Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby LCneiny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:25 am

Hey Abs, can you airmail me some poutine?? This pregnant lady has some cravings and french fries topped with cheese curd and gravy sounds mighty yummy right about now :lol:

I did find some restaurants in Philly that serve it but I'm assuming it just won't be the same in the US....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Poutine? I just googled it and it sounds... weird... you're having some mighty weird cravings, lady!! [img]http://forums.hippymom.com/images/smilies/crack.gif
[/img]

Had my 1 hr training session with my yoga teacher today. Image Holy cow, I felt way out of shape, probably b/c we didn't get to do our sessions for two weeks.

Well Jorge Cruise is working his magic - I'm struggling to keep up with the 100 gm of sugar max (where sugar=4xcarbs) and boy its HARD HARD HARD but this morning I was 3.5lbs less so can't complain. I think I'll do my best to stick to this for two weeks then I'll ease out of it and add in 2-3 carb servings a day just to be more nutritionally balanced. I told DH I will also target to have wheat no more than once/week to try and curb my wheat addiction.
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Poutine? I just googled it and it sounds... weird... you're having some mighty weird cravings, lady!!

Poutine is the most glorious food on earth.

You should be able to get it in any NYC area diner under the name 'disco fries'.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LCneiny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:52 pm

JodieO wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Poutine? I just googled it and it sounds... weird... you're having some mighty weird cravings, lady!!

You should be able to get it in any NYC area diner under the name 'disco fries'.

It totally is!!! I had my doubts but Abs insisted I try when up in Canada and it was really, really good.

Now I want to drive to NYC just to order "disco fries" at a diner - how fun!
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby LCneiny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:55 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Poutine? I just googled it and it sounds... weird... you're having some mighty weird cravings, lady!! [img]http://forums.hippymom.com/images/smilies/crack.gif
[/img]

Had my 1 hr training session with my yoga teacher today. Image Holy cow, I felt way out of shape, probably b/c we didn't get to do our sessions for two weeks.

Well Jorge Cruise is working his magic - I'm struggling to keep up with the 100 gm of sugar max (where sugar=4xcarbs) and boy its HARD HARD HARD but this morning I was 3.5lbs less so can't complain. I think I'll do my best to stick to this for two weeks then I'll ease out of it and add in 2-3 carb servings a day just to be more nutritionally balanced. I told DH I will also target to have wheat no more than once/week to try and curb my wheat addiction.

Yeah I googled poutine before I had it too and I was not so sure but trust, it's delicious. But definitely stay away when you're on a diet :)

Yay for yoga! I'm going to my first hour-long session tomorrow after not going for a few months and I'm nervous. I do some at home but this is probably going to be tough.

Good for you for cutting out sugar, keep it up! May I suggest sweet potatoes as a healthy carb? I love those!
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:46 am

LCneiny wrote:Hey Abs, can you airmail me some poutine?? This pregnant lady has some cravings and french fries topped with cheese curd and gravy sounds mighty yummy right about now :lol:

I did find some restaurants in Philly that serve it but I'm assuming it just won't be the same in the US....

SURE! I mean, absolutely (get it? haha). Though, I'm not sure the cheese curds will survive the trip! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Muffinmom wrote:Poutine? I just googled it and it sounds... weird... you're having some mighty weird cravings, lady!! [img]http://forums.hippymom.com/images/smilies/crack.gif
[/img]

I'm worried about this next week. My Pilates trainer had to cancel last week's class (go figure - she was probably busy doing the backstroke trying to get out of the parking lot at the gym!) so next week's hour will be a challenge (more than usual). But in a strange kind of way I"m looking forward to it.

JodieO wrote:

church.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:08 am

Well, I'm not much for gravy, period, so I'll have to let that one sit (plus I'm dieting anyway so wouldn't be trying these anytime soon!!)

LC - enjoy your yoga!!! I need to do some at home today, I'm SO SO SO sore from yesterday's training session, plus I know I'll be sore from today's gardening. I took today off to finish getting our house ready for Muffin's birthday party tomorrow. So you wouldn't be seeing me for a while here.

I'm sadz I just found out a favorite board I love to hang out at is going to close down in six weeks. Image feels like the end of an era. At least I'll keep the friends I made there via facebook. But it wouldn't be the same. Gets me worried about this board too...

In the meantime, I think we need to do a little decorating...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:42 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
In the meantime, I think we need to do a little decorating...

WHAT IS THIS!?
AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, ARE THERE MORE PHOTOS FROM THIS SHOOT ?!

Eta: on closer inspection, I think this is a mock up
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:57 am

sadsies.
R.I.P. Cory

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:58 am

Abs - LMAO, yeah I think its a mock up but it was too good to passup! *drool*!!
And that was sad news, true.

How was everyone's weekend? We had Muffin's birthday party on Saturday. With the rain coming/going we ended up having the party inside, my poor brother ended up bbqing by himself outside with our deck umbrella jerry-rigged to cover the food. But we did have a good time. And ate WAAAAY too much cake. Which made me realize I forgot to bring the cake to work today. ARGH! It needed to leave my house!!!

I was doing pretty good watching my food last week, then realized I'd forgotten to get more of my thyroid pills from my doc, which means any wt loss was just water (which my jeans were sadly telling me). ARGH! So I'm off to the dr's during lunch today to restock. And I'm restarting my goals TODAY:
* 2 cups green veggies (anything green not just leafy things)
* 6-8 cups water
* 100 gm sugar, where sugar=carbs x 4 (stole this from Jorge Cruise)

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 am

Muffinmom wrote:which means any wt loss was just water

what does this mean?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:32 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:

what does this mean?

I meant water weight not fat weight - hope that makes more sense? My jeans felt just as tight, so that tells me I wasn't loosing 'real' inches.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 am

"Great acting in bad movies"
The tension at the heart of the Twilight films should make for fascinating cinema: It’s part low-key, naturalistic relationship drama (with surprisingly good taste in music), and part Epic Supernatural Metaphorical Teen Romance For The Ages. Unfortunately, the films consistently flip the two, depicting universal true love as a pair of insipid teens stammering out their lines on one hand, and on the other, acting like irrelevant global vampire politics are a necessary to the story. The only actor who emerges relatively unharmed from this toxic cocktail of aesthetic dissonance is Billy Burke, playing Bella’s father, Charlie Swan.
-gofobo
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 am

amynkansas wrote:"Great acting in bad movies"
The tension at the heart of the Twilight films should make for fascinating cinema: It’s part low-key, naturalistic relationship drama (with surprisingly good taste in music), and part Epic Supernatural Metaphorical Teen Romance For The Ages. Unfortunately, the films consistently flip the two, depicting universal true love as a pair of insipid teens stammering out their lines on one hand, and on the other, acting like irrelevant global vampire politics are a necessary to the story. The only actor who emerges relatively unharmed from this toxic cocktail of aesthetic dissonance is Billy Burke, playing Bella’s father, Charlie Swan.
-gofobo

Charlie has always been the clear winner.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:43 pm

-gofobo

Image Don't you dare dis Twilight!! Image What the heck is a gofobo, anyways? Image
And honestly I don't think RP's doing too bad after his stint inTwilight...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:10 am

Muffinmom wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:

what does this mean?

I meant water weight not fat weight - hope that makes more sense? My jeans felt just as tight, so that tells me I wasn't loosing 'real' inches.

Oh, no. Sorry, I meant - how is thyroid medication related to water weight? I have recently started on thyroid meds (well, not THAT recently, it's been a few years but we're still trying to work out the dose) and I haven't been off it since so I'm just wondering what you meant about water weight coming off when you stop taking it (so far if I miss a day I just get wickedly tired and can barely function)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:44 am

They meds & water weight aren't really related - I just meant that when I don't take the meds, I don't loose anything, period, no matter how hard I try. So my guess is that the bit of weight I lost was due to water loss rather than fat loss. Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Muffinmom wrote:They meds & water weight aren't really related - I just meant that when I don't take the meds, I don't loose anything, period, no matter how hard I try. So my guess is that the bit of weight I lost was due to water loss rather than fat loss. Image

Ooooooooooh, I get it. I'm an idiot. My bad. My brain just hasn't been working properly lately.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby LCneiny » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:01 am

JodieO wrote:
-gofobo

Has anyone been watching him in Revolution? At first it was difficult for me to see him in a different part than Cop Charlie but by the end of the season he had totally made me believe he was Miles.
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby JodieO » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 am

LCneiny wrote:
JodieO wrote:
-gofobo

Has anyone been watching him in Revolution? At first it was difficult for me to see him in a different part than Cop Charlie but by the end of the season he had totally made me believe he was Miles.

I haven't been watching that, but I had seen him in a few episodes of Rizzoli & Isles and The Closer. I mainly missed the mustache.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:12 am

Rob arrives in Toronto. He is doing the "sweat it off" diet.
(srsly, it hit 45C/113F here yesterday)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:13 am

I like The Smiths too :D

Ps - I'm gay.

PPS - but I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:34 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Rob arrives in Toronto. He is doing the "sweat it off" diet.
(srsly, it hit 45C/113F here yesterday)

Is he carrying a ladies' oversized hobo handbag??
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm choosing to believe he's being a chivalrous gentleman and helping a tired fellow (female) passenger with her luggage.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 am

uuuuugh, it's so hot. Too hot to exercise!! (I'm making excuses)

It really is quite hot though. And despite the advancements of exercise wear like moisture wisking shirts and such, there's still far too much of this out jogging

Ew!

But I'm not judging. IF I looked like this in my exercise gear it would be one thing

But the truth is I look more like this

Meh, it's ok. When I look in the mirror this is what I see:
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat