Go to footer

Holiday Hootenanny

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby amynkansas » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:55 pm

mkladyjmm wrote:Hello, ducks! Long time no lurky-poo and even a longer time with a post. It's snowy and blowy here in the middle of the mitten, so I ran out quick for the makings for chili. My only nod to the holidays this year is the purchase of eggnog that has whiskey, bourbon and brandy in it and I've hung a wreath over the door. Oh yeah, I bought diapers and wipes for the office "stuff a cubicle" that we have to donate to a needy family. (My baby is almost 27; my diaper days are ovah!!)

Congrats on the baby, sorry you are missing your mum, freaky dreams are the worst(!!!) and go for the tattoo. Love to all.

my babies are old too. Nice that your office does stuff like that for the holidays.

I have a Christmas party to go tonight. My DH and I aren't really wanting to go but these are the parents of the kids my kid goes to school with so it's a re-con mission to get the low down on what's happening at the middle school. we already have an excuse planned to leave early once we're sick of those folks. I used to really like them, but then I started to get to know them better and...they aren't really very nice people (the women folk, that is).
Time to wax my eyebrows.

My son is going to my mom's tonight to create their "Christmas village" in her cupboard/pie cabinet, like they do every year.

I'm baking with my mom and aunt tomorrow. that should be fun.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby lori_seals » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:14 am

the bf keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. and I DON'T KNOW!!! Now stop stressing me out and just fucking buy me something.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:16 am

Speaking of, does anyone know a good place to buy a sweater like this

having a hard time finding one that is a solid colour and doesn't have some stupid reindeer or snowflakes on it.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Alexandra » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:58 am

Happy Monday. :roll:

I was just eating my breakfast at my desk while reading a memo, and I (very gracefully and with an extreme amount of class) dropped 1/2 a spoonful of oatmeal down inside the front of my shirt. The good news: I didn't get even a drop on my shirt. :D The bad news: It slid down into my bra before I could grab a napkin. :|
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:03 am

Alexandra wrote:Happy Monday. :roll:

I was just eating my breakfast at my desk while reading a memo, and I (very gracefully and with an extreme amount of class) dropped 1/2 a spoonful of oatmeal down inside the front of my shirt. The good news: I didn't get even a drop on my shirt. :D The bad news: It slid down into my bra before I could grab a napkin. :|

At least it's good for your skin! Rub it around and let it dry. And don't let anyone walk into your office while you're rubbing oatmeal into your cleavage.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:06 am

JodieO wrote:

At least it's good for your skin! Rub it around and let it dry. And don't let anyone walk into your office while you're rubbing oatmeal into your cleavage.

Unless they're into that & want to give you a raise as a result.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:14 am

I've been really into some David Boreanaz kick, not that I'm not normally into him. My daytime TV viewing seems to revolve around him a lot lately. I'm currently rewatching some Buffy & doing all the swooning over brooding, tortured Angel. I just want to comfort him... with my lady bits, even if it risks turning him into evil Angelus.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Alexandra » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:32 am

JodieO wrote:

Thank goodness I'm in an office and not a cube. :shock: I successfully scooped it out. But is had berries in it, and I think I smell like berries. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 am

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Thank goodness I'm in an office and not a cube. :shock: I successfully scooped it out. But is had berries in it, and I think I smell like berries. :roll:

I smell like oranges. It's my perfume.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:38 am

mandaliz wrote:I've been really into some David Boreanaz kick, not that I'm not normally into him. My daytime TV viewing seems to revolve around him a lot lately. I'm currently rewatching some Buffy & doing all the swooning over brooding, tortured Angel. I just want to comfort him... with my lady bits, even if it risks turning him into evil Angelus.

It's his boyish charm. And so-believable Irish accent.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:43 am

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Could be worse ;)
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby mandaliz » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:36 pm

JodieO wrote:
mandaliz wrote:I've been really into some David Boreanaz kick, not that I'm not normally into him. My daytime TV viewing seems to revolve around him a lot lately. I'm currently rewatching some Buffy & doing all the swooning over brooding, tortured Angel. I just want to comfort him... with my lady bits, even if it risks turning him into evil Angelus.

It's his boyish charm. And so-believable Irish accent.

Heh!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Has anyone out there seen The Desolation of Smaug yet? I have thoughts. Not all of them good.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:31 pm

JodieO wrote:Has anyone out there seen The Desolation of Smaug yet? I have thoughts. Not all of them good.

I won't even bother to answer this. :D
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:34 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:Has anyone out there seen The Desolation of Smaug yet? I have thoughts. Not all of them good.

Hah! I knew you wouldn't have. You could probably use two hands to name all the movies you've seen. It's just sad that one whole hand would be consumed by The Saga.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:52 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Hah! I knew you wouldn't have. You could probably use two hands to name all the movies you've seen. It's just sad that one whole hand would be consumed by The Saga.

:lol: That is sad. I've seen movies. Maybe two hands twice. I just don't go to the theater. Okay. And I hardly ever watch them on tv either. I have a short attention span, dammit.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Oh hon of course I saw it already! Image Took Friday off to go see it with my SIL since Dh isn't into LOTR (I know, he's got other redeeming qualities to compensate) Wanna open a different thread to discuss?

I LOOOOOVED it. Ok, what I loved the most was SMAUG. Image Now as to all they added that wasn't in the book? Meh. Though I can see the need to add a lot more stuff since they did turn the one book into three movies. I think I liked the new Tauriel character more than expected, but Fili's delirioius ramblings... Really? Sadly barf worthy! Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby guitargirl » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Another Christmas song. Do you have the same ones across the pond?

Ha, look at the hairstyles.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:06 pm

lori_seals wrote:the bf keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. and I DON'T KNOW!!! Now stop stressing me out and just fucking buy me something.

Yes, like the tattoo you already asked him for! :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I like berries. You may get an offer from a hot guy to clean the area for you. With his tongue. :twisted:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby amynkansas » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:51 pm

guitargirl wrote:Another Christmas song. Do you have the same ones across the pond?

The song is new to me...and the video kind of scares me.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:01 pm

amynkansas wrote:
guitargirl wrote:Another Christmas song. Do you have the same ones across the pond?

The song is new to me...and the video kind of scares me.

I swear I know this song from somewhere, but not this version. I wasn't able to find another version on youtube that sounded right, either. A lot of women have covered it...

It will never be a proper Christmas without The Waitresses.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:23 pm

I'd also like to confess that between the time New Kids on the Block were awesome and the time they got back together I totally got bagged unconsciously singing along with this song in a shop. I happened to make eye contact with the girl working and realized the way she was grinning at me at which point I snapped my mouth shut. Then she pointed at me and exclaimed "I saw you! You can't hide from me!" and then we had a long, but hushed conversation about how much we still loved Jordan Knight.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:16 am

JodieO wrote:I'd also like to confess that between the time New Kids on the Block were awesome and the time they got back together I totally got bagged unconsciously singing along with this song in a shop. I happened to make eye contact with the girl working and realized the way she was grinning at me at which point I snapped my mouth shut. Then she pointed at me and exclaimed "I saw you! You can't hide from me!" and then we had a long, but hushed conversation about how much we still loved Jordan Knight.

I LOVE it when boy bands (and teen vampire books) can bring people together!!!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 am

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Daily Chats