Go to footer

Take Me Back

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Take Me Back

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:12 am

Alexandra wrote:Hey Jodie, how's your tea related injury? Is your burned hand feeling any better?

It is! Until I forget about it and scrape it against something.. :? But at least it's stopped being simultaneously numb and excruciatingly painful. And I made damn sure the lid to the teapot was secured this morning.

It's actually a little funny, you know those pictures we used to have when we were little where you look at them from one direction and it's a picture of Mickey Mouse or whatever and you look at it from another direction and it's Donald Duck? My finger is like that. When it's out straight it's all white and normal looking, but if I bend it you can see where it's all red and burnt to fuck. Oh well. I'll probably live. And I probably won't have black tea at 9PM again since my brain was still going strong at 1AM. :? Oh well. It was good tea. And will soon be available on adagio! ;)

I'm glad you finally made it home and with some extra moolah for your next trip! And I'm glad you were kind to the French lady. Her husband sounds like an a-hole. If I was her I'd be happy if he missed the shuttle. SEE YA!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:43 am

lori_seals wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

How did I just see this?? Semi-NSFW

ETA: DED http://www.wetpaint.com/vampire-diaries ... tub-racy#1

:shock: How did we not know about this?

I just saw it on Dlisted yesterday. He was not impressed, but me likey! :D
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:44 am

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
Jeesh, Even I was sharing these photos on Friday! I'm usually the last person to see these things!

Shuttie! I've been living in work hell for months!!

Oh. wait. I was "sick" Friday. :D

Yeah, SEE? No excuses.[/quote]

I was drunk Friday. :?
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby lori_seals » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:09 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:

I was Thurs night. And Friday night. :?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:35 pm

lori_seals wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:

I was Thurs night. And Friday night. :?

:lol: I'm such a lightweight (well, lighter than I was before even) since I haven't been out much the last few months. With this shot schedule and with my wallet being empty (thanks Nikki! :? ) I got drunk by accident. :lol: :roll:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:29 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:I just saw it on Dlisted yesterday. He was not impressed, but me likey! :D

Who wasn't? Michael K? Pfft. Loser.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:00 pm

Hey DE (or anyone else with opinions)

Since I can't make it to Pedro's wedding I'd like to send him a little something as a gift. They didn't send a registry list or anything and I don't want to just send cash like someone's crazy aunt. Is there a gift card for something good? Or any other suggestions?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:47 pm

JodieO wrote:Hey DE (or anyone else with opinions)

Since I can't make it to Pedro's wedding I'd like to send him a little something as a gift. They didn't send a registry list or anything and I don't want to just send cash like someone's crazy aunt. Is there a gift card for something good? Or any other suggestions?

Why don't you do a combo gift - something small & special (like a book of wedding poems/ figurine, etc) For example - one of my fave wedding gifts was a small netsuke that our friend got at the Museum Store - cute, special, different. We got that plus a small check. (http://www.museumstorecompany.com/Miniatures-Netsuke-c37/) The check is long gone but the netsuke is there still.
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
JodieO wrote:Hey DE (or anyone else with opinions)

Why don't you do a combo gift - something small & special (like a book of wedding poems/ figurine, etc) For example - one of my fave wedding gifts was a small netsuke that our friend got at the Museum Store - cute, special, different. We got that plus a small check. (http://www.museumstorecompany.com/Miniatures-Netsuke-c37/) The check is long gone but the netsuke is there still.

Those are lovely! If they had one of Hulk Hogan Pedro would have loved it!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:13 pm

JodieO wrote:Those are lovely! If they had one of Hulk Hogan Pedro would have loved it!

So I decided to see what I could find for you for Pedro with Hulk Hogan on it. (Because that's a normal activity for 5 pm on a Tuesday.) Sorry about the picture of the baby, but please brace yourself and click the spoiler box. Here's the perfect baby present for when Pedro and his bride reproduce.

ETA: I also found some lovely Hulk Hogan cufflinks that are for sale on Esty. :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:Those are lovely! If they had one of Hulk Hogan Pedro would have loved it!

So I decided to see what I could find for you for Pedro with Hulk Hogan on it. (Because that's a normal activity for 5 pm on a Tuesday.) Sorry about the picture of the baby, but please brace yourself and click the spoiler box. Here's the perfect baby present for when Pedro and his bride reproduce.

ETA: I also found some lovely Hulk Hogan cufflinks that are for sale on Esty. :lol:

ILY
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Kay Kay wrote:My naivety is showing. I know, okay? Okay?!

But it totally just occurred Mr. KK and me that we have to pay for this whole baby production. I was uninsured all through college and before that I was a teacher's kid. So my grasp of insurance was pretty stark : All or nothing, literally.
But I have yet to get a bill for my first two appointments and I haven't even the SLIGHTEST clue what to expect. I think doctors appointments are just a copay but we're expected to pay 20% of the delivery. Fuck if I know how much delivery costs. So, seriously, how much do they cost? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Typically, the OB bills a global fee, which means you just pay one copay for the whole shebang, but I can't speak for your specific situation. What kind of plan do you have...PPO? HMO? Indemnity? For PPO and HMO, you should see delivery listed out as a specific line item in your summary of benefits.

I would def call your insurance provider. Your dr likely knows the "rules" for billing with your particular insurer, but you don't want to be caught off-guard. Agree with the other suggestions to be vigilant about checking your billing statements and EOBs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:25 am

Is everyone already gone for the long weekend?

Today it is dark and dreary and raining cats and dogs here. And to make this morning even more delightful, I was backing out of my parking space after dropping my little guy off at camp and someone backed into me. Grrrrr. To be honest, both cars were moving when we collided. It was all clear when I started backing out and then boom, she didn't see me and backed right into me. :( That's 2 accidents in the past 3 weeks. Do not like. Before this I hadn't had anything in 20 years. I am sad. So I called and made an appointment at the auto body repair shop that one of my co-workers recommended. Sigh.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 am

Alexandra wrote:Is everyone already gone for the long weekend?

Today it is dark and dreary and raining cats and dogs here. And to make this morning even more delightful, I was backing out of my parking space after dropping my little guy off at camp and someone backed into me. Grrrrr. To be honest, both cars were moving when we collided. It was all clear when I started backing out and then boom, she didn't see me and backed right into me. :( That's 2 accidents in the past 3 weeks. Do not like. Before this I hadn't had anything in 20 years. I am sad. So I called and made an appointment at the auto body repair shop that one of my co-workers recommended. Sigh.

I'm still here! And I'll be back on Friday. :cry:

That is a super bummer about your car. I hope the damage wasn't too bad! Did you already have the other damage fixed or can you blame the other damages on her? ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 am

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Is everyone already gone for the long weekend?

I'm still here! And I'll be back on Friday. :cry:

That is a super bummer about your car. I hope the damage wasn't too bad! Did you already have the other damage fixed or can you blame the other damages on her? ;)

I already had the other damages fixed. This doesn't look too awful. I am hopeful that the auto repair guys can just pound it out so it looks pretty again. The last one didn't involve any metal, just a smashed and busted out tail light assembly. Thank goodness for those plastic bumpers that just pop back into place.

And I'll be here on Friday, too. :cry:

In unrelated news: I meant to tell you that my mom thinks that she might have graduated HS with your Dad. 1962. She said that the girls and boys were largely kept seperate, but that his name sounded familiar. If she's right, it really is a small world. ;)
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 am

Alexandra wrote:I already had the other damages fixed. This doesn't look too awful. I am hopeful that the auto repair guys can just pound it out so it looks pretty again. The last one didn't involve any metal, just a smashed and busted out tail light assembly. Thank goodness for those plastic bumpers that just pop back into place.

In unrelated news: I meant to tell you that my mom thinks that she might have graduated HS with your Dad. 1962. She said that the girls and boys were largely kept seperate, but that his name sounded familiar. If she's right, it really is a small world. ;)

HAHAHAHA!! That's hilarious! My dad was either class of 61 or 62... What's your mom's name? I'll ask him if he knows her! He goes to John Bapst alumni parties fairly regularly.

It should be illegal to have to work on a Friday when Thursday is a holiday! What the hell were our forefathers even fighting for?!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 am

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I already had the other damages fixed. This doesn't look too awful. I am hopeful that the auto repair guys can just pound it out so it looks pretty again. The last one didn't involve any metal, just a smashed and busted out tail light assembly. Thank goodness for those plastic bumpers that just pop back into place.

HAHAHAHA!! That's hilarious! My dad was either class of 61 or 62... What's your mom's name? I'll ask him if he knows her! He goes to John Bapst alumni parties fairly regularly.

It should be illegal to have to work on a Friday when Thursday is a holiday! What the hell were our forefathers even fighting for?!

I just sent a you a PM. It just felt wrong to put last names here for the whole world to see. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And yes, I think it is unpatriotic for us to have to work on Friday. Boo.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 am

Alexandra wrote:I just sent a you a PM. It just felt wrong to put last names here for the whole world to see. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clearly the terrorists have won.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:43 am

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:I just sent a you a PM. It just felt wrong to put last names here for the whole world to see. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clearly the terrorists have won.

:lol:
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:07 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chris is getting me a Kindle Fire HD for my birthday!! YAY ME!! I almost ordered one for myself cause I"m used to that shit. If I want it, I've got to take care of it myself..ya know?

He ordered one the minute I said I wanted it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:22 pm

lori_seals wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chris is getting me a Kindle Fire HD for my birthday!! YAY ME!! I almost ordered one for myself cause I"m used to that shit. If I want it, I've got to take care of it myself..ya know?

Yay! It sounds like you've found a keeper! I'm really liking this Chris fellow. :D
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Whoo hoo! Does he have a brother? I need a new phone!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:30 pm

JodieO wrote:

He does!! Annnnnd he's married with 3 children.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Alexandra wrote:

Yay! It sounds like you've found a keeper! I'm really liking this Chris fellow. :D

Me too. ♥
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:45 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

He does!! Annnnnd he's married with 3 children.

What a tease!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats