Go to footer

But Oh, Oh Those Summer Nights

Wanna talk about your kids? Wanna talk about how your man will never live up to Rob? Wanna talk about your final you will fail b/c instead of studying you read "Wide Awake?" Wanna give virtual hugs to some new friends? Do that here- in Rob's flat- the home of daily hang-outs (BYOH- bring your own Heineken)

Moderators: Rob's Flat Mods, Challenge Mods

Re: But Oh, Oh Those Summer Nights

Postby guitargirl » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Sorry for the spam following the silence. :?
TTFN
guitargirl
Recovering Krisbian

Postby JodieO » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:03 pm

GG! I'm glad you came back! Tell us all about Cyprus! That can't be boring. It seems very exotic to me!

Tomorrow will be my 1 year anniversary at my job. WHEEEE!!!!!!
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 pm

someone on Twitter was recounting a conversation she had with her husband, where she started to ask a question and he automatically answered with nonsense. I almost replied "Yes. No. To get to the other side. 1.77245" but then remembered that she wasn't a Twi friend and so probably wouldn't get it :(

and last week I was waiting in the doctor's office, not wanting to read the magazines they had, so I was checking the other patients out and thinking "Money. Sex. Money. Sex. Cat... "

*sigh* I miss the good old days :|

that this moment would last forever,or,if it couldn't,that I would stop existing when it did
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:41 am

kelbel75 wrote:someone on Twitter was recounting a conversation she had with her husband, where she started to ask a question and he automatically answered with nonsense. I almost replied "Yes. No. To get to the other side. 1.77245" but then remembered that she wasn't a Twi friend and so probably wouldn't get it :(

and last week I was waiting in the doctor's office, not wanting to read the magazines they had, so I was checking the other patients out and thinking "Money. Sex. Money. Sex. Cat... "

SO my co-workers were all talking about the latest episode of The Walking Dead (which I watch). We are all scattered around the store, some in cubicles..none of us could see each other during this discussion. One of them comments how one of the scenes was a soft filter of 2 guys talking about a zen way of life while in a meadow. She said it was like Twilight flashback! But she said it in a non-complimentary way. So I yelled out "Don't hate on the Twilight!" It got quiet. No one spoke again. I outed myself. :o
On a related note:
I work in a instrument music store. A man for the past 3 weeks has been coming in and playing on different pianos before he buys one. Each time he comes in he plays Claire de Lune (beautifully).

Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:47 pm

amynkansas wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:someone on Twitter was recounting a conversation she had with her husband, where she started to ask a question and he automatically answered with nonsense. I almost replied "Yes. No. To get to the other side. 1.77245" but then remembered that she wasn't a Twi friend and so probably wouldn't get it :(

SO my co-workers were all talking about the latest episode of The Walking Dead (which I watch). We are all scattered around the store, some in cubicles..none of us could see each other during this discussion. One of them comments how one of the scenes was a soft filter of 2 guys talking about a zen way of life while in a meadow. She said it was like Twilight flashback! But she said it in a non-complimentary way. So I yelled out "Don't hate on the Twilight!" It got quiet. No one spoke again. I outed myself. :o
On a related note:
I work in a instrument music store. A man for the past 3 weeks has been coming in and playing on different pianos before he buys one. Each time he comes in he plays Claire de Lune (beautifully).

I will never again see that without thinking of this:

JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:08 pm

I LOVE Rifftrax!! If any of you don't know about them let me know and I'll give you my Rifftrax account info and you can download some of them for free and watch the with your DVDs of the movies. They are pee your pants funny!!!
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:13 pm

amynkansas wrote:I LOVE Rifftrax!! If any of you don't know about them let me know and I'll give you my Rifftrax account info and you can download some of them for free and watch the with your DVDs of the movies. They are pee your pants funny!!!

I can never get them to sync right with the DVD. :(
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:38 am

this past weekend I watched a war movie directed by Angelina Jolie called "Unbroken". it's about a year old but I just got around to watching it. I really like war movies and I liked this one as well. it caused me to look up a bunch of stuff about it on youtube b/c it's a true story. in the promos for it they made it seem like everyone in America is familiar w/the original story but I'd never heard of it (young Olympic running athlete fights in WW2, gets stranded at sea and then survives 2 years in various prison camps). it's an inspiring story.

as always I was interested in who the actors were. the main guy is Jack O'Connell, who I'd never heard of, but I'm having a fun time learning more about him. what grabbed me at first is that he's so diff't from his character, his accent & body movements,etc. he's got a regional (midlands) British accent that I enjoy listening to (unpolished, casual) I wouldn't categorize him as dreamy, necessarily(tho I did find him rather attractive in the film), but he's growing on me. I like his personality- reminds me a bit of a young Ewan McGregor; he can be playfully cheeky but in other instances he's very insightful and serious about his characters.

anyways, I ran across this clip with him and Judi Dench from the Graham Norton show that I found funny, particularly her reaction to the picture that is shown :D

that this moment would last forever,or,if it couldn't,that I would stop existing when it did
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby amynkansas » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:15 am

I *might* be watching Twilight tonight.

amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby kelbel75 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:11 pm

don't mind me, just decorating with a new face...

kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:17 pm

kelbel75 wrote:don't mind me, just decorating with a new face...

Who is this one?
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby kelbel75 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:06 am

JodieO wrote:
kelbel75 wrote:don't mind me, just decorating with a new face...

Who is this one?

Jack O'Connell. the one I posted a vid of earlier.
at 25 yrs. he just made it under the wire for my cut-off age :P
kelbel75
Craft Services

Postby JodieO » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:38 pm

I was having a dream last night that we were juuuuust about to start a bit of smooching and an old woman came up and asked for directions. What is wrong with my brain? WHY IS THIS MY BRAIN???

My brain is a jerk.

*sulks*
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby Alexandra » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:43 pm

JodieO wrote:I was having a dream last night that we were juuuuust about to start a bit of smooching and an old woman came up and asked for directions. What is wrong with my brain? WHY IS THIS MY BRAIN???

My brain is a jerk.

*sulks*

Sorry. I was lost and I thought one of you would point me in the right direction. :oops: :oops:
ImageImageImageImageImage
sets the standards for all bitches
Alexandra
Runs with Vampires

Postby JodieO » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Alexandra wrote:
JodieO wrote:I was having a dream last night that we were juuuuust about to start a bit of smooching and an old woman came up and asked for directions. What is wrong with my brain? WHY IS THIS MY BRAIN???

My brain is a jerk.

*sulks*

Sorry. I was lost and I thought one of you would point me in the right direction. :oops: :oops:

Dammit, Lady. If you see me with a man JUST KEEP WALKING.

And text me later for details.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby JodieO » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:43 pm

Anyone have any big holiday plans? Everyone holding up under the holiday strain?

What's going down, chicas??
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:41 pm

JodieO wrote:Anyone have any big holiday plans? Everyone holding up under the holiday strain?

My husband's work party is on Saturday. My work dinner is on Monday. Then I have an old friend that will be in town that I'm having dinner with on Tuesday. I haven't seen her in over 20 years!

My Dh's bro from Denver is coming to stay with us for a few days over Christmas. I need to get the guest room ready and dust the house. I have the 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th off. And the 31st, 1st, 2nd and 3rd off. The family Christmas is at our house this year but there will only be 8 of us. Then Christmas dinner at my dad's the next night an hour away. My favorite thing to do it stay home in my sweats so I'm not really looking forward to all the dinners out...with people. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

How about you?
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Postby JodieO » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:51 pm

amynkansas wrote:
JodieO wrote:Anyone have any big holiday plans? Everyone holding up under the holiday strain?

My husband's work party is on Saturday. My work dinner is on Monday. Then I have an old friend that will be in town that I'm having dinner with on Tuesday. I haven't seen her in over 20 years!

My Dh's bro from Denver is coming to stay with us for a few days over Christmas. I need to get the guest room ready and dust the house. I have the 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th off. And the 31st, 1st, 2nd and 3rd off. The family Christmas is at our house this year but there will only be 8 of us. Then Christmas dinner at my dad's the next night an hour away. My favorite thing to do it stay home in my sweats so I'm not really looking forward to all the dinners out...with people. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

How about you?

Good gravy, Woman!

I'll... umm... have Christmas over at my parents' house. Then maybe go to the movies Christmas night if anyone is up for it... There's my plans. Well, and I've put in to take a half day on the 28th so the bestie and I an have lunch and a movie, and she usually has people in her studio on NYE for games and food until it's time to walk down the street for the ball drop.

I don't think we're having a work Christmas party. We didn't have one last year, either, though I've heard about ones they've had in the past. We've been crazy busy at work, though and all of us are buried. We were actually supposed to have a meeting today to discuss each of our duties so we can figure out who should be doing what, and redistribute the workload, and hopefully determine that there IS a need for a part time work-study person, but we were all so busy that the meeting didn't happen. :? But we get a half day off for Christmas Eve, and a half day off NYE, so I'm looking forward to two 3 1/2 day weekends.
JodieO
Comber of Bear Skin Rug

Postby amynkansas » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:37 am

Well, I just have one more Christmas today at my dad's which is an hour away..but it's an early lunch so I will be home and in my sweat pants by 4pm. My husband's brother is here but will be leaving on Tuesday and he hasn't been too bad so far.

And with only a 3 day work week coming up I think I can handle it.

Hope you guys had a great holiday. Love you.
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Rob's Flat