Go to footer

Holiday Hootenanny

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby Alexandra » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:13 am

guitargirl wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Image

Jodie, Bear in the Big Blue House isn't scary. As I recall he was a friendly bear and sang songs and talked to the moon. If I still have a video stashed in a corner somewhere, I could send it to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Just Kidding. You don't have to approach your mailbox with trepidation, it was the 13 yr old who liked Bear and I know I got rid of that crap years ago. You are safe.)

Bear in the big blue house rocked!!!! Much better than Barney the purple fucking paedosaur who my 2nd kid loved. :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

Barney was banned in our house. However, I know all the words to every Wiggles song. (I even know some of the dance moves. You do what you gotta do to keep the kids appeased. ;) )
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:22 am

JodieO wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Ron does not seem too comfortable riding on the back of this motorcycle. :lol: :lol:

I think he's mad that other dude stole his hairdo.

I don't care what y'all say, that gif is creepy. And that moon leering in the background doesn't help!

I think you're right!!!!! They keep giving him these shitty Mr Bean type hairstyles in his films. I think they are trying to tame down his hotness. It's definitely working. I've stopped checking for new pics these days as there is nothing sttractive to me about a guy with a greased down side parting. It reminds me of James Spader in Mannequin.

There is absolutely nothing attractive about this look. Sorry Rob, even you can't carry this look off. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:24 am

Alexandra wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
Alexandra wrote:Image

Jodie, Bear in the Big Blue House isn't scary. As I recall he was a friendly bear and sang songs and talked to the moon. If I still have a video stashed in a corner somewhere, I could send it to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Just Kidding. You don't have to approach your mailbox with trepidation, it was the 13 yr old who liked Bear and I know I got rid of that crap years ago. You are safe.)

Bear in the big blue house rocked!!!! Much better than Barney the purple fucking paedosaur who my 2nd kid loved. :lol: :lol: :lol: :?

Barney was banned in our house. However, I know all the words to every Wiggles song. (I even know some of the dance moves. You do what you gotta do to keep the kids appeased. ;) )

Hee! This is why my kids had a 7 pm bed time when they were little. Shitty kids programmes made me want to reach for the wine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Alexandra » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:42 am

kelbel75 wrote:we wanted to go to Doune specifically b/c they have an audio tour narrated by one of the Monty Python guys :P did you spend time in Edinburgh? we are going to be on our own there and I'm not sure what I want to see/do yet, so suggestions would be welcome :D

Kel, we spent most of our time in Edinburgh (I belive it is Edin-burr-a). What a beautiful city. Bring your walking shoes, your raincoat and umbrella. ;)

You should definitely look into getting the Historic Scotland Explorer Pass. http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/index/places/explorer.htm It was recommended by our guide and it saved us a good deal of money. We used it for admission to Stirling Castle, Doune Castle, Edinburgh Castle and Incholm Abbey. We were only there 5 nights, so we got the shorter pass, but you can buy the longer pass if you are going to spend more time going to spend more time in Scotland. It was very easy to navigate the city. We usually walked around or used the city buses. We considered the Hop On - Hop Off buses, but decided against it, so we could explore the city on our own. I would consider Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile as things that you shouldn't miss. We didn't get into Holyrood Palace - I think someone from the Royal Family was there so it was closed. :? We spent a day with a private guide who drove us up to Stirling, the Wallace Monument, Doune Castle, and Loch Lommond. It was fabulous. Another day we took a city bus to Queensferry, and then took a ferry boat ride out to Incholm Abbey. It was beautiful and we spent a couple hours exploring the island. From the shore in Queensferry we could see both of the famous Firth of Forth bridges. On the boat ride we saw seals and a nice view of Edinburgh in the distance. I'd highly recommend that trip.

The museums are free, but we didn't really get a chance to explore. But I can very highly recommend the lovely restrooms inside the Scottish National Portrait Gallery. When you have to go, you have to go and it was nice, accessible and clean!

I enjoyed a historical fiction book that a friend recommended to me before I went to Scotland, so I will recommend it to you in case you like that sort of thing. It is based in truth and the facts are filled in by the writer. Queen Hereafter. It is about Queen Margaret of Scotland. You can see her Chapel in Edinburgh Castle and if you get to Queensferry, just know that that town is where her ferry rides across the Firth originiated.
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby guitargirl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:39 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:well, we've sent away for our passports and booked the tour part of our Scotland trip (this summer). we still haven't made the hotel or plane reservations yet though. I'm equally excited and nervous :shock: (I've never been overseas, and it will be the first time I'm leaving my kids :? )excited is inching ahead though :D we'll be staying in Edinburgh, then going on a three day tour of the Isle of Skye. we're doing a day trip of Loch Lomond and Stirling castle too (wanted to go to a diff't castle where one of the Monty Python movies was filmed, but it's also the same one they're using for "Outlander" so it's not available :| )

YAY! Scotland is gorgeous. We were talking last night about maybe going to Inverness next summer. (We didn't get into the Highlands on our UK trip a couple summers ago.) Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with as far as planning. I'm excited for you!

And boo for not getting to see Doune Castle. When we were there we watched a wedding procession on their way inside. Yum. Pretty boys in dress kilts complete with pipers. (Oh yeah, there was a bride there too, but her outfit wasn't exotic enough for me to take notice. ;) ) Our tour guide and I were busy trading Monty Python quotes and annoying Mr. A - he doesn't get Monty Python humor. :o I didn't realize at the time that Doune was also Winterfell from Game of Thrones. Now I've watched a couple old episodes again and I can sort of see it. But from the pictures I've seen online, we will see a good deal more of it in Outlander.

we wanted to go to Doune specifically b/c they have an audio tour narrated by one of the Monty Python guys :P did you spend time in Edinburgh? we are going to be on our own there and I'm not sure what I want to see/do yet, so suggestions would be welcome :D also, do you know how to pronounce it correctly? Edin-bra, Edin-burr-a? we have an Edinburgh here in Indiana and say Edin-burg, but I know that's not right; Indiana is notorious for naming their towns after European ones and botching the pronunciations :roll:

@amy: my parents will be looking after my kids here at our house, so I'm not worried for them, just that I'll miss them(we pretty much do everything w/our kids, once in awhile we'll go to a movie w/out them but that's about it :? ) we're going to learn how to use Skype so we can communicate w/our laptops :)

It's Edin-burra. :D :D The Isle of Skye is beautiful (we spent a week there 2 years ago and we loved it!) I also think you should take a trip down to the Midlands and come see me. :D :D :D :D Not as pretty as Scotland, but I promise you fun (and brandy.) :D :D :D :D
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm

I really hope I'm not coming down with something. I feel like this:

Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:16 pm

DED. this is so hilarious. sorry jodie, don't click the box...baby alert!

Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby Alexandra » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:21 pm

dancing_echoes wrote:I really hope I'm not coming down with something. I feel like this:

Whatever you have, I think that you gave it to me. :( *whine* I'm exhausted, I slept like shit, my head hurts, my throat hurts and I think my glands are swollen. Oh yeah, and someone (a friend) came up to me this afternoon, and said "Wow. You don't look so good. Are you ok"
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Alexandra wrote:
dancing_echoes wrote:I really hope I'm not coming down with something. I feel like this:

Whatever you have, I think that you gave it to me. :( *whine* I'm exhausted, I slept like shit, my head hurts, my throat hurts and I think my glands are swollen. Oh yeah, and someone (a friend) came up to me this afternoon, and said "Wow. You don't look so good. Are you ok"

I'm just on the exhausted head-hurting stage. My face feels all dead and I can't focus worth a shit. :|

Go home and get some rest! *hugs*
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Alexandra wrote:Barney was banned in our house. However, I know all the words to every Wiggles song. (I even know some of the dance moves. You do what you gotta do to keep the kids appeased. ;) )

Bear and the Wiggles! Yup, my house too. NO to Barney. Never. Nope. No way.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:16 pm

I make time to come say hi and it's all cobwebs 'round here!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Oh no it looks like everyone has the lurgy!!!!! *sprays disinfectant then offers everyone brandy*
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:31 pm

lori_seals wrote:I make time to come say hi and it's all cobwebs 'round here!

I'm here. HI! :D :D :D :D

I need another weekend as this one has been hella hectic! Guitarboy had a gig on Saturday and the rest has been a whirlwind hive of activity. Do not like.Weekends should include brandy and sleep.
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 pm

guitargirl wrote:

I need another weekend as this one has been hella hectic! Guitarboy had a gig on Saturday and the rest has been a whirlwind hive of activity. Do not like.Weekends should include brandy and sleep.

I hate weekends like that. Seems like mine are all like that. Now baseball season is starting so my week nights will be like that too.
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:43 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

I hate weekends like that. Seems like mine are all like that. Now baseball season is starting so my week nights will be like that too.

Ugh, I feel for you. :?

I'm hoping Rob starts filming another movie soon. The outfits and hair on this one are yawntastic. Shall we campaign for him to do a rebel role? Drink, music, tatts and dirty humping?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:44 pm

guitargirl wrote:I'm hoping Rob starts filming another movie soon. The outfits and hair on this one are yawntastic. Shall we campaign for him to do a rebel role? Drink, music, tatts and dirty humping?

Can I co star?? :D
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:49 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I'm hoping Rob starts filming another movie soon. The outfits and hair on this one are yawntastic. Shall we campaign for him to do a rebel role? Drink, music, tatts and dirty humping?

Only if I can be the fluffer. ;)
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:12 pm

guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:

Of course!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:15 pm

lori_seals wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
lori_seals wrote:I'm hoping Rob starts filming another movie soon. The outfits and hair on this one are yawntastic. Shall we campaign for him to do a rebel role? Drink, music, tatts and dirty humping?

Of course![/quote]

Who do we need to shag to make this happen?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Happy belated Birthday to Kay Kay! :D

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby guitargirl » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Sorry I didn't realise. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KK!
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:00 am

Happy Belated Birthday, KK!!!Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:23 am

dancing_echoes wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:MEANWHILE, this happened...

At least he doesn't have those horrible ear covers on in that shot! Those are the bane of my winter season, along with those silly knit headbands with a flower on them. :? :D

:? :? :? :( :( :( :(

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:24 am

The sun shone for all of 7 minutes this morning.
#longestwinterever

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:29 pm

I just couldn't resist....

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat