Go to footer

Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Bu-ut oh! Oh, Those Summer Nights

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:13 am

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
Gianna wrote:I love this idea! Except for the salad...that was kind of icky.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: This makes me sad. I can understand that the french fries were unexpected, but . . . . The first time I ordered a steak salad away from Pittsburgh, I felt cheated. Cheated, I tell ya. I want a salad, but I still want some fries, too. ;) ;)

(My mother shares your opinion. She does not want fries and slaw on her sandwiches and she does not want fries in her salads. She's weird. )

I'd eat salads more often if they came with fries and gravy.

*nod head* You are good people.

ETA: You are still good people too, Gia. Jodie and I'll just plan on eating your fries when you order a salad. ;)
Last edited by Alexandra on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 am

And I will admit that the sandwiches are even better at 2 am on your way home from a bar. ;) Just in case you should find yourself in that situation next week. . . . . :D
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:17 am

Gianna wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:Hey! The Dior and Cannes Rob pics actually gave me a little flutter...my mojo isn't totally dead! :lol:

So, I've been bouncing around on Nikki's shots especially in the morning as it seems like her pancreas is finally trying to help us out a bit. Yesterday morning I gave her a reduced dose, so she was in the 200's last night before bed. I gave her a full dose last night but figured she was high enough I wouldn't have to get up during the night to test. Woke up this morning and her blood sugar was 36! :o :shock: :o If I'd been awake enough I would have fallen over. :lol: Normal cats are usually somewhere between 40 and 60. :shock:

Needless to say she's getting a reduction in dose. :? Thankfully she seemed normal and I obviously didn't give her insulin this morning....

That's my exciting life! :lol:

Yay! That's great news about Nikki. You are such a good mom. :D In other news, my cat woke me up this morning at 4AM for no apparent reason. Want a third kitty?

I'm a bad cat mom...She was WAY too low this morning... :oops: It's good that she's in better numbers though! :D

Um, and no. I'm already a crazy middle aged cat lady. I don't need a 3rd to prove it! :lol:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 am

dancing_echoes wrote:
Gianna wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:Hey! The Dior and Cannes Rob pics actually gave me a little flutter...my mojo isn't totally dead! :lol:

So, I've been bouncing around on Nikki's shots especially in the morning as it seems like her pancreas is finally trying to help us out a bit. Yesterday morning I gave her a reduced dose, so she was in the 200's last night before bed. I gave her a full dose last night but figured she was high enough I wouldn't have to get up during the night to test. Woke up this morning and her blood sugar was 36! :o :shock: :o If I'd been awake enough I would have fallen over. :lol: Normal cats are usually somewhere between 40 and 60. :shock:

Needless to say she's getting a reduction in dose. :? Thankfully she seemed normal and I obviously didn't give her insulin this morning....

Yay! That's great news about Nikki. You are such a good mom. :D In other news, my cat woke me up this morning at 4AM for no apparent reason. Want a third kitty?

I'm a bad cat mom...She was WAY too low this morning... :oops: It's good that she's in better numbers though! :D

Um, and no. I'm already a crazy middle aged cat lady. I don't need a 3rd to prove it! :lol:

Bad cat moms wouldn't even bother with testing OR medication. You are an excellent cat mom!

And you are not yet middle aged. Heck, I'm not even middle aged yet!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:20 am

dancing_echoes wrote:
Gianna wrote:

Yay for Nikki! You are an amazing cat mom. (I feel like such a slacker - my Dr. said never mind about taking levels from Simba and I gave him shots for years.) Nikki is lucky to have you.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:25 am

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:
Gianna wrote:Yay! That's great news about Nikki. You are such a good mom. :D In other news, my cat woke me up this morning at 4AM for no apparent reason. Want a third kitty?

Bad cat moms wouldn't even bother with testing OR medication. You are an excellent cat mom!

And you are not yet middle aged. Heck, I'm not even middle aged yet!

Thanks ladies! I do feel like I've been having a mid-life crisis though...I had a whim to sign up to climb Kilimanjaro the other day... :shock: :lol:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby dancing_echoes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:26 am

Alexandra wrote:

Yay for Nikki! You are an amazing cat mom. (I feel like such a slacker - my Dr. said never mind about taking levels from Simba and I gave him shots for years.) Nikki is lucky to have you.

You are NOT a slacker! My doctor doesn't believe in testing either. It's just because I'm a neurotic control freak that I torture my cat by poking her ears five times a day.... :lol:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:34 am

Alexandra wrote:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: This makes me sad. I can understand that the french fries were unexpected, but . . . . The first time I ordered a steak salad away from Pittsburgh, I felt cheated. Cheated, I tell ya. I want a salad, but I still want some fries, too. ;) ;)

(My mother shares your opinion. She does not want fries and slaw on her sandwiches and she does not want fries in her salads. She's weird. )

I think it was because they got cold and wet from the salad/salad dressing? Not sure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:35 am

dancing_echoes wrote:Thanks ladies! I do feel like I've been having a mid-life crisis though...I had a whim to sign up to climb Kilimanjaro the other day... :shock: :lol:

If you do it, make sure you take lots of photos of all the frozen corpses for me.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 am

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:I'd eat salads more often if they came with fries and gravy.

*nod head* You are good people.

ETA: You are still good people too, Gia. Jodie and I'll just plan on eating your fries when you order a salad. ;)

Whew. I need to be one of the cool kids!!! 8-)
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:37 am

Alexandra wrote:

And I will admit that the sandwiches are even better at 2 am on your way home from a bar. ;) Just in case you should find yourself in that situation next week. . . . . :D

No comment from me on this. I don't anticipate that happening, but then when DO you anticipate that? It just ends up happening.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 am

JodieO wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:Thanks ladies! I do feel like I've been having a mid-life crisis though...I had a whim to sign up to climb Kilimanjaro the other day... :shock: :lol:

If you do it, make sure you take lots of photos of all the frozen corpses for me.

What? Livingsocial made it sound like fun!
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:50 am

dancing_echoes wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I don't doubt it would be interesting, but that's way too much activity for mope on vacation. I like them to be a little more passive. :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:55 am

This was the weekend that I had absolutely nothing planned!!!!! Woo Hoo! And now I just agreed to host a Pampered Chef party for a friend who just got into the business and needs one more party this month. UGH. I have to clean my house for this. :( But she's a good friend and she needed help . . . . . Think of me on Sunday afternoon drinking wine and hoping that no one notices all the dust I've just pushed into the corner. And since this is a cooking party, it just dawned on me that I'll have to clean out all the bakeware that I store in the oven. :shock: Awesome. :?
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 am

dancing_echoes wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Frozen corpses aren't your idea of fun?

Whatever, Weirdo.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Alexandra wrote:This was the weekend that I had absolutely nothing planned!!!!! Woo Hoo! And now I just agreed to host a Pampered Chef party for a friend who just got into the business and needs one more party this month. UGH. I have to clean my house for this. :( But she's a good friend and she needed help . . . . . Think of me on Sunday afternoon drinking wine and hoping that no one notices all the dust I've just pushed into the corner. And since this is a cooking party, it just dawned on me that I'll have to clean out all the bakeware that I store in the oven. :shock: Awesome. :?

But you get free food out of it, right?

I know what you mean about the cleaning, though. I do a general clean once a week for Brittany, but there are still scary corners that have arts & crafts stuff piled in, collecting dust and spiders. Last weekend when we were getting ready for the reunion Neatnik bestie got into one of them to find my old yearbooks. He even moved the hair-crusted cat bed that I'd thrown a blanket over figuring no one would be going near it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Mortifying.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:34 pm

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:This was the weekend that I had absolutely nothing planned!!!!! Woo Hoo! And now I just agreed to host a Pampered Chef party for a friend who just got into the business and needs one more party this month. UGH. I have to clean my house for this. :( But she's a good friend and she needed help . . . . . Think of me on Sunday afternoon drinking wine and hoping that no one notices all the dust I've just pushed into the corner. And since this is a cooking party, it just dawned on me that I'll have to clean out all the bakeware that I store in the oven. :shock: Awesome. :?

But you get free food out of it, right?

I know what you mean about the cleaning, though. I do a general clean once a week for Brittany, but there are still scary corners that have arts & crafts stuff piled in, collecting dust and spiders. Last weekend when we were getting ready for the reunion Neatnik bestie got into one of them to find my old yearbooks. He even moved the hair-crusted cat bed that I'd thrown a blanket over figuring no one would be going near it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Mortifying.

There are dust ball tumbleweeds on my hardwood kitchen floors. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Alexandra wrote:
There are dust ball tumbleweeds on my hardwood kitchen floors. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I find its good to have people over every so often just to make sure the house gets a good cleaning. :?
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Alexandra wrote:There are dust ball tumbleweeds on my hardwood kitchen floors. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Isn't this why people have kids?

No more trips to meet teen idols until you sweep and mop, Young Lady!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:57 pm

For some reason, I really want some fries. And gravy.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby LittleSecrets » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Just saw this today. Woooah. I don't know if it's a Dior, and oldie, or a new-ie. But I don't care. At all.

I just wanted to see this again ;)
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:58 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:For some reason, I really want some fries. And gravy.

With melted cheese??
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:02 pm

JodieO wrote:

With melted cheese??

Killing me. Absolutely killing me with these suggestions.
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:08 pm

LittleSecrets wrote:
JodieO wrote:

With melted cheese??

Killing me. Absolutely killing me with these suggestions.

I know! I'm going grocery shopping after work and it's a non-pay week, so I have to get the bare essentials, but I really want to splurge on delicious things!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:09 pm

JodieO wrote:Image

I can be anything you want me to be. Except tall.

Hi.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats