Go to footer

New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Ceri » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:59 pm

I don't know if it's because I'm going to see them soon and I keep listening to their music but I think Kings of Leon's newest CD fits perfectly with New Moon.

Granted some of the songs talk about smoking and drinking and that doesn't exactly fit. But its the mood and the angst of those songs, of being alone and/or parted from one another that really parallels the NM theme.
User avatar
Ceri
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Robizona


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Kristin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Ceri wrote:I don't know if it's because I'm going to see them soon and I keep listening to their music but I think Kings of Leon's newest CD fits perfectly with New Moon.

Granted some of the songs talk about smoking and drinking and that doesn't exactly fit. But its the mood and the angst of those songs, of being alone and/or parted from one another that really parallels the NM theme.


Ceri I totally agree...cold dessert is so angsty..and there are a few other ones that are so hard edge rock they would be perfect for any of the movies!

Its funny because that Sarah M. song I posted is suppose to be about death or addiction I think..but I like it better as a 'love gone wrong" type song. In fact, it pretty much IS what Bella is thinking when he leaves. My fave line is "deep within I'm shaken by the violence of existing for only you". Gawd. I love good music.

Oh I also like the NIN song, and Amy Winehouse, Red jumpsuit is a great one too....wow, all of the ones we have suggested would be perfect!

So hi Summit! I think you need a panel of people to help decide the music for the rest of the soundtracks. Hello, you have that now. Just let us know when and where. and if..uh...Rob wants some input..tell him he is totally invited to our meetings :)
Image
Because thats NORMAL.
User avatar
Kristin
Smarter than Yorkie
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:56 am
Location: Middle of a Corn Field, Nebraska


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Ceri » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:24 pm

@Kristin

I love Sarah M.!

I know what you mean, sometimes I really love a song and then when I really listen to the lyrics, I'm like "what the hell did they just say?"

Ah, like Rob and relating to "Soft" (although I'm sure he is joking in this interview, but you can never tell) LMAO!
User avatar
Ceri
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Robizona


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Mrs.P. » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 pm

AmourPSU wrote:Mrs. P - we have a very similar taste in music with the exception of Amy Winehouse. I just can't get past the fact that she is a crack-whore. Maybe it's me, and maybe I saw way too many sicknast pictures of her on Perez over the past year, but I just can't get past it. But back onto the subject of singer/songwriters, I absolutely love Fiona Apple and her Tidal CD. It is probably hands down one of my top 5 favorite CDs. Hmm, I also really love Christina Aguilera, so go figure.


Ok...now you are starting to scare me....I love both of them...Cristina can kick ass on a song, and Fiona...well she's just a bad bad girl, and u know I can relate to that!!--We really do have similar tastes!

And as far as Amy Wino goes...Her Personal Life is a mess!! you'll get no argument from me on that...but the girl can saaaang! :)
Image
"Shudupinyaface! No fangirls, just fucking...because THAT'S NORMAL!"
Follow me: MrsP_ifurnastee @Twitter!
User avatar
Mrs.P.
Renee's Cooking Instructor
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: San Diego


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Freya » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Incredible suggestions coming to light here. Both Fiona Apple and Amy Winehouse (despite the fact that she's seriously messed up) can sing the songs of heartbreak like they mean it. Major angst!

I'm getting over the fact that I can't have whiskey-and-cigarettes-Rob on the soundtrack (though I died a little inside), but another bluesy, soulful voice came to mind today. How about some Adele? She has such a beautiful rough honey voice. Several of her songs would be beautifully suited to reflect the emotions at different points in the story. First Love is the breakup--"The love has dried up/and stayed behind/and if I stay I'll be a lie." Then we have her cover of Bob Dylan's To Make You Feel My Love which I think is very fitting for when Edward comes back and Bella can't believe that he's actually still in love with her. However, my number one favorite would be Melt My Heart to Stone for delusional Bella.

"And I hear your words that I made up
You say my name like there could be an us
I best tidy up my head, I'm the only one
In love, I'm the only one in love."

I love her acoustic version of this song. I'm going to try the YouTube thing here (crossing fingers):

Image
"--as if there was any way I could exist without needing you!"
User avatar
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: New Mexico


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Mrs.P. » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:25 pm

Freya wrote:... Both Fiona Apple and Amy Winehouse....
"And I hear your words that I made up
You say my name like there could be an us
I best tidy up my head, I'm the only one
In love, I'm the only one in love."

I love her acoustic version of this song. I'm going to try the YouTube thing here (crossing fingers):


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ LOVE THIS!!!!^^^^^^^^^^
and agree, that it would rock the soundtrack...I think if they could get an acoustic of Wake up Alone as well..WOW!
Image
"Shudupinyaface! No fangirls, just fucking...because THAT'S NORMAL!"
Follow me: MrsP_ifurnastee @Twitter!
User avatar
Mrs.P.
Renee's Cooking Instructor
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: San Diego


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby AmourPSU » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Mrs.P. wrote:
AmourPSU wrote:Mrs. P - we have a very similar taste in music with the exception of Amy Winehouse. I just can't get past the fact that she is a crack-whore. Maybe it's me, and maybe I saw way too many sicknast pictures of her on Perez over the past year, but I just can't get past it. But back onto the subject of singer/songwriters, I absolutely love Fiona Apple and her Tidal CD. It is probably hands down one of my top 5 favorite CDs. Hmm, I also really love Christina Aguilera, so go figure.


Ok...now you are starting to scare me....I love both of them...Cristina can kick ass on a song, and Fiona...well she's just a bad bad girl, and u know I can relate to that!!--We really do have similar tastes!

And as far as Amy Wino goes...Her Personal Life is a mess!! you'll get no argument from me on that...but the girl can saaaang! :)


Since, we are being pretty balls-out about everything twilight, I'll admit that I have an abnormal obsession with Christina Aguilera. HOWEVER, my Twilight obsession has pretty much eclipsed any past obsessions.
The world would be a better place if we could all just dance it out. True Story.
User avatar
AmourPSU
Swiftner Lover
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:28 am
Location: City of Brotherly Love


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Mrs.P. » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:21 pm

AmourPSU wrote:
Mrs.P. wrote:Ok...now you are starting to scare me....I love both of them...Cristina can kick ass on a song, and Fiona...well she's just a bad bad girl, and u know I can relate to that!!--We really do have similar tastes!

And as far as Amy Wino goes...Her Personal Life is a mess!! you'll get no argument from me on that...but the girl can saaaang! :)



Since, we are being pretty balls-out about everything twilight, I'll admit that I have an abnormal obsession with Christina Aguilera. HOWEVER, my Twilight obsession has pretty much eclipsed any past obsessions.


Ain't no Shame in the Game...you love who you love, right? just like Rob...just OWN it!
Image
"Shudupinyaface! No fangirls, just fucking...because THAT'S NORMAL!"
Follow me: MrsP_ifurnastee @Twitter!
User avatar
Mrs.P.
Renee's Cooking Instructor
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: San Diego


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby newkindofunicorn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:15 pm

theres this pretty much unknown artist named emily asen from new york, she has a song called love bruise that could totally fit in somewhere heres her website http://www.emilyasen.com/music.html


@freya first of all i love your name, it reminds me of aeon flux, second is that rob in the middle picture on the thingie in your siggie?

omg that jackson isnt it? hot hot hot
David. Tennant. Faint.
User avatar
newkindofunicorn
Leghitcher
 
Posts: 2507
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:32 am
Location: New Hampshire USA


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby *JR* » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm

I think they should have new artists on the soundtrack, but since I love Paramore everytime I listen to Until Tomorrow it reminds me of New Moon.
*JR*
Fake Lesbian
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 am


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby *JR* » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:42 pm

*JR* wrote:I think they should have new artists on the soundtrack, but since I love Paramore everytime I listen to Until Tomorrow it reminds me of New Moon.


the lyrics

I Climb, I Slip, I Fall
Reaching for your hands
But I lay here all alone
Sweating all your blood
If I could find out how
To make you listen now
Because I'm starving for you here
With my undying love and I
....I will

Breathe for love tomorrow
Cause there's no hope for today
Breathe for love tomorrow
Cause maybe theres another way

I Climb, I Slip, I Fall
Reaching for your hands
But I Lay Here All alone
Sweating all your blood
If I could find out how
To make you listen now
Because I'm starving for you here
With my undying love and I
....I Will

Breathe for love tomorrow
Cause theres no hope for today
Breathe for love tomorrow
Cause maybe theres another way
[X2]

I Climb, I Slip, I Fall
Into Your Empty hands
but I Lay Here All alone
Sweating all your blood
*JR*
Fake Lesbian
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:27 am


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Freya » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 pm

newkindofunicorn wrote:theres this pretty much unknown artist named emily asen from new york, she has a song called love bruise that could totally fit in somewhere heres her website http://www.emilyasen.com/music.html


@freya first of all i love your name, it reminds me of aeon flux, second is that rob in the middle picture on the thingie in your siggie?

omg that jackson isnt it? hot hot hot



Awww, thanks, Newkindofunicorn! I got Freya from Scandinavian mythology. I remember watching Aeon Flux on MTV back in the day, and that fly trapped in the eyelash always freaked me out! :D

Rob's on the outer edges, Jackson is the middle. "HOT" is an understatement!
Image
"--as if there was any way I could exist without needing you!"
User avatar
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: New Mexico


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Jordan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Marta wrote:Random thought:

Anyone love the intro to the Twilight movie? What I mean is, I now LUV The Black Ghosts song, Full Moon, that they used. And I love the part with the aerial shot that transitions from Arizona to Washington and the title of the movie shows up. That part of the song has a really beautiful quality to it, with strings in the background, and the way the song is sung, gives a fantastical kind of quality that fits perfectly, I think. Go watch/listen to it.

So I really hope they hit the mark with New Moon.

Yeah, that's what I think.

:D

Ok, Marta, here's me returning the high five that you sent my way in the "Introduce Yourselves" thread! You're awesome, because I've thought nearly those exact same things while watching the part you're referring to. That song is a great match for that sequence, because it's sort of abstract and ethereal, and, when set against the beautiful forests they show in that intro - perfect! It totally draws you in!
User avatar
Jordan
Phil's Baseball Coach
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 am
Location: Texas


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby DreamWeaver » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Everyone's talking about Bella and Edward here...
but seriously, I need a kickass song for the wolfpack. Something hard, heavy, and hardcore.

Like...Wolfmother's "Joker and the Thief."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU0ccZ_i ... re=related
(You Tube won't let me post the vid--but that's the link.)

Yep...New Moon needs some rockin' tunes. Indeed.
DreamWeaver


I may or may not like Twilight.
User avatar
DreamWeaver
Provider of Special Hugs
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Like any place other than the South counts.


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Freya » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:39 pm

*JR* wrote:
*JR* wrote:I think they should have new artists on the soundtrack, but since I love Paramore everytime I listen to Until Tomorrow it reminds me of New Moon.


I love Paramore, but I hadn't heard this song before. I had to listen to it, and I'm in total agreement with you. There's something sweet, sad and poignant about this song. Both the lyrics and the melody are evocative of Bella's suffering. Excellent choice.
Image
"--as if there was any way I could exist without needing you!"
User avatar
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: New Mexico


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Calliope » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:24 am

hi ladies ... love this thread!

I would have to say i'd agree with those who are calling for less-mainstream artists. I think that movies that deal with this level of angst sort of need that. although, there are some seriously perfect "more popular" songs or songs from well established artists that would fit perfectly. I think having some lesser known, more edgy or folky people cover a more familiar song would be phenomenal.

My picks... i've got so many. I'd love to hear someone like Santigold on the soundtrack. She's super edgy and i think, in much the same way winehouse/fiona fit well into the angst, Santigold would be perfect as well, while adding a slight edge and paranormal feel to it.

the song i like is Superman... I think it'd be most perfect in the scene where Bella approaches the bar and hears edward for the first time... or any scene where she's hearing him...

User avatar
Calliope
Director of Twi Theatrics
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Wherever Rob wants me... usually his pants.


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby ISPBN » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:51 am

I think pretty much any song by Bon Iver - particularly Skinny Love maybe. Or Blood Bank, which I think LTR suggested previously a few weeks back.
ISPBN
 


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Marta » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:38 am

Jordan wrote:
Marta wrote:Random thought:

Anyone love the intro to the Twilight movie? What I mean is, I now LUV The Black Ghosts song, Full Moon, that they used. And I love the part with the aerial shot that transitions from Arizona to Washington and the title of the movie shows up. That part of the song has a really beautiful quality to it, with strings in the background, and the way the song is sung, gives a fantastical kind of quality that fits perfectly, I think. Go watch/listen to it.

So I really hope they hit the mark with New Moon.

Yeah, that's what I think.

:D

Ok, Marta, here's me returning the high five that you sent my way in the "Introduce Yourselves" thread! You're awesome, because I've thought nearly those exact same things while watching the part you're referring to. That song is a great match for that sequence, because it's sort of abstract and ethereal, and, when set against the beautiful forests they show in that intro - perfect! It totally draws you in!


OMG. We totally share the same brain it seems. Nice! :lol:

I'm in a totally great mood today. Could be it's Friday. Could be it's SUPER nice out here and will be through the weekend. Could be I'm refinancing my house today. Yay, for saving $$$! And I'm rock-climbing tomorry!! WoOt!

*does a happy dance of joy*

:D

I luvs you all and this thread! SOOOO many great ideas! I agree with Dreamweaver, let's shift the focus a little bit to the Wolf Pack. What stuff would you like to hear when their scenes are going on?

Annnnnndddddd.....

GO!
~ Marti, the one woman party
Tweet me: http://twitter.com/aramisette

"But only one thing could explain the shiny fucking curls."

"Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
and needy
Warm me up
And breathe me"
User avatar
Marta
Lurking Third Wheel
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Boston, MA


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby joebendesigns » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:41 am

Marta wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Marta wrote:Random thought:

Anyone love the intro to the Twilight movie? What I mean is, I now LUV The Black Ghosts song, Full Moon, that they used. And I love the part with the aerial shot that transitions from Arizona to Washington and the title of the movie shows up. That part of the song has a really beautiful quality to it, with strings in the background, and the way the song is sung, gives a fantastical kind of quality that fits perfectly, I think. Go watch/listen to it.

So I really hope they hit the mark with New Moon.

Yeah, that's what I think.

:D

Ok, Marta, here's me returning the high five that you sent my way in the "Introduce Yourselves" thread! You're awesome, because I've thought nearly those exact same things while watching the part you're referring to. That song is a great match for that sequence, because it's sort of abstract and ethereal, and, when set against the beautiful forests they show in that intro - perfect! It totally draws you in!


OMG. We totally share the same brain it seems. Nice! :lol:

I'm in a totally great mood today. Could be it's Friday. Could be it's SUPER nice out here and will be through the weekend. Could be I'm refinancing my house today. Yay, for saving $$$! And I'm rock-climbing tomorry!! WoOt!

*does a happy dance of joy*

:D

I luvs you all and this thread! SOOOO many great ideas! I agree with Dreamweaver, let's shift the focus a little bit to the Wolf Pack. What stuff would you like to hear when their scenes are going on?

Annnnnndddddd.....

GO!


Let's think... Maybe "Hungry Like the Wolf"? Just kidding, I got nothing.
User avatar
joebendesigns
Phil's Baseball Coach
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 am
Location: Oklahoma! Hell yeah!


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Freya » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:12 pm


Let's think... Maybe "Hungry Like the Wolf"? Just kidding, I got nothing.


Hungry Like the Wolf? I vote YES! Love some classic Duran Duran! And you made me laugh, lots and lots.

I realized I was fixated on Edward and Bella before (it doesn't help that the last 1/4 of the book is the most frequently read by me), and now I have to think hot, sexy, dangerous Wolf Pack. Also some good Volturi suspense music! And Extreme Sports Bella! Back to iTunes I go...
Image
"--as if there was any way I could exist without needing you!"
User avatar
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: New Mexico


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby joebendesigns » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Freya wrote:

Let's think... Maybe "Hungry Like the Wolf"? Just kidding, I got nothing.


Hungry Like the Wolf? I vote YES! Love some classic Duran Duran! And you made me laugh, lots and lots.

I realized I was fixated on Edward and Bella before (it doesn't help that the last 1/4 of the book is the most frequently read by me), and now I have to think hot, sexy, dangerous Wolf Pack. Also some good Volturi suspense music! And Extreme Sports Bella! Back to iTunes I go...


Extreme Sports Bella?!? LMAO! Do the X-Games have a theme song?
User avatar
joebendesigns
Phil's Baseball Coach
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 am
Location: Oklahoma! Hell yeah!


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Freya » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:30 pm

joebendesigns wrote:
Freya wrote:

Let's think... Maybe "Hungry Like the Wolf"? Just kidding, I got nothing.


Hungry Like the Wolf? I vote YES! Love some classic Duran Duran! And you made me laugh, lots and lots.

I realized I was fixated on Edward and Bella before (it doesn't help that the last 1/4 of the book is the most frequently read by me), and now I have to think hot, sexy, dangerous Wolf Pack. Also some good Volturi suspense music! And Extreme Sports Bella! Back to iTunes I go...


Extreme Sports Bella?!? LMAO! Do the X-Games have a theme song?



Or THIS:

Image
"--as if there was any way I could exist without needing you!"
User avatar
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: New Mexico


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Marta » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Freya wrote:

Let's think... Maybe "Hungry Like the Wolf"? Just kidding, I got nothing.


Hungry Like the Wolf? I vote YES! Love some classic Duran Duran! And you made me laugh, lots and lots.

I realized I was fixated on Edward and Bella before (it doesn't help that the last 1/4 of the book is the most frequently read by me), and now I have to think hot, sexy, dangerous Wolf Pack. Also some good Volturi suspense music! And Extreme Sports Bella! Back to iTunes I go...


Aaahh!! I can't see any vids here at work, so I'll have to check out peeps suggestions 2nite.

@Freya, yes, we're all fixated on Bella/Edward, and I don't love the wolfy stuff in the books, just not my fave, but I think we need to think of the movie as a whole when we're talking music.

Yes, to the Volturi! What do you think they're going to do when Bella's running through the square? Prolly something written specifically. That part is really tense and active and an adrenaline rush, so I know they're going to heighten those feelings for us.

Extreme Sports Bella!

Yeah, what do you think about when she first rides the motorcycle? Or when she cliff dives? I think some peeps have made suggestions for the latter. Something truly epic. This wouldn't fit there, but my current song obsession, Breathe Me by Sia, is, to me, an epic kind of song. Do you know what I mean? Something about the kind of emotionally wrought lyrics combined with swelling music emotes something in me EVERY SINGLE TIME. So, yeah, something EPIC for that part. Who knows? They may end up writing music/score for that scene, as well.
~ Marti, the one woman party
Tweet me: http://twitter.com/aramisette

"But only one thing could explain the shiny fucking curls."

"Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
and needy
Warm me up
And breathe me"
User avatar
Marta
Lurking Third Wheel
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:18 am
Location: Boston, MA


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby Freya » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:35 pm

I got it!

Wolf Pack: Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie Minogue! HA!

Okay, no more jokes, I'll start thinking seriously now.

Thinking, thinking...
Image
"--as if there was any way I could exist without needing you!"
User avatar
Freya
Berry Cobbler Enthusiast
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: New Mexico


Re: New Moon - Soundtrack Suggestions

Postby adriana » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:41 pm

If Sarah McLachlan ends up on the New Moon soundtrack, I'll be a basketcase of excitement. That would really put me over the edge -- Sarah's a freaking goddess. There are so many songs that would be perfect. I've been thinking a lot about the song "Hold On," which is like this crazy spiraling out of control song that's so heavy with emotion ... hmmm. The lyrics aren't a perfect match, but the feel of the song is right, I think. There's a lot from her "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" album that could work.

There are some killer songs by The Verve, too... "The Drugs Don't Work" is devastatingly sad. But I doubt they'll use a song with "drugs" in the title ;-)

LOVE the suggestion to use "Creep" by Radiohead. And super interesting idea to have KStew cover...

I wonder how much/if they'll be willing to use older songs vs. brand new ones?
User avatar
adriana
107 Year Old Virgin
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to The Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest