Go to footer

Holiday Hootenanny

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby mandaliz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:50 am

Kay Kay wrote:Is there one tradition that you all do for Christmas? Like a movie you HAVE to watch, food you HAVE to make, person you HAVE to send a card to even though you hate them?

Mr. KK and I are finally out of the shuttleing between families and doing whatever tradition of the house is. We're trying to come up with our own. The only one we've got so far is buying a new ornament every year that represent the year. This year is a "First Christmas in our new house" ornament because symbolism is too much for me this year. :roll: :roll: The other two were a bit more clever: Two "love" birds our first year and a beaver for a second as we "build" our home. Barf, I know. :lol: :lol:

TELL ME!

For about a bajillion years my parents and I would "spontaneously decided to go out for lunch on Christmas Eve which has evolved into "spontaneously going out for Chinese food for lunch. Also, on Christmas Eve my dad reads the story of Christmas from our giant family bible. This year I'll be adding reading The Night Before Christmas to Parker. I'm sure more traditions will blossom this year as we figure out what we want to do with the baby. As for me personally, I always have to watch certain movies during the Christmas season: Elf, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Love Actually, Scrooged, & A Christmas Story - though no one else wants to watch that last one when it's on TBS so I may have to get my own copy so I can watch it when I want to.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:53 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Since a lot of Mr.Abs' immediate family is all growed up now (everyone is in their 30's+) we started a new tradition with his side a few years back where instead of exchanging gifts with one another we all get together for lunch and a movie. Then we go back to his mom's place and open up our stockings, which are filled with whatever cute little gifts under $20.
It's kinda nice actually.

That does sound nice.

My best friends and I decided to stop giving each other presents and instead go out for a nice dinner together so we go to the Melting Pot for fondue and endless cocktails. We have a BLAST!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:59 am

Kay Kay wrote:
JodieO wrote:
LittleSecrets wrote:I picked a snow-less snow day (i.e., kids are grumpy to begin with due to lack of snow) to attempt pics for Christmas cards. Not my brightest moment. Hopefully the holiday cheer will still show. Maybe I can photoshop out the terror in their eyes from all my threats to, "Stand up straight! Stop picking your nose! It's not funny to pretend to be picking your brother's nose! Move closer together! No, not on top of each other! Just look happy, dangit!"

I still do this. :? :? :? :oops: :oops: :oops: I am a horrible picture taker. I feel so dopey/like I'm trying to hard a la myspace-photo but then I get annoyed that I rarely take a good picture. :roll: :roll: :roll: There's no help for me.

I have a 'photo face' I use when people are trying to take my picture. I smile and tilt my head and it's cute. It sure looks better than if I tried to hide or they caught me unawares, but for some reason everyone gets annoyed when I pose for them. People are never happy.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 am

mandaliz wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:Since a lot of Mr.Abs' immediate family is all growed up now (everyone is in their 30's+) we started a new tradition with his side a few years back where instead of exchanging gifts with one another we all get together for lunch and a movie. Then we go back to his mom's place and open up our stockings, which are filled with whatever cute little gifts under $20.

That does sound nice.

My best friends and I decided to stop giving each other presents and instead go out for a nice dinner together so we go to the Melting Pot for fondue and endless cocktails. We have a BLAST!

The Melting Pot by Castleton Mall? :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Every time you refer to your husband as Mr. Abs I jut assume he looks like this:

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:37 pm

mandaliz wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
mandaliz wrote:I was so excited for Christmas before I gave birth. Now I'll all, "I wonder if I'll get a shower or a nap today."

huh. My kids are 12 and 8 and I still think those things.

Heh! Naps are glorious things. P thinks she can only sleep if she's touching us or can see us if she opens her eyes. She doesn't want to sleep in her bassinet, but sleeps soundly enough that Mr M & I can actually get a decent night's sleep if she sleeps in our arms in our bed. The "experts" say that's awful because we could roll over in our sleep onto her, plus we don't want her to get used to that and want to sleep in our bed all the time. Desperation at 3 in the morning, though, leads us to give in so we can get some sleep. What did you do?

Well. Here's the thing. You do what works for YOU. If you're ok with co-sleeping. You do that. Me? No. NO way. that was my bed. There was a point when the youngest was around 2 that he wouldn't sleep in his bed. and ended up in ours every night. and I Hated it. HATE.

But she's itty bitty. You'll never get this time back. You're tired and don't mind? Let her sleep with you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Chris asked me last night what I wanted for Xmas. After stressing about it all night and all morning, I asked him for a new tattoo.

He didn't answer me. I don't think I'm getting one. lol
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:37 pm

lori_seals wrote:Chris asked me last night what I wanted for Xmas. After stressing about it all night and all morning, I asked him for a new tattoo.

Will he get one for me? I still have two planned. They're just little ones. One color. Fairly cheap in the realm of tattoos...

Do you have one in mind?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:41 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:Chris asked me last night what I wanted for Xmas. After stressing about it all night and all morning, I asked him for a new tattoo.

Will he get one for me? I still have two planned. They're just little ones. One color. Fairly cheap in the realm of tattoos...

Do you have one in mind?

No I don't think he will since I'm pretty sure he wont' get me one. :D He's not ANTI tat's. he has one. He just doesn't understand the wanting more than one thing.

I do, actually! I want a phoenix.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:51 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Do you have one in mind?

No I don't think he will since I'm pretty sure he wont' get me one. :D He's not ANTI tat's. he has one. He just doesn't understand the wanting more than one thing.

I do, actually! I want a phoenix.

OOoh! I like that idea! A super colorful one or a black graphic one?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby lori_seals » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:54 pm

JodieO wrote:

I'm not sure!! I tend to be draw more toward black graphic tats but I can't decide about this one.

Also, a tat would be more $$ than we're planning on spending so it's really kind of a stupid idea. :cry:
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:07 pm

I keep coming back to this one, Jode

lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:09 pm

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:

I'm not sure!! I tend to be draw more toward black graphic tats but I can't decide about this one.

Also, a tat would be more $$ than we're planning on spending so it's really kind of a stupid idea. :cry:

I can't justify spending the money on mine, either. :cry:
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:21 pm

*opens door and peeks tentatively inside*

Hello? Between Thanksgiving, travel for work, and 2 snow days home baking and wrapping, it seems like forevah since I've been here. How is everyone?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby lori_seals » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Alexandra wrote:*opens door and peeks tentatively inside*

Hello? Between Thanksgiving, travel for work, and 2 snow days home baking and wrapping, it seems like forevah since I've been here. How is everyone?

STRANGER DANGER!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:42 pm

lori_seals wrote:

STRANGER DANGER!

AIEEEEEEE!!!!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:45 pm

lori_seals wrote:

STRANGER DANGER!

ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Alexandra wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

[STRANGER DANGER!

best laugh I've had all day!!!!
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:59 pm

JodieO wrote:

Every time you refer to your husband as Mr. Abs I jut assume he looks like this:

Um, yeah, that's him right there!

↓ this is beautiful
lori_seals wrote: Image

↓ this is scary as
Alexandra wrote:Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:37 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
[STRANGER DANGER

best laugh I've had all day!!!!

this is the best laugh I've had all day
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:Um, yeah, that's him right there!

Hubba hubba!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Jodie mentioned this scene on twitter yesterday and I've been thinking about it since.

I watched the fireplace sex episode today. Feel free to gif that one up, too.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Kay Kay wrote:Is there one tradition that you all do for Christmas? Like a movie you HAVE to watch, food you HAVE to make, person you HAVE to send a card to even though you hate them?

Mr. KK and I are finally out of the shuttleing between families and doing whatever tradition of the house is. We're trying to come up with our own. The only one we've got so far is buying a new ornament every year that represent the year. This year is a "First Christmas in our new house" ornament because symbolism is too much for me this year. :roll: :roll: The other two were a bit more clever: Two "love" birds our first year and a beaver for a second as we "build" our home. Barf, I know. :lol: :lol:

TELL ME!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:35 am

Christmas song by Sam Bradley and Marcus Foster guys. It reminds me of Spongebob. I can imagine sinking a Christmas Mojito whilst listening to it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:39 am

But THIS is my favourite!

I've had many a drunken evening singing (howling) along to this one. Good times. :)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat