Go to footer

Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 am

amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
mandaliz wrote:Ewwww Mr M's mom texted him that semen can help induce labor & offered to bring a syringe this weekend. Can I start drinking yet (heavily, since I know that the half a glass of wine or so I'm allowed is not going to cut it)? GET OUT, BABY, GET OUT! Additionally, GET OUT, MIL, GET OUT!


:o :o :o Oh dear. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.


what....wh....why gawd why would she say something like that...and offer a syringe.....?


Right!
And maybe I'm a little rusty on how things work down there*, but why the syringe - doesn't the male anatomy have a built-in "syringe"? Clearly I don't get it. And I have the heebeejeebies just at the thought of my MIL offering such a thing. I feel for you Mandaliz. (shudder)

PS - you could try a reflexology session - a good Reflexologist though. Like, properly trained in the holistic remedy. I don't know about down there, but up here a lot of under-qualified spa techs throw in an extra 10 minutes of massage in their pedicure and call it "reflexology". Having spent a whole year of school to become an RRPr (registered reflexology practitioner) I find this personally insulting. Not to mention if someone doesn't know what they are doing it may not be the best thing. Like going to a discount plastic surgeon. Just sayin'.

*srsly, I spread my legs to do a hamstring stretch the other day and bats flew out
Image
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby amynkansas » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:17 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
PS - you could try a reflexology session - a good Reflexologist though. Like, properly trained in the holistic remedy. I don't know about down there, but up here a lot of under-qualified spa techs throw in an extra 10 minutes of massage in their pedicure and call it "reflexology". Having spent a whole year of school to become an RRPr (registered reflexology practitioner) I find this personally insulting. Not to mention if someone doesn't know what they are doing it may not be the best thing. Like going to a discount plastic surgeon. Just sayin'.

[size=85][i]*srsly, I spread my legs to do a hamstring stretch the other day and bats flew out
Image



I SOOOOO want to see what photo you posted....
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby Gianna » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:23 pm

amynkansas wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:
PS - you could try a reflexology session - a good Reflexologist though. Like, properly trained in the holistic remedy. I don't know about down there, but up here a lot of under-qualified spa techs throw in an extra 10 minutes of massage in their pedicure and call it "reflexology". Having spent a whole year of school to become an RRPr (registered reflexology practitioner) I find this personally insulting. Not to mention if someone doesn't know what they are doing it may not be the best thing. Like going to a discount plastic surgeon. Just sayin'.

[size=85][i]*srsly, I spread my legs to do a hamstring stretch the other day and bats flew out
Image



I SOOOOO want to see what photo you posted....


Bwahahaha - ME TOO!!! :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby Gianna » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Am I the only person who is sitting here on the Sunday before Thanksgiving who is just NOW planning their menu? Please say no. :|

Manda - BIG NEWS! Will be thinking about you. 333

LC - I am sure I missed it, but hope Mr LC's interview went well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Gianna
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9179
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Isle of Wight


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby amynkansas » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Gianna wrote:Am I the only person who is sitting here on the Sunday before Thanksgiving who is just NOW planning their menu? Please say no. :|



My DH is in charge of the menu planning and cooking (his brother is our only guest every year) but if it makes you feel better, the room where my BIL will be staying at our house is a complete pit and has been used as a storage room since after he left last thanksgiving. He is flying in Tuesday afternoon. Looks like I might need to start cleaning. Really. REALLY SOON.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby mandaliz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Gianna wrote:Am I the only person who is sitting here on the Sunday before Thanksgiving who is just NOW planning their menu? Please say no. :|

Manda - BIG NEWS! Will be thinking about you. 333

LC - I am sure I missed it, but hope Mr LC's interview went well.


My menu is planned... and ordered from the grocery store since I won't be cooking or, now, want to go out with a 2 day old.
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4177
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby JodieO » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 pm

mandaliz wrote:
Gianna wrote:Am I the only person who is sitting here on the Sunday before Thanksgiving who is just NOW planning their menu? Please say no. :|

Manda - BIG NEWS! Will be thinking about you. 333

LC - I am sure I missed it, but hope Mr LC's interview went well.


My menu is planned... and ordered from the grocery store since I won't be cooking or, now, want to go out with a 2 day old.


People should just be bringing you food. What is this nonsense?

Is MIL still there? Did you let her put trash in your trash can?
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16204
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby mandaliz » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:21 pm

JodieO wrote:
mandaliz wrote:
Gianna wrote:Am I the only person who is sitting here on the Sunday before Thanksgiving who is just NOW planning their menu? Please say no. :|

Manda - BIG NEWS! Will be thinking about you. 333

LC - I am sure I missed it, but hope Mr LC's interview went well.


My menu is planned... and ordered from the grocery store since I won't be cooking or, now, want to go out with a 2 day old.


People should just be bringing you food. What is this nonsense?

Is MIL still there? Did you let her put trash in your trash can?


My parents are picking up the Thanksgiving order so they are bringing it (and paying for it - SCORE!). I did let her put trash in the trash can. She also threw out my veggies, which were not trash but I overall I can live with that being that she walked the dog so the puppy got actually exercise unlike with me, cleaned my kitchen, & helped Mr M clean and move nursery furniture while I laid about reading & resting. Plus when I go in the hospital tonight she's going to be here taking care of the dog so Mr M can stay with me rather than having to come home to periodically take her out. Plus she's going to clean our bathroom and we may have her do a grocery run too. So... annoying as hell but very helpful at the moment. *shrugs*
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4177
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby mandaliz » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Between the baby's size, my overall complications over this pregnancy, and now my suddenly elevated blood pressure, it's time to get this baby out. So I check into the hospital this afternoon, will be given meds to get the party started, have my water broken in the morning, then hooked up to an IV to be given pitocen and then, eventually, BABY!
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4177
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby Alexandra » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm

mandaliz wrote:Between the baby's size, my overall complications over this pregnancy, and now my suddenly elevated blood pressure, it's time to get this baby out. So I check into the hospital this afternoon, will be given meds to get the party started, have my water broken in the morning, then hooked up to an IV to be given pitocen and then, eventually, BABY!


YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!(You know, for getting the baby out soon, not for the complications and high blood pressure. . . . ) ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
User avatar
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires
 
Posts: 9692
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Northern Virginia


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby lori_seals » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:19 pm

mandaliz wrote:Between the baby's size, my overall complications over this pregnancy, and now my suddenly elevated blood pressure, it's time to get this baby out. So I check into the hospital this afternoon, will be given meds to get the party started, have my water broken in the morning, then hooked up to an IV to be given pitocen and then, eventually, BABY!


YAY for baby!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor
 
Posts: 6677
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby JodieO » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:20 pm

mandaliz wrote:My parents are picking up the Thanksgiving order so they are bringing it (and paying for it - SCORE!). I did let her put trash in the trash can. She also threw out my veggies, which were not trash but I overall I can live with that being that she walked the dog so the puppy got actually exercise unlike with me, cleaned my kitchen, & helped Mr M clean and move nursery furniture while I laid about reading & resting. Plus when I go in the hospital tonight she's going to be here taking care of the dog so Mr M can stay with me rather than having to come home to periodically take her out. Plus she's going to clean our bathroom and we may have her do a grocery run too. So... annoying as hell but very helpful at the moment. *shrugs*


Well at least she's good for something!

Has she at least been nicer to you now that you stopped being so damn selfish and decided to birth her grandchild?
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16204
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby guitargirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:43 pm

mandaliz wrote:Between the baby's size, my overall complications over this pregnancy, and now my suddenly elevated blood pressure, it's time to get this baby out. So I check into the hospital this afternoon, will be given meds to get the party started, have my water broken in the morning, then hooked up to an IV to be given pitocen and then, eventually, BABY!


Yay!!!!!

Just wanted to wish you and your baby all the very best Manda! I was dreading the birth but it was one of the best days of my life. You'll do great. Hugs! :D
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby guitargirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:45 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Gianna wrote:Am I the only person who is sitting here on the Sunday before Thanksgiving who is just NOW planning their menu? Please say no. :|



My DH is in charge of the menu planning and cooking (his brother is our only guest every year) but if it makes you feel better, the room where my BIL will be staying at our house is a complete pit and has been used as a storage room since after he left last thanksgiving. He is flying in Tuesday afternoon. Looks like I might need to start cleaning. Really. REALLY SOON.


It sounds like my spare room! Mine is a serious shit hole right now. :oops:
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby LCneiny » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:44 pm

mandaliz wrote:Between the baby's size, my overall complications over this pregnancy, and now my suddenly elevated blood pressure, it's time to get this baby out. So I check into the hospital this afternoon, will be given meds to get the party started, have my water broken in the morning, then hooked up to an IV to be given pitocen and then, eventually, BABY!


YAY for babies!!! GL Manda :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
User avatar
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia suburbs


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby LCneiny » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:46 pm

lori_seals wrote:
My youngest asked me Wednesday when we're going to put the tree up.

NEVER!!

Image


We're not putting up a tree or barely any decorations this year. But I don't feel like a Scrooge...we can still be festive without it looking like Christmas exploded in the house, right??
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
User avatar
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia suburbs


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby LCneiny » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for all the positive vibes ladies!! Mr. LC hasn't heard the official answer yet from the interviewers, but heard from his friend who works at the company that they are working through all the red tape internally to hire him, and expect to give him an offer next week to start in January. So a cautious excitement but still keeping our fingers crossed until that offer is in hand!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
User avatar
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia suburbs


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby LCneiny » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:51 pm

OK I'm spamming but thought this should be a separate post. The reason I don't like books written in the first person is when I start to hate the character whose head I'm in :evil: :evil: I completely disagree with what's happening in the book I'm reading now but I have no choice but to live the story through her eyes and experiences. Ugh I'm just so frustrated I want to scream at her! OK I'm done now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
User avatar
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia suburbs


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby Kay Kay » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:57 pm

LCneiny wrote:OK I'm spamming but thought this should be a separate post. The reason I don't like books written in the first person is when I start to hate the character whose head I'm in :evil: :evil: I completely disagree with what's happening in the book I'm reading now but I have no choice but to live the story through her eyes and experiences. Ugh I'm just so frustrated I want to scream at her! OK I'm done now.


What are you reading?? I'm reading Gone with the Wind and I totally get it. Movie Scarlett is my idol- book Scarlett is an idiot.
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby Kay Kay » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:02 pm

LCneiny wrote:Thanks for all the positive vibes ladies!! Mr. LC hasn't heard the official answer yet from the interviewers, but heard from his friend who works at the company that they are working through all the red tape internally to hire him, and expect to give him an offer next week to start in January. So a cautious excitement but still keeping our fingers crossed until that offer is in hand!!

Awesome! Is he going to try to take a bit of a break between jobs?? It sounds like he could use it. :)

When are you going on leave?? I have a mental baby pool in my head of which of us will go into labor first. I want Plaidly of the KK's birthday to be Janurary 16th because I'm a superstitious asshole and decided that is the most lucky day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But I think you will go first. I'm putting your date as January 10th. Want to play? Winner gets nothing!
User avatar
Kay Kay
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: California


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby LCneiny » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:59 am

Kay Kay wrote:
LCneiny wrote:OK I'm spamming but thought this should be a separate post. The reason I don't like books written in the first person is when I start to hate the character whose head I'm in :evil: :evil: I completely disagree with what's happening in the book I'm reading now but I have no choice but to live the story through her eyes and experiences. Ugh I'm just so frustrated I want to scream at her! OK I'm done now.


What are you reading?? I'm reading Gone with the Wind and I totally get it. Movie Scarlett is my idol- book Scarlett is an idiot.


Ha, I feel the same way about GWTW sometimes too, Scarlett bothered me at certain points. I'm reading Insurgent and I think Tris is being an ass. But I'm not done with it yet so maybe my mind will change.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
User avatar
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia suburbs


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby LCneiny » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 am

Kay Kay wrote:
LCneiny wrote:Thanks for all the positive vibes ladies!! Mr. LC hasn't heard the official answer yet from the interviewers, but heard from his friend who works at the company that they are working through all the red tape internally to hire him, and expect to give him an offer next week to start in January. So a cautious excitement but still keeping our fingers crossed until that offer is in hand!!

Awesome! Is he going to try to take a bit of a break between jobs?? It sounds like he could use it. :)

When are you going on leave?? I have a mental baby pool in my head of which of us will go into labor first. I want Plaidly of the KK's birthday to be Janurary 16th because I'm a superstitious asshole and decided that is the most lucky day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But I think you will go first. I'm putting your date as January 10th. Want to play? Winner gets nothing!


Unfortunately no break between but he would be taking some time when the baby comes since his start date would be early Jan.

Yes I love your pool idea! Literally EVERYONE thinks I'm going to go early but I don't think so. And I don't want to, I'd prefer to be as far from holiday craziness as possible. I'm going to say 1/20, that's exactly a month after my birthday. I think you'll be before me! And since PA doesn't allow paid leave before the due date I'll be working until I have to go to the hospital, booooo. But I'll be working from home starting 1/2 so at least I won't be in the office.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
to see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour ~william blake
without music life would be a mistake ~nietzsche
User avatar
LCneiny
Cathy's Cougarita Mixer
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia suburbs


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby Elsie_Tanner » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Kay Kay wrote:

When are you going on leave?? I have a mental baby pool in my head of which of us will go into labor first. I want Plaidly of the KK's birthday to be Janurary 16th because I'm a superstitious asshole and decided that is the most lucky day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But I think you will go first. I'm putting your date as January 10th. Want to play? Winner gets nothing!


Just so you know Gianna and I both have our birthdays on January 16th, so Plaidly of the KKs would be one of the cool kids ;)
User avatar
Elsie_Tanner
Renee's Cooking Instructor
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: UK


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby amynkansas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Elsie_Tanner wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

When are you going on leave?? I have a mental baby pool in my head of which of us will go into labor first. I want Plaidly of the KK's birthday to be Janurary 16th because I'm a superstitious asshole and decided that is the most lucky day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But I think you will go first. I'm putting your date as January 10th. Want to play? Winner gets nothing!


Just so you know Gianna and I both have our birthdays on January 16th, so Plaidly of the KKs would be one of the cool kids ;)


I am going to put in for Jan 9th....
I shot a baby today (yes, I know how that sounds) and the sono tech said she was having a girl. she had a boy. she was pissed. watch out.
#hiddenpenis
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Cuddle Up, Buttercup!

Postby JodieO » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:19 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Elsie_Tanner wrote:
Kay Kay wrote:

When are you going on leave?? I have a mental baby pool in my head of which of us will go into labor first. I want Plaidly of the KK's birthday to be Janurary 16th because I'm a superstitious asshole and decided that is the most lucky day. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But I think you will go first. I'm putting your date as January 10th. Want to play? Winner gets nothing!


Just so you know Gianna and I both have our birthdays on January 16th, so Plaidly of the KKs would be one of the cool kids ;)


I am going to put in for Jan 9th....
I shot a baby today (yes, I know how that sounds) and the sono tech said she was having a girl. she had a boy. she was pissed. watch out.
#hiddenpenis


A boy?! Eeewwww... Send it back!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16204
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest