Go to footer

What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the malts

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: What'd you expect?Coffee,luncheons & malts?No,Not the ma

Postby Muffinmom » Fri May 02, 2014 1:45 pm

AMEN ITS FRIDAY!! I'm leaving tomorrow - double YEAH! Though I'm afraid it might feel weird to be away from Muffin & Muffindad.

Just got back from yoga. You guys can be proud of me - I did it despite not having had *anything * to eat this AM b/c of bloodwork for my physical this AM, I barely made it in time for the yoga class.

Of course, the drinking I plan to do this weekend will probably cancel the yoga... does bringing the yoga mat count?
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby BakingNath » Fri May 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Hello everyone..
I hope everyone is fine and enjoying the week end..
I am currently in vacation for 10 days.. Previous bachelor/ette party week end i was dreading has been great in the end, we had lots of fun !
I am now at my (not so nice) grandma, who manages to irritate everyone in less than 3 days.. We are leaving tomorrow for other grandparents house where i ll spend the week with baby niece, parents and sister/bil and brother/sil..
I am currently in need of opinion on peoples behavoir as i am trying to understand someone: this new coworker who is quite nice with everyone has recently told me stuff whose intention i did not manage to get : in 2 occasions (lunch and team dinner) he hinted that i was not eating much and that i should enjoy getting seconds. I am obviously on the fat side of body shape and in general people generally tiptoe around the topic of food , so i dont know if he was mean, clueless or just friendly.. What do you think ??
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby Muffinmom » Sat May 03, 2014 11:17 am

BakingNath wrote:Hello everyone..
I am currently in vacation for 10 days.. Previous bachelor/ette party week end i was dreading has been great in the end, we had lots of fun !
I am now at my (not so nice) grandma, who manages to irritate everyone in less than 3 days.. We are leaving tomorrow for other grandparents house where i ll spend the week with baby niece, parents and sister/bil and brother/sil..
I am currently in need of opinion on peoples behavoir as i am trying to understand someone: this new coworker who is quite nice with everyone has recently told me stuff whose intention i did not manage to get : in 2 occasions (lunch and team dinner) he hinted that i was not eating much and that i should enjoy getting seconds. I am obviously on the fat side of body shape and in general people generally tiptoe around the topic of food , so i dont know if he was mean, clueless or just friendly.. What do you think ??

Glad you had time at the party, hope you survive your one grandma and have fun at your other grandparent's house - baby niece should be fun!
Regarding your question - that co-worker sounds like they need to mind their own business. I'd deflect/ change the topic and ignore and hopefully he will stop. Whether or not you're chubby, how you eat is YOUR business not theirs. Period. I don't blame you for feeling uncomfortable!

Moi - finishing packing for my weekend away, see you next week!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue May 06, 2014 6:44 pm

BakingNath wrote:Hello everyone..

I think it all depends on their tone. it's hard to tell just from the written word. In the written word it could be taken anywhere from him being an ass to him being interested and flirting with you. Does he seem genuine when he says it, or sarcastic?

Since we're on the topic of work: we've had some new ppl start at work lately. Mostly they are all poorly vetted in my opinion. It's more than a little frustrating. A new girl started today, and I introduced myself and said nice to meet you as we were "standing around the water cooler" kind of thing. A few minutes later she asked me what I did at the company, and not ten seconds into my response she literally walked off to talk to someone else. I was just......I....... i don't even know. I stood there with my mouth hanging open - as I was forming a word to speak next. I didn't know if I should be insulted or confused, or what. I just kinda said to myself "well, I'm glad my response was so boring for you that you had to walk away in the middle of it. sorry my life sucks so bad".
And my day just kinda went downhill from there.
I might sound old saying this, but I miss ppl with an attention span longer than thirty seconds. :(
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Tue May 06, 2014 9:59 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:I think it all depends on their tone. it's hard to tell just from the written word. In the written word it could be taken anywhere from him being an ass to him being interested and flirting with you. Does he seem genuine when he says it, or sarcastic?

Since we're on the topic of work: we've had some new ppl start at work lately. Mostly they are all poorly vetted in my opinion. It's more than a little frustrating. A new girl started today, and I introduced myself and said nice to meet you as we were "standing around the water cooler" kind of thing. A few minutes later she asked me what I did at the company, and not ten seconds into my response she literally walked off to talk to someone else. I was just......I....... i don't even know. I stood there with my mouth hanging open - as I was forming a word to speak next. I didn't know if I should be insulted or confused, or what. I just kinda said to myself "well, I'm glad my response was so boring for you that you had to walk away in the middle of it. sorry my life sucks so bad".
And my day just kinda went downhill from there.
I might sound old saying this, but I miss ppl with an attention span longer than thirty seconds. :(

BN-maybe the coworker thought you were feeling self conscience about your weight/eating and he was just trying get you to relax. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was being kind because he doesn't see weight and just wants folks to enjoy themselves.

Abs, I had a co-worker quit today without giving her 2 weeks notice. I don't understand how people can screw their boss and coworkers (ME!) like that!!! I just wish people had better work ethics AND LONGER attentions spans.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Wed May 07, 2014 9:34 am

Ouch - sorry to hear so many bad co-worker stories! The one guy we've got here is weird, not bad (he's a sweet guy , just has absolutely NO verbal filters whatsoever).

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE - has anyone ever tried the Master Cleanse diet? Last weekend my friend was talking about how she did it, felt great, lost 10 pounds and was trying to talk me into doing it. Not sure if I'd survive 10 days with only cayenne lemonade for sustenance. And I hate cayenne!

I'd love to do some kind of detox type diet but nothing quite as drastic. Maybe I should just do an 'elimination' diet for a while, like I did when I worked with a holistic nutritionist. Food for thought...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Wed May 07, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm doing a cleanse right now. It's involuntary, but I'm sure I'll be quite cleansed when it's over. I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm home sick again today and probably will be again tomorrow. Sometimes I think I'm getting better but then things happen and I'm not. It's really annoying.

I miss food.

But I did go in to work to pick up my laptop and paperwork. I was just going to bring home the stuff that absolutely had to be done, but then co-worker was all 'can you do this and email me the info? THANKS!'. Sure, that's what I'd love to do.

So how is everyone else? Why aren't you entertaining me? Are you all falling down and breaking yourselves?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Wed May 07, 2014 11:27 pm

i am epically bad at painting my toenails.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 am

amynkansas wrote:i am epically bad at painting my toenails.

Um, I hope you can AT LEAST figure out which parts are the toenails and which parts are not... right?? That picture does not inspire confidence...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue May 13, 2014 7:55 am

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Tue May 13, 2014 9:12 am

absolutelyvlc wrote:is this weird or worth a try?

https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/face-tapping ... 39455.html

I've actually tried tapping -also called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) - it was helpful when I was getting in my head with stuff. I'd say it probably would help with weight loss if you tend to eat due to mental stress. Plenty of info on EFT in the web if you're curious about it.
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue May 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Muffinmom wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:is this weird or worth a try?

https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/face-tapping ... 39455.html

I've actually tried tapping -also called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) - it was helpful when I was getting in my head with stuff. I'd say it probably would help with weight loss if you tend to eat due to mental stress. Plenty of info on EFT in the web if you're curious about it.

Not really. Just thought I'd share here
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Wed May 14, 2014 9:03 pm

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby Muffinmom » Thu May 15, 2014 10:36 am

amynkansas wrote:

Amy dear, are you bored? Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Muffinmom » Thu May 15, 2014 10:45 am

WARNING – RANT AHEAD: Image

Yesterday I went to the drs to review my bloodwork results, and I arrived home laden with vegetables to grill and start eating healthy. So DH sees me and when I tell him, you know what he did?
HE LAUGHED. Yep. He did.
Then he proceeded to apologize since he could clearly see how PISSED OFF I was. And explained that its just he hears me say this every other month.

He says he understands struggling with weight loss because he’s been there. Bullshit. Yes he lost 50 lbs but when he dieted and worked out, he lost the weight. I diet and exercise and nothing happens. The dr wants to test my cortisol (which I agree with), and says I have the beginnings of Hashimoto’s. Both issues could easily explain WHY I’m struggling so much with weight loss. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WILL POWER, DAMMIT!

I still grilled my veggies and had a fab dinner. Image

OK I feel a bit better now. But I’m still mad.Image
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Thu May 15, 2014 7:09 pm

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri May 16, 2014 7:12 pm

amynkansas wrote:

hahaha. This made me laugh.

It's FRIDAY!!!!
Ecstatic, party of 1 please! Know why? Cuz it's a long weekend here.
WOOOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOT!!!

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Fri May 16, 2014 11:24 pm

I just finished a LONG day after a LONG week. But now I have the next 5 days off!!! 2 of those days will be spent with Alex/Vickie!!! (which reminds me that I need to touch up my roots...I want my roots to be impressive)

I shot 9 babies today. And 8 of them had no desire to get their photos taken. Hence, the very long day.

G'night mates
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sat May 17, 2014 8:26 am

amynkansas wrote:I shot 9 babies today.
:o :shock: :o :shock:
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby BakingNath » Sun May 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Hii,
How s everyone.. Jodie i hope the kitties are still settling well
I hope everyone is well in these springy (is it the word ?) days... here the week end has been warm and sunny, so in a word, great !
Thanks for the advices about coworker... he is not mean, even the contrary, always nice and interested in others .. so i settled on him being genuine and concerned (and flirty ?.. noo.. he wouldn t..)
I have been back home since last week after my vacations with the family . Baby niece is so funny, giggly.. the best :) ... nooooo i am not a proud "tata" (french for aunty.. not what you thought ! ;) )... at all .. (i wish i could share pics with you but her parents don t want her pic on the internet)
Last week back at work was a bit difficult, but i enjoyed the week end doing nothing (and shopping, and sorting things, and doing laundry, and cleaning stuff... i still have ironing to do.... my parents will visit in a few weeks, i ve been good at anticipating panic cleaning... for the moment)

Have you seen recent pics of Rob in Cannes ?.. even if my fondness for him has reduced, he still looks goood..
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby amynkansas » Sun May 18, 2014 11:00 pm

i am all packed for my visit to see Alex/Vickie. I will be visiting with her in less than 24 hours!! I need to print my train tickets before I go to bed.

The weather here is also wonderful. Sunny and cool to warm. Just the right temp. Everything is green and beautiful. I think it will get into the 80's later this week which means we might have to turn on the A/C.

amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby BakingNath » Tue May 20, 2014 4:07 pm

amynkansas wrote:i am all packed for my visit to see Alex/Vickie. I will be visiting with her in less than 24 hours!! I need to print my train tickets before I go to bed.

How was it ??? i bet you both had lots of fun !!
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 pm

C'est Vendredi!!!
Ce qui me rend heureux :)
Ce, et la musique génial.
Profitez la tunes, Mesdames!
Et votre weekend :D

absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby absolutelyvlc » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Soooooo, anybody up for heading a new Challenge? My clothes are getting tight.
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:16 am

I'm in!!
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat