Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:That's what I do too and sometimes I'll put some southwest chipotle seasoning or chile powder on them. I wonder if it's the seasoning that is making them burn?

Nah, I think you need to a) watch your oven temp and b) watch the time. I burned a batch once just by letting it sit a bit too long.

Moi - on a good note I had an amazing accupuncture session last night - man, that energy was flowing so much I swore I was going to start levitating! On a not so great note, AF is doing a number on me. Bleah. But I think I'm doing something good too, not sure what, b/c I can fit again into a pair of pants I'd put aside b/c they were a bit too tight. Maybe those two cups of greens a day is helping? And yes I'm keeping up!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 am

Muffinmom wrote:
Moi - on a good note I had an amazing accupuncture session last night - man, that energy was flowing so much I swore I was going to start levitating! On a not so great note, AF is doing a number on me. Bleah. But I think I'm doing something good too, not sure what, b/c I can fit again into a pair of pants I'd put aside b/c they were a bit too tight. Maybe those two cups of greens a day is helping? And yes I'm keeping up!

I can't figure out what AF is - but I used to work at a company, the short form of which is AF, and it "did a number on me" on a regular basis. So glad I quit that job. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Happy Wednesday y'all!!

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 am

AF = Aunt Flo... you know that aunt that visits on a monthly basis...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Sometimes it shocks me how dumb I am.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:43 am

Abs - that's a cute kittie! And you're not dumb, just distracted!

QUESTION - I'm struggling with huge amounts of stress as I get ready for my audit next week, loads to do and little time to do it in. So I've not worked out in over a week, I can feel it but the worry about time is keeping me from working out. Thoughts? Should I make a point to find the time for working out anyway despite my crazy schedule? Sigh... decisions...

In the meantime I'll distract myself by staring at this picture
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Muffinmom wrote:In the meantime I'll distract myself by staring at this picture

Oh.ma.gawd.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Abs - that's a cute kittie! And you're not dumb, just distracted!

QUESTION - I'm struggling with huge amounts of stress as I get ready for my audit next week, loads to do and little time to do it in. So I've not worked out in over a week, I can feel it but the worry about time is keeping me from working out. Thoughts? Should I make a point to find the time for working out anyway despite my crazy schedule? Sigh... decisions...

sorry about your stress and all that...but im having a hard time concentrating on what you're saying..... where exactly are these pix from?
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:13 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Abs - that's a cute kittie! And you're not dumb, just distracted!

sorry about your stress and all that...but im having a hard time concentrating on what you're saying..... where exactly are these pix from?

Oh shit, that's right, you've got stress!!
What if you did muscle exercises while at your desk prepping for your audit
(as I'm typing this my eyes keep going back to those pics and I keep losing my train of thought...........)
Yeah, right, stationary muscle exercises, while at your desk. Like you tighten your abs for however many seconds you can and then release, rest, repeat. Or flexing your calf muscles onto your tippy toes, release, rest repeat. Glutes. Thighs.
You get the idea.
Like Kegel exercises throughout your whole body.
Maybe it's not a full workout, but it's still working muscles.

Speaking of Kegels.......
Muffinmom wrote:Image

...if you'll excuse me......I have a "workout" to do!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Nah, no stomach stretches for me, I'll just take the eye candy relaxation moments...
as to where I got that - someone posted those pics on FB and I somehow found myself snagging it, no clue how it happened...
Last edited by Muffinmom on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:14 pm

AAAND since I'm taking pity on you, here's another one, but warning its Very NSFW!!!

I hear this came from Cosmopolis, not sure how true that rumor is though... either way... um, what was I talking about? Nevermind, I'm busy staring... :D
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Muffinmom wrote:AAAND since I'm taking pity on you, here's another one, but warning its Very NSFW!!!

I hear this came from Cosmopolis, not sure how true that rumor is though... either way... um, what was I talking about? Nevermind, I'm busy staring... :D

yes, this is from Cosmopolis (a movie that is MUCH better with the sound turned down so you don't have to hear the dialog)...that being said, Ron is in EVERY scene so there is a bunch of pretty.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am

Yesterday was all gloomy and grey - both meterologically and inside my brain. It started off with a jab from a passive aggressive c-word biotch all dagger eyes and claws bared at me for no reason, continued on with my boss's partner going on a rampage at work about dumb things, and ended with the same passive agressive sad sac.
At times like that this song makes me feel so much better.

Today is sunny and warm and it's already a beautiful day.

Plus, I had a dream last night that was completely whack (♫last night I had the strangest dream♪♫), but did involve at one point a mega make-out session with Ryan Reynolds that left him weak in the knees :D You know, cuz that's how I roll :D
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:32 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Yesterday was all gloomy and grey - both meterologically and inside my brain. It started off with a jab from a passive aggressive c-word biotch all dagger eyes and claws bared at me for no reason, continued on with my boss's partner going on a rampage at work about dumb things, and ended with the same passive agressive sad sac.

Plus, I had a dream last night that was completely whack (♫last night I had the strangest dream♪♫), but did involve at one point a mega make-out session with Ryan Reynolds that left him weak in the knees :D You know, cuz that's how I roll :D

Hey, if you're going to have a dream might as well have THAT one!! Image
Sorry to hear you had a craptastic day, hope today's better!

Had a 12 hr day yesterday, expect the same today then my audit tomorrow. Wish me good luck! Image I NEED IT!!

I've given up on the greens thing until I get back from Brazil. Just no time to prep them this week and I doubt I'll be able to control my food all that much while I'm traveling. le sigh. But I shall bring my sneakers and make sure to get in at least 5x/week workouts. In case you're wondering I'm leaving on Saturday, hoping to find time on Thursday to laminate my newly acquired Amy pics (THANKS AMY!!!! YOU'RE THE BESTEST!!). See you tomorrow!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Yesterday was all gloomy and grey - both meterologically and inside my brain. It started off with a jab from a passive aggressive c-word biotch all dagger eyes and claws bared at me for no reason, continued on with my boss's partner going on a rampage at work about dumb things, and ended with the same passive agressive sad sac.

Hey, if you're going to have a dream might as well have THAT one!! Image
Sorry to hear you had a craptastic day, hope today's better!

Had a 12 hr day yesterday, expect the same today then my audit tomorrow. Wish me good luck! Image I NEED IT!!

I've given up on the greens thing until I get back from Brazil. Just no time to prep them this week and I doubt I'll be able to control my food all that much while I'm traveling. le sigh. But I shall bring my sneakers and make sure to get in at least 5x/week workouts. In case you're wondering I'm leaving on Saturday, hoping to find time on Thursday to laminate my newly acquired Amy pics (THANKS AMY!!!! YOU'RE THE BESTEST!!). See you tomorrow!

Sorry your day was sucky Abs.
Good luck Muffin!!!

My greens are lacking but I have started to exercise again. which is why I have to go right now. off to walk!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby BrooklynBabe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:54 am

Hate to burst your bubble but this is a manip.

Will need to change my eating habits completely. I either have pre-diabeties or full-fledged diabetes. Will find out at the end of the week. I am not a happy camper.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:12 am

BrooklynBabe wrote:

Will need to change my eating habits completely. I either have pre-diabeties or full-fledged diabetes. Will find out at the end of the week. I am not a happy camper.

Awesome manip! Me likey!

Sorry to hear about the pre-diabetes/ diabetes. It's shocking news when you first get it, but it's absolutely and totally manageable if it turns out to be the case, so try not to worry too much (in fact, that is one of the 'tools' for managing it - minimizing stress). When do you get your test results?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... betes.html <---Tom Hanks reveals he has type 2 diabetes
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby BrooklynBabe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
BrooklynBabe wrote:

Awesome manip! Me likey!

Sorry to hear about the pre-diabetes/ diabetes. It's shocking news when you first get it, but it's absolutely and totally manageable if it turns out to be the case, so try not to worry too much (in fact, that is one of the 'tools' for managing it - minimizing stress). When do you get your test results?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... betes.html <---Tom Hanks reveals he has type 2 diabetes

I watched Tom Hanks on Letterman and he mentioned it there as well. I know it's not a big deal but to me it is. With my health in such sorry shape, the one thing that is lefty to enjoy besides my hubby, kids, family and Rob, is my food and all the good stuff will be taken away.

The results are in but the Dr won't be in until Thursday or Fri. I was in shock so I don't remember what she said.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Thx for claryfing about that pic beign a manip, I suspected as much though I honestly didn't care either way, its too yummy!

BB - I'm sorry to hear things are tough healthwise, but a diagnosis is better than no diagnosis, at least you'll have a path forward.

I hear ya about missing out on favorite foods - but I also think that's one of those things we've ALL been conditioned by society, what I mean is that we turn to food for comfort and enjoyment instead of other thing. Its been one of the things I've been trying to avoid doing with Muffin - rewarding her with food. Its SOOO easy to do. Just now Iet myself have a cookie to celebrate finishing and surviving my work audit. Now, why couldn't I pick some other reward? Sorry I'm hijacking your troubles to philosophize but I think this is one of those important topics that its helpful to discuss...

And yep I survived my audit. DONE DONE DONE DONE! Image

I have one day to catch up on things then I have to pack up for my Brazil trip on Saturday. ...except now they're talking about also going to Venezuela in November. NOOO!!! Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 pm

So the dr finally called and I'm still kind of in the dark. He doesn't think I have diabetes but I am close. He says my sugar level doesn't call for meds but I need to watch my carb and sugar intake which is basically what I do now. Next month he wants me to go for another glucose test and a test that Bern said I would need, a hemoglobin A1C test. The only good news was the the meds are working and my cholesterol levels have gone down significantly.

The thing is I really do watch what I eat. I don't turn for food for comfort per say, I just like what I eat to taste good. I love pasta and potatoes and rice and steak. I limit myself to eating meat once every two weeks. If I have grains or potatoes the are whole grains or sweet potatoes. Not a big fan of veggies but I eat them. Really don't like chicken or fish but I eat that too. I rarely eat snacks like cookies or cake or stuff like that. I don't eat ice cream. So it's mostly the carbs I will miss.

Great news that the audit is over and have a great time on your trip.
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:11 am

Good news all around!!!
Now have a great weekend everyone!
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:37 am

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:05 am

amynkansas wrote:Image

That pic was worth braving the hotel Internet!
BTW, he's back...http://travelrob.tumblr.com/
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 am

uuuuuuuuuugh, it's Thanksgiving. I'm eating too much. But it's sure nice to have a long weekend.

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:12 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:uuuuuuuuuugh, it's Thanksgiving. I'm eating too much. But it's sure nice to have a long weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving! Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:28 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
That pic was worth braving the hotel Internet!
BTW, he's back...http://travelrob.tumblr.com/

I love you so SO much!!!!!!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat