Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

As if you could outrun me

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:44 am

Challenge:
1- Goal to be active at least 5 days a week for at last 1/2 hr a day
2 - At least 3 days have to be cardio active days (walk/run/bike/swim/etc), other days can be strength / flexibility/ other type of exercise.
3- Each week you need to stop by the board at least ONCE and report on how you did the week before.
4. We do this for all of June and July

What are you doing just sitting there at your computer? GO GET YOUR TRAINERS ON AND GET GOING!!!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 am

i would like to know why, since i have been working, which requires me to walk A LOT and never sitting down for at least 5 hours, and I don't take breaks so I am not snacking like i used to do all day long at home, WHY is the fat NOT flying off of me?!!!

WHY?!!!!
:x :x :x

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:56 pm

WOOHOO we got a new challenge!!

Who’s joining? What are your plans for the week?

Today I got up early and did a ½ hr on the exercise bike at work. I even left the house while wearing my workout clothes, and was embarrassed when I got to the office late b/c traffic was a biatch… ah well, its all worth it, right?

My Plans this week:
-Tues exercise bike AM
-Wed exercise bike AM
-Thursday one hr training session
-Friday 45 min yoga class
-Saturday will take a break and sleep in
-Sunday will go rock climbing with my brother and a friend (never done it, we’ll see how it goes, its #19 from my 50 list…)

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: What does everyone do to keep themselves motivated?

So far my Kindle is MY FRIEND and main motivator, mainly reading FF, perhaps I’ll get back to watching movies/tv shows (still need to finish watching the first episode of vampire diaries…)

Amy - assuming your question wasn't rhetorical... methinks you need to dig a bit deeper, is your body healthy (nothing outta whack like thyroid or digestion?) Are you eating well? Are you doing any 'cardio' activity more than just walking from place to place? If you need someone to bounce off ideas/whine/etc LMK I'd be happy to chat!
(PS - thx for getting this thread started!)
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:59 pm

today is a lovely 55 degrees and over cast, so I'm gathering the kiddos and going over to the state park for a walk :D (I like cold, cloudy days so that wasn't sarcasm ;) )

this is what keeps me motivated 8-)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Right now motivation is my goal.
I need to get some.
ha.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Right now motivation is my goal.
I need to get some.
ha.

I also need some...any ideas?
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:41 am

amynkansas wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Right now motivation is my goal.
I need to get some.
ha.

I also need some...any ideas?

Maybe we could go bathing suit shopping together. I'm pretty certain that might scare me off food. Forever.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:01 am

1. is it Kelbel or Obava that watches Game of Thrones?
2. Where the bleep IS Obav?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 am

Motivation? Mine is wanting to FEEL GOOD and stay healthy. Let's just say I dont' want to end up like my parents are right now, their main activity is dr apts (*shudder!!*)

I think Obava is gafiating (Getting Away From It All) from this board, haven't seen her in forever here. Sniff. Miss her!!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:49 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:1. is it Kelbel or Obava that watches Game of Thrones?
2. Where the bleep IS Obav?

that would be Obava, not me; I've only actually seen one episode ever :shock: Obava has had some stressful RL job stuff going on lately; she's still actively on facebook and twitter tho :)

yesterday I successfully accomplished some walking, today it will be free-weights to tackle those floppy underarms :? then treadmill tomorrow ;)

Image Image
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 am

kelbel75 wrote:yesterday I successfully accomplished some walking, today it will be free-weights to tackle those floppy underarms :? then treadmill tomorrow ;)

Way to go Kel!! Image Image Image
Last edited by Muffinmom on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:49 am

Had a bit too much wine last night but it was worth it... (had dinner out for our anniversary).
So this is me now:

And I need to decide if I'm doing yoga or exercise bike lunchtime today... I had promised DH I'd do both since I had the wine & a huge dessert but I just couldn't get up in time this morning... decisions...

OHHHH and on a totally Twi nerdy note - I just realized I know J Jenks!!! Granted she's in Texas but still pretty cool to send emails to JJ!!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Muffinmom wrote:OHHHH and on a totally Twi nerdy note - I just realized I know J Jenks!!! Granted she's in Texas but still pretty cool to send emails to JJ!!

AND handy if you need to change your identity and flee the country....

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:55 am

60 mins. weight training (arms) + static training legs on Tuesday
30 mins. stepping (cardio) Wednesday.

This is me today

Except the part about lifting the arm to stifle the yawn. My arms ain't movin' anywhere today.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:53 am

amynkansas wrote:AND handy if you need to change your identity and flee the country....

LOL! Except this JJ can only help me with getting lab testing done. Thankfully I have no need for identity change :lol:
AMY- any plans to move/exercise? Please share!!

absolutelyvlc wrote:60 mins. weight training (arms) + static training legs on Tuesday
30 mins. stepping (cardio) Wednesday.

WOW ABS - so proud of you!! WAY TO GO!! Image

I was ->THIS<- close to not working out this AM before work since I was running late, but since I'd left the house in gym clothes I forced myself to go to the work gym anyway and do the exercise bike. I may attempt to do some lunges tonight when I get home since we had no personal training today (my partner couldn't make it).

Here's a smile for today:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:35 pm

I've been spending every spare moment I've had gardening. When the weather cooperates. And trust me, that's way more physical than you realize when you say to yourself "I think I'll grow some pretty flowers..."
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 pm

JodieO wrote:I've been spending every spare moment I've had gardening. When the weather cooperates. And trust me, that's way more physical than you realize when you say to yourself "I think I'll grow some pretty flowers..."

WAY TO GO, Jodie!!

Just for that I let RA pick some flowers for you...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:44 am

JodieO wrote:I've been spending every spare moment I've had gardening. When the weather cooperates. And trust me, that's way more physical than you realize when you say to yourself "I think I'll grow some pretty flowers..."

Ab-so-lute-ly! I've been more sore after a gardening workout than some of the most intense physical training workouts. YOu don't even realize how much you're working until the next day when you're like "what the frig!" But it's worth it in the end. Let's see some pics of your garden.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am

Happy Friday!!

Which means its also lunchtime Yoga Friday for me. I googled for RP & Yoga, and I mostly got pics of Kristen :? ...weird!!!
I did find this gem, even if its not quite Downward Facing Dog...

What's everyone doing this weekend? I'll be up in the Catskills on Sunday with my brother, he's going to take me rock climbing. Then he wants to take me out for a beer. Hope I survive! (him or the climb, either one! :lol: )
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:37 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:

Ab-so-lute-ly! I've been more sore after a gardening workout than some of the most intense physical training workouts. YOu don't even realize how much you're working until the next day when you're like "what the frig!" But it's worth it in the end. Let's see some pics of your garden.

Oh, my garden is nowhere NEAR photo ready. When I decided it was going to be a flower garden rather than a veggie garden a few years ago I just started planting things willy nilly and it looked TERRIBLE. Then last year I didn't spend a single day out there and it got overgrown with crab grass and solomon's seal and snow-on-the-mountain. So now I'm spending hours and hours just pulling up undesirable plants so that I can get to the point where I can start moving things to more logical locations. And THEN maybe by the end of the summer it will be at a stage where I can start planting things again... :?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 am

Jodie - can you clear out a small corner and plant something at least? Herbs or something else that's ez? So you can have a little green happy corner while you work on the rest? And with the right tools it shouldn't take that long, do you have access to a rototiller perhaps? Either way, enjoy the gardening!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:10 am

Muffinmom wrote:Jodie - can you clear out a small corner and plant something at least? Herbs or something else that's ez? So you can have a little green happy corner while you work on the rest? And with the right tools it shouldn't take that long, do you have access to a rototiller perhaps? Either way, enjoy the gardening!

The rototiller is too big to get in around the flowers that are already there.

I have planted a few things. I put in some morning glories where I used to have mint (the snow-on-the-mountain choked it out) with some pansies in front of them. I've grown Grandpa Ott's morning glories there for years, but was afraid they'd been smothered out, but I see a few little seedlings bravely coming up, so now there are (hopefully) some red and blue ones joining them this year. I planted a moonflower, too, but I think that died. =( I've got some pepper plants in some big window boxes, so hopefully I'll have some of those to eat this year. I think my best bet is going to be to move things to where I want them, then I'm going to lay down 4-5 layers of newspaper around them and then mulch the fuck out of the place in hopes of starving the weeds of sunlight and killing them that way. Or at the very least making it easier to weed in the long run.

I've got a plan on where I want my established plants to go... The lupin needs to be moved to the back corner because it's ENORMOUS, but I want to wait until the flowers have gone by in case I kill it. Which means I need to find a new spot for the seedums. I've just cleared a space that gets a lot of morning shade, so I need to find something that will be happy there. And now that the tulips have gone by I need to dig those up and decide a better place for them since they look stupid where they are now. But I need to find a later bloomer to plant with them since they go by so early.... It's just a lot of decisions and careful planning! I should just draw out a map...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 am

Wow - that IS a lot of planning! as long as you have your bit of green at least ;)

For the rototiller - this is what I use, I adore mine b/c I don't have to harass DH to pull out the bigger tiller, and its great for tiny spaces (not to mention a great workout!), its a manual garden tiller:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 am

Muffinmom wrote:Wow - that IS a lot of planning! as long as you have your bit of green at least ;)

For the rototiller - this is what I use, I adore mine b/c I don't have to harass DH to pull out the bigger tiller, and its great for tiny spaces (not to mention a great workout!), its a manual garden tiller:

I have one of those! It's buried somewhere in the shed... hrmm.... It also has a really short handle, so even at my height I end up having to be all hunched over to work it.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:50 pm

I mowed today (it takes about an hour). I also will be cleaning tonight (but no formal cardio). I am pmsing and just want to eat and cry and sleep so it will have to do tonight. My DH comes home tomorrow and his B-day Sunday. I was going to have the place clean as a gift (serenity NOW!) and some German beer. But I have a long ways to go. I wasn't suppose to work tomorrow but someone got sick so I am taking her shift. Only 6 ladies in labor so hopefully tomorrow will be short.

Okay, off for more cleaning.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat