Go to footer

Twi-Merch: Second (or First?)-Hand Embarrassed?

Twi-Merch: Second (or First?)-Hand Embarrassed?

Postby Freya » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:03 am

I read somewhere that Hot Topic had no problems with the economy decline this year, mostly thanks to Twilight merchandise. We’ve seen the Pocket Edwards go out and have adventures (the reunion of the two Eddies courtesy of UC and Moon was my favorite), and a pillowcase or two. But there is truly some crazy, cringe-worthy stuff out there that I would be so embarassed to own.

To find the true extent of the crazy, I went to the home of the krazy krafter: ETSY! (Note: I love Etsy. I love handmade. I respect anyone who takes the time to create art with their own hands. But some of this shit is funny.)

Found anything especially crazy out there? OWN anything that is slightly (or majorly) embarrassing? I’m dying to see!
"--as if there was any way I could exist without needing you!"
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Re: Twi-Merch: Second (or First?)-Hand Embarrassed?

Postby Kristin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:53 am

haha, this is a great place for this! Yes, I agree, there is some cute stuff but the blood vials? really? That doesn't even go with the movies/books at all! What some people will do to make a buck!

At Walmart they have twilight shoelaces. LOL!
Because thats NORMAL.
Kristin
Smarter than Yorkie

Postby summergirl » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:17 am

There is hardly any Twilight merch here in the UK so I will enjoy looking this thread -- thanks for posting :)
"Apart from the bear.........................did you see the bear?"
summergirl
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby MaramaBreaksFaces » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:16 am

Here in Australia I think Big W gets orders in from Hot Topic because they sell those hell scary-don't-even-look-like-Edward-made-entirely-of-plastic-even-his-clothes dolls (sorry "action figures"...)
And another store here sells the HT jewelry.
I think the Twilight band aids they sell are a bit OTT.
And that shimmer powder.
Like WTF!?
MaramaBreaksFaces
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby Freya » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 am

MaramaBreaksFaces wrote:Here in Australia I think Big W gets orders in from Hot Topic because they sell those hell scary-don't-even-look-like-Edward-made-entirely-of-plastic-even-his-clothes dolls (sorry "action figures"...)
And that shimmer powder.
Like WTF!?

Twilight band-aids? Why do I TOTALLY want those???

And the shimmer powder--yeah, try getting your significant other to stand still while you sprinkle him with Edward dust!
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby Freya » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 am

Kristin wrote:haha, this is a great place for this! Yes, I agree, there is some cute stuff but the blood vials? really? That doesn't even go with the movies/books at all! What some people will do to make a buck!

At Walmart they have twilight shoelaces. LOL!

Oh, I can do you one better than the shoelaces: SPARKLE PUFF PAINT! And classy Swarovski crystals!
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby 86 Rabbit » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:52 pm

I admit I'm only 2nd Hand Embarrassed because I've mostly managed to control myself thus far. I have gotten a mini-poster which I had up in my cube at work. OMB bought me Team Edward shoelaces and Sweethearts. Those Sweethearts were pretty nasty, BTW. The shoelaces were so wide that once in the shoes they were too short to tie. I don't know what to do with them now. Other than that I have two t-shirts, one of which I can't wear because it shrunk too much the first time I washed it (thanks Torrid!). The fates are really telling me I shouldn't load up on Twi-phernalia.

Things I am definitely 2nd Hand Embarrassed about:
--Twilight perfume (have you smelled this stuff? Ew.)
--Edward Body Shimmer
--Did you know there was a Twilight slap bracelet? Wow, time warp.
--Rubber Twilight bracelets? Would Alice approve?
Twilight, the best textually transmitted disease ever written.
86 Rabbit
Swiftner Lover

Postby MaramaBreaksFaces » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:06 pm

86 Rabbit wrote:I admit I'm only 2nd Hand Embarrassed because I've mostly managed to control myself thus far. I have gotten a mini-poster which I had up in my cube at work. OMB bought me Team Edward shoelaces and Sweethearts. Those Sweethearts were pretty nasty, BTW. The shoelaces were so wide that once in the shoes they were too short to tie. I don't know what to do with them now. Other than that I have two t-shirts, one of which I can't wear because it shrunk too much the first time I washed it (thanks Torrid!). The fates are really telling me I shouldn't load up on Twi-phernalia.

--Edward Body Shimmer
--Rubber Twilight bracelets? Would Alice approve?

I bought my mother the "I <3 Boys Who Sparkle" slap bracelet as a joke and she thought it was pretty funny.
MaramaBreaksFaces
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby MaramaBreaksFaces » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Freya wrote:
MaramaBreaksFaces wrote:Here in Australia I think Big W gets orders in from Hot Topic because they sell those hell scary-don't-even-look-like-Edward-made-entirely-of-plastic-even-his-clothes dolls (sorry "action figures"...)
And that shimmer powder.
Like WTF!?

And the shimmer powder--yeah, try getting your significant other to stand still while you sprinkle him with Edward dust!

I don't know anyone that would buy that shimmer powder for any reason other than to laugh at it.
The band aids I kinda get.
"Oh I'm bleeding! I know. I'll put some vamps on it. Edward will make it better" etc (I think I'm going to buy some... Don't judge me).
MaramaBreaksFaces
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby Freya » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:17 pm

MaramaBreaksFaces wrote:
Freya wrote:
And that shimmer powder.
Like WTF!?

I don't know anyone that would buy that shimmer powder for any reason other than to laugh at it.
The band aids I kinda get.
"Oh I'm bleeding! I know. I'll put some vamps on it. Edward will make it better" etc (I think I'm going to buy some... Don't judge me).

No judgement! I'm just about to Google those band-aids, see where I can get me some!
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby IndigoCosmo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 pm

No judgement! I'm just about to Google those band-aids, see where I can get me some!

I'm as clumsy as Bella... so I'll need lots of Edward Band-aids.

Srsly... let us know if you find them. lol

~IndigoCosmo

~~~~~~~BROUHAHA!
IndigoCosmo
Not a Bear

Postby Mrs.P. » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:55 pm

MaramaBreaksFaces wrote:
86 Rabbit wrote:I admit I'm only 2nd Hand Embarrassed because I've mostly managed to control myself thus far. I have gotten a mini-poster which I had up in my cube at work. OMB bought me Team Edward shoelaces and Sweethearts. Those Sweethearts were pretty nasty, BTW. The shoelaces were so wide that once in the shoes they were too short to tie. I don't know what to do with them now. Other than that I have two t-shirts, one of which I can't wear because it shrunk too much the first time I washed it (thanks Torrid!). The fates are really telling me I shouldn't load up on Twi-phernalia.

--Edward Body Shimmer
--Rubber Twilight bracelets? Would Alice approve
?

I bought my mother the "I <3 Boys Who Sparkle" slap bracelet as a joke and she thought it was pretty funny.

HA HA...I bought it for my toddler...she loves that thing...she runs around slappin ev1!!
"Shudupinyaface! No fangirls, just fucking...because THAT'S NORMAL!"
Follow me: MrsP_ifurnastee @Twitter!
Mrs.P.
Renee's Cooking Instructor

Postby Mrs.P. » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:57 pm

IndigoCosmo wrote:

I believe vickyb has some, or at least bought some "for her girls" ;)
Mrs.P.

Postby MaramaBreaksFaces » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:25 am

Mrs.P. wrote:
IndigoCosmo wrote:

I believe vickyb has some, or at least bought some "for her girls" ;)

Haha buying Twi-merch for your children is the best excuse to use.
I use my niece as a front when I am sure people will think I am weird for having an Edward doll in my bedroom.
MaramaBreaksFaces
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby Freya » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 am

DAMN YOU HOT TOPIC! *Shakes tiny fist* They no longer carry Twilight bandages. eBay has them for about triple the original price. I am NOT paying $20 for a tin of Twi-Aids! So disappointed.
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby IndigoCosmo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Freya wrote:DAMN YOU HOT TOPIC! *Shakes tiny fist* They no longer carry Twilight bandages. eBay has them for about triple the original price. I am NOT paying $20 for a tin of Twi-Aids! So disappointed.

Aww, BOOO. Maybe they'll come out with some New Moon band-aids... but Jacob just isn't as good for my boo-boos

~IndigoCosmo

~~~~~~~BROUHAHA!
IndigoCosmo
Not a Bear

Postby 86 Rabbit » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Twi-bandages! Ok, I have to say that's brilliant! Makes much more sense than any other...shall we call them Fandages?

I dunno about the joke aspect of the Twi-merch. Sure we all laugh at most of it. We all share a particular sense of humor though. I've seen some pretty serious tweens checking out that body shimmer.
Twilight, the best textually transmitted disease ever written.
86 Rabbit
Swiftner Lover

Postby Freya » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:56 pm

Good evening from the tacky corner of the Forum. I was just about to step out, maybe go to the grocery store or to a nice restaurant, but I can't find my regular purse. Oh, well, maybe I'll just have to break out my super-special Twilight purse.

Jealous?
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby joebendesigns » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:19 pm

My personal fave, but horribly embarrasing Twilight item you can buy on Etsy....hand-painted Twi Converse!! AND these are investment shoes as $125 a pair, but what else goes better with Pattinson Pants?!?

joebendesigns
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby Freya » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 am

joebendesigns wrote:My personal fave, but horribly embarrasing Twilight item you can buy on Etsy....hand-painted Twi Converse!! AND these are investment shoes as $125 a pair, but what else goes better with Pattinson Pants?!?

What? Are you saying Pattinson Pants aren't cool? After I spent hours carefully handpainting Rob's face on the ass of my jeans? And "BITE ME NOW" down the thigh? Dammit. Fashion changes so fast, I can't keep up.

:lol:
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby IndigoCosmo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Freya wrote:Good evening from the tacky corner of the Forum. I was just about to step out, maybe go to the grocery store or to a nice restaurant, but I can't find my regular purse. Oh, well, maybe I'll just have to break out my super-special Twilight purse.

Jealous?

(Original listing at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=24220243)

Oh God.. who would be caught dead with that thing? Soooo second-hand embarrassed here. At first I thought it was a twilight mini-skirt.

~IndigoCosmo

~~~~~~~BROUHAHA!
IndigoCosmo
Not a Bear

Postby Freya » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:27 pm

IndigoCosmo wrote:

Oh God.. who would be caught dead with that thing? Soooo second-hand embarrassed here. At first I thought it was a twilight mini-skirt.

Lordy! A Twi-mini? How HUMILIATING would that be? Who wants to walk outside with "TWILIGHT" written all over their lady parts?!? A purse is tragic, but a miniskirt is nightmarish!
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Postby joebendesigns » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Freya wrote:
IndigoCosmo wrote:

Lordy! A Twi-mini? How HUMILIATING would that be? Who wants to walk outside with "TWILIGHT" written all over their lady parts?!? A purse is tragic, but a miniskirt is nightmarish!

At least you can get shoes to match! :lol:
joebendesigns
Phil's Baseball Coach

Postby Mrs.P. » Fri May 01, 2009 12:38 am

86 Rabbit wrote:Twi-bandages! Ok, I have to say that's brilliant! Makes much more sense than any other...shall we call them Fandages?

I dunno about the joke aspect of the Twi-merch. Sure we all laugh at most of it. We all share a particular sense of humor though.
I've seen some pretty serious tweens checking out that body shimmer.

THIS HAD ME ROLLING...I can just imagine it:
*fade in*
--two girls standing in hot topic, one wearing a cullen crest tee and the other in one that says I<3 boys who sparkle.....

Girl 1: Wow...they make Edward Body Shimmer!

Girl 2: What, *Giggles nervously*...NO WAY!

Girl 1: Yes way...look, right here *reads label*--do you love boys who sparkle? Would you like your boyfriend to have that sundrenched Edward Glow? Then try Twilight Body Shimmer.

Girl 2: Is that supposed to be for boys?

Girl 1: I guess so...but I mean girls could use it! Female vamps sparkle in the sun too.

Girl 2: Do you think my boyfriend would wear it?

Girl 1: probably not....but we could try it on my little brother. I've got some juicy dirt on him, he'll beg me to try it on...

Girl 2: if u say so.......

Girl 1: SoooOOooo....Should I buy some?

Girl 2: YEAH, you totally should

*together they walk off to the register with dreams of turning every boy they know into an EDWARD who SPARKLES
*fade out*
Last edited by Mrs.P. on Fri May 01, 2009 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mrs.P.

Postby VampireVixen » Fri May 01, 2009 2:22 am

Mrs.P. wrote:
86 Rabbit wrote:Twi-bandages! Ok, I have to say that's brilliant! Makes much more sense than any other...shall we call them Fandages?

I dunno about the joke aspect of the Twi-merch. Sure we all laugh at most of it. We all share a particular sense of humor though.
I've seen some pretty serious tweens checking out that body shimmer.

THIS HAD ME ROLLING...I can just imagine it:
*fade in*
--two girls standing in hot topic, one wearing a cullen crest tee and the other in one that says I<3 boys who sparkle.....

Girl 1: Wow...they make Edward Body Shimmer!

Girl 2: What, *Giggles nervously*...NO WAY!

Girl 1: Yes way...look, right here *reads label*--do you love boys who sparkle? Would you like your boyfriend to have that sundrenched Edward Glow? Then try Twilight Body Shimmer.

Girl 2: Is that supposed to be for boys?

Girl 1: I guess so...but I mean girls could use it! Female vamps sparkle in the sun too.

Girl 2: Do you think my boyfriend would wear it?

Girl 1: probably not....but we could try it on my little brother. I've got some juicy dirt on him, he'll beg me to try it on...

Girl 2: if u say so.......

Girl 1: SoooOOooo....Should I buy some?

Girl 2: YEAH, you totally should

*together they walk off to the register with dreams of turning every boy they know into an EDWARD who SPARKLES
*fade out*

Oh Wow this totally reminded me of a scene I witnessed in Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago. So I went to Wal-Mart to get some food (poor college student, don't judge) and right in the aisle was the display for the Twilight Sweethearts. I was with a friend and we were kinda laughing at it and then we saw this: Two girls DRAGGING a third girl away from the display. Girl #3 was clutching a box of Sweethearts to her chest and wailing "You can't protect me forever! There will always be more Twilight stuff". I was totally 2nd hand embarrassed for her!
"Don't." My voice was just a whisper now; awareness was beginning to seep through me, trickling like acid through my veins. "Don't do this."
VampireVixen
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Twilight