Go to footer

As if you could outrun me

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: As if you could outrun me

Postby amynkansas » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:uuuuuuuuuugh, it's Thanksgiving. I'm eating too much. But it's sure nice to have a long weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving Abs!!!

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:53 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:
That pic was worth braving the hotel Internet!
BTW, he's back...http://travelrob.tumblr.com/

I love you so SO much!!!!!!!

And Rob & Señor Stu love you right back... they'll even drink this caipirinha in your honor:
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:19 am

Muffin your prospective is so spot on...you make it look like he's actually there!!

I can't wait to see what they do next!!!!
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:44 am

This is why Oreos are not allowed in my house!

Don't do drugs, kids.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/oreos-ju ... 14175.html

haha
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:52 am

Abs, that video was disturbing, I couldn't finish watching it, ugh!

Trying to eat healthy while traveling SUCKS BIG TIME!! It probably would help if I wasn't having drinks every night... but its impossible to eat vegetables here. I barely see salads in the menus, and the dishes barely have veggies. About the best I can do is to avoid carbs which is VERY VERY VERY hard. I'm going to have to hit some kind of intense Atkins type diet when I get back later this week, to get ready for my Venezuela trip in 2 1/2 weeks (double UGH).That one is going to be EVEN harder, since I will have to completely rely on restaurants and hotel food. At least here I can go to the local market.

AND today is Daylight Savings in Brazil, so I get to do the fall forward thing twice. Triple UGH.

Just for that I deserve some gorgeous pretty:

Shall have to post a pic of TravelRob in the Brazil Starbucks later, in the meantime I'll let him have his Caffe Latte:
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 am

AMY!!!
I missed your big day, but still wanted to celebrate!!! Hope you had a fun day!!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:27 am

Muffinmom wrote:AMY!!!
I missed your big day, but still wanted to celebrate!!! Hope you had a fun day!!

he is STUNNING!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a good day.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Amy - he's also been quite busy in Brazil this weekend...
Thanks again for your help with getting Travel Rob revived, he's about the only company I've had this weekend!! :o
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:53 pm

KANSAS - it was your birthday, and I missed it :(
Well, it's never too late for cupcakes :D
(hope it was an awesome day)

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Brazil adventure is over...

Até a próxima vez, São Paulo!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:19 pm

rob had to get back for this LA event

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Happy Friday
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:56 am

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 am

Um, what the frig? This online fitness age calculator tells me my fitness age is 51!!!
Wii Fit tells me my fitness age is 24.
I'm going with Wii.

http://www.ntnu.edu/cerg/vo2max
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:55 pm

amynkansas wrote:Image

Happy Friday

Well, Hello there! Image

This thread seems to have lost its purpose... should we instead just create a new thread and only post pics of Rob in it? So we can, um, exercise our eyeballs? Image

I know I'll get back in the wagon after I'm done with all my traveling (leaving on Saturday again for another two weeks Image) and yes TR is coming with me again Image. About all I can commit to is to bring my yoga mat & sneakers and hope I can find time to workout. And will try to avoid wheat in all its forms (yeah right...)
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:24 pm

have we seen this one before?
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:08 am

So, remember how a few chapters back the Challenge called for trying a new fruit or vegetable? I just bought some guava at the grocery store. I have no idea how to eat them, or how to tell even if they are ripe. But it should be interesting to find out. :D

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:40 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:So, remember how a few chapters back the Challenge called for trying a new fruit or vegetable? I just bought some guava at the grocery store. I have no idea how to eat them, or how to tell even if they are ripe. But it should be interesting to find out. :D

please report back to us on the taste and proper use of this fruit.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:07 am

wow, I walked from the bedroom to the kitchen to the bathroom and back today.
http://bushby3000.com/

(warning, don't click on the videos, it opens to a an auto play of him cutting a nasty blister off the pad of his foot. Gross!)

In guava news - supposedly you can eat it just like an apple. I say supposedly cuz I tried it and it was more like biting into a rock than an apple. A very sour rock. I think they aren't ripe yet. I've set some out on the counter to try to speed up the ripening. Updates to follow.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:59 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:wow, I walked from the bedroom to the kitchen to the bathroom and back today.

(warning, don't click on the videos, it opens to a an auto play of him cutting a nasty blister off the pad of his foot. Gross!)

In guava news - supposedly you can eat it just like an apple. I say supposedly cuz I tried it and it was more like biting into a rock than an apple. A very sour rock. I think they aren't ripe yet. I've set some out on the counter to try to speed up the ripening. Updates to follow.

Oh I ADORE guava!! but its gotta be ripe - think peaches when you check for ripeness. You want it softish but too mushy and its gone south.

And yes I'm back. Venezuela stinks, work told me to leave a week early due to security concerns. :? Shall post more when I get a moment.. I'm at work now.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:43 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:wow, I walked from the bedroom to the kitchen to the bathroom and back today.

I didn't clink the link but it sounds like the scene from "run fat boy run" which I love but cont stomached that scene
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:44 pm

amynkansas wrote:

I didn't clink the link but it sounds like the scene from "run fat boy run" which I love but cont stomached that scene

Oh, you mean this scene :D

That was the second most disgusting fluid I've ever had in my eye! (TWSS)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 am

OHMAGA-OHMAGA-OHMAGA!
(surely everyone here knows I'm a total sucker for The Muppets)

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby LCneiny » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:53 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:OHMAGA-OHMAGA-OHMAGA!
(surely everyone here knows I'm a total sucker for The Muppets)

Hehe I remember!! It's almost time for the Muppet's version of Carol of the Bells (my personal favorite). I can't do Christmas songs before Thanksgiving, just can't.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:04 am

LC - yes please post the Muppets Carol of the Bells, that sounds lovely!!

Abs, whatever happened to your guavas?

How's everyone's healthy plans coming along? I think I gained like 5 lbs while at Venezuela - I love latin food but man they don't do veggies!! Its all carbs and meats and I mean beef. And I barley had any drinks this trip!! though I might have had dessert...

Took me a while but I'm back to decreasing carbs and sugars. Even got inspired to cook some soups, with the cold weather we're having. Feels like I'm detoxing myself!

Venezuela was awful in general. Traffic is horrendous - actually made me appreciate NYC area traffic if you can believe it. At least we don't' have hundreds of motorcycles trying to weave in around the cars, or worry about anyone seeing my iphone thru the window who could then break or shoot thru my window to get to it. We had to *constantly* be on alert while outside, not show anything of value, not even while at a ritzy mall. Which was heartbreaking because they had Gorgeous HUGE droolworthy RP Dior posters that I was too afraid to stop and take the pictures of (with TravelRob of course). And the manufacturing plant we visited was awful too, it was clear they could care less about the quality of their work, very disappointing.

AND the government was essentially encouraging people to start looting the local electronics megastore, as a way to distract them from all the other issues in the country and improve their chances of winning elections which are next week. So I got a call on a Thurs night (4 days into my 2 week trip) to immediately stop work and find the first flight home. I was ready to kiss the airport carpet when I finally landed in the USA.

SO, after all that I need PRETTY!! Here's the picture I saw in the mall, it was truly stunning to see this HUGE on the wall.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat