Go to footer

Dinna Fash- "Outlander" talk

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Dinna Fash- "Outlander" talk

Postby kelbel75 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:55 pm

several people in the Challenge thread say they're interested in talking Outlander, so I'm taking it upon myself to start a thread for it :D so, jump in and let's start gabbing!

when the series first started to air on Starz, I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not. I wrote a few posts about it on my blog. you can check them out to get your mind jumpstarted:
https://gettingcaughtupinthemechanism.w ... e-accents/
https://gettingcaughtupinthemechanism.w ... s-a-charm/
https://gettingcaughtupinthemechanism.w ... n-my-toes/

that this moment would last forever,or,if it couldn't,that I would stop existing when it did
kelbel75
Craft Services

Re: Dinna Fash- "Outlander" talk

Postby obava » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:24 pm

YAAAAYYYY Mo' JAMMF, mo' bettah
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:16 am

Yay, Kel!!! Thank you. I will post tomorrow. Just returned from watching HILARIOUS Fitty & must go to main thread to review.
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Kel- Thank you again for starting this thread. First some questions:

1. I've seen "dinna fash" over the years and I'm guessing that means 'don't worry'? I guess I could Google that, huh?
2. Were there only 8 episodes shown on TV for Season One, right? Again, I guess I could Google that. I was under the misapprehension that only 8 epis had come out on DVD and I've been waiting for the next 8 epis to come out on DVD before the next season comes out. The DVD title "Season One, Volume One" was very confusing.
3. Does anyone have Starz on their computer with a password?
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:17 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:Kel- Thank you again for starting this thread. First some questions:

1. I've seen "dinna fash" over the years and I'm guessing that means 'don't worry'? I guess I could Google that, huh?
2. Were there only 8 episodes shown on TV for Season One, right? Again, I guess I could Google that. I was under the misapprehension that only 8 epis had come out on DVD and I've been waiting for the next 8 epis to come out on DVD before the next season comes out. The DVD title "Season One, Volume One" was very confusing.
3. Does anyone have Starz on their computer with a password?

yeah, they started selling a DVD of only half a season :? technically when it picks back up again in a few weeks, it will still be season one (second half)...unless they've changed that(?) I don't keep up to date on the stupid marketing(and I do think the marketing is stupid :roll: )

and yes, "dinna fash" means "don't worry" :)
that this moment would last forever,or,if it couldn't,that I would stop existing when it did
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby SeattleLisa » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:41 pm

I can now watch it on 4/4!!!!!!! I have a lovely friend who helped me out!!!! :D :D :D :D :D I am SUPER HAPPY! I have not had cable in decades and refuse to get it again but I was feeling panicked at not keeping up on this series. (I feel like a total addict about this TV show.)
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:55 am

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:08 pm

Currently listening to the Outlander tv show soundtrack on Spotify... totall helping me get into the work groove (aside from this little side trip to gloat about it!!)
Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner!
http://anafiftyshades.blogspot.com
Muffinmom
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby SeattleLisa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:53 pm

I'm rewatching the show and rereading the book in anticipation of 4/4.

Question- anyone remember a more romantic sex scene (with *heart*- 9.5 weeks doesn't count) from a movie or a TV show? It feels like the wedding episode was the most romantic but that could be my love for Jamie speaking?
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Postby kelbel75 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:06 am

SeattleLisa wrote:I'm rewatching the show and rereading the book in anticipation of 4/4.

Question- anyone remember a more romantic sex scene (with *heart*- 9.5 weeks doesn't count) from a movie or a TV show? It feels like the wedding episode was the most romantic but that could be my love for Jamie speaking?

a romantic sex scene that shows a fair amount of skin, or just any romantic sex scene? I always liked the love scene between Timothy Olyphant & Jennifer Garner in "Catch & Release". it takes place mostly under the covers but it's really sensual IMO.
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:44 pm

do i ask for the outlander dvd for mother's day May 10th or do i wait until the full season 1 to come out on DVD later this year?
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:51 am

amynkansas wrote:do i ask for the outlander dvd for mother's day May 10th or do i wait until the full season 1 to come out on DVD later this year?

I say wait. says the person who has two diff't copies of Hobbit movies 1 and 2 b/c I couldn't wait, and then wanted the extended edition with all the extras as well. now the third movie is out and I really want a copy but husband is trying to convince me to wait, not only for the extended edition but for a whole set that will probably come out now that the movies are done. don't fall for marketing ploys! (like I did)
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:48 am

amynkansas wrote:do i ask for the outlander dvd for mother's day May 10th or do i wait until the full season 1 to come out on DVD later this year?

Amy - you don't need them since you can watch them on Starz anytime you want. I agree with Kel, wait until the whole series, and watch it on Starz in the meantime if you need a fix.
Muffinmom
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby amynkansas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Muffinmom wrote:

Amy - you don't need them since you can watch them on Starz anytime you want. I agree with Kel, wait until the whole series, and watch it on Starz in the meantime if you need a fix.

I can watch them all On Demand, plus on Starz Play and I have them all DVR'd....but there's something about having that disc...and the pretty cover... and I can touch it...

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby Muffinmom » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:34 pm

amynkansas wrote:
Muffinmom wrote:

I can watch them all On Demand, plus on Starz Play and I have them all DVR'd....but there's something about having that disc...and the pretty cover... and I can touch it...

Well then, sounds like you've decided, happy shopping!

Now, GO TAKE A NAP!!
Muffinmom
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby amynkansas » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:36 pm

here's a link to an Outlander contest. Grand prize is a trip for two to the Outlander Season 2 premiere.

https://usscpromotions.com/people/outlander/?source=ew_actives

you can enter once a day through April 20th.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:58 pm

so, did ya see that our own UC interviewed Sam? :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHnWiS_kLw
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:58 am

kelbel75 wrote:so, did ya see that our own UC interviewed Sam? :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHnWiS_kLw

Thanks for the share, Kel.

1. I sure hope Jamie's character gets "released" more in the 2nd half of this season :)

2. UC's face is so animated it deserves a series all of its own

3. Jamie and Sam look so different. How is that possible?

4. I swear I saw a hair clip holding in extensions on the first epi back in the second half of season 1. So, is it his real hair, or is it a wig?

5. I can't wait to watch the epi waiting for me on my system from Sunday night! :)
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby obava » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:39 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:I'm rewatching the show and rereading the book in anticipation of 4/4.

This isn't really a "sex" scene, but my all-time fav romantic/sex scene is in Say Anything when they are making out in the back of his car and they get all sweaty and shakey *swoon* :P

https://youtu.be/QQZ2IbboWVI

PS How pathetic is it that I remembered Lloyd Dobler's name but had to Google the title of the movie? :roll:

PPS And how pathetic is it that I've been coming here for 5+ years and I still don't know how to post vids??
Last edited by obava on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:41 pm

amynkansas wrote:I can watch them all On Demand, plus on Starz Play and I have them all DVR'd....but there's something about having that disc...and the pretty cover... and I can touch it...

I like having the discs for the same reason I like having paper books- so I can share them with friends!
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby obava » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:51 pm

kelbel75 wrote:a romantic sex scene that shows a fair amount of skin, or just any romantic sex scene? I always liked the love scene between Timothy Olyphant & Jennifer Garner in "Catch & Release". it takes place mostly under the covers but it's really sensual IMO.

This one?
https://youtu.be/kZp5vpDehiA
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby absolutelyvlc » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:33 pm

SeattleLisa wrote:

Kelbel75 wrote:
And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start to mould a new reality
"My friends, love is better than anger, hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
absolutelyvlc
Friend of The Tuck

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:00 pm

absolutelyvlc wrote:
SeattleLisa wrote:

Kelbel75 wrote:

okay, I give up! how the frickety-frack are you able to post youtube vids?! you're using the longer codes but other than that I cannot see a difference :geek:
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:05 pm

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby SeattleLisa » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:38 pm

kelbel75 wrote:
absolutelyvlc wrote:
SeattleLisa wrote:

Kelbel75 wrote:

okay, I give up! how the frickety-frack are you able to post youtube vids?! you're using the longer codes but other than that I cannot see a difference :geek:

Ok, both of these scenes are sweet and romantic. I think a lot of this has to do with the great music. I hated Catch & Release when I first saw it but maybe I should give it another try.

I still haven't seen anything as *erotic* as what we're seeing on Outlander. I loves me a really good sex scene but it *has* to have heart for me. Also, I love the "female gaze" of this show and they're actually showing cunnilingus! Wow! We've come a long way, Baby. ;)
SeattleLisa
Twilosophy Major

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat