Go to footer

Holiday Hootenanny

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby guitargirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:41 am

I'm finding listening to the Christmas songs hard this year. it was Mums favourite time of year, and my first without her. :(
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7477
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby mandaliz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:41 am

lori_seals wrote:
Well. Here's the thing. You do what works for YOU. If you're ok with co-sleeping. You do that. Me? No. NO way. that was my bed. There was a point when the youngest was around 2 that he wouldn't sleep in his bed. and ended up in ours every night. and I Hated it. HATE.

But she's itty bitty. You'll never get this time back. You're tired and don't mind? Let her sleep with you.


I definitely wouldn't say I like it. I'm paranoid that I'm going to roll over on her so I sleep lightly and awkwardly but I actually get to SLEEP for like a 3 hour stretch most of the time. where as when she is in the bassinet she only sleeps for an hour or an hour & a half. It's more exhausted desperation than anything. Last night even co-sleeping wouldn't keep her from waking up every 45 minutes to an hour. Ah the fun of a newborn! :D I may just fall asleep at my keyboarzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby guitargirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:45 am

mandaliz wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
Well. Here's the thing. You do what works for YOU. If you're ok with co-sleeping. You do that. Me? No. NO way. that was my bed. There was a point when the youngest was around 2 that he wouldn't sleep in his bed. and ended up in ours every night. and I Hated it. HATE.

But she's itty bitty. You'll never get this time back. You're tired and don't mind? Let her sleep with you.


I definitely wouldn't say I like it. I'm paranoid that I'm going to roll over on her so I sleep lightly and awkwardly but I actually get to SLEEP for like a 3 hour stretch most of the time. where as when she is in the bassinet she only sleeps for an hour or an hour & a half. It's more exhausted desperation than anything. Last night even co-sleeping wouldn't keep her from waking up every 45 minutes to an hour. Ah the fun of a newborn! :D I may just fall asleep at my keyboarzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....


Aw Mand I do feel for you. I remember when my youngest was 6 weeks old I was so tired that my DH and I went to bed at 7 o'clock with the eldest. It is a tiring time, but after 6 weeks they do start to sleep a bit longer. Usually..... :?
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7477
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby mandaliz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:46 am

guitargirl wrote:I'm finding listening to the Christmas songs hard this year. it was Mums favourite time of year, and my first without her. :(


Oh honey, HUGS! :(
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby mandaliz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:48 am

guitargirl wrote:
mandaliz wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
Well. Here's the thing. You do what works for YOU. If you're ok with co-sleeping. You do that. Me? No. NO way. that was my bed. There was a point when the youngest was around 2 that he wouldn't sleep in his bed. and ended up in ours every night. and I Hated it. HATE.

But she's itty bitty. You'll never get this time back. You're tired and don't mind? Let her sleep with you.


I definitely wouldn't say I like it. I'm paranoid that I'm going to roll over on her so I sleep lightly and awkwardly but I actually get to SLEEP for like a 3 hour stretch most of the time. where as when she is in the bassinet she only sleeps for an hour or an hour & a half. It's more exhausted desperation than anything. Last night even co-sleeping wouldn't keep her from waking up every 45 minutes to an hour. Ah the fun of a newborn! :D I may just fall asleep at my keyboarzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....


Aw Mand I do feel for you. I remember when my youngest was 6 weeks old I was so tired that my DH and I went to bed at 7 o'clock with the eldest. It is a tiring time, but after 6 weeks they do start to sleep a bit longer. Usually..... :?


She does sleep for most of the day so I can nap but I feel like I'm turning into a vampire, sleeping all day & up all night! :lol:
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby guitargirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:50 am

mandaliz wrote:
guitargirl wrote:I'm finding listening to the Christmas songs hard this year. it was Mums favourite time of year, and my first without her. :(


Oh honey, HUGS! :(


Thanks. :)
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7477
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby guitargirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 am

mandaliz wrote:
Aw Mand I do feel for you. I remember when my youngest was 6 weeks old I was so tired that my DH and I went to bed at 7 o'clock with the eldest. It is a tiring time, but after 6 weeks they do start to sleep a bit longer. Usually..... :?


She does sleep for most of the day so I can nap but I feel like I'm turning into a vampire, sleeping all day & up all night! :lol:[/quote]

I know its difficult but she will turn herself around eventually. At least she DOES sleep, and well rested babies sleep better. The best advice I ever had was never wake up a sleeping baby (some people DO for feeds) but I never did and both of mine slept great. My youngest however, was still wanting a nap when he started school :? but even now he will take himself off to bed if he's tired, even if we have guests. Bed is just a safe, warm and welcoming place for him and he loves it. Hang on in there Mand.
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7477
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:42 am

guitargirl wrote:I'm finding listening to the Christmas songs hard this year. it was Mums favourite time of year, and my first without her. :(


HUGS.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16167
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am

mandaliz wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
mandaliz wrote:I was so excited for Christmas before I gave birth. Now I'll all, "I wonder if I'll get a shower or a nap today."


huh. My kids are 12 and 8 and I still think those things.


Heh! Naps are glorious things. P thinks she can only sleep if she's touching us or can see us if she opens her eyes. She doesn't want to sleep in her bassinet, but sleeps soundly enough that Mr M & I can actually get a decent night's sleep if she sleeps in our arms in our bed. The "experts" say that's awful because we could roll over in our sleep onto her, plus we don't want her to get used to that and want to sleep in our bed all the time. Desperation at 3 in the morning, though, leads us to give in so we can get some sleep. What did you do?


Oh hon... I feel your pain, even nine years later... My DH and I eventually gave up and ended up co-sleeping with Muffin. Everyone got sleep. End of story. Eventually Muffin did move into her own bed (years later...). DH was adamant that he didn't want her in our bed at first, but when she finally moved into her own room he missed her like crazy. Kids co-sleep all over the world, except for the western culture. Do some google searches on attachment parenting and co-sleeping. Not everyone agrees, but those of us who did co-sleep ended up loving it. And don't worry, if you want to put your freak on with your DH you'll have the rest of the house after your peanut's sleeping ;) I could talk your head off about this topic so I'll stop here, feel free to pm (or call if you want?) to discuss more.
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:51 am

guitargirl wrote:I'm finding listening to the Christmas songs hard this year. it was Mums favourite time of year, and my first without her. :(


GG- Those Xmas songs? Its her sending you holiday hugs via the radio. Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby lori_seals » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:45 am

guitargirl wrote:I'm finding listening to the Christmas songs hard this year. it was Mums favourite time of year, and my first without her. :(


Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor
 
Posts: 6664
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby guitargirl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Aw thanks guys, you all give the BEST hugs. Just when I need them. Hugs right back!!!!!!!! I think it was Eva Cassidy's Somewhere over the rainbow that was the final straw this morning. :? Though to be fair, my Mums favourite songs tended to be the likes of 'Slade' and 'Boney M' rather than the more sedate stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She LOVED a party and a sing along so Muffinmom is right, she's probably sending the songs to make me smile and dance along to, and not the snotty mess I was earlier. :lol: :lol: :lol: GG Fail. :lol:
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7477
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby lori_seals » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:32 am

It's Friday, I don't feel like working very hard.

ENTERTAIN ME!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor
 
Posts: 6664
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby JodieO » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 am

All you baby-talkers are in trouble! If I'd had all your numbers I'd have texted you in the middle of the night to bitch about my dream. First I dreamt I was pregnant. I didn't even have a fun dream beforehand to get me there. I was just walking around and all of the sudden... awwww, what?! Pregnant belly?! Next day... AWW, WHAT?! BABY?! I remember looking down at it and thinking "what the fuck am I going to do with this thing? I don't want a fucking baby!" I woke up so. angry. I actually had my phone in my hand ready to yell at you all.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16167
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby JodieO » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 am

guitargirl wrote:Aw thanks guys, you all give the BEST hugs. Just when I need them. Hugs right back!!!!!!!! I think it was Eva Cassidy's Somewhere over the rainbow that was the final straw this morning. :? Though to be fair, my Mums favourite songs tended to be the likes of 'Slade' and 'Boney M' rather than the more sedate stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She LOVED a party and a sing along so Muffinmom is right, she's probably sending the songs to make me smile and dance along to, and not the snotty mess I was earlier. :lol: :lol: :lol: GG Fail. :lol:


I think I would have liked your mum.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16167
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby lori_seals » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:15 am

JodieO wrote:All you baby-talkers are in trouble! If I'd had all your numbers I'd have texted you in the middle of the night to bitch about my dream. First I dreamt I was pregnant. I didn't even have a fun dream beforehand to get me there. I was just walking around and all of the sudden... awwww, what?! Pregnant belly?! Next day... AWW, WHAT?! BABY?! I remember looking down at it and thinking "what the fuck am I going to do with this thing? I don't want a fucking baby!" I woke up so. angry. I actually had my phone in my hand ready to yell at you all.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can totally picture your horror and anger this morning.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor
 
Posts: 6664
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 am


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby JodieO » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:30 am

lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:All you baby-talkers are in trouble! If I'd had all your numbers I'd have texted you in the middle of the night to bitch about my dream. First I dreamt I was pregnant. I didn't even have a fun dream beforehand to get me there. I was just walking around and all of the sudden... awwww, what?! Pregnant belly?! Next day... AWW, WHAT?! BABY?! I remember looking down at it and thinking "what the fuck am I going to do with this thing? I don't want a fucking baby!" I woke up so. angry. I actually had my phone in my hand ready to yell at you all.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can totally picture your horror and anger this morning.


It was horrible!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16167
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby guitargirl » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 pm

JodieO wrote:
lori_seals wrote:
JodieO wrote:All you baby-talkers are in trouble! If I'd had all your numbers I'd have texted you in the middle of the night to bitch about my dream. First I dreamt I was pregnant. I didn't even have a fun dream beforehand to get me there. I was just walking around and all of the sudden... awwww, what?! Pregnant belly?! Next day... AWW, WHAT?! BABY?! I remember looking down at it and thinking "what the fuck am I going to do with this thing? I don't want a fucking baby!" I woke up so. angry. I actually had my phone in my hand ready to yell at you all.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can totally picture your horror and anger this morning.


It was horrible!



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is FAF! I can imagine you looking at it like a tarantula!
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7477
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby guitargirl » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:41 pm

OK this isn't much of a hootenanny without music, so I'm going to post a daily Christmas song (unless I'm stressed or fresh out of ideas :lol:

Watching this has given me the biggest shit eating grin, as I clearly remember Mum after one too many sherry's dancing and singing along to this. Awwww. :D

For you Dilly.
TTFN
User avatar
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian
 
Posts: 7477
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:59 pm


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby amynkansas » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:45 pm

make your own Miley Cyrus ornament:

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby amynkansas » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:50 pm

guitargirl wrote:OK this isn't much of a hootenanny without music, so I'm going to post a daily Christmas song (unless I'm stressed or fresh out of ideas :lol:

Watching this has given me the biggest shit eating grin, as I clearly remember Mum after one too many sherry's dancing and singing along to this. Awwww. :D

For you Dilly.


I can get on board with this Christmas song...just not the other 24 song they keep playing over and over on the radio.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid
 
Posts: 3442
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby mandaliz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:40 am

JodieO wrote:All you baby-talkers are in trouble! If I'd had all your numbers I'd have texted you in the middle of the night to bitch about my dream. First I dreamt I was pregnant. I didn't even have a fun dream beforehand to get me there. I was just walking around and all of the sudden... awwww, what?! Pregnant belly?! Next day... AWW, WHAT?! BABY?! I remember looking down at it and thinking "what the fuck am I going to do with this thing? I don't want a fucking baby!" I woke up so. angry. I actually had my phone in my hand ready to yell at you all.


Oopsies!
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby mandaliz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:03 am

My MIL is coming to visit today. Sorry, baby, but I'm throwing you to the wolves as a distraction to keep her off my back!
User avatar
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:33 am
Location: Virginia


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby JodieO » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:02 am

mandaliz wrote:My MIL is coming to visit today. Sorry, baby, but I'm throwing you to the wolves as a distraction to keep her off my back!


That's what she's there for!
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16167
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: Holiday Hootenanny

Postby mkladyjmm » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello, ducks! Long time no lurky-poo and even a longer time with a post. It's snowy and blowy here in the middle of the mitten, so I ran out quick for the makings for chili. My only nod to the holidays this year is the purchase of eggnog that has whiskey, bourbon and brandy in it and I've hung a wreath over the door. Oh yeah, I bought diapers and wipes for the office "stuff a cubicle" that we have to donate to a needy family. (My baby is almost 27; my diaper days are ovah!!)

Congrats on the baby, sorry you are missing your mum, freaky dreams are the worst(!!!) and go for the tattoo. Love to all.
------
Joyce
User avatar
mkladyjmm
Fake Lesbian
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:47 am
Location: Lansing, Robigan

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests