Go to footer

What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the malts

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:32 pm

amynkansas wrote:
SeattleLisa wrote:Hello, All. I haven't been around these parts in a long, long time. Thank you Obava for letting me know this is starting again.

Just a drive by for now, will post more later. Just returned from cycling!! woot! :)

LISA!!!!!!!!!!

And how much I've loved and missed you, too!
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Hello my Lovelies,

I’m so happy to be back! Here’s my Intro:

I started the first Challenge in January, 2010 and lost more weight than I ever had before and put over 2000 miles on my bike, thanks to many of you cheering me on. I fell hard and far off the wagon in 2011, re-gained all the weight plus, and have not had that kind of fitness/weight loss success since.

I had been out of work for a while but starting working again a year and a half ago at a job that is more busy/stressful than any other I’ve ever had, but is also very financially rewarding, I’m great at it, and I love what I do (when I am left alone!). The stress though has been taking quite a toll so I’m working on changes right now to improve things. (that’s all I’ll say here since I’m not as hidden online as I’d like to be)

As many of you know I’m happily and healthfully obsessed with cycling and Bike Bragging Days and DOING IT ANYWAY ™! Last year though I only put a pathetic 178 miles on my bike in 18 rides. I’ve considered this a LOT lately since very little makes me happier than riding that bike, feeling my muscles muscles pump, breathing in the salt air, conquering that next hill, and feeling young/light/fast on my bike/Magic Carpet Ride. Last year I talked myself out of many rides because I am uncomfortably fat (morbidly obese, really) and cycling is so much more difficult these days. Even suiting up for winter weather and then bending down to double tie my shoelaces is often a big challenge. BUT in December I bought a Cycling Journal and while visiting family in PHX, I vowed to ride 52 times this year. So far I’ve ridden 4 times and made my 2 January cycling goals.

I’m SUPER EXCITED to be back here with you fantastic ladies. I’ve missed you all so very, very much. The camaraderie here has always been a tremendous help. Shout out to Ms. Obava who still helps me out on the daily. Internet Lover, what I do without our daily texts? I would not have met you here or in person if not for this wonderful challenge.

I can’t commit to daily posting but I’ll do my best with a few times a week. Here are the points I will tweak:

5. Trying to cut back on dairy so I’ll take a calcium supplement
(I love how you say treats can become “threats”. SO TRUE!
8. I’m cutting this back to stop eating 2 hours before bedtime.
9. 15 minutes a day of cleaning/organizing something in my home. Hello, my name is Lisa, I am a slob and my life has become unmanageable. (Hello, Lisa!). These 15 minutes do not include washing dishes. I have C.H.A.O.S. (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome) and I’d like my home to be company ready by the end of this Challenge.

Abs- I have SO missed your music recs! Please keep them coming as I use them for work outs on my rebounder. To this day, the song “My Body” ALWAYS reminds me of you.

Amy- Yay! I support you in this money challenge you’re in. I DEMAND you at least dust your treadmill tomorrow (haha) and better yet, get on the thing, ya know?

BN- I still owe you a postcard!

Damn Jodie, I’ve missed your delicious snark!

Manda- First, I’m SO SO SO SO happy you had a bay-beeeeee! YAY YAY YAY!!! Quickly read your doom & gloom tale about your MIL in the daily thread. (monster in law) What a nightmare. I’m so sorry, Honey.

Ok, super excited to kick all your asses in this Challenge! <insert evil cackle here>
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 am

obava wrote:So I already said I've got some new medical stuff going on, hence the low-fiber diet. But I have also battled depression for many years, and these Challenges have helped me tremendously. Some new things I started in the last few weeks that I'm making part of my Challenge are "light" and "good." The "light": I got a UVB light box and want to use it for at least 30 minutes a day. Sometimes I forget, and I have created many, many positive habits thanks to the Challenges so I'd like the light box to be one of those. The "good": I made a Good Things jar- a place to put in note about surprises, accomplished goals, beauty, LOLs, memories worth saving, and daily blessings. I am a pessimist and constantly focus on the negative in life- my friends and family used to call me "Eeyore." This jar is to keep me focusing on the positives! (When I told my DS about the jar, he looked at me sceptically and said "No offense, mom, but I don't really see that catching on" :roll: ). I also want to start socializing more. I have turned into a veritable hermit but want to break out of my cave and start interacting with human beings more often.

First off, thank you for reminding me to take my vitamin D pill!

Secondly, my mom got one of those light boxes, too and she proudly showed it off to me. She set it up and turned it on and I was immediately all

which is probably why I have a deficiency to begin with. :?

I have this little book called 14000 to be Happy About. It's literally just a list of things. Some of them are silly things, but sometimes silly things make us happy, right? Would anyone like me to start sharing things from the list? I don't want to spam the board with them if no one wants them.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:31 am

SeattleLisa wrote:Damn Jodie, I’ve missed your delicious snark!

I aim to please! Welcome back. =)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby SeattleLisa » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:39 am

obava wrote:
SeattleLisa wrote:Hello, All. I haven't been around these parts in a long, long time. Thank you Obava for letting me know this is starting again.

Just a drive by for now, will post more later. Just returned from cycling!! woot! :)

LISA MY INTERNET WIFE!!!!!

I love you truly, madly, and deeply. :P

I just realized that I responded to myself instead of you, Gina! :lol: :lol: I meant I LOVE YOU!
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby BakingNath » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:03 am

Good morning everyone !!
Welcome back Lisa !
Just a drive by post to tell you that those not having access to the file (and wanting it) can PM me their on twitter these 3 next days, as i do not want to log on any LTT stuff from work laptop... it will not be immediate but i may be able to add you in the evenings.. (btw abava i did not receive any PM from you)
And also to tell you that i am officially 1.8 kg lighter than last week ! This is a vgreat motivation for upcoming the challenges for this week.
See you on thursday then and have a good begginning of the week with meds intake keep ups and all other challenges
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby mandaliz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:43 am

Welcome back!!!!!!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:51 am

JodieO wrote:I have this little book called 14000 to be Happy About. It's literally just a list of things. Some of them are silly things, but sometimes silly things make us happy, right? Would anyone like me to start sharing things from the list? I don't want to spam the board with them if no one wants them.

I do! I do! I could use something like that!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 am

Last night was not a good night for the challenge. Baby Plaidly would only sleep if I held her & would wake up scream crying every time I tried to put her into her bassinet then was hard to get calm again when I'd pick her back up. By one in the morning I caved & put her in the bed with us which I hate doing because I'm paranoid one of us is going to roll over on her & crush her/suffocate her. Since I'm so paranoid about it I don't sleep as deeply & barely move so I can't get as comfortable. Then Mr M's alarm kept going off & he kept ignoring it. Did I mention his alarm starts going off at 4:30am so he can go to the gym before work? I eventually fell back asleep and then slept through my let's-ease-into-getting-up-super-early-since-this-is-my-last-week-of-maternity-leave-alarm. Needless to say I didn't get my 7 hours in. I can try to make it up in naps but doubt it.

Have a great Monday everyone!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:20 pm

mandaliz wrote:
JodieO wrote:I have this little book called 14000 to be Happy About. It's literally just a list of things. Some of them are silly things, but sometimes silly things make us happy, right? Would anyone like me to start sharing things from the list? I don't want to spam the board with them if no one wants them.

I do! I do! I could use something like that!

I did a quick look for it last night and couldn't find it. I'm thinking it might have gone away in one of my book purges... :? I'll take a better look at the bookshelf tonight. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

THIS is why I'm a pack rat...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Ladies!

Here's my lame intro: I'm Alex (but not really) and I frequently try the challenge with the best intentions, I keep track of my points and record them religiously . . . for about a week and then I just drift away. I really need to get moving with watching what I eat and getting my lazy butt on my treadmill, so I want to try again. But I don't think I'll worry about the points stuff. I'll just plan to check in here daily, report what I am doing right and as the case may be what I need you all to kick my ass about. And of course I'll cheer for everyone of you who are doing wonderful things! Would that work?

I have 3 kids ages 13, 10 and 5 (he'd say almost 6) and between my job, and their activities, I'm pretty busy. Mr. A manages to squeeze his workout in during his lunch hour, but I just can't motivate myself regularly to do that. I'm planning to start using my treadmill this week - hopefully by getting up a little earlier in the morning and doing it before I go to work. I tried that last winter/spring, but it only lasted about a month and then one day I decided to sleep in instead and you know the rest of the story. Sigh. But I really need to loose some of this weight. I hate the way my clothes fit (or don't fit as the case may be.)

If you'll have me, I'm in.
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:27 pm

I might need to borrow KK's TomStu Bitchface picture to get me moving in the morning. He's scary and fierce. ;)

Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby amynkansas » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:02 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:Hello my Lovelies,

I’m so happy to be back! Here’s my Intro:

I started the first Challenge in January, 2010 and lost more weight than I ever had before and put over 2000 miles on my bike, thanks to many of you cheering me on. I fell hard and far off the wagon in 2011, re-gained all the weight plus, and have not had that kind of fitness/weight loss success since.

As many of you know I’m happily and healthfully obsessed with cycling and Bike Bragging Days and DOING IT ANYWAY ™! Last year though I only put a pathetic 178 miles on my bike in 18 rides. I’ve considered this a LOT lately since very little makes me happier than riding that bike, feeling my muscles muscles pump, breathing in the salt air, conquering that next hill, and feeling young/light/fast on my bike/Magic Carpet Ride. Last year I talked myself out of many rides because I am uncomfortably fat (morbidly obese, really) and cycling is so much more difficult these days. Even suiting up for winter weather and then bending down to double tie my shoelaces is often a big challenge. BUT in December I bought a Cycling Journal and while visiting family in PHX, I vowed to ride 52 times this year. So far I’ve ridden 4 times and made my 2 January cycling goals.

5. Trying to cut back on dairy so I’ll take a calcium supplement
(I love how you say treats can become “threats”. SO TRUE!
8. I’m cutting this back to stop eating 2 hours before bedtime.
9. 15 minutes a day of cleaning/organizing something in my home. Hello, my name is Lisa, I am a slob and my life has become unmanageable. (Hello, Lisa!). These 15 minutes do not include washing dishes. I have C.H.A.O.S. (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome) and I’d like my home to be company ready by the end of this Challenge.

I can identify with so much of your post. I lost a bunch of weight on the first challenge and gained it all back. But I'm really ready this time. My friend's dad died this weekend and it is just another reminder that life if short and the body I am in right now does not reflect the person i want to be and it is limiting my inner Amy.

So here is my intro:
I've had a couple of rough years with my DD (who 20 months clean!!!) but I became stronger during that time. I am working as a newborn baby photographer at a hospital. It's a job that I love and hate, depending on the day. I struggle with depression (controlled with meds) and Vitamin D deficiency (I take a RX dosage of D once a week and have started taking B-12 daily for energy and memory). My dream goal would be losing 50 pounds (22 kilos) but would be more than happy to lose half that by the end of 2014. But I will need your help. I get way hungry between 2-5 pm. That is the worst time for me. Plus I am tired all of the time.

I just found out that the hospital has a gym in the basement and I can workout there for free whenever i want. I went today for the first time while waiting for a baby boy to get done with his circumcision . I got a slow walking workout in (I didn't want to get sweaty) AND got to watch The Price is Right!. Tomorrow I will bring workout clothes. I stopped at the hospital cafeteria for lunch and got a salad, some green beans and a water. It was delicious, healthy and only cost me 63 cents (thank you employee discount!!)

Abs I love the music rec's you give. You can even recycle some of your previous stuff if you want. Young the Giant is YOUR song. Always makes me think of you.

Jodie, Spam away!! If you can't find the book... just make shit up.

I'm excited that Lisa is back (i have missed you so much!)

The diet bet pot is now up to $75 so I NEED to reach my goal (7.5 pounds gone by Feb 10th).

I don't know if we have a "prize" for the winner(s) but if anyone can think of something cheap and easy (we did hometown postcards one time.... which I still have posted on my refrigerator). but it can even be a nice email or workout music list. or some Pretty P0rn posts...

My goal this week (that is unrelated to physical health but more for my mental health) is to FINALLY take down the Christmas tree.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 pm

amynkansas wrote:My goal this week (that is unrelated to physical health but more for my mental health) is to FINALLY take down the Christmas tree.

We finally took our tree down yesterday afternoon. But there's still a big pile of ornaments on the coffee table waiting for me to sort through them and put them in their boxes, so I probably can't count the tree as down and cleaned up yet. I love Christmas decorations, just not after the first week or so of January. :|
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby obava » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:21 pm

JodieO wrote:First off, thank you for reminding me to take my vitamin D pill!

Secondly, my mom got one of those light boxes, too and she proudly showed it off to me. She set it up and turned it on and I was immediately all

I have this little book called 14000 to be Happy About. It's literally just a list of things. Some of them are silly things, but sometimes silly things make us happy, right? Would anyone like me to start sharing things from the list? I don't want to spam the board with them if no one wants them.

You are welcome :D and yes, that's what the lights feels like when you first turn it on. It's STRONG.

If you can find the book (or pull happy things out of your rear :? if you can't find the book), I'd love to hear them!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:22 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:
obava wrote:

LISA MY INTERNET WIFE!!!!!

I love you truly, madly, and deeply. :P

I just realized that I responded to myself instead of you, Gina! :lol: :lol: I meant I LOVE YOU!

Hey, man, self-love is good too! :lol:
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Amanda- I know you know this, but you having to go back to work already sucks donkey balls. I wish you didn't have to :cry:

Hi Alex!

And I thought I saw Guitar Girl here- did she run away?

Nath- I saw on Twitter that you resisted the delicious Belgian beer- good job!!!

Has anyone here ever juiced? Day 1 was SCARY :shock: I don't know if I'll keep this up.

I've already made another change. I have no problem getting in the 4C of water, but have been wanting to incorporate stretching into my daily routine so changed that challenge to bedtime stretches, 1pt/day. Maybe by March 9 I'll be able to touch my toes! :oops: :P

Hope everyone's week was off to a good start!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby JodieO » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:44 pm

obava wrote:
JodieO wrote:First off, thank you for reminding me to take my vitamin D pill!

You are welcome :D and yes, that's what the lights feels like when you first turn it on. It's STRONG.

If you can find the book (or pull happy things out of your rear :? if you can't find the book), I'd love to hear them!

I haven't found the book, so I'm guessing I got rid of it, so I'll try to come up with some random ones from time to time. Like now!

Five things to be happy about:

1. Kitty purrs.
2. Cracking the spine of a new book.
3. Fresh, crisp sheets.
4. Bear hugs.
5. Funny gifs.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 am

JodieO wrote:I haven't found the book, so I'm guessing I got rid of it, so I'll try to come up with some random ones from time to time. Like now!

Five things to be happy about:

1. Kitty purrs.
2. Cracking the spine of a new book.
3. Fresh, crisp sheets.
4. Bear hugs.
5. Funny gifs.

Yes! This list made me smile so thank you!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 am

Guess who looks beautiful today...
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:07 am

Yeah I'm never going to make that 7 hours of sleep point. Baby P goes to bed between 11:30 & midnight at the earliest and wakes up around 5:30 most days and once I go back to work naps will be non-existent. I won't even have an actually lunch hour where I could nap anymore since that hour will be divided into 3 20 minute breaks so I can pump. I used to pretty much always get a full 8 hours of sleep a night. SIGH. Do I change the point to something I can actually accomplish so I don't feel like I'm failing or do I keep this as my ultimate goal? I don't know.

mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:29 am

JodieO wrote:I did a quick look for it last night and couldn't find it. I'm thinking it might have gone away in one of my book purges... :? I'll take a better look at the bookshelf tonight. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

Look what I found on my bookshelf

ETA: grrrrr, I've resized it like a bajillion times and it's still too big (TWSS). It's "14000 things to be happy about" and "The Book of Awesome"
Last edited by absolutelyvlc on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:31 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:I did a quick look for it last night and couldn't find it. I'm thinking it might have gone away in one of my book purges... :? I'll take a better look at the bookshelf tonight. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

HOLY CRAP! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You didn't happen to get it at Goodwill, did you? ;) I'll let you be the happy things lister and I'll just post funny gifs. How's that?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:14 pm

JodieO wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:

HOLY CRAP! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You didn't happen to get it at Goodwill, did you? ;) I'll let you be the happy things lister and I'll just post funny gifs. How's that?

Actually, an LTT friend of mine sent me the first one for my bday last year, and the other this year :)
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby SeattleLisa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 pm

mandaliz wrote:Yeah I'm never going to make that 7 hours of sleep point. Baby P goes to bed between 11:30 & midnight at the earliest and wakes up around 5:30 most days and once I go back to work naps will be non-existent. I won't even have an actually lunch hour where I could nap anymore since that hour will be divided into 3 20 minute breaks so I can pump. I used to pretty much always get a full 8 hours of sleep a night. SIGH. Do I change the point to something I can actually accomplish so I don't feel like I'm failing or do I keep this as my ultimate goal? I don't know.

Yes, change the point to something that is attainable. I'm sorry you're not getting enough sleep. That truly sucks. :(
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat