in that vid, it would make the biggest impact on the bigger target group (insecure white women :? ) IDK *shrugs* just like with any "real" reality based film spot like that, I'm sure there were MANY others who were rejected; they pick the ones that had the biggest difference. it's all in the marketing: the insecure ones with whom that whole experiment resonated with, will be the ones who will go out and buy Dove products now b/c "they understand me" ;) have you seen the spoof of the one they did with men? it was supposed to be funny & show how conceited men are, but THAT one hit a sore spot with me :| maybe I'm just too sensitive, but it was mean and it wrongly assumed that all decent looking men are conceited and think they look like movie stars :roll:


I read an interesting take on that Dove thing yesterday where the writer took offense to saying that women are their own worst critics and instead blaming a beauty & youth obsessed culture that tells women they aren't good enough unless they are young and gorgeous...
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 am

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:As to that Dove commercial - sigh - I felt uncomfortable watching it and when I saw this blogpost I knew why: http://jazzylittledrops.tumblr.com/post/48118645174/why-doves-real-beauty-sketches-video-makes-me Almost feels like its saying I'm supposed to feel insecure about my looks. Clearly looks are Very Important to All Women and We Should Worry About our Looks. Plus - all the women in the clip were trim, young, and mostly white, so if I'm not trim and young, and mostly white, am I ugly? Sorry, it just hits a raw nerve. Image

I think the majority of white women are insecure about their looks vs. women who are more ethnic looking; this is not to say that ALL of one or the other group feels that way, but that has been my own personal observations. maybe that's why only the insecure white women were featured in that vid, it would make the biggest impact on the bigger target group (insecure white women :? ) IDK *shrugs* just like with any "real" reality based film spot like that, I'm sure there were MANY others who were rejected; they pick the ones that had the biggest difference. it's all in the marketing: the insecure ones with whom that whole experiment resonated with, will be the ones who will go out and buy Dove products now b/c "they understand me" ;) have you seen the spoof of the one they did with men? it was supposed to be funny & show how conceited men are, but THAT one hit a sore spot with me :| maybe I'm just too sensitive, but it was mean and it wrongly assumed that all decent looking men are conceited and think they look like movie stars :roll:


I read an interesting take on that Dove thing yesterday where the writer took offense to saying that women are their own worst critics and instead blaming a beauty & youth obsessed culture that tells women they aren't good enough unless they are young and gorgeous...

a beauty and youth obsessed culture...led by women ;) we are each other's own worst critic. generally men will find something diff't that he deems beautiful in each individual woman, and it may not hold true for every woman either; blue eyes on one woman may seem amazing, but on another blue-eyed woman he likes the lips better, etc. the majority of men I've listened to may indeed describe skinny blondes as attractive, but say curvy, casual brunettes are beautiful; there is oftentimes a difference between "attractive and beautiful" as well. beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, with our varying personal definitions 8-)
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm

kelbel75 wrote:a beauty and youth obsessed culture...led by women ;) we are each other's own worst critic. generally men will find something diff't that he deems beautiful in each individual woman, and it may not hold true for every woman either; blue eyes on one woman may seem amazing, but on another blue-eyed woman he likes the lips better, etc. the majority of men I've listened to may indeed describe skinny blondes as attractive, but say curvy, casual brunettes are beautiful; there is oftentimes a difference between "attractive and beautiful" as well. beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, with our varying personal definitions 8-)


No, led by men. Think of all the movies, tv shows, and heck sometimes even real life couples where there's a gorgeous woman with a schlumpy dude. How many times do you see a gorgeous dude with a schlumpy wife?

Here's the article if anyone is curious: http://www.missrepresentation.org/media ... y-critics/
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16205
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 pm

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:a beauty and youth obsessed culture...led by women ;) we are each other's own worst critic. generally men will find something diff't that he deems beautiful in each individual woman, and it may not hold true for every woman either; blue eyes on one woman may seem amazing, but on another blue-eyed woman he likes the lips better, etc. the majority of men I've listened to may indeed describe skinny blondes as attractive, but say curvy, casual brunettes are beautiful; there is oftentimes a difference between "attractive and beautiful" as well. beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, with our varying personal definitions 8-)


No, led by men. Think of all the movies, tv shows, and heck sometimes even real life couples where there's a gorgeous woman with a schlumpy dude. How many times do you see a gorgeous dude with a schlumpy wife?

Here's the article if anyone is curious: http://www.missrepresentation.org/media ... y-critics/

in real life I see it happening in the younger generation, which makes me all kinds of happy to see :D (when you see it in older generations you're never quite sure if it's "real" b/c she may have been quite cute, before life trampled all over her ;) ) but I think the majority of the time, you are right, it is the better looking woman instead of the better looking man. our gender tends to look to the person's heart and soul quicker tho, whereas men can be distracted easily by pretty, shiny things :P this always confused me in nature, b/c with animals it's always the male who is more appealing to the eye to get the females attention, and the female's colors are always more muted and drab looking b/c it doesn't really matter how she looks; she gets to do the choosing. weird :?
User avatar
kelbel75
Craft Services
 
Posts: 4943
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Indiana, USA


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Um, Hi there!
I know I've been MIA - I blame work... they gave me a new computer on Monday, and it just plain refuses to let me log in here! Driving me totally batty to just read from afar but not be able to comment. Oh well! I did miz you all though!

What a discussion on the Dove commercial! I think we can all agree its given us food for thought and not exactly the thoughts Dove was hoping for...

Been using my work given pedometer. Got the brilliant idea of putting it on my sneakers when using the exercise bike, and it works! If I can get 6000 steps a day on average, I'll be on track to meet my 1M steps target for the year. So far so good.

AND I decided to sign up with my yoga teacher who's offering to do personal training at our work gym. I absolutely adore her even when I'm ready to keel her for making us do crazy yoga poses, so I'm expecting her to do the same while training us. I already survived the Spanish Inquisition on this decision (DH doesn't trust me to stick to this... since I do tend to go hot/cold when I find something new). But I'm going to use this as an opportunity to make some very needed changes - earlier bedtime, which in turn requires food planning. Since I've gotten pretty regular with my exercising. Debating if I want to track my progress via a blog just to keep myself accountable. The biggest downside of the blog would be the time needed to type it. hmmm...

My treasure map is *almost* done, I just need to go buy a glue stick (not sure where Muffin hid hers...)

Looking forward to the NYC Meetup!!Image It will probably be my last hurrah for the next couple of months so I'm going to enjoy it plus can't wait to meet everyone!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Irrevocably in love with...getting healthy!

Postby amynkansas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:17 pm

just cuz

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests