Go to footer

What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the malts

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby absolutelyvlc » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 am

PS - I'm here. Lonely. :(
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby amynkansas » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:41 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:PS - I'm here. Lonely. :(


Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby JodieO » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:19 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:DAMMIT. How did you fix your YT issues?



Take the "s" out of "https://"


Well son of a biscuit.
Image
User avatar
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug
 
Posts: 16216
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am
Location: Maine, USA


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby absolutelyvlc » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:25 pm

mmmmmm, biscuits.
Image
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:48 pm

a story of my day for you to enjoy....
so I'm at work. I take a break to pee. Sitting on the toilet* and I go to wipe and my cell phone starts to slide out of my pocket. So I ended up wrenching my back to save the phone...
I am in pain and can't move without causing myself pain.

So after an innocent trip to the loo, I end up injuring myself. #old

*yes, I thought about inserting the sittin' on the toilet meme there
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Image
oh yeah, i went there.

ps - hope your back feels better soon
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:38 am

Oh Amy!! That's awful!! Hope your back's better!

At least you saved your phone. I lost my first iphone because it decided to go for a swim and slide out of my pocket as I was getting ready to sit. I'm eternally grateful that the Apple store clerk just gave me a new one to replace it, no questions asked.

BTW, I'm back from Mexico - as you can see - and I posted a couple of TravelRob pics up on the tumblr site. http://travelrob.tumblr.com/
Weired trip to Mexico - nice but weird. Apparently the big thing to eat in Monterrey is baby goat. err, well, ok.... they insisted on taking me out to dinner to try it out. Not my fave but I survived. And GET THIS - the local candy is caramel (dulce de leche) - as in they dont' have ANY local chocolate, just caramel candies! Its the only are I've ever been to that has NO local chocolate whatsoever! Weird, right?

Thanks to Amy I had Outlander keeping me company thru the trip. Sigh.. Jamie...!! (be still my beating heart!) But I still had TravelRob with me, so my Rob Love is very much alive, LOL! It almost felt like I was two-timing poor Rob/Edward ;)

Challenge wise - I was able to sneak in ONE yoga session in my room, then they kept me too busy to do any workouts. And what is it with latin countries and barely having veggies on the menu? Verra Verra hard to find anything healthy to eat! Especially when I'm leery of the lettuce b/c I'm afraid of the water (brushing my teeth with bottled water, etc).
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Muffin you have such a knack for positioning Ron to make it look like he's actually there!!!
http://travelrob.tumblr.com/
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:30 pm

What, where did this Travelin' Rob come from?
I like him :D
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby obava » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:02 pm

I love all the TravelRobs- I had no idea there were so many!!

Amy- I am sorry you are old and forgot how to potty correctly ;)

My depression is getting worse. I'm going to try to find someone to prescribe me antidepressants.
User avatar
obava
Twilosophy Major
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:43 am
Location: Rocky Mountains, USA


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Abs & Obava - I had asked Amy to send me the jpg file for TravelRob so I could print a new one (since the old one got lost in New Zealand), and she instead sent me THREE TravelRobs!! Since I couldn't pick, I printed and laminated all three. But yeah, this one's great because he's a bit smaller so a bit more portable.

Obava - I take it you're going to see a dr? Either way, thinking of you and hope you start to feel better asap - if nothing else, the nicer weather should help, right? Hang in there!

Just got off the phone with my sister. Le Sigh. We tend to have disagreements on medical/health stuff and today was yet another one. Just b/c the dr told her to give tea to my nephew when they were trying to decrease his iron (when he had cancer), she HAD to ask if I drink tea, and insisted that my herbal (ie mint) tea would leach the little iron I have in my blood. Sure. Right. Whatever. She's like a dog with a bone though, would't let it go until I said it was Muffin's bedtime (not really!).

Ok, will stop ranting. I'm going to go scouring the internet for hypothyroid diet suggestions. Wish me luck! Also will call the dr tomorrow for an appt to check my thyroid.
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:52 pm

obava wrote:I love all the TravelRobs- I had no idea there were so many!!

Amy- I am sorry you are old and forgot how to potty correctly ;)

My depression is getting worse. I'm going to try to find someone to prescribe me antidepressants.


I'm currently on Pristiq and have been "happy" (read: can deal with what life throws at me in an acceptable manner 90% of the time). Glad you are seeking help.

Your Potty comment made me laugh!!! (best medicine ever!!!)
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:53 am

I feel stupid asking this after three months of this thread being up - but can someone explain the title "What'd you expect? Coffee, luncheons & malts?No, Not the malts" to me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:34 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:I feel stupid asking this after three months of this thread being up - but can someone explain the title "What'd you expect? Coffee, luncheons & malts?No, Not the malts" to me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


^^^^THIS ^^^^^!!!
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 am

Muffinmom wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:I feel stupid asking this after three months of this thread being up - but can someone explain the title "What'd you expect? Coffee, luncheons & malts?No, Not the malts" to me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


^^^^THIS ^^^^^!!!


It is a food related twilight "misquote"..

"What did you expect? Coffins, dungeons and moats? No, not the moats"

Frankly I thought it was hilarious!!! (but I'm slightly bias) I'm sorry it was lost of you guys. :(
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 am

AH, now I get it!! I still thought it was cute, just didn't see the Twilight connection.
Image

Where's everyone, BTW? I'm annoyed that they just told me THIS MORNING that Yoga was cancelled, so I have no workout shoes with me. Grhmph! Perhaps I'll swing by Macy's for some lunchtime shopping. Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:41 am

amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:I feel stupid asking this after three months of this thread being up - but can someone explain the title "What'd you expect? Coffee, luncheons & malts?No, Not the malts" to me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


^^^^THIS ^^^^^!!!


It is a food related twilight "misquote"..

"What did you expect? Coffins, dungeons and moats? No, not the moats"

Frankly I thought it was hilarious!!! (but I'm slightly bias) I'm sorry it was lost of you guys. :(


I knew it was a Twi reference. I just couldn't place it. My brain kept going to J.Jenks and I couldn't make a connection.
In hindsight - it is quite clever indeed. :D :D
Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby BakingNath » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 am

Helloo !

I hope everyone is having a nice easter week end with family, just enough chocolates and fun times..

This time i am at home.. on my own... it has been a choice not to travel to the family this week end as i will be doing lots of travelling in the coming weeks... it sucks anyways.. One positive thing i found about it is that i am not tempted by chocolates as i have none in my home...(minus 8kg and still running !! :) )
I found stuff to occupy me : i went to the movies yesterday and will go back today i think, this afternoon i am baking Mounas, a easter brioche tradition from my grandmothers side.

I am also anticipating next week end and the more i think about it, the more i feel old : i will travel to the east of France for my brother/future SIL for their Bachelor/ette week end with their friends and siblings (NB my brother is 8 years younger than me... i will be one of the oldest of the group with BIL) ... and parts of the program dont excite me that much : i dont know about what is done in the US(except from what i ve seenin movies) but in France, part of the day is spent "roaming" in town with the future bride wearing a ridiculous outfit and doing stupid challenges (like kissing 1 ton of men... taking picture with guys in uniforms...)... this i dont look forward to (it will be raining saturday and on top of that i have pain in my left claf when i walk) .. Thankfully we girls will have an afternoon spa, while the boys do paintball.. this will be good... i hope.. And for the evening everyone gather together and we go to a bar then restaurant and maybe a club (this i am not looking forward to.. i am not a club girl, more a chat quietly in a bar)... we ll see
Sorry i am complaining, but i always anticipate the worst, i am sure i ll have fun.

And after that i am on holidays starting 1rst of May.. This will be great.. relaxing at holiday house withe the family and enjoying the nice weather (fingers crossed) and baby niece..
Image
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
User avatar
BakingNath
Not a Bear
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: Somewhere in Normandy, France


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:14 am

BakingNath wrote:Helloo !

I hope everyone is having a nice easter week end with family, just enough chocolates and fun times..

This time i am at home.. on my own... it has been a choice not to travel to the family this week end as i will be doing lots of travelling in the coming weeks... it sucks anyways.. One positive thing i found about it is that i am not tempted by chocolates as i have none in my home...(minus 8kg and still running !! :) )
I found stuff to occupy me : i went to the movies yesterday and will go back today i think, this afternoon i am baking Mounas, a easter brioche tradition from my grandmothers side.

I am also anticipating next week end and the more i think about it, the more i feel old : i will travel to the east of France for my brother/future SIL for their Bachelor/ette week end with their friends and siblings (NB my brother is 8 years younger than me... i will be one of the oldest of the group with BIL) ... and parts of the program dont excite me that much : i dont know about what is done in the US(except from what i ve seenin movies) but in France, part of the day is spent "roaming" in town with the future bride wearing a ridiculous outfit and doing stupid challenges (like kissing 1 ton of men... taking picture with guys in uniforms...)... this i dont look forward to (it will be raining saturday and on top of that i have pain in my left claf when i walk) .. Thankfully we girls will have an afternoon spa, while the boys do paintball.. this will be good... i hope.. And for the evening everyone gather together and we go to a bar then restaurant and maybe a club (this i am not looking forward to.. i am not a club girl, more a chat quietly in a bar)... we ll see
Sorry i am complaining, but i always anticipate the worst, i am sure i ll have fun.

And after that i am on holidays starting 1rst of May.. This will be great.. relaxing at holiday house withe the family and enjoying the nice weather (fingers crossed) and baby niece..


When we were in Germany last year, a bachelor party came across me and the groom hugged and kissed me (they were looking for an American and I fit the bill). They looked like they were having such a great time. I hope you will enjoy the day as well.

I was sorry to hear about the bashing of you car window. Did you get that fixed yet?

Ab's sent this to me and it is such a great combination of my love of peeps AND Twi.

Image
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Sparkly bunny? How adorable!!

Moi - trying to research thyroid diets, there's SOOOOOOO much on the internet on them its confusing. Also feeling like I need to do some kind of detox but again, there's so many options that its overwhelming to the point of being paralyzing. Sigh. I have a dear friend who's attending the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, and one of the requirements is to practice giving nutrition advice to someone. She already knows I wanna be her guinea pig, can't wait for her to get to that stage!!

Anyone have any quick detox plans they've done and been happy with?
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Sparkly bunny? How adorable!!

Moi - trying to research thyroid diets, there's SOOOOOOO much on the internet on them its confusing. Also feeling like I need to do some kind of detox but again, there's so many options that its overwhelming to the point of being paralyzing. Sigh. I have a dear friend who's attending the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, and one of the requirements is to practice giving nutrition advice to someone. She already knows I wanna be her guinea pig, can't wait for her to get to that stage!!

Anyone have any quick detox plans they've done and been happy with?


I don't understand detox diets. I thought our bodies naturally detox themselves. That's what our kidneys and livers do. please educate me.
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:56 am

amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Sparkly bunny? How adorable!!

Moi - trying to research thyroid diets, there's SOOOOOOO much on the internet on them its confusing. Also feeling like I need to do some kind of detox but again, there's so many options that its overwhelming to the point of being paralyzing. Sigh. I have a dear friend who's attending the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, and one of the requirements is to practice giving nutrition advice to someone. She already knows I wanna be her guinea pig, can't wait for her to get to that stage!!

Anyone have any quick detox plans they've done and been happy with?


I don't understand detox diets. I thought our bodies naturally detox themselves. That's what our kidneys and livers do. please educate me.


You are right, about the body cleaning itself, however sometimes you need to clean the filter ;)
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Image

so, how's it going...?
Image
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
User avatar
amynkansas
Copstache Lover
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am
Location: Kansas


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:38 pm

HI Amy!!! What's up with you? What Outlander book are you up to?

SO - I'm in the middle of listening to Outlander Book 2. And I took out the hardcover for Book 3 which I skimmed thru to see when the reunion happened. I know, bad bad but I hadda know!!!! I have the terrible habit of reading books back to front, I have NO patience for plot development!

Other than that- I''ve got an appt for my annual physical this Friday, will be having a hear to heart with my dr about ALL the ideas/concerns etc I've got regarding my health. We'll see where that takes me.

AND this weekend I'm leaving for a girls weekend away with good friends, half of us will be celebrating (or have recently had) a milestone birthday. Looking forward to an R&R weekend away from the family, even if I'll miss them. Sadly its not a big trip like I'd envisioned (Vegas, Paris, etc), but just down the Shore. But still, should be fun, I'll be bringing rum & pina colada fixins. Which is why I rescheduled my annual physical (which includes bloodwork) for BEFORE this trip - I'm sneaky that way, LOL!

What's everyone else up to?
Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
User avatar
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Joisy


Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri May 02, 2014 8:20 am

It's Friday.
Finally.
It's raining.
Finally.
I'm glad it's not snow.

Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
User avatar
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck
 
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: The Great White North

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests