Go to footer

Everything's Coming up Roses

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: Everything's Coming up Roses

Postby JodieO » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Can't help with the painting, sorry!!! And the desk move - does that mean its to an area that has LESS draft? Dare I hope?

Come oooooon. There's just the area under the stairs to paint now! My dad finally blocked up the mouse hole so it's all ready to go! You can even do it while I'm away this weekend!

How was everyone's Easters and weekends? Mine was pretty good. The Irresponsibles came over with my ex-BIL who we still like and I ate myself stupid. The Irresponsibles are pregnant again and I can't help but roll my eyes, but whatever. It's their lives. You'd also think two people with weird names would know not to name their kid ATHENA, but again... whatever.

In the meantime Fawkes (the new kitty) got some kind of wound on the pads of one of her feet, so her foot has been all swollen and she's been chewing on it. My sister kept insisting there was a needle or a pin embedded in it and although I KNOW I don't have either a needle or a pin small enough to disappear completely I got pretty paranoid about it. Took her to the vet today and had to help hold her down while he tried to shave down between her toes to get a better look at it, so that was fun. The good news is he said that there's no open wound and he gave me some powdered meds to sprinkle on it to help numb and heal it. So fingers crossed the swelling will go down soon!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:08 pm

since FaceBook is being a bitch & won't let me post pics, I'm posting these here :)

this one does things to me *fans self*

Richard's movie son ain't too shabby either ;)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:39 pm

kelbel75 wrote:since FaceBook is being a bitch & won't let me post pics, I'm posting these here :)

this one does things to me *fans self*

Richard's movie son ain't too shabby either ;)

Those are some nice jeans. Really nice jeans. And you can't even see the creepy uncle hair!

I still don't like that skinny tie, though.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:15 am

how old is RA? I agree that the jeans are just lovely. well done Richard.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:34 am

amynkansas wrote:how old is RA? I agree that the jeans are just lovely. well done Richard.

he's 42. that's 3 years older than me :D
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Sure Kel, rub it in that you're not a cougar like the rest of us :D

In the meantime I'll go back to enjoying this pic:
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Muffinmom wrote:Sure Kel, rub it in that you're not a cougar like the rest of us :D

In the meantime I'll go back to enjoying this pic:

I'll join you. (drool)
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby JodieO » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:40 pm

amynkansas wrote:how old is RA? I agree that the jeans are just lovely. well done Richard.

He was a senior when I was a freshman.

Kel, is this a manip? I'm not sure that I really care...
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:40 am

JodieO wrote:He was a senior when I was a freshman.

nope, it's real :D (and we would have been in 8th grade when he was a senior, depending on our school's cut off dates ;) )
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:47 am

I've been stalking my 14 year old son's FaceBook Friends list. so far there is only one real concern: the gangsta white boy who can only talk in text speak and constantly praises Weed :? on the plus side, my son has a gay friend! I don't know why that makes me happy, but it really does :)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 am

Kel - I think its cool that he's open to being friend with all kinds of people, though that weed guy would concern me too... I assume you've had the drugs talk with him, right?

Saw this and hadda share - ok, I just thought we needed decorating here...
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby JodieO » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:22 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
JodieO wrote:He was a senior when I was a freshman.

nope, it's real :D (and we would have been in 8th grade when he was a senior, depending on our school's cut off dates ;) )

HOLY HELL. Why have I never seen it before?? Is it available without a watermark?!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:33 pm

I have several $20 off ($20 or more) gift cards from shutterfly that expire April 30th, 2014. email or pm or dm me and I will send you a code.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby absolutelyvlc » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Anybody else as glad as I am that it's Friday?

And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby amynkansas » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:32 am

how was everyone's weekend. I had my first week at 2 new hospitals. It kinda sucked but hoping that getting in the groove and getting to know the nurses will help things out this week. They have reduced the days I work (at my request) to Tue, Wed & Thur and every 4th weekend. I can live with this. I wanted to be home more during the weekdays during the summer so my 13 year old will have less unsupervised time... plus I just hate working.

I just completed a full year at this job. I was surprised with a $100 retention bonus on my last paycheck. It was like finding a $100 bill in a really ugly, too tight pair of pants that you are forced to wear to an party you don't want to attend. But still....$100!!! That would pay for a round trip train ticket to see Alex/Vicki next month while she's in StL MO.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:36 pm

amynkansas wrote:how was everyone's weekend. I had my first week at 2 new hospitals. It kinda sucked but hoping that getting in the groove and getting to know the nurses will help things out this week. They have reduced the days I work (at my request) to Tue, Wed & Thur and every 4th weekend. I can live with this. I wanted to be home more during the weekdays during the summer so my 13 year old will have less unsupervised time... plus I just hate working.

I just completed a full year at this job. I was surprised with a $100 retention bonus on my last paycheck. It was like finding a $100 bill in a really ugly, too tight pair of pants that you are forced to wear to an party you don't want to attend. But still....$100!!! That would pay for a round trip train ticket to see Alex/Vicki next month while she's in StL MO.

Whoo hoo! Good job! I think you should use your bonus for just that!

I had a good weekend, even if it was short. I enjoyed getting away for a little while where I didn't have to feel guilty about not working on the living room or cleaning or doing any of the things I'm supposed to be doing.

On my way down I stopped at a cemetery that I have photographed before, but I went at the wrong time of day and all the stones were shaded which was disappointing since there are some fantastic stones carved by a man named Pike that are in sad shape and probably won't be around for too much longer. BUT, when I went on Friday the sun was in the exact right spot to enhance the carvings and I'm very happy with the results.

And I got to hang out with DE who discovered the greatest donut shop ever. We saw Bobby and we were high enough in the balcony that we couldn't see his hipster beard. Saturday was sadly raining, but I took her out to the famous lighthouse anyway, which was kind of nice because it meant minimal tourists. Yay! Unfortunately I didn't notice that my camera lens was covered in rain and schmutz and all my photos look like someone sneezed on them. Hrmph.

Now I want a longer vacation. AND MOAR DONUTS.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby dancing_echoes » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Mmmm donuts.
Image ImageImage
dancing_echoes
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Location: On Facebook, "investigating" the Britpack's whereabouts

Postby Muffinmom » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:01 am

Amy – yeay for bonus even if its just a drop in the bucket. Glad you were able to adjust your hrs to suit you better.

JodieO – that’s such a cool picture! Love walking in old cemeteries, you find such interesting things!

Moi, getting ready to go away with my girlfriends this weekend to celebrate everyone’s birthdays this yr. We’re renting a house by the shore, going to the spa and restaurants, and I plan to make (and drink!) lots of piña coladas among other drinks… ;) Any suggestions for yummy ez to make drinks?

Wish I could bring THIS guy along, but don't worry, TravelRob will be there for some fun ;)
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Alexandra » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Hello! I've been playing catch up from my week off of work, and when I tried to get into the Flat it's been kind of wonky. I was a little concerned that someone here had changed the locks whilst I was gone.

Jodie, I'm so glad that you and DE had a nice weekend vacation! It sounds like you had a fun weekend with Bobby and donuts and rain. And, sorry (not really), but I'm not going to come paint your wall. BTW, I hope that you don't mind that I used you as a reference with Amy to let her know that I won't kill her in her sleep when she meets up with me in St. Louis this month.

Amy, Yay for your retention bonus! It is nice that they let you know that you are appreciated!

Muffin, it sounds like you are going to have a great relaxing girlfriend weekend coming up!

I am chaperoning my daughter's 5th grade field trip tomorrow. So that should be fun, right? (Did we ever decide on a sarcasm symbol?)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Thu May 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Alexandra wrote:Hello! I've been playing catch up from my week off of work, and when I tried to get into the Flat it's been kind of wonky. I was a little concerned that someone here had changed the locks whilst I was gone.

Jodie, I'm so glad that you and DE had a nice weekend vacation! It sounds like you had a fun weekend with Bobby and donuts and rain. And, sorry (not really), but I'm not going to come paint your wall. BTW, I hope that you don't mind that I used you as a reference with Amy to let her know that I won't kill her in her sleep when she meets up with me in St. Louis this month.

I am chaperoning my daughter's 5th grade field trip tomorrow. So that should be fun, right? (Did we ever decide on a sarcasm symbol?)

The Flat has been wonky lately. UC said there's some kind of server issue going on.

There's just one corner left to paint, but it's under the stairs and I'm going to have to pull everything out and there's all sorts of weird angles and I'm going to have to lay down for some of it and it's going to be such a pain in the butt. Bleh.

Don't listen to her, Amy. SAVE YOURSELF!!!! Kidding. Alex is a lovely lady to hang out with.

There was some kind of evil in those delicious donuts. I don't even have a sweet tooth and ever since those donuts I've been cramming sugary treats into my face as fast as I can. It must stop!

I found out today that the kitten AND his mama will be living in my house in two weeks, so I really need to get off my ass and get the house ready. At the very least I need to pick up Marlowe's room a bit since Fawkes has knocked everything around and I've had the door locked for a week to keep her out of it. I don't think three cats will appreciate living in just my living room and kitchen. Has anyone had to litter train a kitten? The foster mom said that the kittens are currently using a cookie sheet instead of a proper litter box because they won't climb in and out of the regular box. And that for some reason they like pooing in their food bowls. How to I fix this madness?!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby LittleSecrets » Fri May 02, 2014 11:41 am

Ummmmm......Hi!

Happy Friday :D
LittleSecrets
Leghitcher

Postby Muffinmom » Fri May 02, 2014 1:47 pm

This is weird...

Though it DOES remind of me of a time when Muffin was left along with finger paints....
Muffinmom
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby amynkansas » Fri May 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Muffinmom wrote:This is weird...

Though it DOES remind of me of a time when Muffin was left along with finger paints....

I don't hate this.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Fri May 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Who knew Charlie was a nonsten? HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS ONE YET???

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Sat May 03, 2014 12:55 am

JodieO wrote:Who knew Charlie was a nonsten? HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS ONE YET???

the tambourine is priceless...
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat