Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:53 am

yes, Pilates is the culprit.

The "problem" is that my Pilates instructor brought a killer playlist to class and I just kept pushing harder and harder as I rocked out to the awesome tunage.
Also, it doesn't help that since it's the summer session most participants have dropped out and we're doing class with only 4 students. The four of us are "hardcore" I guess. And I figure our instructor thinks we're hard core too so she's pushing us harder than when there's a full class of casual participants.
or maybe I've just convinced myself of this so I don't feel like a loser :D
It's fun, but it's grueling sometimes. Yesterday my legs were on FIRE!!!! I hobbled around and moaned and groaned all day.
Luckily my arms weren't too sore yesterday, so I wasn't a complete waste of space. I'm still achy today, but in a "oh man, my legs are sore, that was a good workout" kind of way. Yesterday my legs hurt in a "oh God, everything hurts, please put me out of my misery" kind of way.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:52 am

Today is Wiggle Your Toes Day. I'm not kidding. You can Google it. So even if you get no other exercise, stretch those little piggies and get them wiggling today. It's good for you!

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:53 pm

"amy gave me a hickey...right here."

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:04 pm

How many calories did you burn giving him that hickey? :D

PS - what the pooh is an "Italian Chandelier"? (too scared to Google it)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:37 am

I think my Pilates instructor is trying to kill me.
Sometimes I wish she just would so I could forgo the Thursday Ache.
This week's Thursday Ache has trickled over into Friday.
All the stretching in the world isn't helping me. I wish I could just have a Vulcan pinch me and make my muscles let go. Or maybe have a vampire glamour me.
uuuugh.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby LCneiny » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:12 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:I think my Pilates instructor is trying to kill me.
Sometimes I wish she just would so I could forgo the Thursday Ache.
This week's Thursday Ache has trickled over into Friday.
All the stretching in the world isn't helping me. I wish I could just have a Vulcan pinch me and make my muscles let go. Or maybe have a vampire glamour me.
uuuugh.

Yikes! Are you pushing TOO hard? No injuries please!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:56 am

Abs - I have to ask the same thing as LC, can you tone things down a bit during your pilates class? Be careful!!!

I'm back from vacay. Boy did we walk! And walk and walk... so I guess that takes care of my exercising then, LOL! Sadly I have loads and loads of work to do plus two 2-week trips to plan in the near future. Yeech. Me no likey having to travel so much in such short time!

Today I'd planned on doing lunchtime yoga but got pulled into a work meeting. Boohoo. And I desperately need the stretching, so I guess I'll have to do it when I get home tonight. Hate having to pay for vacation time with all the accumulated work!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:46 am

So I took it easier in Pilates this week and I can actual walk around like a normal human being instead of a hobbled goat. Yay!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 am

Anyone have any interest in maybe starting the Challenge back up again in September?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Anyone have any interest in maybe starting the Challenge back up again in September?

Sigh. I do and I don't. I'm looking at the possibility of work travel for most of the month of September. Hoping to clarify things by the end of the day today. If my travel is cut down to two weeks only then yeah I'm in, if its 4 weeks total, then I'd have to wait until Oct to join in.

Brought my workout stuff to work today for a lunch workout. And my kindle to keep me company!!
My plans are to workout every day, plus my yoga on Friday, as long as the days aren't crazy.

Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Anyone have any interest in maybe starting the Challenge back up again in September?

Sigh. I do and I don't. I'm looking at the possibility of work travel for most of the month of September. Hoping to clarify things by the end of the day today. If my travel is cut down to two weeks only then yeah I'm in, if its 4 weeks total, then I'd have to wait until Oct to join in.

Brought my workout stuff to work today for a lunch workout. And my kindle to keep me company!!
My plans are to workout every day, plus my yoga on Friday, as long as the days aren't crazy.

What if instead of a structured challenge we just keep the thread open for general support and accountability?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Yeah, I guess that's petty much what I'm asking: do we do a proper challenge or do we just leave the thread for support. Obava was asking if there was a new challenge starting up. I think she and Seattle Lisa might be interested if anyone else is. So I was just sussing it out
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:29 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Yeah, I guess that's petty much what I'm asking: do we do a proper challenge or do we just leave the thread for support. Obava was asking if there was a new challenge starting up. I think she and Seattle Lisa might be interested if anyone else is. So I was just sussing it out

I would like something structured (although I was a challenge fail the past 2 times).
Plus I would really like to see Seattle Lisa in the Flat again. I miss her!!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:07 am

I'd just as soon stick to the LTT Challenge thank.you.very.much (shudder)
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-o ... 48489.html
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:40 am

I would so much rather be fat than swallow a tape worm. EEWWWWW!!!!

In other news, Jazzled4Life posted this article on FB yesterday and I thought it was an interesting read. The comments are full of dipshittery, though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/iris-higg ... mg00000010
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Yeah, things are quite quiet here... who's going to design the 'new' challenge details?

Work's been so crazy I've not had a chance to workout all week - except for the walking we did at the RenFaire on Saturday. Not even yoga!

Love this pic! (and all the Dior pics too.. drool!) Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 am

Are we actually going to DO a new Challenge? Is anyone interested?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby BrooklynBabe » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Hey-long time no see. Medical problems up the gazoo resulting in me passing out and needing 30 stitches and a bunch of other injuries to my face. I posted about it a bit in the flat. The only good news was that I found out how much I weigh and from two years ago I allegedly lost 20 pounds. (I think the scale from two years ago was off). So that made me a teeny bit happy. Due to my condition, I must stay hydrated so I am forced to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. I can't exercise yet. Hopefully by next week I'll be able to walk around but I'm not sure. Riding the stationary bike seems like it would hurt too so I think the exercise portion will be out until I heal. But I'm in for the food portion and I must cut down on my sugar intake. In Sept I have to take a glucose tolerance test to see if I have diabetes (I always test high but not high enuf to be diagnoised). One of my Drs. thinks the vaso vagils may be linked to diabetes. We shall see. Right now I hope the new meds do the trick.

Glad to see you girls sticking to something even if it's not a full challenge-every little bit helps. Rob recommends a walk on the beach.

LC-CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you feeling? Any morning sickness?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:22 pm

BABE!! Missed you!!! So sorry to hear you've had so many medical issues, hope you're now on the mend.

I've been very frustrated lately - work has been RIDICULOUSLY busy with no end in sight so little time to come play here, or more importantly, exercise. I can feel it, I MISS the workouts but here's hoping things settle enough soon so I can restart my workouts.

So far looks like we don't have a new challenge, no one's volunteered to set it up - and with my upcoming travel / work schedule I can't volunteer. If we DO get a challenge, I'd suggest as one of the challenge items to add in 'eating 2 cups of greens daily' or something like that.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:14 pm

I can probably knock something out if ppl are interested. But nobody seems to be very gung-ho about it, so I haven't volunteered.

Why don't we all just take an "exercise pill" and call it a day: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/geekquin ... 47394.html

(j/k of course, I think this is a pretty scary thought actually. Just think the harm that this type of thing could be used for).

BB that's dreadful. Like Muffin said, hope you're on the mend.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:31 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:I can probably knock something out if ppl are interested. But nobody seems to be very gung-ho about it, so I haven't volunteered.

Why don't we all just take an "exercise pill" and call it a day: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/geekquin ... 47394.html

(j/k of course, I think this is a pretty scary thought actually. Just think the harm that this type of thing could be used for).

BB that's dreadful. Like Muffin said, hope you're on the mend.

I would like to do something health related starting next week. we can just do the same thing (copy and paste). I never did know how to create/post the Google Docs thing though so I would need some help there.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby BrooklynBabe » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:29 am

Nice to be back (again). I can't commit to helping out because I never know how I'm going to feel but I would like to participate in some way.

Some water exercise for anyone?

~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby amynkansas » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:46 am

walking is still my favorite...

everyone, find photos or vids or gifs of ron exercising or practicing a healthy habit...

and go!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:04 am

amynkansas wrote:walking is still my favorite...

everyone, find photos or vids or gifs of ron exercising or practicing a healthy habit...

and go!

Phew! Make sure you keep hydrated!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:48 pm

↑↑ why Rob, how different you look! :D

when you want this:

or this

do this instead:

or this

or maybe even a little of this 8-)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat