Go to footer

Everything's Coming up Roses

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Everything's Coming up Roses

Postby amynkansas » Thu May 29, 2014 11:21 pm

so i might be going back to germany in the fall. it's not for certain yet, but my DH's boss asked him to start gathering a client list for another trip and to get information for the trip. We decided that if we did go we would take an extra week and travel somewhere? Although we wanted to go back to the UK because we just didn't get enough time there before, I am also entertaining the idea of Italy. For those of you that have traveled abroad, please tell me about your experiences. I know I'm leaving out about 100 countries because I know NOTHING about gerography (insert sam cooke song here)

I didn't care for Paris because it was hard to navigate and it was NOT an english speaking region (ignorant american alert) and that was very intimidating.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up (too late!!) and i will need to lose 20+ pounds to enjoy it more so i will need your help with that too.

And has anyone heard from Andreea from Austria in the past year? I wonder how she's doing...

Jodie- I love all the kitty pics on twitter.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby lori_seals » Fri May 30, 2014 8:14 am

guitargirl wrote:Fucking finally!!!!!!I thought you had all well and truly locked me out as the flat is resisting ALL my efforts to get in 8-)

I have some very exciting news to share. Guitarboy and his band have been scouted and chosen to play at a local music festival as one of 4 new acts, and a local magazine are running a page feature on them. I am so excited and proud for them as all of their gigs to date have been for charity. There will also be a number of famous (and none famous acts over the weekend) but they are by far the youngest. :o :D

Guess who's bursting with pride? *points to self*

Lovely to see BB back here. It looks like I'm not the only one having problems posting. :?

GG, this is amazing news!! (I know it's old news by now but I've been busy, dammit! :D)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:28 am

Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Alexandra » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:10 pm

amynkansas wrote:so i might be going back to germany in the fall. it's not for certain yet, but my DH's boss asked him to start gathering a client list for another trip and to get information for the trip. We decided that if we did go we would take an extra week and travel somewhere? Although we wanted to go back to the UK because we just didn't get enough time there before, I am also entertaining the idea of Italy. For those of you that have traveled abroad, please tell me about your experiences. I know I'm leaving out about 100 countries because I know NOTHING about gerography (insert sam cooke song here)

I didn't care for Paris because it was hard to navigate and it was NOT an english speaking region (ignorant american alert) and that was very intimidating.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up (too late!!) and i will need to lose 20+ pounds to enjoy it more so i will need your help with that too.

And has anyone heard from Andreea from Austria in the past year? I wonder how she's doing...

I love Italy! Mr. A and I bounced around for a week or so from Rome to Florence to Venice on the train. It was very easy to navigate. We flew into Rome and then took the train to Florence and Venice. Then we took the train from Venice to Milan and flew home out of Milan. Although we originally planned to spend a day in Milan before we flew out, I didn't want to leave Venice (well, ever) so we stayed as long as we could and took the late train to Milan. I also had a one week work trip to Rome years later. There are tons of amazing things to see in Italy. I loved all of it, but I'd still be in Venice if I could've figured a way to finance running away there. ;)

What about Scotland? Id you decided to go back to the UK, you could spend some quality time in Scotland - after you visited GG and Elsie, of course!

I'm excited for you and I'm not even going on the trip. :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby dancing_echoes » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:14 am

amynkansas wrote:so i might be going back to germany in the fall. it's not for certain yet, but my DH's boss asked him to start gathering a client list for another trip and to get information for the trip. We decided that if we did go we would take an extra week and travel somewhere? Although we wanted to go back to the UK because we just didn't get enough time there before, I am also entertaining the idea of Italy. For those of you that have traveled abroad, please tell me about your experiences. I know I'm leaving out about 100 countries because I know NOTHING about gerography (insert sam cooke song here)

I vote for the area around Marbella, Spain! It's gorgeous, has mountains and beaches and it's very easy to drive around. There's lots of history, yummy food, and cheap wine! A lot of people speak English in that region also.
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby BakingNath » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:59 pm

There s Spain, or Belgium, or Denmark, Sweden, Prague... so much places to visit :) ...
I m sorry your experience in Paris was not that great :(
If you go back yo UK let me know.. i have started thinking going back to London for a few days in autumn.. i can adapt that plan so we could try to meet with Elsie & GG...

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ...
but are felt in the heart.
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby BakingNath » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Hii..

Congrats GG for guitar boy, and Jodie I hope the kitties are keeping up the progress with getting friendly together

I am proud to tell you that i have reached my 10kgs weight loss first objective... i am so happy, but i need to stay vigilant and keep up with the "rules" and the good progress.. the upcoming week ends will be challenging as next we i go in the south west to my cousins baby girl baptism and 2 weeks later is my brothers wedding.. but after that it will be more quiet.. i even havent planned my summer vacations.. so it will be back to routine..

These days in my city and the area around, all preprations are in full swing for the 70th birthday of D-day on friday.. i live 20mn drive away from Ouistreham beach were all presidents/queen/officials will celebrate...since several weeks military have taken residence between the city and the coast and since yesterday lots of military aircrafts are flying the air space for observation mission.. and on friday it will be a bit "difficult" for all the residents of the area as lots of roads will be shut down and access to the coast is limited.. There will be not much people present at work as some live in limited areas and will stay at home..
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby lori_seals » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Please tell me someone else saw the rumor that Rob is being considered for the next Indiana Jones. :?
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby BakingNath » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:39 pm

lori_seals wrote:Please tell me someone else saw the rumor that Rob is being considered for the next Indiana Jones. :?

I saw it.. even here in France (but they "only" copy the "news" from us "magasines so i guess it is the same source)
BakingNath
Not a Bear

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:45 pm

lori_seals wrote:Please tell me someone else saw the rumor that Rob is being considered for the next Indiana Jones. :?

I saw it too, along with the rumor that he might be considered as a future James Bond. And for other roles too. Based on what his recent film choices have been and what he's said, I doubt he'd be doing any of those roles, but its nice to see that there's a buzz about him and appreciation for his talent. :)
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Muffinmom wrote:

I saw it too, along with the rumor that he might be considered as a future James Bond. And for other roles too. Based on what his recent film choices have been and what he's said, I doubt he'd be doing any of those roles, but its nice to see that there's a buzz about him and appreciation for his talent. :)

I haven't heard that one. (No one but Harrison should be Indiana Jones. No one.) I'm not sure he could pull off being 007. First off I think he needs to be older and I don't see him being an action hero. But who knows. I would really like him to surprise us all and find the right movie and just blow people away. I think we all know he's a good guy but I would like to know he can act as well as look pretty. I saw that Hoopla (free tv, audiobooks and movies from the library on your phone) had Cosmopolis. I tried to watch it again. I just couldn't get through even 4 minutes of it. Not his acting but the dialog and characters were just not engaging.

but I did hear that his cover of The Hollywood Reporter issue sold out on-line within hours (which hasn't happened with that magazine)
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby lori_seals » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:45 am

amynkansas wrote: I would really like him to surprise us all and find the right movie and just blow people away. I think we all know he's a good guy but I would like to know he can act as well as look pretty.

THIS!
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby JodieO » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:27 pm

lori_seals wrote:
amynkansas wrote: I would really like him to surprise us all and find the right movie and just blow people away. I think we all know he's a good guy but I would like to know he can act as well as look pretty.

THIS!

If I were to see him in a role where he actually appeared to have some acting chops and wasn't just Keanu'ing his way through his career I might get my mojo back. Might.

Funnily enough, I still love Keanu, though.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:35 am

amynkansas wrote: I don't see him being an action hero. But who knows.

amynkansas wrote:I saw that Hoopla (free tv, audiobooks and movies from the library on your phone) had Cosmopolis. I tried to watch it again. I just couldn't get through even 4 minutes of it. Not his acting but the dialog and characters were just not engaging.

I think that has more to do with the base material than his acting ability. Reading - and finishing- Cosmopolis is listed as a crowning "achievement" in the diary of my life. Just sayin'. driest.book.ever.

JodieO wrote:f I were to see him in a role where he actually appeared to have some acting chops and wasn't just Keanu'ing his way through his career I might get my mojo back. Might.

sad Keanu :( :( :( :(
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:47 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:f I were to see him in a role where he actually appeared to have some acting chops and wasn't just Keanu'ing his way through his career I might get my mojo back. Might.

sad Keanu :( :( :( :(

Hey, I still wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:16 pm

I concur!!

dude.
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:04 pm

It's been a week since anyone has posted in the Flat? And there have been new Rob pictures out? Oh, this is a sadness.

So I finally emailed my sister. She apologized for what she'd said, but also made sure to distinguish between people and pets. Sigh. She also went on to complain about the way I 'snub' her baby. No matter how many times I tell her I have a phobia she insists that I particularly dislike her baby. Whenever a baby gets too close I get up and move because it seems like a better decision to remove myself from the situation than to have a panic attack. But I'm just being disdainful towards her baby.

Ugh.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:21 pm

If anyone is looking for a new audio book I've been enjoying this one lately: http://www.audible.com/search/ref=a_mn_ ... fix=hamlet I'm not even paying that much attention to the story, I'm just listening to the voice.

My job sucks and I hate it. I really need a new one. Or a sugar daddy. I haven't given up hope.

The kitties are doing well. The girls have occasional bouts of friendliness and everyone loves the kitten even if he does have a tendency to be a dickhead. I think he needs a new name, though. He won't respond to Nox, but he does respond to Little Man, but I can't call him that when he's bigger. And he's going to be big. He's all legs now. He looks like a Dali painting. He had to go to the vet for vaccinations and they remarked on how big he's gotten, but he has gained barely any weight so I'm paranoid he's not eating enough. He's lost all his kitten roundness. He's the only one who will hang out on the couch with me, though, so he's my buddy. Even if he does keep trying to chomp my fingers off.

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:12 pm

JodieO wrote:If anyone is looking for a new audio book I've been enjoying this one lately: http://www.audible.com/search/ref=a_mn_ ... fix=hamlet I'm not even paying that much attention to the story, I'm just listening to the voice.

My job sucks and I hate it. I really need a new one. Or a sugar daddy. I haven't given up hope.

The kitties are doing well. The girls have occasional bouts of friendliness and everyone loves the kitten even if he does have a tendency to be a dickhead. I think he needs a new name, though. He won't respond to Nox, but he does respond to Little Man, but I can't call him that when he's bigger. And he's going to be big. He's all legs now. He looks like a Dali painting. He had to go to the vet for vaccinations and they remarked on how big he's gotten, but he has gained barely any weight so I'm paranoid he's not eating enough. He's lost all his kitten roundness. He's the only one who will hang out on the couch with me, though, so he's my buddy. Even if he does keep trying to chomp my fingers off.

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I wanna snuggle him :( so cute.

Why don't you call him Buddy?
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:32 pm

JodieO wrote:
The kitties are doing well. The girls have occasional bouts of friendliness and everyone loves the kitten even if he does have a tendency to be a dickhead. I think he needs a new name, though. He won't respond to Nox, but he does respond to Little Man, but I can't call him that when he's bigger. And he's going to be big.

How about Manny once he grows out of Little Man.
amynkansas
Provider of Plaid

Postby JodieO » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:45 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:
The kitties are doing well. The girls have occasional bouts of friendliness and everyone loves the kitten even if he does have a tendency to be a dickhead. I think he needs a new name, though. He won't respond to Nox, but he does respond to Little Man, but I can't call him that when he's bigger. And he's going to be big.

Unfortunately Buddy and Manny have memories of other people attached to them. Some not so good. I'm trying out Gisborne since I'd unofficially made his full name Count Nox of Gisborne, but that's a big name for a squeaky little kitten. I feel like I'm in that episode of Frasier where Niles and Daphne are trying to figure out a fake name for their potential baby.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:29 am

JodieO wrote:
amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:

Unfortunately Buddy and Manny have memories of other people attached to them. Some not so good. I'm trying out Gisborne since I'd unofficially made his full name Count Nox of Gisborne, but that's a big name for a squeaky little kitten. I feel like I'm in that episode of Frasier where Niles and Daphne are trying to figure out a fake name for their potential baby.

I'd use Giz or Gizzy myself, b/c if you're yelling Gisborne all of the time you might just turn into the Sheriff. when you start referring to the girls as Lepers, that's when you know it's begun :P

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:33 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
JodieO wrote:If anyone is looking for a new audio book I've been enjoying this one lately: http://www.audible.com/search/ref=a_mn_ ... fix=hamlet I'm not even paying that much attention to the story, I'm just listening to the voice.

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I wanna snuggle him :( so cute.

Why don't you call him Buddy?

He's a beauty. He looks like a Hendrix to me. I'm sorry your job sucks :(
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby guitargirl » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:51 pm

[quote="JodieO"]It's been a week since anyone has posted in the Flat? And there have been new Rob pictures out? Oh, this is a sadness.

Yeah it is. :( I'm really mourning my complete lack of mojo and I have a confession..... My crush has completely and utterly gone.
I haven't watched a single interview, I no longer peek at Robsessed, wont watch ALL of his films (though I AM interested in the Rover and will go and see it) and I haven't even been bothered to check out his latest photos. The only ones I've seen are the ones that are posted on Twitter with him wearing a horrible brown suit that makes him look half dead. :? The snippet of an interview I saw tweeted sounded like he was TRYING to lose his accent, and I read that he now listens mainly to hip hop like a million other Mr Average around the Globe. I guess I liked him because he was quirky and different. And now he just isn't.

Yes he is still pretty, but that's not enough.

I miss our funny nights of hilarity here, and racing to my laptop when I've been away to see what you have all been up to. Sometimes I'd be checking pages and pages of posts so that I didn't miss anything. :(

Jeesh I'm in an odd mood today. Glad to get that off my chest. Hugs y'all. :lol:
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby dancing_echoes » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:52 pm

So, both Bobby and Sam are crowdfunding albums. Guessing the Twilight soundtrack royalties have run dry? :roll:
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat