Go to footer

Everything's Coming up Roses

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Everything's Coming up Roses

Postby JodieO » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:13 pm

It's been a ghost town around here, eh? That last thread has been up for ages as well and since I can actually see bits of ground under the receding snow I'm beginning to finally feel like spring is coming. YAY! It's been a fucked up, no good, very bad, horrible winter and I am damn glad it's coming to an end. But spring is all about new beginnings, right?

So although I will never stop missing them I'm glad to be rid of the winter I lost both my babies, and I'm looking forward to the spring with the two new babies. Gal Fawkes is exactly who I needed to make me actually look forward to coming home again. She's sweet and cuddly and hilarious. In another month or so I'm going to get my first ever KITTEN. I'm going to have an ACTUAL baby! I've been emailing back and forth with my vet to schedule a time to meet the kittens and stake my claim to one of them. It's very scary, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also (very slowly) getting rid of a lot of clutter in my house and redecorating. If you saw my house you would know what a daunting plan this is, but I've already taken a good three carloads to goodwill and there's still more to get rid of. I'm repainting the living room, painting the kitchen cabinets, and I'd like to make the trash room into my bedroom and make the bedroom into a craft/dressing room. It's a new beginning and hopefully I'll be able to follow through on all my big plans!

What about all of you? Any plans to shake off this horrible winter and start anew?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Re: Everything's Coming up Roses

Postby amynkansas » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 pm

that whole purging, organizing and painting thing sounds good. But not this week. This week I just want to eat and sleep.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:38 pm

amynkansas wrote:that whole purging, organizing and painting thing sounds good. But not this week. This week I just want to eat and sleep.

Those are good suggestions, too! I haven't done much cleaning or purging this week at all.

But I do need to buckle down and start. I have to kitten proof my house!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:52 am

I have a strong desire to clean, purge, & organize, especially since I'd like to feel like I have at least SOMETHING in my life under control but, alas, I cannot seem to find the time. My schedule has been insanely busy lately between the normal busy of full time job & new baby plus having physical therapy 3x a week after work, staff meetings, my church group(s), trying to get grad school set up to resume taking classes, etc. I end up spending whatever is left of my time having some quality time with the bambina & trying to work on my strained relationship with Mr M. Even just that is difficult with how drained I am having to deal with such an absolutely horrid work situation where I am being bullying but a giant bitch and management that doesn't like confrontation so won't deal with it properly. The thought of having to go to work each day has such a negative physical reaction on me. This morning I threw up from the stress of having to face the workday so I decided I can't take this shit anymore, said fuck it, called in sick, and I'll be working on my resume and job applications today. I don't deserve to be this miserable.

Sorry that was such a negative post so here, have a cat in a flower hat!
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Gianna » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:39 am

Has my membership been revoked? Does anyone ever remember me here? If they do...

HI!!!!!!!!!

Here's what's going on with me: works owns me. Spring is here one day, then gone the next. I'm getting whiplash from the seasonal indecision. I have been on a downward spiral of total crap eating that has got to STOP. I bought some new shows recently and I'm currently sporting black nail polish.

NEW KITTY!!!!!! Jodie, that will be so much fun!! I haven't had an actual kitten in forever.

I miss you guys like, woah. :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:40 am

Um...I totally forgot what my avi/signature looks like and I'm a little dazzled right now. :shock: :shock:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Gianna » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:24 am

mandaliz wrote:I have a strong desire to clean, purge, & organize, especially since I'd like to feel like I have at least SOMETHING in my life under control but, alas, I cannot seem to find the time. My schedule has been insanely busy lately between the normal busy of full time job & new baby plus having physical therapy 3x a week after work, staff meetings, my church group(s), trying to get grad school set up to resume taking classes, etc. I end up spending whatever is left of my time having some quality time with the bambina & trying to work on my strained relationship with Mr M. Even just that is difficult with how drained I am having to deal with such an absolutely horrid work situation where I am being bullying but a giant bitch and management that doesn't like confrontation so won't deal with it properly. The thought of having to go to work each day has such a negative physical reaction on me. This morning I threw up from the stress of having to face the workday so I decided I can't take this shit anymore, said fuck it, called in sick, and I'll be working on my resume and job applications today. I don't deserve to be this miserable.

Sorry that was such a negative post so here, have a cat in a flower hat!

Ugh Manda...I feel for you. I've been in a total shit work situation before and it impacts every single part of your life; not even counting everything else you have going on right now. Hang in there girlie.
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:17 am

Yeah, decluttering is still on my agenda… slowly though since we’ve got a bz schedule plus I have a bz trip next week to Mexico. TravelRob is coming along of course!

Gianna - please feel free to double post in a row, the visual repeat of your signature is stunning!! Sigh…

Manda – best of luck with the job hunting!! You certainly do NOT deserve the bullying or having it ignored! Though I hope you’re keeping some sort of diary of the bullying just as evidence in case anything was needed… ? How’s bambina doing? Do we need to go flog Mr M to make sure he behaves?

JodieO – glad you’re seeing some ground – FINALLY!! Here’s hoping spring springs quickly by you! Thx for starting the new thread!

Moi – still having car troubles with Muffindad’s car. It sprung a leak on the windshield over the weekend, which messed up the transmission computer (conveniently located on the floor of the car) so now we’re waiting on it get fixed. For a while I thought the car was a goner (since its 14 yrs old) and I’d have to buy a new car (FOR ME, he’d get my old one!), but thankfully it appears fixable.
Been working out a lot lately while trying to stay gluten free (makes a huge difference in my appetite when I do).
And I’m almost finished with my Treasure Map – last night I finished picking out my cut-outs but didn’t have time to glue them on the posterboard.

Amy- once again, you’re my hero!!! You might get a kick out of this – I tend to read at least 2-3 completed & loads of WIP FF stories at a time (must have some ADHD traits in me??) and noticed the level of writing on Outlander was SOOOOO much better than for this one fic I read right after listening to some of the audiobook. Like NIGHT & DAY difference!

Off to go slay some paperwork… after I do some quick decorating here ;)
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby mandaliz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 am

Uuuuuuugh. My resume is MIA and the local librarian jobs I was planning to apply for are no longer posted. Sadz.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby Alexandra » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 am

mandaliz wrote:Uuuuuuugh. My resume is MIA and the local librarian jobs I was planning to apply for are no longer posted. Sadz.

Hang in there Manda! You don't deserve to be bullied. I know you'll find the right job for you. . .just hang in there. Your little one is beautiful! And although it can be overwhelming dealing with a (shitty) full-time job, a new baby who may or may not decide to sleep when you'd like her to, and a husband who's also getting used to having a new baby, just know that it will get better and easier (at least the baby part). You can always vent here or shoot me an email.

We love you!
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 am

mandaliz wrote:Uuuuuuugh. My resume is MIA and the local librarian jobs I was planning to apply for are no longer posted. Sadz.

Nothing for the resume? Hmmm... perhaps you can use this as an opportunity to reinvent your career - ie perhaps there's OTHER opportunities you might be qualified for that you never considered?? I'm just looking outside the box for ya - there are skills you've developed in this and previous jobs that I'm sure are transferable to other jobs/ industries/ areas ??? I'd strongly recommend finding someone you can bounce ideas off with. Heck, I'd be happy to take a half hr and help you brainstorm ;) I've done it with other friends before. Hang in there! Image
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Alexandra » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 am

Gianna wrote:Um...I totally forgot what my avi/signature looks like and I'm a little dazzled right now. :shock: :shock:

Your avi dazzles me every single time I see it. :shock: :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby mandaliz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:42 pm

I am late to the party on this but I have gotten addicted to Veronica Mars. Binge binge binge watch when I can.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby JodieO » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:11 pm

If you'd like I'll send you my resume to redo for practice... ;)
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby mandaliz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:44 am

JodieO wrote:

If you'd like I'll send you my resume to redo for practice... ;)

You're such a generous friend
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:48 am

Muffinmom wrote:

Nothing for the resume? Hmmm... perhaps you can use this as an opportunity to reinvent your career - ie perhaps there's OTHER opportunities you might be qualified for that you never considered?? I'm just looking outside the box for ya - there are skills you've developed in this and previous jobs that I'm sure are transferable to other jobs/ industries/ areas ??? I'd strongly recommend finding someone you can bounce ideas off with. Heck, I'd be happy to take a half hr and help you brainstorm ;) I've done it with other friends before. Hang in there! Image

I have a ton of job & educational experience, I just can't find where my resume is so I can update it. It was supposed to be on the external hard drive with the stuff we rescued from my old computer but I guess that wasn't one of the things we were able to salvage. Now I'm trying to recreate one from scratch from memory & my memory is SHOT. Luckily my husband reminded me that I've applied for a state job before & their website retains all my info so I should be able to pull but my saved application & retrieve the dates & such from there. Thank you for you're offer to look over it/bounce ideas off of! I'll let you know if I need that after I put this resume together.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby mandaliz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:52 am

Dear Lord, please let today be easy & quick. I don't know how long I can continue to bear to go to this job but I can't just quit. Stupid being a grown up, needing to pay bills & maintain health insurance for the baby. Please please please send good vibes or prayers my way for something to change soon. Something has got to give soon before I completely lose it.
mandaliz
Alice's stuntcar driver

Postby lori_seals » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:16 am

mandaliz wrote:Dear Lord, please let today be easy & quick. I don't know how long I can continue to bear to go to this job but I can't just quit. Stupid being a grown up, needing to pay bills & maintain health insurance for the baby. Please please please send good vibes or prayers my way for something to change soon. Something has got to give soon before I completely lose it.

:( I'm so sorry that things are this bad, Manda.

FYI, most of the time you can get unemployment upon quitting a job if it's physically/mentally unhealthy. I know that doesn't help w the health insurance though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:04 am

mandaliz wrote:Dear Lord, please let today be easy & quick. I don't know how long I can continue to bear to go to this job but I can't just quit. Stupid being a grown up, needing to pay bills & maintain health insurance for the baby. Please please please send good vibes or prayers my way for something to change soon. Something has got to give soon before I completely lose it.

After I lost everything on my hard drive a few months ago I back up EVERYTHING and I have emailed my resume to myself so that it will be saved no matter what. I email a ton of shit to myself. It's like free cloud storage.

Hope your day flies by and that a library job opens up for YOU soon.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:10 am

Muffinmom wrote:Moi – still having car troubles with Muffindad’s car. It sprung a leak on the windshield over the weekend, which messed up the transmission computer (conveniently located on the floor of the car) so now we’re waiting on it get fixed.

A teeny tiny crack in my windshield became HUGE after I turned on the defrost on a very cold day. But luckily it cracked along the perimeter and not THROUGH the middle so even though it spans the length it does not block my field of vision. But the crack gets a little bit bigger each year. I am going on my 3th year with the crack . My car is about to make it to 100,000 mike mark. I just hope it hangs around a few more years.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby lori_seals » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:17 am

amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:Moi – still having car troubles with Muffindad’s car. It sprung a leak on the windshield over the weekend, which messed up the transmission computer (conveniently located on the floor of the car) so now we’re waiting on it get fixed.

A teeny tiny crack in my windshield became HUGE after I turned on the defrost on a very cold day. But luckily it cracked along the perimeter and not THROUGH the middle so even though it spans the length it does not block my field of vision. But the crack gets a little bit bigger each year. I am going on my 3th year with the crack . My car is about to make it to 100,000 mike mark. I just hope it hangs around a few more years.

100,000 is nothing these days!! Mine has 140,000 on it right now. That sucker better last another 100k
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby mkladyjmm » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Hah! My 1995 Toyota Camry has 194,000 and is still going strong. I attribute my car's longevity to my CULLEN vanity plate and my "Be Safe" and "My other car is a shiny silver Volvo" bumper stickers.

Sorry to hear about the douchebag fucktards at your work, Manda. Hope you can get gone ASAP.

Winter here in mid-Michigan has sucked the balls of a goat. Horrid, horrid! Snow is now gone, and I can't wait for it to warm up just a bit more.

I've been on a drastic diet: Optifast. I'm doing 12 weeks of Optifast and 12 weeks of gradually going back to regular food. I am in week 8 of Optifast and I'm down 40 pounds. Optifast is a medically-monitored program and I see a physician weekly and have blood work every 2-3 weeks. I'm tracking my progress on myfitnesspal.com. The most amazing thing about this is I am exercising. Yes, me! Exercising! I'm walking at the mall on the weekends, and using Walk Away the Pounds DVD during the week. I started around Valentine's Day and was able to walk about 5 minutes at a time. Now I am up to 40 minutes of walking at a time and my goal is to get up to 50 minutes. I feel so much better and am satisfied with my success.
------
Joyce
mkladyjmm
Fake Lesbian

Postby amynkansas » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:31 pm

mkladyjmm wrote:Hah! My 1995 Toyota Camry has 194,000 and is still going strong. I attribute my car's longevity to my CULLEN vanity plate and my "Be Safe" and "My other car is a shiny silver Volvo" bumper stickers.

Sorry to hear about the douchebag fucktards at your work, Manda. Hope you can get gone ASAP.

Winter here in mid-Michigan has sucked the balls of a goat. Horrid, horrid! Snow is now gone, and I can't wait for it to warm up just a bit more.

I've been on a drastic diet: Optifast. I'm doing 12 weeks of Optifast and 12 weeks of gradually going back to regular food. I am in week 8 of Optifast and I'm down 40 pounds. Optifast is a medically-monitored program and I see a physician weekly and have blood work every 2-3 weeks. I'm tracking my progress on myfitnesspal.com. The most amazing thing about this is I am exercising. Yes, me! Exercising! I'm walking at the mall on the weekends, and using Walk Away the Pounds DVD during the week. I started around Valentine's Day and was able to walk about 5 minutes at a time. Now I am up to 40 minutes of walking at a time and my goal is to get up to 50 minutes. I feel so much better and am satisfied with my success.

GO JOYCE GO!!!!! You rock!!!!! I'm glad you are doing this safely and exercising too!!!!! Keep us updated.
Nice to see you in these parts!!
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Amy, did you see this link R4L posted on Twitter? http://365days2simplicity.blogspot.com/ ... hades.html

You could probably do that and paint your current curtains and the stiffness probably wouldn't matter. But if they are red you'd probably still have to paint them darker. Or if you wanted do do something like a purple or an orange, add a glaze of the mixer color. She said it cost less than $40 for her to make 3 of them.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Gianna » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Sunday afternoon. The house is cleaned, the groceries have been purchased, the laundry has been done. TIME TO GET LAZY!!!!

My excitement for the weekend - we booked our trip to Europe yesterday! This time it is Belgium and Germany. Now just have to surive until September. :D

My cat got her annual lion cut last week and she looks ridiculously adorable. I got my hair cut and colored, but wish I could say the same. :| :lol:
Gianna
Runs with Vampires

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat