Go to footer

Introduce Yourself!

Are you new to LTT (letterstotwilight) or LTR (letterstorob) or maybe just new to our forum? Well, this is the place for you- for our virgins. Introduce yourself here and then you will be on your way!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby JessicaB » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:09 pm

I feel like this is a big thing for some reason..

I've been with LTT and LTR for a while, but this is my first time at the forum. I needed to send a PM. I won't even go into how long it took me to figure out how. And how angry I was when someone already claimed my little screen name that I use over at the blogs.

But alas, I finally made it here.
Hi everyone, I'm Jess. I'm a 3rd year university student, a Gleek, and a closet Twi-fan. I do not, and will never refer to myself as a Twi-hard. Thanks to people like the Pattinson Pants Lady, it conjures up images of all kinds of crazy that I'd rather not be associated with. It's nice to have a place where I can "come out" and not seem like I've lost my mind!

Apart from all things Rob, I have love affairs with traveling, photography, and anything sweet :)
JessicaB
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby poochimama » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:40 am

Howdy, gals!
My name is Poochimama and I'm a LTR-oholic. I have been ever since my first taste of Robohol. I feel pretty silly right now, because I've written HHH two letters (OK, so one was actually RobFanFicPoetry) via the keepers of the secret Kool-Aid recipe (UC and Moon) and this is technically my first time really hanging out in the forums.
I'm a southern girl, but I made the mistake of marrying a Yankee and now I live in the Armpit of New York. It's cold here - really, really, cold.
Here's 3 things about me that you don't know, but you will after you read them:
1. I'm a Nursing student, and it's the hardest thing I've ever done - but soooo worth it.
2. My user name is a play on my last name and occupation, and also sounds a lot like Hoochie Mama, which I personally find hilarious.
3. Me + Technology = FAIL.
4. I'm secretly in love with every lady on this site, because you all make my days a little less crazy and/or mundane. I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say each morning!
Yeah, I know, that was 4 things - but I'm not so good with the short and sweet.
poochimama
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby SJA » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Hello - fisrt forum post for me! In any forum! Very proud of myself and for finally figuring out my username (typo when registering), it's only taken me a month so now I can finally post.

I love the love on LTT even if you're not a die-hard Edward fan, or even just a normal fan, or even a RPatz fan but love everything Twi anyway.

It is also surprisingly educational - my comp. skills are improving exponetially, and the depth & breadth of knowledge & experience from such a diverse group of women is, well, sometimes a little startling. Love it. It also makes me laugh, out loud, daily, even when walking down the street. And that is a good thing.

SJA
SJA
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Ldub83 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Hola! My name is Lauren and I've been a lurker of LTR/LTT for about 10 months now. I absolutely love the wit and humor of the two blogs, and my day isn't complete till I read them. I'm a mommy to a beautiful 4yr old girl and wife to my loving husband. At first he was fine with my Twilight/Edward/now all Rob addiction but now, not so much. He just doesn't get it. Nor do must of my "real life" friends. So it's just very awesome to come to a place everyday where you feel like you belong. More than once I have laughed so hard at work that Oj/coffee/dt coke has came out my nose,that my co-workers look at me like I've lost my mind all over the things you girls write. Thanks ladies!!!
Ldub83
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby BrooklynBabe » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Finally coming out of lurkdom. My downfall probably began in Oct of 2008 when I was listening to the Z morning zoo while driving my son to the train station. Danielle Manero kept raving about the Twilight books (which I never heard of), the character of Edward Cullen and his portrayer Robert Pattinson. This went on for a month until RP was interviewed on the show. Of course I missed it because it was election day and my son was off from school. The next day she wouldn't shut up about him and the books. So I decided to see what all the hoopla was about and I drove to Target where the book was on sale. Devoured the books, watched the Twilight trailers, thought "Edward" was hot and started googling the crap out of Robert Pattinson. Have not looked back ever since.
I was so happy to find Robsessed which led me to LTR in Jan of 2009. I found out my obssession was NORMAL and I was not going thru a mid-life crisis. I have been lurking ever since.
I am old enuf to be Rob's mom but in my head I still feel like 18. I married my college sweetheart who I adore, have two incredible sons who are 17 and 20 and have 1 dog and 4 cats. My family totally knows about my Twilight obssession but they think I am Edward obsessed not Robsessed. My DH couldn't deal with that.
I am an attorney by trade but didn't go back to work after my first son was born. I intended to when my youngest started High School but my migraines took over my life. LTR and the Forum are my saving grace and put a smile on my face everyday even when I feel like a steamroller ran me over. I feel like I know most of you guys already. Enuf about me and lets get back to Rob.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~Live life passionately, Laugh out loud, Love unconditionally~~~~~~~
BrooklynBabe
Rob's Lover

Postby SparklePants » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 am

Thank god to all things holy I found you guys before...a) I got fired b) outed myself and then got fired c) flew to LA to see (aka stalk) Rob...or d) all of the above.

I never thought I would identify with most of Rob's fanbase of tweens and twihads (actually, i am going as a twihard next halloween). I just cannot identify myself as one of those crazies causing Rob to run into oncoming traffic and publicly declare allergic vaginitis. Srsly. But I'm happy to find a safe haven to declare my appreciation (that's how I refer to it) for RPattz. He's so much more than the Teen Beat cover guy the fangirlys squeel over.

The way I rationalize the...appreciation...for ATR (All Things Rob)...is that he ignites something in us. Sexy, soulful, self-deprecating, humble, introspective, seemingly romantic...sheesh I do sound like fan girl. My "appreciation" for Rob reminds me that I'm not asexual (single, 36, intelligent and somewhat attractive). I can't crush on my 8th grade lab partner so I crush on Rob. What's so wrong with that?

I'm a Roboholic. Glad to meet you all.
SparklePants
Rob's Eyebrow Plucker

Postby amazingplinko » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi, all. After three days of lurking and laughing myself silly at you guys, I'm joining in the fun. I know everyone else has said this already, but it is SO refreshing to finally find a group of older girls who love Rob and know how to enjoy him without being completely insane! I'm excited about joining in!

I started liking Rob a few months after Twilight was released. Some of the younger girls at work had been going crazy about the movie and books for a while, and I was like, "Meh, teenybopper stuff. Vampires, bleh. You people are crazy." But then finally on a whim I read the first book, and then had to go out the very next day and buy the second, then the third, then the fourth. (Secretly, of course, because I had already made fun of the other girls!) I finally ended up seeing the movie that December. Even then I didn't think Rob as Edward was super cute (Lipstick?! Puh-lease.), but like some of you other ladies, I got hooked afterwards from seeing him as his normal self in interviews.

So here I am. I'm 26, single,boring office worker by day, closeted Rob addict by night!
Last edited by amazingplinko on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amazingplinko
Swiftner Lover

Postby CaraCullen » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey, My name is Cara Cullen (haha I'm not even kidding, thats my real name). I am absolutely in love with Twilight and Rob Pattinson. Vampires are to die for! (no pun intended). I am a journalism student, I love to read (Twilight series), write, sing, and paint. I am the biggest klutz in the world. I can't cook :P I also like to ride motorcycles, watch scary movies and of course, watch anything with Robert Pattinson in it :D
CaraCullen
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Kaet » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi, I thought I would come and join in the fun, after finding the blog a couple of weeks ago and crying with laughter as I read through a year and a bit's worth of posts... I'm still haunted by the bad art and tattoos!!! :o

My name is Cathy (not really Kaet but I was worried if I used my real name you might all think I was "Cathy the Cougar" and not let me in... :oops: ) and I'm a married 35-year-old mum-of-one living in the UK.

Not been a fan of Twilight for very long having seen the film first of all last November (18th at 9pm - remembering the exact date and time is normal, right?), then new Moon a week later, and then read all the books between Christmas and New Year, and was fearing a little for my sanity until I found you guys. Thankyou. 8-)
Kaet
Swiftner Lover

Postby glynna » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:54 pm

I’ve been lurking for a couple of months and after being allowed to live vicariously through a couple of you ladies for the RM Premiere yesterday, I feel it is time to come out of the shadows. I am a 31 year old married Mom of two.

My addiction began Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2009. I had heard of those vampire love story books and thought it was ridiculous that grown women were waiting outside bookstores at midnight, screaming at these actors, etc. That afternoon a friend that I had always thought of as perfectly sane and “normal” in every way put Twilight in my hand and said “if you can put it down after one chapter I’ll never bug you to read it again.” That was the first night I dreamed of Edward Cullen. Okay, not really but it was kind of like a dream because I read from six that evening until two in the morning and even then I only stopped because my eyes were twitching and my vision was blurry. The next day happened to be Thanksgiving. I went through the motions, all the while paranoid that everyone was going to notice how I’d changed overnight--that they would detect my secret; I cared about nothing more than racing through the aisles of Wal-Mart to find New Moon, running over anyone who stood in my way. Over the next few days I was a zombie. To make a long story short, I finished the entire saga by that Sunday evening.

Withdrawal was immediate. I NEEDED a fix so I bought the Twilight DVD. **Angels Sang** I then saw New Moon multiple times, and began my quest to watch or read every single interview Rob had ever done. Soon that was no longer enough to satiate my hunger for all things Rob. That’s when I found LTR/LTT.

I have not revealed my obsession to my family/friends. They know I like Rob and Twilight, but have no idea the severity of my condition. You ladies make me laugh until I cry, and I feel normal here. Thanks for having me!
glynna
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Luxie M » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:14 am

Hello, my name is Luxie and I'm a Twi-aholic.....
I live in FL and am a full time student. I'm kinda an indie music enthusiast. I love horror flicks. I love to read and do as much of it as I can... I always have had an affinity for fantasy and romance. But nothing has captivated the way Twilight has... I've officially been bewitched by Twilight. Which in turn.. inevitably, lead me to my other obsessions (all spawning from the beast that is Twilight). Two of them you can probably guess: My infatuation with Rob Pattinson and my adoration for LTT. I may not be as funny or witty as the bloggers here @ LTT but I sure can appreciate them for it! <3
Luxie M
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby amomentspassion » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 pm

hiii
My names Melissa, I'm 23 & I'm from Long Island. I met some of you on Monday and was told to join :D
I'm obviously a big Rob fan <3 and I also love Hanson (shhh..... lol)
I like to travel, and I like taking photos (http://amomentspassion.fotki.com !)
aaaaand I don't know lol if you want to know more just ask!

There's so many things in here I need to look around haha
amomentspassion
Swiftner Lover

Postby lori_seals » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:26 pm

amomentspassion wrote:hiii
My names Melissa, I'm 23 & I'm from Long Island. I met some of you on Monday and was told to join :D
I'm obviously a big Rob fan <3 and I also love Hanson (shhh..... lol)
I like to travel, and I like taking photos (http://amomentspassion.fotki.com !)
aaaaand I don't know lol if you want to know more just ask!

There's so many things in here I need to look around haha

YAY! Hi, Melissa! I'm thrilled you're here! Rob's Flat is where we hang out most of the time. Okay, where I hang out most of the time anyway. ;) I often forget there is more to the forum.....cause who wants to leave Rob's Flat????
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lori_seals
Dick & Clare's Neighbor

Postby mrsscottmarti » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi, my name is Kate, and I'm so happy to have found you... :D No one understands, just how crazy addicting this Twilight and Rob obsession is for me (not that I've told anyone). It started in December 2009. I kept saying to DH, "what is all this twilight about"? We rented the movie, and I really didn't like it that much. I decided to buy the book, because the books are always better, right? Well, I started to read it and I couldn't put it down. Read the whole series within a week, right before Christmas (which we were having at our house this year). Did I mention I have a 4 year old and a 4 week when I did all this reading? I couldn't get enough of Edward and Bella...I then decided to start finding out everything I could about Robert Pattinson. I fell in love with him, getting to know him in all the youtube interviews. It's crazy, because I've never been this ga-ga over someone I've never met or never will meet. I'm glad I'm not alone and I have a place to go to talk about my boy. I love letters to Rob and have tried to stay away, but I can't...
mrsscottmarti
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Ooblek » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi everyone-

I am so relieved to have found you all! I was beginning to feel like a pathetic weirdo, and now I know I'm not alone!

A little about how I acquired my Rob obsession: Basically he was totally off my radar until a month ago. I'm a middle school teacher (in my 30s, so yes I could teach him a thing or two), and one day one of my students (a 6th grade girl) was going on and on about Twilight. She is completely nuts over the whole thing, and at first I thought "oh, how cute". Anyway, we got to talking and she convinced me that I needed to read the book. So, she lent it to me. It sat around at home for a week or so until I was home sick one day and completely bored. Needless to say, once I picked it up, I didn't put it down till I was finished. Every couple days this girl would bring me a new book when I'd finished the previous one until I had read all 4 within a week and a half - all while working full time, going to staff meetings, and generally trying to be a productive adult. Then I got the movie and holy crap! Who was that boy? I had what seems to be the standard reaction and went to youtube and google, started watching every clip I could and compiled a file of ridiculously hot pictures. For the past month and a half, gathering information on my "movie star boyfriend" has been my primary activity outside of work. It was starting to worry me until I found LTR. Now I know I'm completely normal!

There's just something about skinny, British men with floppy hair that I love. (That actually started in the 80s with my DuranDuran obsession...) And the socially awkward, nervous hands in the hair thing gets me every time. *sigh*

Anyway, nice to meet you all!
Ooblek
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby ticketgirl95 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi, Everyone!

I have been reading LTR and LTT for about 8 months now. It always brightens my day! I am a 35 year old mother of a teen daughter that doesn't have the slightest interest in Twilight. I have no clue where I went wrong??? But since she's 14, I have the perfect excuse for standing in long lines for DVDs @ midnight-can't tell you how many times I've said to cashiers "My daughter is going to be so happy".

I discovered Twilight by accident I suppose. I had heard about it in passing and thought all the teens were into it. Being the awesome mom I am, bought the Twilight DVD and first 2 books for my daughter for Easter. She had no interest in it so I decided to see what the hoopla was all about and read the first book, and then the second, called in sick to work for a week, and rushed to B&N for the 3rd and 4th. My life hasn't been the same since. Until I found LTR, thought I was loosing my mind. But now I realize my Robsession is completely normal.

My political views are as follows: I am Team Robward and NonRobsten, let's just throw that out there now and get it over with. I spend countless work and personal hours immersed in the world of Twilight through the internet. I overly enjoy fanfic and my "special guy friend" enjoys the effects fanfic has on me. All-in-all, I'm a well rounded Twilighter with no other outside interests. Oh, I have tried to ween myself...but then damn it all to hell, another Rob photo shoot happens and I'm sucked back in.

Look forward to joining you guys here at the forum!
DISTRACT ME, PLEASE!
ticketgirl95
Swiftner Lover

Postby obava » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 am

Hi all! I am Obava and am not new to LTT/LTR, but am defs new to the Forum. I wanna join the Biggest Loser challenge (V3)!
I am female, live in the US in the Rocky Mountain region. I need to get into shape- I am a college student (the oldest one in the world) and spend 99% of my waking hours doing home work on the computer (yeah, right!) and reading textbooks and articles for school. These are NOT behaviors conducive to rockin' a hot body (or even a decent one, apparently). I need to get in shape before I meet Rob!!
xoxox obava
obava
Twilosophy Major

Postby IM1LuckyWoman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 am

Hello...IM1LuckyWoman...yep, that's me! I am married to THE most terrific guy (Rob is my fantasy guy and is my "freebie" and my husband knows all about it)! I've been reading LTR and LTT for a few months now and just decided to check out The Forum. Was sorry I missed the Biggest Loser challenges and then saw this morning that you're doing version 3 so...I want to join! Can't wait. Oh...and I know this is all things Twilight, but, since Rob is the star of Remember Me can we mention that too? Only reason I ask is that I've seen it 13 times now (since it opened in my area on March 12th) and I think I can feel #14 coming up today. Can you say "Rob-session"?
IM1LuckyWoman
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby JenKB » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Welcome to the Forum, IM1LuckyWoman!!! Wow, 13 times!! That's dedication. :) Jena, one of our moderators at the Flat, has seen in 8 or 9 times now.

To answer your question, yes, we takl about Remember Me. However, it hasn't been released in the UK (this weekend), Germany or other parts of Europe. Since we have international members, we have kept the Remember Me talks (especially in regards to plot spoilers) in a specific thread. On the main index page, go to to the bottom and click on "Rob Does Other Stuff Besides Twilight", in the next page, you'll find the Remember Me thread.

Also, I know you are joining the Biggest Loser competition, but feel free to join us in the daily thread (today is Monday Photos) in Rob's Flat also. All the Ladies are really nice and very welcoming. There's some great shots of Rob today too. :D

Hope that helps, and welcome again!!! :D

Hugs,

Jen

IM1LuckyWoman wrote:Hello...IM1LuckyWoman...yep, that's me! I am married to THE most terrific guy (Rob is my fantasy guy and is my "freebie" and my husband knows all about it)! I've been reading LTR and LTT for a few months now and just decided to check out The Forum. Was sorry I missed the Biggest Loser challenges and then saw this morning that you're doing version 3 so...I want to join! Can't wait. Oh...and I know this is all things Twilight, but, since Rob is the star of Remember Me can we mention that too? Only reason I ask is that I've seen it 13 times now (since it opened in my area on March 12th) and I think I can feel #14 coming up today. Can you say "Rob-session"?
ImageImageImageImageImage
JenKB
Rob's Friend with Benefits

Postby charbabay19 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

<tap, tap, tap> ... hello? Is anybody listening?
I have been stalking LTT for about 6 or so months now but have never been on the forum. For shame!
I have finally succumbed.
My name is Charbabay19 and I am a <gulp> twi... light fan. I still can't say Twi-hard.
I live in Boston and go to school with snooty people who would mercilessly mock me if they found out I was a fan.
I am getting my masters in Divinity, concentrating on psychology and religion, and will hopefully become a hospice chaplain after getting ordained as a (Humanist) Unitarian Universalist minister. (I think I may have given too many RL facts there and may have to deny all connections to this post should someone in RL ask me about it. You won't judge me, right?)
But who care about all of that- this is a Twilight forum and the only thing that really matters here is that in outside of this world I am Team Rob. But, in the Twilightdom I am Team Jacob all the way! Suck it Team Schmedward!

* Oh and just for fun, I am currently writing a J/B fanfic titled "In the Shadows of Monsters" and while it's my first one, I am really enjoying the process.
charbabay19
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby Katie S » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Hellllo! I'm FINALLY making it to the forum and introducing myself. Yay!

I comment on the blog all the friggen time, but have never been to the forum. I hope I don't come across as a complete virgin. So, about me... I'm in the Boston area, I love Rob, I am 26, I'm going back to school soon to get my Masters soon, I love Rob, and I love the LTR/LTT girls. That is my life. Oh god... depressing. Can't wait to really get into the blog! That sounds filthy. ;)
Katie S
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby AlexaET » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Hello!
My name is Alexa, I'm from the awsomely cold country of Canada! Love it here!
I'm twenty-cough*cough....sorry there was something on my troath there......
Love Twilight, all of it, books, movies, news, gossip, fanfic!
I love to talk and therefore I can type a comment as long as a one-shot fanfiction so yeah.......
I'm kind of wordless right now, it's not my first time on a forum but this one kinds of intimidates me......
Hope to make lots of friends :D
Peace Out!
AlexaET
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby StarryNight » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:30 pm

I feel so at home here after hanging out incognito for so many months! I feel like I should just pull up a chair and join in the fun!

I'm an eternally on-the-go married 40-year old (ouch!) and seem to have been charmed by one incredibly hot, self-deprecating, creative and talented Brit! I love music (a little of everything - just saw Angels & Airwaves show last night!), reading, cooking, and TRAVEL. I hate that I can't get here during the day, but hopefully will be able to join in on the fun when I can.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
StarryNight
Swiftner Lover

Postby 'Beckitaa' » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:08 pm

Ok, let´s see :)
Hii :)
My namee is Becky, but i put Beckitaa I don't know why :D the thing is that thats my name so call me like that...
I'm from Panama( yeahh that country on central america that once belongs to USA, but no more...) so.. yeah I ♥ TWILIGHT, ROBERT AND ALL OF THATT 8-)
Ohh! And my English is not so good of that( because my native language is spanishh :!: ) soo if you dont understand me sometimess Im really sorry but I would make my best so you can understand mee :)
Ammm, what elsee? Im learning to play piano, but Im not so good because I just start to learn :)
'Beckitaa'
107 Year Old Virgin

Postby amynkansas » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi Ladies ( I assume you all are female..) I'm Amy. I have been on the Biggest Loser Forum for the past couple of weeks but never really introduced myself properly. I live in the Kansas City area, married, 3 kids and 1 dog (very old and very sweet). I love all things Twilight/Rob. I have never NEVER been this obessed with anything as much as I have with this whole vampire thing. But that's normal, right? I also discovered fanfic last week and have spent waaaaaaay to many hours "induldging". I am a photographer by day. I love all things sugar ( that is why I am on the Biggest Loser forum), reading, watching movies and board games (but no one ever wants to play with me :(
Guess that's about it.
Here for all your inappropriate photoshopping needs
amynkansas
Copstache Lover

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Meet the Virgins