Go to footer

What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the malts

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:23 pm

mandaliz wrote:SHERLOCK!!! I AM WAY EXCITED!!! Except I am not sure I'll be able to watch it until Monday. :( I am not sure how I've managed to stay spoiler free but I am pleased I have and hope it can stay that way until I can watch it. But.... SHERLOCK!

WHEE!! I'm so stoked! SHERLOCK GIF SPAM!

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby obava » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Sorry to be spamming today but I went to my naturopath and have 2 Good Things to report:
1. I have lost 20 pounds since November :D
2. He wants me to start eating sugar again to see if I feel any different on it. Oh, doc, do I hafta???? :lol:
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby amynkansas » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:05 pm

obava wrote:Sorry to be spamming today but I went to my naturopath and have 2 Good Things to report:
2. He wants me to start eating sugar again to see if I feel any different on it. Oh, doc, do I hafta???? :lol:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! 20 POUNDS!!!!!! and you can go back to eating sugar?!!! Life is good.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby amynkansas » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:09 pm

my tree is still up too...but the ornaments are in the box. my wild card point is to get that tree down. I am SO close.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 pm

obava wrote:Sorry to be spamming today but I went to my naturopath and have 2 Good Things to report:

Thank goodness you just bought that sugar bowl!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:50 pm

JodieO wrote:
mandaliz wrote:SHERLOCK!!! I AM WAY EXCITED!!! Except I am not sure I'll be able to watch it until Monday. :( I am not sure how I've managed to stay spoiler free but I am pleased I have and hope it can stay that way until I can watch it. But.... SHERLOCK!

WHEE!! I'm so stoked! SHERLOCK GIF SPAM!

WHEEEEEEEE INDEED! That's quite a Sher-gasm! Love.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Congrats yo!

And DUDE where do I sign up for people to prescribe me sweets. Mr M is practically holding me bodily back from eating absolutely EVERYTHING in our kitchen (except the healthy stuff because boooooooo to that nonsense).
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:27 pm

mandaliz wrote:WHEEEEEEEE INDEED! That's quite a Sher-gasm! Love.

No Shergasm is complete without the sheet!

I asked bestie if she wanted a special dinner of some sort for the Sherlock premier. She asked what would be Sherlock related and I said 'starvation' because he never eats. So we're having tacos.

But I do have a good selection of Sherlock fandom teas.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:29 pm

JodieO wrote:
mandaliz wrote:WHEEEEEEEE INDEED! That's quite a Sher-gasm! Love.

No Shergasm is complete without the sheet!

I asked bestie if she wanted a special dinner of some sort for the Sherlock premier. She asked what would be Sherlock related and I said 'starvation' because he never eats. So we're having tacos.

But I do have a good selection of Sherlock fandom teas.

There's always hot dogs for the Hounds of Baskerville, cucumber salad for cu-Cumberbatch, pink lemonade (spiked with vodka) for A Study in Pink, and an IOU apple pie for dessert. I fucking love themed dinners! :geek:

As a matter of fact, I may need to do all this for myself too!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:16 pm

mandaliz wrote:There's always hot dogs for the Hounds of Baskerville, cucumber salad for cu-Cumberbatch, pink lemonade (spiked with vodka) for A Study in Pink, and an IOU apple pie for dessert. I fucking love themed dinners! :geek:

As a matter of fact, I may need to do all this for myself too!

Oh.. well.. when you put it like that I guess we are having I am Not the Commonwealth Tacos... I was going to make scones, but I'll save that for later since I bake at my parents' house and my mother can't eat before her surgery. BUT, that won't stop us from drinking one or more of my Sherlock teas. I have Sherlock, The Woman, I am Sherlocked, I O U a Brew, and Watson's Mustache.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:53 am

This place is like home.
I feel so happy after catching up on this week's posts.
I was a little blue this morning when I woke up, and still half asleep stumbled into the living room looking for my kitty to have a good snuggle. I still do that sometimes. Look for him when I know he's not there, or accidentally go to the cat food isle when I go grocery shopping. :(
But your posts stopped that funk before I fell into it.
I love you ladies!

Mandalizzy - congrats on the new position!! That's really awesomesauce. Are you super nervous to go back to work?

Obavybav - stretches before bed are going to be soooo good for you! You'll get to touch those toes in no time....especially cuz, uh, hello TWENTY POUNDS!!!!! That's fantastic.
I must say though, although it's great that the doc said to try sugars again, I am worried about you going all gung-ho with it. Unrefined sugar is so bad for the human body in general. Since you've managed so successfully to ween yourself off of it are you going to try to limit you intake? Also, thanks for the article on Family Stress Theory. I'm going to go read it after this. I'm also going to go research Grooveshark. Never heard of it, but anything to do with music is worth a looksee :D

Jodes - :( I'm giving you and Guiness virtual snuggles =^..^=

Alex - this is for you Image
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:42 am

WILD CARD
Week 2: (Jan 20 - Jan 26) Remember the scene in Eclipse when Jacob has to carry Bella through the woods in his arms – you know, the one that TOTALLY looks like KStew’s on some sort of pulley system and Tay-tay is just pretending. Well, apparently he wasn’t pretending at all. Apparently he carried her for realsies, take after take, hour after hour, all.day.long. Apparently his arms were like soggy noodles the next day. Let’s make our own soggy noodles this week. Each day, challenge yourself to do a set of jumping jacks, lunges, or squats. This is outside of your regular exercise point. Adjust the number of repetitions to suit your own body (try to do at least 4). Set a target number of reps/sets right after reading this, and strive for it each day this week. The idea is to challenge yourself, and feel the burn! Already have legs of steel? Feel like one set just ain’t gonna challenge you - do multiple sets throughout the day if you want. There’s ample time to do it – these three exercises can easily be done while you’re watching t.v., cooking dinner, working at your desk, changing a diaper, or standing in line at the bank. Pretty much anywhere really. Be sure to follow proper form (ideas listed below). And remember; don’t be nervous - if stinky Wolf Boy can do it, YOU CAN TOO!

How to do a proper jumping jack/modified jumping jack (for beginners or those with bad knees)

How to do a proper lunge with suggestions for beginners

How to do a proper squat

"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:38 pm

It's Sunday and I am happy to report that I took the Christmas tree down this morning. And is it just me or is there no way to fit the tree BACK into the box it came in without the use of bungee cords and duct tape? But whatever...I got my wild card point.

I am down 2 pounds, which is on track with the dietbet thing so that's good. I have my work out clothes in my car for tomorrow after I get off work. I am also doing a TON of laundry today to make sure I have clean work clothes and clean workout clothes. And get this....I have been actually folding and putting them away!!!! who knew?!!!

I am listening to an audiobook that i read a few years ago and I am enjoying it just as much. It's call "A Long Way Down" (look for it on the big screen in April) The narrators are mostly British so I'm getting a good dose of "tosser" "wanker" "fuck" and "telly" so life is good. I highly rec this audiobook. It's a dark comedy with some real issues being dealt with and it's very complex without a bunch of details or fuss. To summarize "4 people accidentally meet on top of a building on New Year's Eve while they were contemplating suicide. They form a strange friendship with each other over the following weeks"

Abs that's for the informative videos (and the eclipse vid)
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:11 pm

DON'T FORGET LADIES - YOU GET A FULL 10 POINTS ON THE DAY THAT YOU INTRODUCED YOURSELVES AND TOLD US ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL #9 CHALLENGE THIS WEEK.

Also, if anyone needs a spreadsheet to track their points on a daily basis I've made one up and would be happy to share.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby BakingNath » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Hello everyone !

@Obava congrats on the 20 pounds and the back to sugar permission
@Manda congrats on the more "adequate-for-your-needs" job, the 2 pounds and on the folding clean clothes (i did too... i just did not put them in their proper place)
@Jodie Your talk about Shelock made me remember there were new episodes... so i "got" them and watched them all during the week end ... sorry i could not resist 8-) i am up for discussing them once you ve / anyone seen them
@abs thanks for the wildcard and the videos they ll be helpfull

Hope your week end was good !
Mine was good despite a cold that caught up with me yesterday so lots of sneezing occured since .. I managed to go to salsa lesson and even dusted and vaccumed my place this morning (= The accomplishement of the week end :? ) Apart from that i spent the rest of it with Sherlock and a romance novel snuggled on my couch.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 am

Is it just me, or did the weekend just FLY by!! I can't wait until the next one and it's not even 8am Monday morning yet!! Couch snuggles with Cumberlock and a romance novel sounds pretty darn amazing to me right now!!!

But alas, it IS Monday. And there's a new wild card.
Imma try for 20 jumping jacks today, Wednesday, and Friday.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be 10 squats (I'm not sure if I can do more than that, but 10 sounds like a good number to start with anyway), and on Sunday I'll try for some lunges. Lunges always make my back hurt :roll:
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:46 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:Is it just me, or did the weekend just FLY by!! I can't wait until the next one and it's not even 8am Monday morning yet!! Couch snuggles with Cumberlock and a romance novel sounds pretty darn amazing to me right now!!!

But alas, it IS Monday. And there's a new wild card.
Imma try for 20 jumping jacks today, Wednesday, and Friday.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be 10 squats (I'm not sure if I can do more than that, but 10 sounds like a good number to start with anyway), and on Sunday I'll try for some lunges. Lunges always make my back hurt :roll:

I wouldn't mind an afternoon of that myself...

Spoilered in case you haven't see S3E1 yet...

I was so essited to finally get to know what happened that I didn't even give a shit what was happening on Downton and some BIG stuff happened on Downton...

You know how at the end of The Truman Show all the people watching were so excited they were clinging to each other? That's what it was like.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:10 pm

[quote="obava"]

Guitar Girl- How are you doing this week? Still subbing fruit or nuts for Christmas cake? I love that pic you posted of the kitten & the bum!

GG & Manda- baked bananas are yummy! Just peel, put on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for a bit. Honey or powdered sugar is really good on them. You know, for people who eat sugar :?

I fell off the wagon spectacularly yesterday as AF decided to screw me over. Nothing like waking your DH up at 5am to say that you need to change the bed (on a fucking Sunday too.) Aunt Flo is an evil bastard. :evil: )

Needless to say my sugar craving went through the roof and I ended up eating half a bag of chocolate peanuts. :( :( :( :(

Today I am back on the wagon, but housed in my box of shame.

TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Maybe body illusion paint is the way to go ladies!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby mandaliz » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:17 pm

I'm going to do some jumping jacks in a bit once this headache stops trying to murder me.

First day back at work went ok. Pretty much just observation & training. Found out the new position isn't just to be a teacher in this other class but they want me to be the LEAD teacher and fix the problems this class has been having, like I did with the last class they made me lead teacher in. Apparently I'm an amazing teacher and leader. I'm the shiz. But we all already knew that, right?

As soon as I got home from work I made Mr M hand over P. She immediately started absolutely beaming, just so smiley. Made everything so much better. Love love love. :)
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby obava » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:50 pm

You remember that 20 pounds I said I lost? Well I think I found them this weekend :oops: . I made chocolate chip cookies (Brown Butter Nutella Filled Three Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt, to be specific) and planned on just eating 1. One turned into 10 :( . Needless to say, I’m back on no-sugar :D . I also didn’t work out or do my stretches because my mom was here. I called her on Saturday morning to tell her I miss her & she said she missed me too, so came down! Drove 250 miles to come be with me (Sorry about bragging to you, Nath- that wasn't very nice of me :cry:). We had a good time- I only yelled at her once, which is a record :? . And I apologized immediately after, which is a first! But then we talked more about the “issue” (it was totally stupid: individual servings of juice vs. large bottles- I'm over 40 years old, woman- quit telling me what to do!!) and I almost started yelling at her again :? . I think I did tell her to just drop it so we wouldn’t have to fight about it.

I did 4 of each of the WC exercises with the videos- OUCHIE! Tried to get my son to do them with me, but he refused :lol:

Abs- Oh sweetie, I’m so sorry you have been missing your kitteh but I’m so glad we could make you feel better! My kitteh Puss passed away almost 2 years ago and we were watching an old video of her this morning. My son was all “Aww I miss Puss and I can’t believe I’ll never see her again!” :( Thanks for doing the WC and the how-to videos- this one is going to be very good for me!

Amy- Yay for stuffing your bush in your box! Well you know what I mean :lol: . YAY for -2lbs!! And I saw on the Twittah that you ran a quarter mile without dying- GOOD JOB!

Nath- Boo for your cold but yay for Sherlock & a good book and even for dusting & vacuuming!

GG- I am with you in your box of shame, but thank God today’s a new day and we can start anew! That bikini pic you posted is hilarious! PS Aunt Flo’s a heartless bitch :evil:

Manda- Obvi you are awesome! But I didn’t know you are a preschool-classroom whisperer. And OF COURSE baby Plaidly beamed when she saw you!!!

Where’s Lisa and Alex and Jodie???

Here's to a new week, ladies- let's make good choices!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:55 pm

I just did my 20 jumping jacks - AFTER I took my nightly shower. I totes forgot. Then I came on here to check in with my peeps and remembered I had to do them. So I did. Even though I'm already clean and in my PJs, and sans bra. Yeah, not a good look for doing jumping jacks. Nor particularly comfortable. I'll remember to keep a bra on on Wednesday, and I think then I'll be able to do more than 20. If my bras still fit now - I may have stretched the boobies out with all the bouncing!!!

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:29 pm

obava wrote:Where’s Lisa and Alex and Jodie???

Here's to a new week, ladies- let's make good choices!

Points four posts up.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:37 pm

I'm supposed to be observing the preschool class in my soon-to-be-old school so I can see what they do to see what I'd want to apply to my class at my new school. Just observing, not really participating in any way HOWEVER it was about 45 minutes until I was supposed to get off work & I was having major baby withdrawls so I volunteered to help but the sheets on the cots for nap time. While doing so I decided to add a little exercise too by doing squats instead of just bending over to do it. It kept me busy and I got my WC point! Go me!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:57 pm

mandaliz wrote:I'm supposed to be observing the preschool class in my soon-to-be-old school so I can see what they do to see what I'd want to apply to my class at my new school. Just observing, not really participating in any way HOWEVER it was about 45 minutes until I was supposed to get off work & I was having major baby withdrawls so I volunteered to help but the sheets on the cots for nap time. While doing so I decided to add a little exercise too by doing squats instead of just bending over to do it. It kept me busy and I got my WC point! Go me!

GO YOU! Wootwoot!. :)
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat